Cup cakes for birthday

Chicken_Little : Thank you for the compliments on the cake. You can do it, you could do better than me on the first try.
I'm still not very good with cakes myself.

Meow : That's alot of food but I like rosti the most. I'm a little health conscious as in being 'fickle' with food.
There are certain food types I don't eat at all even though I can eat them. Besides I get indigestion easily & have a
small stomach.

catz,

c when free free meet for lunch den pass me my loot lor... Whats the pizza look thingy? filling is potato den top w cheese?

Happy New Year to all my baking friends! Make a black forest cake for tomorrow family gathering.

3447282.gif
3447283.gif

Mrs Teng, you are really really creative and good in decorating your cakes. Pei fu, if you ever ever tot of conducting decoration classes pls include me....heee..

Eileen
Very interesting cake. Nice. Eyeing on the choco house hee hee

Mrs Teng
you are indeed very talented. Lovely creation

Gd morning all
happy.gif

Can anyone advise how many grams of gelatine to be replace with if recipe call for a sheet of gelatine. Thanks

Mrs Teng, 1-0
Nice work!

Chanelgirl. Chicken little, fatmum

thanks, thanks!!! wah this cake was dun in a very bad mood... blood pressure went up and my mind couldn't really focus on decorating...

One of my maid, super duper stupid... nearly ruin this cake... she made me so angry for all the silly things she'd done..

I've not even complete my cake deco... keh kiang go throw away my royal icing... den an hour later, keh kiang again go wash my equipments. Den when I want to cut the fondant... somehow got water... you know lah! fondant very scared of water wan.... lucky discover in time.. den scold scold scold until my blood boil... took me a couple of hours more just to cool myself down and get focus... haiiizzz

Mrs Teng: Relax. Your cake is very beautiful and nicely done. I wish I have your patience to do all those decorations.
If you're doing a tier cake like the one you did, can you take pics of how the dowell is done before putting the 2nd cake
on top?

Hi Ladies,

Any idea where i can get those moulds for making kueh bangkit? I prefer thse i tink its steel or metal type.. i c lots of plastic ones.. but i tink steel one is better.. anyone haf any idea?

Celtricia

Dun know where to find steel ones but I know in Joo chiat, can get traditional wood type.. those of little fish, chicken and animal... peranakan type.

Hi all,

Long time didn't come into this thread
happy.gif

I have 3 extra bottles of Nielsen Massey Madagascar Bourbon vanilla bean paste - 4oz to let go. $25 for each bottle. (Shermay Cooking School selling at $44.95 per bottle)

http://www.amazon.com/Madagascar-Bourbon-Pure-Vanilla-Paste/dp/B001E204S6/ref=sr_1_4/183-4025234-7328730?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1262679957&sr=8-4

Interested parties pls PM me. Thanks.

** Shipment will be in next week.
** I also bought a giant bottle of Nielsen Massey Madagascar Bourbon vanilla extract - 32oz. If u are interested to share, can also PM me
happy.gif

Hi,
My son will be 4 yrs old on end of Jan. Trying to look for vegetarian cupcakes for his birthday. Anyone who makes cupcakes suitable for vegetarians?

Thanks.

Hi Mrs Teng,

I like your recent fondant creation, expecially the christmas cupcakes! So colourful! Can I ask how do you keep your fondant looked dry and matt? Mine always turn out to be grossy like melting? Is it that I didnt put in enough powdered sugar when preparing the MMF? Thanks.

Hi Eileen,

Do you use the normal wilton colorings to color the white chocolate or do you use oil based colourings meant for chocolate? I like your choco house and trees. Thanks.

cookiepie
I use the oil based colouring for the white chocolate. But my friend used wilton coloring also can work well.

Eileen,
Thanks. I will try out using the wilton colorings. Have you try out chocolate picture transfer using colored chocolates on cakes? Saw it on some blogs, looks yummy and interesting.

Eileen, how did you make the chocolate house, so pretty!

Mrs Teng, I love your tiered cake and you onli took few hrs to make it. I will take 1 week at least. Muahaha......

Hi,

bake these few weeks ago.
steam moist chocholate cake, chiffon cake-taste good but need to re-try again (dont know why it shrink down) and egg tart

3472421.jpg
3472422.jpg
3472423.jpg

M-maro

Think you'll need to dust it with cornstarch when you are rolling out. I usually dust the fondant before rolling out.

And you got to make sure that the cake is in room temperature before you lay the fondant.
happy.gif

Jandew

Thanks! but some of the deco are done the day before.
happy.gif

Celtricia

Sorry for the late reply... I dun really remember what's the shop's name, but I know it's along the same stretch as the Masjid mosque. diagonally opposite the shopping centre..

