December 2017 mummies

My gynae gave me antacid. But I took too many till indigestion. Lol. Now abit scared to take. Haha.
alamak.. the other meds too strong so he dont recommend to take le. but i feel you cos my stomach has always have this problem,it can be very bad till i couldn't move at all cos it's too painful

alamak.. the other meds too strong so he dont recommend to take le. but i feel you cos my stomach has always have this problem,it can be very bad till i couldn't move at all cos it's too painful
Worse case puke acid out lor.. But now my nausea and vomiting starting to reduce alot.. But bloating, acid and less appetite still same

Same here. Every night wake up 2 to 3 times to pee. After dat cannot go back to sleep. Plus alot of acid in my stomach which makes me feel uncomfortable too. And my dear hubby on off snoring makes me even harder to go back to sleep. Zzzz...
Hahaha! I find that I sleep better with my hubs snoring.. pee once in awhile only.. but uncomfortable sleep.. cannot find the right position to sleep and having tummy aches.. Going to see my gynae tmr to see if there's anything that can be done

Hahaha! I find that I sleep better with my hubs snoring.. pee once in awhile only.. but uncomfortable sleep.. cannot find the right position to sleep and having tummy aches.. Going to see my gynae tmr to see if there's anything that can be done
Ya uncomfortable sleep lor.. and I also have tummy aches on off..

today was supposed to meant to be a happy day but turned out to be a bad day for my husband and I.

We had a down syndrome scan this morning and the scan shows that my bb neck thickness is thicker then the usual range. Doc did advise to go for further tests such as take the fluid from the womb for 100% check. 1 out of 300 had miscarriage.. I cried the entire journey home..

What should i do?

today was supposed to meant to be a happy day but turned out to be a bad day for my husband and I.

We had a down syndrome scan this morning and the scan shows that my bb neck thickness is thicker then the usual range. Doc did advise to go for further tests such as take the fluid from the womb for 100% check. 1 out of 300 had miscarriage.. I cried the entire journey home..

What should i do?
I read quite a number of mummies went for oscar scan and they are same like u too. Baby neck is thicker as usual but they went for panorama test or cvs test the result it's opposite. Some even just dun go for anymore test and the baby came out fine. Oscar test is one of the most unreliable test dat scares alot of mummy. U might want to opt for panorama test if u are afraid of the cvs test.

I read quite a number of mummies went for oscar scan and they are same like u too. Baby neck is thicker as usual but they went for panorama test or cvs test the result it's opposite. Some even just dun go for anymore test and the baby came out fine. Oscar test is one of the most unreliable test dat scares alot of mummy. U might want to opt for panorama test if u are afraid of the cvs test.
you mean the ammio test? the 1 which is take fluid from the waterbag?

What should i do?

What should i do?
Sometimes Oscar test can be wrong, i dun go for oscar instead took NIPT directly even I am not high risk.
Can you opt for NIPT such as harmony or panorama test rather than amniocentesis?

yes i can but accuracy not high.
I have a colleague & another friend went for NIPT-panorama test after oscar test show abnormality and panorama test turn out fine so is their babies.
But I heard if NIPT also show abnormality then will still end-up have to do amniocentesis.

you mean the ammio test? the 1 which is take fluid from the waterbag?
There is 2 type of test for withdrawing the fluid. One is cvs which is withdraw fluid from the placenta. Another is amniotic which is withdraw fluid from the water sac. Amniotic is more risky than cvs.

I have a colleague & another friend went for NIPT-panorama test after oscar test show abnormality and panorama test turn out fine so is their babies.
But I heard if NIPT also show abnormality then will still end-up have to do amniocentesis.
what is nipt?

hi everyone :) i'm 7 weeks currently (according to a pregnancy calculator app hahaha) and i went to my 1st prenatal appt at KKH at 5 weeks. gynae tried to do abdominal scan but couldnt see anything as he expected (he did assure me that it is rather early to see anything). i'm scheduled for a scan at AMC at 8 weeks (next week) and i can't wait! hope that everything goes well.

morning sickness has been pretty bad though ; puked once at work and every morning is a struggle... any tips on how to overcome?

thanks and all the best to all of you mummies to be

I been taking Diclectin for 3 weeks plus and it helps alot on my morning sickness.
As i am worry on the effect the medication can do to my baby, i did some reading on the drug and found it to be safe. There was a dad who shared pretty comprehensive information on the drug(under another name diclegis) in this forum.

