Cup cakes for birthday

Green Muffin....just now went PH shopping kekeke...bought kou fen and try out the instant lotus paste first, if successful i then make the effort to cook the lotus paste :p...btw how long u take to remove the whole skin of the lotus seed...i am asking my mil to search for skinless lotus seed for me, if cannot find i then use with skin one...

I knw the reason liao, i call up Phoon Huat to confirm the Flour is already fried, then she wan me to tell her the ingredient & portion i put, she say is correct. The MAIN REASON is i knead too long liao...Do snowskin must fast fast cannot slow slow. The longer i knead i will break the "Gen" inside the dough, will make it rough & break...will try again tonite...

<font color="0000ff">Peng</font>,
i think depends on the amount. I was using 500g of lotus seed, it took me about one hour. But than again, that was my first time, so maybe not so skillful.. so took longer.. not sure if it's normal.. Btw, there are skinless ones (white lotus), but i heard the with skin ones (red lotus) is better. Because of the "wax" (sorry direct translation :p) that red lotus produce will make better paste.

<font color="0000ff">Joanne</font>,
i used cold ice cream soda.

1636847.jpg

Ladies,
What flour do u use to dust on the mould &amp; hand? Must steam the flour? TQ!

Btw, i bot the lotus paste from sunlik b4, not very sweet like outside selling. So it's gd. Save the hassle to self make the paste if u can make do w/o it.

<font color="0000ff">Peng</font>,
thanks. Not familiar with using colouring, so didn't put too much. Actually i put green colour too, but didn't come out :p

<font color="0000ff">mdl</font>,
i also bot some lotus paste from kwong cheong thye. Theirs is quite nice too. But i went abt two weeks before not so much flavour yet. Heard there are more now. How much is sunlik's lotus paste? KCT red lotus is $8.50 for 1kg. What other flavours do they hv?

Actually cooking of paste is also for the fun too...haha..

Green Muffin,

I went there on tues, bot 1kg each on
white lotus - $13 excld gst
Red lotus - $11 excld gst
So it's more exp lor =( came out of the shop $100+ poorer (sigh..)
Hear the two(sunik &amp; KCT) taste wise sama sama.

Ask for green tea favour &amp; was told not yet arrive

haha... oh ya, it almost blend in with my plate.

oh ya mdl, the flour for dusting.. If i didn't remember wrongly, AY did mentioned abt steaming some HK flour for dusting. But i was lazy, i just using kuo fen, since it can be eaten without steaming. But i also bought dusting flour from kct (as if i am making alot, but just for experience sake, not necessary) but have not try it yet.

<font color="0000ff">mdl</font>,
maybe quality different? Me too, i came out from KCT also like u, bgt $100++ of stuffs. I bought moulds, ingredients and boxes, mainly for mooncakes. But they also sell alot of things that i dun see elsewhere, so on impose bgt them.. :p

was still thinking about moon cake.....and u all ladies have already started working on it.....look so yummy.....the ice cream soda moon cake... Green Muffin....are u using the same recipe as n2inpink?

Green Muffin,
Sama sama la..everything looks nice just buy, dun know gotta use or not. Few items cld easily cost over $100. My blood pressure shoot up when seeing e $ figures on the cash machine keep increasing...kekeke

Ladies....apart from Phoon Huat to get those mook cake making ingredients...think u all mentioned......kwong cheong thye...where is it?...anywhere else?...

what flour to use for dusting the moon cake mold when making snow skin moon cake?

hahaha.. ya lor, actually baking is a very expensive hobby. Didn't realise until i picked up recently. The number of pans, trays, cookie moulds, mixer, etc etc ... that i bgt. Hubby said i can open bakery already. haha...

<font color="0000ff">peng</font>,
and shortly after logcake will be lunar new year goodies.. haha..

<font color="0000ff">kmk</font>,
not sure if Pink is using AY's recipe. I am using AY's recipe.

and KCT is located at: 61-63 lor 27, Geylang off sims ave, Tel: 6748 0128

wah.... a couple days never log in and so much fruits! Everyone talking about moon cake already ah? This is one thing I won't do as I know he work involved when you do it from scratch! Seen my mom slogging over the wok cooking the lotus paste for hours. Not my favourite food as well.. hehehe.

I tried to make the coffee buns instead using AY's recipe and it taste just like Mama Roti. My kids call it Mami Roti! hahahaha

1638341.jpg

Actually also want to try making the Yam mooncake but can't get yam at ntuc. So endup making chocolate walnut cake. Thanks keng for sharing recipe.
1638517.jpg

Dear all,

Sorry to intrude into this thread. But may i know where can i get cupcakes for my son birthday? Any recommendations? The previous thread is too long to read and sieve out...

