Dr James Lee (pls share your experience)

xoxoloves

Just to share: Horrible experience with Dr. James Lee's clinic. I would say, he probably hired the worse clinic nurse/assistant ever. He was recommended to me by my friends for my 2nd pregnancy. Thou his charges are more expensive than my previous doc and far from my place, I still took others advise to visit his clinic.

His nurse NEVER ask me to schedule my next visit even when the doctor said he will need to see me in 3 weeks time. Initially I thought it was their clinic's practice for us to call and schedule an appt aftermath. But seems not the case.

I was in my early 1st trimester, other than usual morning sickness etc, there isn't any other complication (1st pregnancy was smooth) but never would I imagine I would suffer from excessive bleeding. I felt sever cramp and called the clinic to ask if im able to head down to do a check for an ease of mind. The nurse said they're full for the day, and said the cramps are normal. After ard 30mins, I was bleeding NON-STOP, panicked, I called the clinic and ask what I should do. And she said "I'm afraid we can't do anything to help you, can you take a cab down to the clinic?" I requested to talk .to the doctor or a callback, but she brushed me off. I was sent to the hospital and was diagnosed as a Threatened Miscarriage.

Please really do beware if you wanna visit this clinic. It's horrible!

hmm sorry to hear of your horrible experience.
when you visited the clinic was it on a wkday or wkend?

actually the regular nurse there is super nice and friendly and has been complimented by many for her good service, perhaps you kena a part time nurse when you were there?

I've been going to Dr James Lee and the experience and service has been fantastic so far.

im feel sorry and sad to hear about your story.

me & my husband very satisfy with the services. the assistant very nice and friendly, every time will help to book for next appointment, she will call one day before to confirm appointment also.
maybe that is part-time assistant to assist you. next time you should take name card of doctor and can call doctor directly.

James Lee is a great doc.
he dun rush through appt and he gave pregnancy advice systematically, which my friends' gynaes mostly didn't do so.
His rates are reasonable too. He was recommended to me by my SIL..

As for clinic nurse, he has a long time assistant who is responsible and manage appt well. I usually wait less than half hr for my turn. The most is 1 hr..which only happen twice.

Had a great experience with Dr James who delivered my daughter in March this year. Agree with Missaug completely. He was better than the other gynae I engaged for my 1st daughter (who practices in Sembawang). Not only does he not rush through the pre-natal consultation, he also ensured all my questions are thoroughly answered at every visit. The downside is for a longer wait for those waiting outside.

Dr James provided steady hand throughout my delivery. He didn't rush in at the last min of delivery and his careful stitching resulted in a quicker recovery than my previous one. I was able to walk within 24 hour of delivery!

Last edited:
Dr James delivered my baby boy last week on 31-july :) !!

The stitching was great..no complication and I can walk and pee with ease after that.

I am kinda sad to come to the end of the pregnancy and will definitely miss the consultation visits at James Lee clinic!!

He gave encouragements and still even can joke to ease the nervousness I was feeling. :)

Hi is this thread still alive? Wondering any mummies to be seeing Dr James Lee now or delivered their babies by Dr James Lee this year?

Hello Aprillia 85, I hope you are already seeing Dr James Lee now! I just had a baby boy under his care, he is truly a wonderful obstetrician and gynaecologist. You can already feel it after the first consultation, especially if you have experienced enough “5-minute doctors”. Do also check out the reviews on his personal blog by googling for his name. Honestly I have lost count of the number of friends/colleagues/acquaintances whom I have recommended to see him!

Hi vauntz84, I’m also considering Dr James Lee. Which hospital did you go to? Did you also take his antenatal package?

Hello Aprillia 85, I hope you are already seeing Dr James Lee now! I just had a baby boy under his care, he is truly a wonderful obstetrician and gynaecologist. You can already feel it after the first consultation, especially if you have experienced enough “5-minute doctors”. Do also check out the reviews on his personal blog by googling for his name. Honestly I have lost count of the number of friends/colleagues/acquaintances whom I have recommended to see him!

Good choice! I delivered at Mount Alvernia as I like their nurses, you can also consider Mt E Novena (nice facilities but more costly if there’s complications) and Thomson Medical (terrible parking, no go for me). Yes I took the package, it starts from Week 20 for Astra Women’s group. Definitely should take if offered, as it may not be extended to those with complications.

That’s really good to know. Scheduled appointment with Dr James next week.
I’ve also been reading a lot of comments about Mount A having nice nurses who encourage breast feeding. I’m still considering between Mount A and TMC.
Do you mind sharing about the costs at Mount A?

Good choice! I delivered at Mount Alvernia as I like their nurses, you can also consider Mt E Novena (nice facilities but more costly if there’s complications) and Thomson Medical (terrible parking, no go for me). Yes I took the package, it starts from Week 20 for Astra Women’s group. Definitely should take if offered, as it may not be extended to those with complications.

Hi Everyone!

I am an experienced Chinese pre-school teacher for 25 years and have raised two daughters. I have recently started writing Chinese audio storybooks on my Youtube Channel (suitable for children 4 years and up) to inspire a love for Chinese stories amongst young children. I hope your children will subscribe to my channel and enjoy my content!

Please find the link to my Youtube channel below:

Hi, anymore review? and anyone knows whats the estimated charges with Dr James Lee? Upon delivery?
Hi! Just delivered with dr James lee 2 weeks plus ago @ Mount E Novena. It was a gd experience. I think you are looking around 10k+ for normal delivery without any complications.

Hi! Just delivered with dr James lee 2 weeks plus ago @ Mount E Novena. It was a gd experience. I think you are looking around 10k+ for normal delivery without any complications.
Thanks so much for your reply! Appreciate that. 10k plus is excluding meditative deduction?

Hi All,

Last year October i went through the abortion of 20 weeks of pregnancy through normal labour pain. Planning again now. But i have the vaginal issues like burning there, white discharge... Etc. Met dr vanaja and dr deena. Didnt get proper solution. Will it be solved if i meet dr James? Will he see look into other issues other than pregnancy. Pls do reply

Thanks
Nandhini.

Hi All,

Last year October i went through the abortion of 20 weeks of pregnancy through normal labour pain. Planning again now. But i have the vaginal issues like burning there, white discharge... Etc. Met dr vanaja and dr deena. Didnt get proper solution. Will it be solved if i meet dr James? Will he see look into other issues other than pregnancy. Pls do reply

Thanks
Nandhini.

Dr James will look into other gynae issues beyond just pregnancy. He is a good doctor.

If you prefer a female doc, you can consider Dr Ng Kai Lyn at Gleneagles. She's very thorough with her diagnosis and treatments as well.

Dr James will look into other gynae issues beyond just pregnancy. He is a good doctor.

If you prefer a female doc, you can consider Dr Ng Kai Lyn at Gleneagles. She's very thorough with her diagnosis and treatments as well.
Thanks a lot for your reply

Back