Just remember to provide adequate nutrient for our baby, we need to consume nutritious food especially during our first trimester.

here's the link
https://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/nausea-and-vomiting-in-pregnancy.205625/#post-8299705

try apples & pears? i dont dare eat bananas now cos they say it's too 'cold'

I believe in eating food in moderation.
For instance, Fish has mercury. the bigger the fish, the higher the level of mercury it contains. But we all know fish is important for both pregnancy and confinement period. So we can't avoid it but take on a moderate level.

I think the more pressing matter is to read and research what supplements you are taking daily during pregnancy.
The powdered milk or calcium supplements most of us are taking is calcium carbonate ( i.e. from rocks, stones and shells, same compound as chalk ). Go check the label on the milk and supplement bottles.

My readings, since the day i know i am pregnant, point to calcium phosphate i.e. organic fresh milk or organic milk calcium supplement. I am currently drink organic valley fresh milk. I am also sourcing for organic milk calcium supplement. Any input on where to get it will be appreciated.

https://woolworthsbabyandtoddlerclu...hy-bananas-are-good-for-you-during-pregnancy/

Thanks all for the replies!
Going for 2nd check up tomorrow.
Btw, I've came across mommies are saying Oscar test harmony test. Is it a must? I am 27 this year.

Thanks all for the replies!
Going for 2nd check up tomorrow.
Btw, I've came across mommies are saying Oscar test harmony test. Is it a must? I am 27 this year.
It all depends on each couple decision which test or whether to test. If u think no matter what u will still want to have your baby, then don't test. If u have some considerations or plans of the baby, then decide on which test will be suitable for both u and hubby. Each of its own. Don't have to think of what others do or say. Most impt is what u and hubby decide. :)

I lost my baby. 2nd blood test today and hcg level drop from 700+ to 200+. This is my 2nd mc. So sad. Bleeding getting heavier each day since Tuesday :( to all new mummy out there... jia you!

So sorry to hear that. Please take care of yourself and rest well... *hugs* :(

What should i do?

Hey mummy, with my #1, our test result was 1 out of 200... our gynae said that if we intend to keep the baby regardless of the outcome, then don't go for further tests unless its because we want to know for sure and make necessary living arrangements beforehand. He also said that such results are very common and told me not to worry. So we took his advice and did not go for further tests.

By God's grace, he turned out to be a healthy baby and during the detailed scan at 20 weeks, everything measured fine. Don't let the numbers scare you!

Sorry, to clarify the "1 out of 200" in my previous post:

I meant that our #1 had a 1 out of 200 odds of having Downs which was considered high for a couple of our age. We were both only 26 years old then.

Which regards to what you said... that 1 of 300 who goes for further tests to 'confirm it' will end in miscarriage... our gynae at that time did tell us that withdrawing the amniotic liquid has its risk (although he did not quantify the possibility of a risk in numbers) and which was why, we did not choose to go for it. Because if we already knew that we would keep him regardless, why would we want to risk losing him even? I am glad that my gynae was able to put it into perspective for us. Just sharing.

Hope all goes well for you, @MummieT!

By the way, at that time there wasn't any non-invasive options. But I heard that now you can take a blood test that is very accurate too.

Last edited:
Sure we can take isotonix calcium? I am wondering too. I used to take OPC too... Now not sure can take or not also.

Me! I am with NUH now but still following through with my IVF doc till end of first trimester.

Hihi, yes yes.. we can still take isotonix.. in addition, im pumping up more in fact. and folic acid can be found in b-complex..

Hi all, my Edd on 6th Dec, going 11 weeks.

Anyone of u have cramp feeling at the lower abdomen after sneezing?

Hi all, my Edd on 6th Dec, going 11 weeks.

Anyone of u have cramp feeling at the lower abdomen after sneezing?
Yeah same here. My edd 5 Dec. 11 weeks now. Sometimes when sneeze abdominal will pull and cramp. I tried hugging my abdominal when I wanna sneeze and dat solve the problem. Our uterus expanding thus will caused pressure on the pelvic area.