Thank you in advance!

Last week Fruit...

Pandan Chiffon Cake &amp; walnut chocolate chip cookies

1639262.jpg
1639263.jpg
1639264.jpg
1639265.jpg

My fruit today, finally success after last nite failure. But still not nice looking.

Pandan Paste Snowskin Mooncakes without using wheat starch.

1639266.jpg
1639267.jpg
1639268.jpg

Ling,
Nice dishes there. Makes me want to cook wanton mee too! Also, I managed to get my muffins texture correct finally!!!! Tks.

1-0,
Hope the recipe turns out good.

Yany,
I love coffee. Must find time to try this coffee buns recipe soon.

joanne,
U manange to make the snow skin without the wheat starch??? Any difference in texture or taste. I am thinking whether i can skip buying the flour... too mnay flour in my fridge liao.

B2B3M4, i find the texture still soft &amp; nice even without the wheat starch. This is the recipe i use for my mooncake, i add in green colouring myself.

Ingredients for snowskin
150g commercial koh flour
130g icing sugar
50g shorterning
50ml milk
180ml iced water

Method :

1) To make snowskin, sift dry ingredients (flour and icing sugar) into a bowl. Add in the rest of ingredients and combine well. Scale at 25g per portion, shape into rounds.

2)Flatten the snowskin, wrap in the filling seal properly. Repeat process with remaining ingredients.

3)Place into a mould dusted with koh flour, press firmly. Dislodge imprinted mooncake from mould.

4)Chill in fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving. Advisable, for 1 hour

My portion is 25g dough to 30g filling.

Peng, I didn't received your email w your address. Can you PM me again? Thanks.

Eastern Gathering
Date: Sat 16 Aug
Time: 2pm onwards
Place: Punggol Field (Peng's Hse)

*Hostess prepared : shepherd pie, fuzhu baiguo, homemade strawberry icecream...
Attendance
1) kendy
2) Js'Mum (Tentatively Hey Zou but pls let me know if nid to be halal for muslim mummies)
3) Pink ("suan pan zhi")
4) Kl148 (Will try to make my long lost friend, Mango Mousse Cake)
5) Chicken Little (Tentatively cannot make it , might have event)
6) Joanne with my 2 boys (curry chicken)
7) dearie_e w family (pork shabu shabu)
8) ep
9) sngiam (fried bee hoon by hubby)
10) maruolin (chap chai)
11) Yew Yen, husband &amp; daughter (watermelons)

fatmun: Hehehe ya lo.. spent too much this month with all the festival coming... must save more...

Keng, Good hor..must be busy eating ur muffins :p

Nikita: i don't have the exact recipe, i used some oyster sauce, sugar, seseme oil, dark sauce sauce, a pinch of red powder ( to make egg eggs one), 1 tsp of honey to marinate for 4hrs then cook it till the sauce thicken and lower the heat to cook till it is the colour n texture i want.

Angel.
Ur princess remains in the top 3. CONGRATS! I again voted her 2x using my 2 other emails. Will continue to do so using those from my emails contact to vote for her
kao_sticktongue.gif

Hope she win.
kao_smile.gif

Pink, thanks for ur response! btw, what is kou fen, wheat starch, hongkong flour? yesterday spend day observing the ntuc shelf, can't find kou fen or wheat starch, but got hongkong flour and wheat flour and got one is for making har gao one. can advise the brand is for which flour? i'm getting confused.

angel, i also hv several accounts to vote. hehe.

tangling, thanks for ur help! now i've got all i want. just need to find time to do. haha. btw, u should incorporate ur baking fruits and put into dsb. haha. when i free, i do that and post.
lame.gif

<font color="ff6000">Jen</font>
No problem. Glad to help. =)
Yee? Did I mention that I do DSB? You know?
In fact, I have plans to do just what you suggested.
happy.gif
happy.gif
Doing one with my 3 Chiffon attempts too! Hee.

TL, I used to post in the DSB thread what. But nvr got guts to show off my works.
happy.gif

ling, ur charsiew recipe sounds complicated! lazy me just buy the charsiew sauce and marinate the meat then go and bake it. haha!

OK OK I had enough...

I want to learn to make my own BREAD!!

Keke but long time back i tired b4 it did not turn out well..

Mummies here who have successfully made breads, can share with me

1) what brand of food processor/ mixer should i buy.

2) Heard there's diff in Yeast? is there such thing? or those instant yeast will do.

3) Imptly if anyone keen start a Bread Making Class??

Manz.. My gal loves Bao bao.. so i want to make her bao bao eveyweekend! haha

Back