December 2017 mummies

I'm 39 weeks now... lost my mucous plug a few days ago, been having Braxton Hicks on and off... saw my gyane on Saturday but he said nothing yet. And today I'm having some bloody discharge with lower back ache. For mommies with bloody discharge, did you call your gynae only after you've felt real contractions?

With my #1, I went into labour contractions right away without water bag bursting or bloody discharge...

Hi, how are you now?
If it is slightly bloody discharge, could be starting labour but not very advanced yet. Jia you.

Hi, how are you now?
If it is slightly bloody discharge, could be starting labour but not very advanced yet. Jia you.

I delivered today! Natural birth. So the bloody discharge was quite a reliable sign! Good luck and all the best to other mommies! :)

Hey. Do you take epidural? Shld we decide now or endure till cannot.
U can choose on that day itself but if too late, they may not administer on you. Because you cannot move when they are injecting into your spine. If too late and your contractions v close, you may move involuntarily and it's dangerous.

U can choose on that day itself, until you cannot endure. But like what Kintra said, if you are too dilated, maybe like 8cm, then they may not administer. But if you are able to reach 8cm without epi then just go all the way ba! Jia you!

Hi all, am scheduled to undergo for csection in a week’s time. Can i ask which abdominal binder is good for post natal or the binders provided by the hospital (am delivering in tmc) is good enough ?

appreciate your inputs and thanks in advance.

Hi all, am scheduled to undergo for csection in a week’s time. Can i ask which abdominal binder is good for post natal or the binders provided by the hospital (am delivering in tmc) is good enough ?

I think tmc gives u the free binder in the luggage gift. U might want to check it out?

I use Dale abdominal binder (pass down from sis in law), good to use, I always ask hub/mil to help as can be more tighten..

Anyone here still waiting for arrival of baby in dec? Which week n how many days is your baby born at ?

Getting nervous.

I am recommending my current Confinement Nanny Aunty Bi Juan with 9 years experience doing confinement, she is experience for breast feeding assistance, day and overnight taking care of my newborn . Provide education to newborn parent on taking care of the baby. If you have not manage to get a confinement nanny, you may try to contact Aunty Bi Juan at +65 93907743 or +60167769178.

Attachments

• Dinner 1.JPG
    Dinner 1.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 348
  • Dinner 2.JPG
    Dinner 2.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 316
  • Dinner 3.JPG
    Dinner 3.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 320
  • Dinner 4.JPG
    Dinner 4.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 322
  • Dinner 5.JPG
    Dinner 5.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 362
I believe due to hormone changes ba..

I have a lot of 肉粒 (sth like milla) at my neck during pregnant, but it started to disappear after give birth..

So not to worry, I believe it will be better :)
I am having the same problem as well, 肉粒 (sth like milla) at my neck during pregnant and dark spot on my face.

Given birth on 20 Dec, however there is no milk supply yet, any tips ?

I am having the same problem as well, 肉粒 (sth like milla) at my neck during pregnant and dark spot on my face.

Keep latching n mean time take supplement like dompridone n fenugreek

hi i have same problem. no milk for 1st 3 days....like snow19 said, latch and supplement. massage as well

Yes, you may try fenugreek, but not to feed baby immed after drinking o.. mayb after 1-2hours..

I tried to drink more soup and water, which will help too.. And eat more..

Or you may take prenatal vitamins, there are ppl commented it boost their milk supply..

Jiayou, don give up!!

Sorry for the late reply. Been so tired and busy with the newborn. Yes I took epidural for both my elder kid and this newborn. You can request for a low dosage so that you can still feel the delivery process. I still felt pain because I asked for a very low dosage just for some pain management with the contractions. If your contractions last very long and you go without epidural, you may be too tired to push later. So save your energy for pushing. :)

Just to share... the best way to increase milk supply is to keep latching. Look at your baby and focus on him, his scent, his sounds, etc. when breastfeeding... don't be using your handphone! All the sensory intake your brain has of your baby will help you to produce the hormones to make milk... our bodies are amazing!

