Divorce Lawyer

confused2022

I have consulted 3 divorce lawyers. However, only 1 medium size lawyer firm gave me a black and white quote. The other 2 small firm lawyer didn’t want to quote me black and white. Keep telling me that it will be based on the paperwork done, number of meeting and conference. Is it common for small firms not giving a black and white quote?

Anyone has lawyer to recommend who charge reasonable fee?

The quote that I received for normal track divorce filing fee range from 7k to 12 k. If contested, I need to pay another 12-35k. Do you think the fee is reasonable?
Thank you.

Depending on contested or non-contested.
For non-contested, 7-12 k is very ex... Usually most range from 1.6-3k
For contested, some can go up to 20-50k depending also.

You can try KK Lee Law, PKLaw etc
There are quite a number out there

Can also refer to below link:
Top 16 Firms for the Best Divorce Lawyer in Singapore [2022 ] (bestinsingapore.co)
Hi
Thank you for your reply. I have found a suitable lawyer and proceed to file the divorce. You are right, the uncontested divorce normally will not hit 3k. The quote that I got from that firm was definitely too high.

Contested is usually more expensive but i think cost would really depend on your situation, but most firms can give you at least an estimate of your total costs to expect. You can try Godwin Campos too. We've consulted with him before and he's very open and easy to talk to regarding fees.

Thank you all for your reply. I have found a suitable lawyer. I have done a quick search for lawyer through a few forums. Most of them recommend Godwin Campos by new member. I hope those new members recommend this firm had been using the service of this firm.

I think apart from fees , looking at a lawyer that truly has your heart and sincerity to win your case is very important. I just concluded my D not too long ago. It took me 4 years and at that time I was also just concerned about cost and found a lawyer that packaged it. But when I have paid up, he didn’t care too much and scolded and insulted me as well and always told me to leave and go to another law firm. I think every one should beware of such lawyers. I’ll be happy to share who to avoid if you are keen to know. Don’t make the same mistake as me.

Back