Dr John Tee - KKH

p_eppermint

Hi mummies, am looking for some reviews on Dr John Tee from KKH. I’m a ftm and very anxious about this pregnancy. Would like to transfer from NUH to KKH TPS and have an appt scheduled with him for 10th apr 5.50pm (18th week of pregnancy). Will the wait be long? Is the scanning done in the clinic itself? How frequent are the u/s scans done - is it during every visit?

Additionally, can I also check what are the bill sizes like if there’s any mummy who delivered normally under him and chosen A1 (single bedder) ward.

Thanks so much for any information provided :)

Hi mummies, am looking for some reviews on Dr John Tee from KKH. I’m a ftm and very anxious about this pregnancy. Would like to transfer from NUH to KKH TPS and have an appt scheduled with him for 10th apr 5.50pm (18th week of pregnancy). Will the wait be long? Is the scanning done in the clinic itself? How frequent are the u/s scans done - is it during every visit?

Additionally, can I also check what are the bill sizes like if there’s any mummy who delivered normally under him and chosen A1 (single bedder) ward.

I didn’t have a good first time experience. I was with another hospital and he was upfront that he couldn’t handle my case and discharged me. But it was all good and a blessing in disguise cos my current gynae was excellent.

I didn’t have a good first time experience. I was with another hospital and he was upfront that he couldn’t handle my case and discharged me. But it was all good and a blessing in disguise cos my current gynae was excellent.

hi mummy, thanks for sharing. care to explain further? i have read a few good reviews that he is experienced and professional so am surprised he would turn you down. were you in a similar situation as me whereby you transferred halfway from another hospital to KKH TPS?

My #1 was delivered by him at KKH.i stay additional 1 day on top of the package.mine was normal delivery.i paid around $2.8k as I took 22hrs to deliver my LO.John Tee doesn't talk much.If he does,means it's bad.He predict the delivery time well.Also I have a smooth delivery with him.John Tee does the scanning himself in the clinic one.as for frequency of visit I can't remember cos I deliver in 2014.my #2 due in July but I not going back to John Tee cos the system in KKH doesn't meet expectation.From visits to deliver.i visited John Tee once for #2 then switch to other gynAe.John Tee is good but how the hospital system works is not what I looking for.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Forum mobile app

My #1 was delivered by him at KKH.i stay additional 1 day on top of the package.mine was normal delivery.i paid around $2.8k as I took 22hrs to deliver my LO.John Tee doesn't talk much.If he does,means it's bad.He predict the delivery time well.Also I have a smooth delivery with him.John Tee does the scanning himself in the clinic one.as for frequency of visit I can't remember cos I deliver in 2014.my #2 due in July but I not going back to John Tee cos the system in KKH doesn't meet expectation.From visits to deliver.i visited John Tee once for #2 then switch to other gynAe.John Tee is good but how the hospital system works is not what I looking for.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Forum mobile app

thanks for sharing :) $2.8k is the total amt paid in cash including delivery and hospitalization fees etc? did you stay in A1 ward?

btw, if possible can elaborate on the system in KKH as i read and heard from others that they've had pleasant experiences at KKH TPS...

thanks for sharing :) $2.8k is the total amt paid in cash including delivery and hospitalization fees etc? did you stay in A1 ward?

btw, if possible can elaborate on the system in KKH as i read and heard from others that they've had pleasant experiences at KKH TPS...

My #1 (2016) was at KKH as Subpatient. Was not a good experience too. But my SIL was doing ok there same as Subpatient.
Mine, waterbag had burst and Gynae came back 1hr later to check again on the opening. But baby had stressed up inside and poo which make a few of the Gynae who visiting me decided to send me for emergency cser. Why emergency cser? Cause it's dangerous for baby if they ate the poo, it will block their breathing tube.

But then I was left unattended for 3hrs even though we tried calling them (mid wife also did rush here & there to get Gynae for me but disappointed). Then I decided to deliver it myself. Baby out and was pull off to NICU without letting me even hold or see him for once. Due to their neglect, my baby was on plugs and tubes everywhere. I also get sew 1hr later after birth. Reason giving from all of them is, That day there's a lot of mummies giving birth and not enough Gynae in the labour department.

