Cup cakes for birthday

jsmum, muffin: hmm... red star i find standard dropped leh... i sorta like their 'pei dan zhok' (century egg porridge) ... hehehe...

dragongate is at harbourfront carpark level 4.
happy.gif
like their ala carte buffet lunch/dinner too...
happy.gif

Hi Muffin & Js'mum, I'm interested in u cookie cutters. Please let me know if still available. Many thks.

Pink or other mummies, anyone has extra mini chiffon cake tins to sell away? Or cookie cutters? Thks

aiyo, just didnt login for 2 days...cannot chase the speed train liao.
sad.gif

Niko, what happen to you? lets meet next week for u to su ku to us k? we go makan again to make u happi.

catika/pink/icelim - on? :p

JsMum, u go red star too? the timsum there veri nice hor....I last time also go there often with my parent..now lesser..only go when my sis is back in town for visit...too busi with kids.

maruolin, I have yet to try orange chiffon. Don't give up, keep trying..ok...

Catika, you add sasimi seed in your cookie? Your cookies looks tastier than mine...maybe will try add coco powder next time...

Js'mum, where is Red Star restaurant? Me also like timsum...yummy...

xiauling, aiyo..your baking skill much much better than ours lah...scared give you eat, you say not nice leh...hahaha....I like your mocca chiffon, looks very soft...

<font color="ff0000">Regarding the chop sealer, i havnt go to the shop yet and ask leh. That time when i bought it oso not for my personal use. bought it for my aunt. so i cant rate yet how good or safe is the item. when i have the time, i will go. abt the price.. the last time if i remember correctly is abt $30 lah.. dunoe abt now.. :) any mums here still keen meh in getting it?</font>

those who interested maybe can PM me lah.. i dun want pple to think im org a BP here in the free thread hor.. :)

Catika,
Wow yr choco cookies yummy!
Can u share the choco recipes? Thanks.

Watie,
ME keen on the sealer. PM u already. Thanks.

xiauling, wa... don't dare to even show u neh... u can bake so much better and varieties too!
happy.gif

hammie: ONzzz!!! anytime babies! hahahaha... *winks* ...

watie: Pm-ed you! ;)

eron: nope... not sesame seeds... it's roasted crushed almond bits.
happy.gif
it seems like disney characters got pimples leh... eeks... my boy wants me to bake vanilla ones (like ur white ones) next time... he say can see face better! ok... will try with vanilla next time!
happy.gif
But if you adding chocolate powder (I'm uisng van houten), remember to add more sugar... mine is not sweet 'at all'. And I don't have a sweet tooth one...
happy.gif

sally: Hmm... I'm using Melt in the Mouth cookies recipe by Pink. I only 'modified' it to reduce flour and add in chocolate powder, and besides the 2/3 egg, i subst. with 40grm of milk...

ep: just wondering, since you've posted out muffins, have you posted out mine? or still to be posted out on Monday?
happy.gif
... didn't receive today leh...
happy.gif
thanks!
happy.gif

muffin: wah!!! u received yours today!!!
happy.gif
... I can't wait to hold mine!!! hehehehe

<font color="ff0000">pink</font> hope u r feeling better... *huggies* ... didn't reply ur sms because saw it too late and don't want to disturb your evening nap.
happy.gif
... anyway, nothing important. my cookies had been baked and then now it's not sweet lor... hehehhe... lesson learnt! I will add more sugar if I add chocolate powder... and yes... instead of 180gram flour, i used 150 gram flour with 30 gram chocolate powder... can leh!
happy.gif

Muffin,

I like their century egg porridge and my kids love the egg tarts.

Catika,

Their standard hv dropped arh? Been quite a while din go there oredi so hv no idea. We hv the same taste hor..pei dan zhou...hehe.

Hammie,

Yeah...I love dimsum... Now I only go Marine Parade hawker centre for dimsum cos cheaper n nice too. Haha. But hor, they only sell pei dan zhou on Sundays niah.