Even if you think he isn't drinking, just let him latch and suckle. As long as he is peeing and pooping enough, he is ok. Babies only need colostrum in the first 2 to 3 days. When he is not latching, try to stimulate your breasts by using a pump for 5 to 10 mins... it will trick the brain into thinking that there's a demand (thus increase in supply).

Also drink lots of soup and water and continue taking your pre-natal vitamins.

Remember to eat well too! If you eat rubbish and junk food, your body will be busy processing them instead of producing milk and your baby won't be getting the nutrients he needs also.

Fenugreek helps for some but not for others although no harm trying.

And lastly, don't stress! :)

Me !!! I'm getting induced on 25th December... sooooo nervous. I will be 39+4
Hey. How do you determine to induced anot?
I am now wk 39 + 2 (3cm dilated without contraction n waterbag burst)

Doctor did mentioned i can go into hospital but i wanted to wait for contractions.

*anyway induced is by injection or pit medicine into our v ?

Hey. How do you determine to induced anot?
I am now wk 39 + 2 (3cm dilated without contraction n waterbag burst)

Doctor did mentioned i can go into hospital but i wanted to wait for contractions.

*anyway induced is by injection or pit medicine into our v ?

Hi, my gynae advise me to induced when I was 39+4 cos he mentioned that sometimes there might be complications if baby stays inside for too Long so I just heed his advice.

I went to hospital and gynae break my waterbag... from 3cm dilated till 5cm.... 4 hours later still 5cm, gynae induced me through drip.. after drip within one hour plus I was fully dilated and gave birth to my baby gal

Hi, my gynae advise me to induced when I was 39+4 cos he mentioned that sometimes there might be complications if baby stays inside for too Long so I just heed his advice.

I went to hospital and gynae break my waterbag... from 3cm dilated till 5cm.... 4 hours later still 5cm, gynae induced me through drip.. after drip within one hour plus I was fully dilated and gave birth to my baby gal

Hey is it your 1st baby too? Can tell me more about it? I m 3cm too. B4 contractions n waterbag burst. Your 3cm is after waterbag burst or same like me?

How about contraction? Came after waterbag or? U didnt take epidural?

Hey is it your 1st baby too? Can tell me more about it? I m 3cm too. B4 contractions n waterbag burst. Your 3cm is after waterbag burst or same like me?

How about contraction? Came after waterbag or? U didnt take epidural?

It's my 3rd baby. During my last checkup was 3cm with no contractions and no water bag burst. Have been following the same gynae for my 3 pregnancies so I Heed his advice and go ahead for induced.

Contractions was very mild after he break the water bag. So after 4 hours he put me on drip to speed up the dilation. I gave birth naturally without epidural

It's my 3rd baby. During my last checkup was 3cm with no contractions and no water bag burst. Have been following the same gynae for my 3 pregnancies so I Heed his advice and go ahead for induced.

Contractions was very mild after he break the water bag. So after 4 hours he put me on drip to speed up the dilation. I gave birth naturally without epidural

Hey. Forgt to ask you about this...
After knowing i m 3cm in the morning. I had spotting at night and the following half day. (Seem like is mucus plug)

For your case ... no contraction n waterbag burst... how about spotting?

Anyway how do they burst waterbag. Is it bearable?

After knowing i m 3cm in the morning. I had spotting at night and the following half day. (Seem like is mucus plug)

Spotting could be from your cervix check by your gynae ? My gynae did mentioned before that there might be some spotting after the dilation check... as Long as its Not a flow it's ok.

No pain when he burst the water bag...

Did your gynae says when will he induce u if baby still doesn't want to come out ?

Wed morning was my checkup. She did say if fri (today) still no progress i can go to hospital straight. But i feel like waiting. She say also can wait till contractions come itself.

Hmmm. My spotting is like mucus plug kind at the end of wed n early thur. After that till now no more already.

How do ur gynae break your waterbag?