I find it ridiculous, shouldn't complication and emergency should be handle first and priority?

SIL gave birth Apr 2018, we get to know that nurse feed baby in ward using a small cup. I'm not sure whether this is something new? But was shocked. At that early weeks, baby drink milk using a small cup?! supposed to be latching with their mummy or bottle feed right?

My #1 (2016) was at KKH as Subpatient. Was not a good experience too. But my SIL was doing ok there same as Subpatient.
Mine, waterbag had burst and Gynae came back 1hr later to check again on the opening. But baby had stressed up inside and poo which make a few of the Gynae who visiting me decided to send me for emergency cser. Why emergency cser? Cause it's dangerous for baby if they ate the poo, it will block their breathing tube.

But then I was left unattended for 3hrs even though we tried calling them (mid wife also did rush here & there to get Gynae for me but disappointed). Then I decided to deliver it myself. Baby out and was pull off to NICU without letting me even hold or see him for once. Due to their neglect, my baby was on plugs and tubes everywhere. I also get sew 1hr later after birth. Reason giving from all of them is, That day there's a lot of mummies giving birth and not enough Gynae in the labour department.

I find it ridiculous, shouldn't complication and emergency should be handle first and priority?

SIL gave birth Apr 2018, we get to know that nurse feed baby in ward using a small cup. I'm not sure whether this is something new? But was shocked. At that early weeks, baby drink milk using a small cup?! supposed to be latching with their mummy or bottle feed right?

oh dear, sounds like an awful experience :( yea, i heard abt cases where bb poo inside too and understand that it can be very dangerous for bb. i am not sure if this is the standard for sub patients as i too have read a few negative reviews from kkh sub patients. just afraid that private patient also will face similar service standards. where did you deliver your #2 at?

Cup feeding is to avoid nipple confusion. So baby can go back to latching easily.

Cup feeding is to avoid nipple confusion. So baby can go back to latching easily.
But is it normal for all babies? cause my mum saw nurses there feeding all the babies there using the cup.. where else their mummies in the ward waiting for them.. so I very confuse on this. And when my SIL bring home, the baby don't really want to latch and now they need to feed baby by bottle. Is this because they are use to cup feeding and not latching?

Cause my #1, all mummies in the ward need to latch and keep on trying even some I heard say pain and can't latch. but still nurse force to do it cause they say baby will use to latching, otherwise it's hard for them to feed at home.

oh dear, sounds like an awful experience :( yea, i heard abt cases where bb poo inside too and understand that it can be very dangerous for bb. i am not sure if this is the standard for sub patients as i too have read a few negative reviews from kkh sub patients. just afraid that private patient also will face similar service standards. where did you deliver your #2 at?
Yupz.. even the nurses at nicu n nursery ask me about my baby.. I told them and they said it's miracle that my baby survive cause it's hard for baby to survive when they had that in. Cause it covered their breathing tube and my baby had it covered for 3hrs before his out and get pump out all those water n poo out of his throat..

I'm having #2 and considering NUH.. Till today my trauma at KKH stays.. :(

But is it normal for all babies? cause my mum saw nurses there feeding all the babies there using the cup.. where else their mummies in the ward waiting for them.. so I very confuse on this. And when my SIL bring home, the baby don't really want to latch and now they need to feed baby by bottle. Is this because they are use to cup feeding and not latching?

Cause my #1, all mummies in the ward need to latch and keep on trying even some I heard say pain and can't latch. but still nurse force to do it cause they say baby will use to latching, otherwise it's hard for them to feed at home.

FYI on the pros and cons of cup feeding
http://breastfeeding.support/cup-feeding-newborn/
It takes longer time to feed so I always thought more effort needed from nurse.

For bottle feeding, it can also hinder latching since sucking from bottle nipple will give baby faster milk flow and less effort required. Latching directly from mum needs more effort for baby and slower milk flow than from bottle. So both feeding method (cup and bottle) also have their pros and cons.

Actually kkh is very pro on breastfeeding and even throughout the night they prefer my newborn baby to stay with me in my room rather than in nursery.

I guess just insist to them that your sil wants to latch, I am sure they will bring baby to her.

