DESPERATE HELP NEEDED TO FEED 16 months old baby

Princess 81

What other food to introduce besides porriage.

My boy walks around to eat. Can never sit still even with toys. He takes an average of 1 hour every meal. Very tiring for caregivers.

Pls advise how to make him sit and eat faster

Replies appreciated.

Mrs Wong

Food I gave my children when they are 16 months old -

Noodles, Rice, bread, fish, chicken, Veg basically anything, but no excess oil. Mainly steamed.

Make the food colourful and chop to small pieces, they will like it.

1 hour to feed 16 months old, not too bad.

princesss81: it is a matter of establishing a habit from the start.. so now, it is a bit tough to correct that but it can be done. You can put him on a high chair for a start and distract him with tv, toys, his own bowl and feeding cutlery etc for 10-15mins then bring him out again then extend the time on another day, and so on til he can sit and finish his feeding. give him alot of praise and perhaps a treat when he is able to do that. i do not put my 17mth old on the high chair but he sits on a stool and when he sees his feeding mat, he knows it is meal time. so i put a bit of his food in his bowl and he feeds himself while i feed him from his bowl. In infantcare, they sit him in the highchair til he finishes his food. and dont be stressed, it takes a while to establish a habit..but it will be much easier on you when you bring him out and feed him outside..

He eats porridge, rice with soup, noodles, kway tiao, macaroni, spagetti, pizza, baked rice, mee suan..mostly most cooked..but at times when we are out, he eats what i eat too..

hope it helps u...

Back