Wed morning was my checkup. She did say if fri (today) still no progress i can go to hospital straight. But i feel like waiting. She say also can wait till contractions come itself.

Hmmm. My spotting is like mucus plug kind at the end of wed n early thur. After that till now no more already.

How do ur gynae break your waterbag?

Actually losing mucus plug is not a very good indicator on whether labour is going to start soon or not...

I think I saw my gynae insert something to inside to break the water bag... can't see clearly what was it but definitely not painful for me...

Maybe try to do more squats and walking to encourage more dilation ?

Thanks.

Coz after dilation the mucus plug came off and i thought contractions will follow.

You are so brave to give birth without epidural. Anyway without epidural ... when stitching back the V , they will put numbing cream? Do you feel anything when cut n stitch?

Thanks.

Coz after dilation the mucus plug came off and i thought contractions will follow.

You are so brave to give birth without epidural. Anyway without epidural ... when stitching back the V , they will put numbing cream? Do you feel anything when cut n stitch?

Hmm I think the nurse gave me a jab on the my thigh right after I deliver then my gynae start stitching.

Induce is much more painful and intervals contraction times are much more shorter if you need epidural better request once they start the drip cos takes time for the anesthesia to come also.

Hmm I think the nurse gave me a jab on the my thigh right after I deliver then my gynae start stitching.

Induce is much more painful and intervals contraction times are much more shorter if you need epidural better request once they start the drip cos takes time for the anesthesia to come also.

I see. For your 1st 2 did you took epidural?
Injection at thigh sounds painful. :(
I am always afraid of needles.

I can only wait now to c if waterbag can break by its own anot. :( ur contractions is after waterbag burst ?

I can only wait now to c if waterbag can break by its own anot. :( ur contractions is after waterbag burst ?

1st one labour was 30 hours, I took epidural at the 24th hour hahaha too Long I cannot tahan

2nd baby natural without epidural also. Water bag broke at home and labour was 6 hours

Don't think so much just follow the flow. If it's Too painful for you go ahead and ask for epidural.. most important is you have to relax your mind

I wish you a smooth delivery ! Do update again when u gave birth !

Oh ya... contractions only after my water bag burst but was not strong and regular enough

1st one labour was 30 hours, I took epidural at the 24th hour hahaha too Long I cannot tahan

2nd baby natural without epidural also. Water bag broke at home and labour was 6 hours

Don't think so much just follow the flow. If it's Too painful for you go ahead and ask for epidural.. most important is you have to relax your mind

I wish you a smooth delivery ! Do update again when u gave birth !

Thanks. Yep. Hope my contraction or waterbag burst soon. Waiting is so hard. Although i m so scare now

U did it the 3rd time. U are brave.

Anyway when u know u were 3cm. After hos many days then you went to induced

Ooo last Thursday went for check up then gynae ask me to admit myself on following Monday if nothing happens...

I see. If follow ur case my checkup was on wed. I can wait till this sunday then see how.
(She given me today but i told her i want to wait)

I see. If follow ur case my checkup was on wed. I can wait till this sunday then see how.
(She given me today but i told her i want to wait)

I see... for the time being just monitor baby movement and see what's your gynae's advice again

Hi Neobaobao
Today I had my gynae visit, my cervix was further dilated to 3cm.
So now its up to me whether to admit myself and get waterbag burst, or just sit and wait...

You went for your gynae visit already?
How are you now?

Hey may i check with you ... how many weeks are you when you are 3cm?

Just checked few days back i m 3cm. N i m wk 39. I told dr i want to wait but now abit worry y still no contractions n no waterbag burst. Now i m wk 39 day 3.

Did you wait and how long? Do u have spotting after checking the 3cm dilation

Hi mommies, i had delivered on 21Dec via csec. Now postpartum i had edema-swelling of feet since i discharge from the hospital. prior i did not have edema during pregnancy. I am now on medication

Anyone also encountered the same and how long did the swell went away ?

Thanks

Back