Eron,

Sori..can't remember where exactly is Red Star but it's somewhere behind OG at Chinatown area..those old HDB flats. Perhaps other mums can help.

maruolin, so sorry have yet to trsf the amt to you. Really got problem with the IB. Will get it done by atm instead. Paisei paisei

Neighbour bought durian for us. I make it to durian puff.
biggrin.gif

1300579.jpg

1300580.jpg

Mummies, still remember the cookies monster cutter? I have an xtra set (4 identical pcs/set) to let go @ $7.50 exclude postage or self collect at Yishun ave 6. Anyone keen pls post here ya!!
1300581.jpg

<font color="ff0000">eron</font> red star is at manhattan house... think level 7 (it's indicated at the old old lift button) ... it's located at the Cross Junction of river valley and outram road/tiong bahru road... next next to Pearls' Hill... Hmm... Tong Ji Yi Yuan (Tong Ji [chinese] Hospital) ... hehehe... this sounds confusing hor? :p

<font color="ff0000">Jsmum</font> yarrow... i love pei dan zhou... like marine parade hawker centre's one too... nice nice! but normally there, will also order the sinful fried kway teow from Apollo, next to it! Love the wet wet, garlicky garlicky feel and taste! :p

Hi fatmum, can I check whether u cookie monster cutter (set of 4 as above?) is easy to use to cut cookies? Does it work in the same way as the Mickey/Minnie cutters? Can collect Yishun mrt instead? Thks

Fatmum, u durian puffs look fantastic! Can share the recipe pls?

Wow mummies, I love this thread with all the tempting mouth watering recipes...Drooling...

js'mum, catika
ok, i know where is red star liao...ya, thats is a very old restaurant“红星". Will go there when makan with my grandmother...her favourite...

fatmum, wow...laoluan already in the morning....still wouldn't dare to try baking cream puff (big project)...durian puff..my family favourite..yummy...

catika,
If you baking the white cookies like mine, don't increase the sugar...I find the recipe from here too sweet for me...

Eron, its not difficult at all really. U shld give it a try and u will know Y i say its easy. Am sure ur family will like it.

Bring water, butter, some sugar &amp; salt to boil. Turn off fire add flour(with baking powder)use wooden spoon to stir to dough form. When cool add egg &amp; cream. Pipe &amp; bake &amp; u r done with it!!! The durian pureen oso easy.Durian fresh (pureen), whipping cream &amp; tats all.

xiau ling, ... think fresh cream is mainly made up of egg white and sugar... need refrigeration.. otherwise will melt...

bakers... can help? .. me also interested to know how to do up whipped cream so that can decorate cake.
happy.gif

eron... yeah... i tot the amt of sugar quite appropriate leh... think it's the chocolate powder added... then need to up sugar... <font color="ff0000">pink</font>, true?

sally, ok... i'll type it out here if got time later.
happy.gif

Rebeccarios,
Welcome!! Saw your BP for eclairs, cream cake rolls..etc. I like the profitroles....yummy..
maybe we can try baking that ourselves next time...
happy.gif

fatmum, the way you sound really makes me think its easy to bake cream puff...hmmm...will give a try another day...thanks for the encouragement..
happy.gif

catika, maybe we use different recipe?? My recipe gets from this thread. Can't remember whose liao...anyway can adjust sugar to our liking...

angi, i followed the exact amt. of sugar... or just a bit lesser (abt. 20 gram)... hmm... but i think it's the choco powder i've added lor... 'diluted' the sweetness... but tasted the chocolate taste oni...
happy.gif

hi, all baker expert
remember i ever seen one mummy posted a very simple marshmallow fondant and has also indicated this fondant is for cupcakes only not suitable for cakes. May i request for the recipe again...has been looking all over the posting again and again..still cannot find leh..
sad.gif
or any mummy has copy of it..thanks

morning all,
wow.... so many posting leh... dunno how to catch up! MIA only 4days wor....
hm.... where shd i start?

