Divorce/5 room HDB flat

Kayem

Hi
need some advise . I’m in the mid of divorcing . Me and my hubby has a 3 year old daughter. He plan to sell our 5 room matrimonial flat open market in jan 2021. I really reluctant to sell the house. Can I buy over the house or any other suggestion ? We still have one more year loan. He giving me care and control of my daughter. But I’m trying to fight for sole custody instead of joint custody.

If you have the care and control you can buy over the house from him. Or if he wan to, he can transfer his shares to you without you to buy from him.
Normally court will grant joint custody, and it’s not easy to fight for sole custody unless he give up.

If you have the care and control you can buy over the house from him. Or if he wan to, he can transfer his shares to you without you to buy from him.
Normally court will grant joint custody, and it’s not easy to fight for sole custody unless he give up.

But since the birth of my gal he didn’t really do his part as father . He didn’t even purchase any milk powder , clothes etc for her since birth till now . Court will still grant joint custody ? Single mum can buy over the 5 room flat ?

If you have the care and control them you can buy over share of the house.

The court believe child need a father in the life of a child hence normally will give joint custody.
Actually joint custody also nothing much, just need to consults him when major decision affecting the child is needed.
Anyway you also can ask for maintenance for the child also

Yes.. As long as you have C&C, you can take over the flat (with child's name)
For custody, unless he's willing to give up, otherwise usually will be joint

Yes.. As long as you have C&C, you can take over the flat (with child's name)
For custody, unless he's willing to give up, otherwise usually will be joint

But since birth he didn’t really take care of my daughter .

But since birth he didn’t really take care of my daughter .

Yes...Unless you have solid proof?
But even though, very difficult for judge to give sole custody...
Like Wendy mentioned, court believe child need a father in the life of a child hence normally will give joint custody

Yes, single mother with kid under ur c&c can apply to take over his share of the house, but provided he agrees and also you need to take over the loan of the house and refund him back the cpf that he has used..but u can ask ur lawyer to get him to agree for transfer of ownership without any refund of cpf to him.. can be done as i’ve done it.. i took over our matrimonial flat, and with zero refund of his cpf.. but i need to take a new loan for it

Back