It's those kind of shop where you buy those household items... the old shop.

I did the picture transfer before early last year but using icing, instead of chocolate/candy melts & the steps to do it is slightly different. The only difference I can see is that the chocolate version seems flatter than the icing version.

3473230.jpg

Paiseh,the design isn't good because it's my first time I do this & it was my first workshop lesson that time

poky, thanks for sharing! ... looks easy...
happy.gif

mone, nice try! ... why bear bear look a bit sad sad...

jandew, 9 layer kuey can do beforehand, put inside fridge when cooled. when want to eat the next day, heat up in Microwave. Method taught by eileen and tested by me... hahaha... can can can ... kuey no spoil and as good as when it was made!
happy.gif

jandew
I used the chocolate mould bought from cake diy HK to make the chocolate house and trees.

Poky
Thanks for sharing the website.

Meow, the bear design was done the way the actual picture was supposed to be. It's a printout
of the bear design on paper where the outline of the bear is then drawn using dark brown icing before colouring the rest.

Mone, I like ur bear.

Eileen u r so much beta den me at choc stuff, I muz bai ni wei shi liao. Kekeke..... Oh did u use the Xmas choc mold? I bot that but nvr used coz my palms are sweaty chocs melt in my hands, so I am afraid if I make a choc hse, before I manage to assemble it, the choc will have melted in my hands liao.

Jac, how do make the colouring? I got some Ameri color, similar to Wilton, can use that rite? I bot those colours for fondant? Or else I can use my mooncake colourings as well rite? Those bottles bot fr Sun Lik & stuff hor? But I dun have microwave, steam again can? Hehe....

I love rainbow kueh coz of the colour, so pretty!

Tibitqueen, sounds like ur cooling method. For chiffon cake, u need to invert the cake for 1-2 hrs till completely cooled before removing fr the chiffon tin. I mean upside down. Did u do that? If once the cake is out of the oven, and you did not cool it, it will shink down immed. This is wat my baking instructor taught me when I learnt cake making last time. Hope it helps!

Oh ur egg tarts look gd, like Prima Deli ones. My egg tarts custard alw disappear after baking, heard its not easy to get the technique rite, maybe I m beta off buying from outside.

Mrs Teng, oh I tot u made everyting at 1 afternoon, so amazing. U have 2 maids? Since u mentioned 1 of ur maids :p.

Jandew

Yeah, I have to maids but one of them is totally hopeless.. can't live without a day not boiling my blood.

Extremely unhygienic and forgetful. So can forget about teaching her to be hygienic since she can't even remember things that I taught her within mins. Simply refuses to register what I said. Can give her step by step instruction on how to do certain thing but she'll immediately do something really stupid and completely different. Eg tell her to remove 'ang ku kueh' (Iast piece that was in the refrigerator) and put on a plate, den wrap it with cling wrap and put back in refrigerator. She took whole box, took a bowl and a metal plate which fill with water. Put the bowl on the metal plate and den stack the box on it and leave it on the dining table. I scolded her.. Since when you hear the words ~ water, metal plate, bowl and dining table coming out from my mouth?

Even the other maid who her own country woman also can't stand her. Imagine, everyone in the household got to do all the work for her? I've been extremely tired lately... That's why you dun see baking much.

I'm like a maid doing all the preparation, cooking and washing. She's like my employer standing at the side and watch.. Tell her off also no use. She wash dishes very scary, can use lots of detergent and water but still leave foam. Even my babies' utensils also can't wash properly. haizzzz..

I missed the old one who left.. can leave all the cooking and household chores to her. She even helps out in my baking... This one totally hopeless.

Anyway, I'm waiting for a replacement to come.

Poor Mrs Teng, no wonder u r so frustrated with ur maid. Sometimes they like to act stupid even tho they are beri smart! Like my aunt used to have a maid, who cooks chicken soup. She would scoop out a bowl for herself and put in the kitchen, and in addition, she will cut off a chicken drumstick for herself! Imagine a maid doing that.

Oh dear really not easy taking care of ur 2 lit ones, and then have to 'supervise' her rite....hope ur new maid is better.

Mrs Teng : Then you should let this maid go straightaway on grounds that she's not able to do her job properly.

Personally, maids who doesn't earn their living properly don't need to work as maids. They know what kind of work
they are doing when they decided to become maids - cannot complain about this. Employers on the other hand have to
be able to care for their domestic workers but doesn't mean that they are expected to go all the way for the domestic
workers for the smallest thing. It should be mutual

Back