Yupz.. even the nurses at nicu n nursery ask me about my baby.. I told them and they said it's miracle that my baby survive cause it's hard for baby to survive when they had that in. Cause it covered their breathing tube and my baby had it covered for 3hrs before his out and get pump out all those water n poo out of his throat..

I'm having #2 and considering NUH.. Till today my trauma at KKH stays.. :(

oh man, must have been so heartbreaking to have to see your bb go through all that... i am wondering if it is bcos of the difference between sub/private patient... i had my first appt with dr john tee on tuesday and was very pleased with the service there. saw him at TPS and the wait was relatively fast, he was really professional despite cracking jokes there and there. made hubby and i feel at ease and hubby likes him too. total we took only abt 1.5 hrs including waiting, seeing doc, collecting med, making payment etc. it helps that they have an automated machine to make payment so you don't have to wait for your q no. to be called. most likely we will be staying with KKH, but are waiting to go for maternity tour first. no idea how to make appt for maternity tour as the number given is a general hotline with no directions/instructions on applying for maternity tour. o_O

as compared to NUH, our experience at KKH was much better... the wait at NUH was insane, could go up to 3+hrs sometimes which frustrated us very much esp since appt had been made prior. at NUH, we didn't even feel like a private patient :( and the docs/nurses there are not as friendly or detailed (maybe due to high vol. of patients).

how many weeks along are you? are you planning to go sub route this time as well?

oh man, must have been so heartbreaking to have to see your bb go through all that... i am wondering if it is bcos of the difference between sub/private patient... i had my first appt with dr john tee on tuesday and was very pleased with the service there. saw him at TPS and the wait was relatively fast, he was really professional despite cracking jokes there and there. made hubby and i feel at ease and hubby likes him too. total we took only abt 1.5 hrs including waiting, seeing doc, collecting med, making payment etc. it helps that they have an automated machine to make payment so you don't have to wait for your q no. to be called. most likely we will be staying with KKH, but are waiting to go for maternity tour first. no idea how to make appt for maternity tour as the number given is a general hotline with no directions/instructions on applying for maternity tour. o_O

as compared to NUH, our experience at KKH was much better... the wait at NUH was insane, could go up to 3+hrs sometimes which frustrated us very much esp since appt had been made prior. at NUH, we didn't even feel like a private patient :( and the docs/nurses there are not as friendly or detailed (maybe due to high vol. of patients).

how many weeks along are you? are you planning to go sub route this time as well?

Maybe also because of the sub & private patient treatment.. Not sure about it. Private patient, your own Gynae will be with you all along right. Where else Sub patient, depend on the Gynae available on that day. But I just feel, if it's under complication or emergency, it also means to be priority and need extra care cause it life and death of two life (mum & baby). those not under that, may still give birth with just a mid-wife beside.. That's just what I feel. But end up I give birth with only mid-wife.. haha! Still ok but I just regret and disappointed that it should be earlier instead of 3hrs baby going thru that..

I'm at NUH as sub patient and already 26weeks. So far only scan at private suite let me wait longer but I well understand there's a lot of patient both sub and private waiting for scanning but lesser room. For sub clinic so far just nice on the waiting time.

FYI on the pros and cons of cup feeding
http://breastfeeding.support/cup-feeding-newborn/
It takes longer time to feed so I always thought more effort needed from nurse.

For bottle feeding, it can also hinder latching since sucking from bottle nipple will give baby faster milk flow and less effort required. Latching directly from mum needs more effort for baby and slower milk flow than from bottle. So both feeding method (cup and bottle) also have their pros and cons.

Actually kkh is very pro on breastfeeding and even throughout the night they prefer my newborn baby to stay with me in my room rather than in nursery.

I guess just insist to them that your sil wants to latch, I am sure they will bring baby to her.
Ahh thanks for the inform! :)

So meaning we still can opt for latching to the nurse to get baby use to it.. Instead of having cups/bottle feeding at first..