lim,
okie, will ask NTUC simei to transfer their creamcheese stock.... kekeke! to where? directly to yr door step? :p
dunno why NTUC simei got plenty of philadelphia creamcheese leh.... i saw the expired day still long way...

fatmum,
thks leh..... i finished it ALL tis morning... for my b'fast....
juz now when i'm on the way to office hor, i mean in the shuttle bus, i saw some ang moh closed their nose, they dunno the culprit is me... wahahaha! so, along the way, i pretend to sleep..
btw, did u mix it with whipping cream? the durian taste is not strong enuf..... or maybe my taste butt spoiled liao..... me sick since thursday nite, sleep whole friday, like dead body like tat..
eat doc medecine makes me feel sleepy and my everything taste wierd.... sigh!
btw, pls sms me the price of cookie cutter okie?

Rebeccarios,
welcome to tis baking thread!
ha ha ha! i'm same like u..... not really pick up any recipe frm my mama, only pick up the method...
u know when i asked her (over the phone) about her kueh bangkit recipe, she told me like tis:
3 scoop of flour, 2 scoop of sugar etc.... i was like... huh? scoop? what scoop? then she said: there..... the big spoon that usually to scoop the rice.... remember muz scoop till like mountain....*FAINT*
when i asked her to weight it, she scolded me:
you all young generation, always rely on grams, kitchen scale...... HAIZ!

catika,
thks! i'm much better now, fever gone already left cough lor... infact now working liao...

hammie, catika, niko, icelim,
if wanna meet, can arrange it on wed, 19 march.. u all okie with tis date? me no gahmen tis date..
hope the gahmen dun hv any changes *finger crossed*

peng, xiau ling, catika, eron, fatmum,
very nice "fruits"..... keep it up!

hi watie,

here is my original recipe:
BUTTERCREAM ICING
100g butter
100g shortening
1 tsp vanilla essence
400 g icing sugar (sifted)
2 tbsp milk (optional)
(drops of colouring)

pls note I've reduce the sugar contents, as my customers don't really like the super sweet buttercream.

but for a start, you may try using 400gr icing sugar, till you get the consistency and you very satisfied, and confident with the whipping method, then you can start to reduce the icing sugar amount.

niko,
today mood better not?
when i read your posting, i'm laughing till my colleague shake her head... hahaha!
okie okie, i promised will try my best to keep this thread only for the sake of baking related.

catika,
if we all ONz on wed, i'll bring your chiffon pan along.
i'll wash it okie? so tat can use it imedietly on tat day.

ep,
thks! i've made pyment, pls check ya? my nick is: n2inpink

Pink,
I'm ok with 19 March....and can u do me a favour??? buy 2 block of the cream cheese for me? i collect and pay u on Wed???? PLS>>>>i need it to bake this weekend for my HB birthday next week.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

hi eileen,

the brand i bought for the mattress is dunpolli.. not sure whether i got the spelling right ornot..

hi fatmum,

can share the receipe for the puff??

Hi this is my 1st post here.
May Wong, can u please tell me where u bought the individual cupcake containers? Any other members know?
Thank you.

pink, hammie, (niko??), wed my boy going sch at 1215 leh... reach ur office shud be abt. 1245. if ok, then i'm ok... scare too late for all of u...
happy.gif

if coming, help me buy 2 blocks of 250g cream cheese too?? BM NTUC also no stock... weird!!!

catika,
which day your boy go early one? i'm okie wif the timing, dunno niko leh.....
up to you all...
cream cheese no prob... will help u get it frm simei NTUC.

alicia !!!!
lovely cookies ! the color are so nice, not too pale and not too brown.... juz nice, like outside selling one
happy.gif

i only have fish soup for lunch... now see your cookies makes me hungry liao!
good job !!! keep it up!

Back