Yeah same here. My edd 5 Dec. 11 weeks now. Sometimes when sneeze abdominal will pull and cramp. I tried hugging my abdominal when I wanna sneeze and dat solve the problem. Our uterus expanding thus will caused pressure on the pelvic area.

I'll try hugging my tummy.. thank you!!

Really nice meeting all of u here

Wow my #2 is so different from my #1... I only start to experience nausea from week 10 onwards now week 11 today was like nausea and bloatedness whole day... Vomitted acid juice this morning... This is only my 3rd time vomitting this preg... And still feeling it in my throat.... My #1 totally no Ms at all... So xin fu!!! Now i feel all the other MTB discomfort.... Does GP prescribed the anti nausea medicine too?

Hi all,my gynae confirmed I miscarriage last Thursday after doing v scan for me and said that my lining looked thin so was a miscarriage. He took 2 blood test for me and said that i can only try after 2 cycles of menses.Not easy as last Sunday was mother's Day and luckily i hv my boy with me. Although this is my 2nd times miscarriage but gyane assured me that i will definitely get pregnant again. My chinese dr also asked me to get back my health into proper shape first before getting pregnant again.I will be strong and try again a few more months later..... hope i will succeed next pregnancy!!!!

Hi all,my gynae confirmed I miscarriage last Thursday after doing v scan for me and said that my lining looked thin so was a miscarriage. He took 2 blood test for me and said that i can only try after 2 cycles of menses.Not easy as last Sunday was mother's Day and luckily i hv my boy with me. Although this is my 2nd times miscarriage but gyane assured me that i will definitely get pregnant again. My chinese dr also asked me to get back my health into proper shape first before getting pregnant again.I will be strong and try again a few more months later..... hope i will succeed next pregnancy!!!!
sorry to hear that trista.. have a good rest & jiayou for the next one!

H
Big hug for your trista! Rest well and you will be getting preg again in no time. Keeping u in prayer.

Thanks all for yr concern really appreciate that!Last time i first miscarriage, i got pregnant with my boy 7 mths later and everything was quite smooth.This time round I think i will be ok too..... after married in year 2013 December till now I actually got pregnant 3 times, counting this times i failed twice but successfully gave birth to my son last year 2016 feb. So anyone who just miscarriage.... think positively because u will soon be pregnant again,just like how i got my boy!

Thanks all for yr concern really appreciate that!Last time i first miscarriage, i got pregnant with my boy 7 mths later and everything was quite smooth.This time round I think i will be ok too..... after married in year 2013 December till now I actually got pregnant 3 times, counting this times i failed twice but successfully gave birth to my son last year 2016 feb. So anyone who just miscarriage.... think positively because u will soon be pregnant again,just like how i got my boy!

I'm sure you'll be blessed with another one again soon... Rest well Trista! Wishing you all the best. *hugs*

Thanx but i lost mine. Doc say no heartbeat on wk 8. Went d & c. Doing my mini confinement now hopefully health and womb will be bettet for next pregnancy. Jiayou babe.
Hi Daledale, after d & c actually more chance to get pregnant but must rest for 3 months then try.... because stronger body can hold on to next pregnancy better! Take care and think positively. Will be good if can see a chinese doctor to nurse back yr health so more chances to get pregnant again soon!!! Wish u lots of luck!

I lost my baby. 2nd blood test today and hcg level drop from 700+ to 200+. This is my 2nd mc. So sad. Bleeding getting heavier each day since Tuesday :( to all new mummy out there... jia you!
Hi SuperduperLin, my blood test result is even worst than u mine was 53.1 only and this also my 2nd miscarriage.Gynae said this time round i dun need d&c like last time because still early miscarriage. Now i am thinking positively and hope u can too.... not easy but i am sure both of us can do it wan and hope both of us get pregnant again soon, let's 加油together !

Jiayou and rest well... Stay positive!

Had a pounding migraine on the right side of my head since 4am and couldn't sleep. Only managed to sleep again from 8am to 9am then I had to rush to work... still having slight migraine and am very nauseous today! Did a quick search on Google and who knows - pregnancy migriane is actually a thing! Even a slight bump and jerk on the cab made me want to vomit. It's one of those days...

Last edited:

Back