Maybe also because of the sub & private patient treatment.. Not sure about it. Private patient, your own Gynae will be with you all along right. Where else Sub patient, depend on the Gynae available on that day. But I just feel, if it's under complication or emergency, it also means to be priority and need extra care cause it life and death of two life (mum & baby). those not under that, may still give birth with just a mid-wife beside.. That's just what I feel. But end up I give birth with only mid-wife.. haha! Still ok but I just regret and disappointed that it should be earlier instead of 3hrs baby going thru that..

I'm at NUH as sub patient and already 26weeks. So far only scan at private suite let me wait longer but I well understand there's a lot of patient both sub and private waiting for scanning but lesser room. For sub clinic so far just nice on the waiting time.

yea, agree that both sub and private should be treated equally for emergency cases. but i guess this is also why can always see lots of complaints abt KKH...

scan at private suite? at NUH? do you mean scan at fetal care centre? as i know NUH FCC queue is very long. had my first trim scan there and the wait was a killer. for me, both queue for scan as well as queue for doc is super duper long. appt at 9.40 am but only saw doc at nearly 12 pm.

yea, agree that both sub and private should be treated equally for emergency cases. but i guess this is also why can always see lots of complaints abt KKH...

scan at private suite? at NUH? do you mean scan at fetal care centre? as i know NUH FCC queue is very long. had my first trim scan there and the wait was a killer. for me, both queue for scan as well as queue for doc is super duper long. appt at 9.40 am but only saw doc at nearly 12 pm.
Ouhya Sorry.. It's FCC.. In FCC queue was super long. However at clinic G for subpatient, I find it normal not long since we have appointment and come on time. I usually will come in like 30mins early, scan appointment and weight, take queue number. Then go for urine. haha! so by the time I come back to clinic, sit awhile and my number out :)

Even FCC payment counter queue was long, I'm not sure how true was that. As I don't see any patient there paying yet the counter was empty for long. So not sure what the officer did on that desk. End up I didn't pay and come back to clinic next round to pay both consultation and FCC in the clinic. way faster.. haha!

Ouhya Sorry.. It's FCC.. In FCC queue was super long. However at clinic G for subpatient, I find it normal not long since we have appointment and come on time. I usually will come in like 30mins early, scan appointment and weight, take queue number. Then go for urine. haha! so by the time I come back to clinic, sit awhile and my number out :)

Even FCC payment counter queue was long, I'm not sure how true was that. As I don't see any patient there paying yet the counter was empty for long. So not sure what the officer did on that desk. End up I didn't pay and come back to clinic next round to pay both consultation and FCC in the clinic. way faster.. haha!

haha, didn't know you could do that! i wouldn't dare - sekali they think i'm trying to run away without paying or sth lol

i usually come on time for NUH appts but still had to wait very long... basically there's a long q of patients before me, so it probably would not have mattered even if i came early. i have had two appts to see the gynae, one at 9.40 am, the other at 12.20 pm. both also almost 2 hr wait. i'm not sure but it could be bcos my gynae is quite a popular one?

anyway, those few experiences at NUH is enough to scare me liao... so i think we will remain with KKH for now. :)

haha, didn't know you could do that! i wouldn't dare - sekali they think i'm trying to run away without paying or sth lol

i usually come on time for NUH appts but still had to wait very long... basically there's a long q of patients before me, so it probably would not have mattered even if i came early. i have had two appts to see the gynae, one at 9.40 am, the other at 12.20 pm. both also almost 2 hr wait. i'm not sure but it could be bcos my gynae is quite a popular one?

anyway, those few experiences at NUH is enough to scare me liao... so i think we will remain with KKH for now. :)
We can never run away with it.. haha! they will send the bills to our house.. I walk away cause the payment counter have no customer yet officer just sitting there without calling queue number for quite sometimes. Cannot be payment not out yet right, nonsense.

Yeay! Pray for all of us to have fruitful journey at our preferred hospital :)

We can never run away with it.. haha! they will send the bills to our house.. I walk away cause the payment counter have no customer yet officer just sitting there without calling queue number for quite sometimes. Cannot be payment not out yet right, nonsense.

Yeay! Pray for all of us to have fruitful journey at our preferred hospital :)

:) good luck to you dear mummy, may you have a safe delivery and healthy bb! hopefully your experience this time would be much better than your #1 ;)

Back