Cup cakes for birthday

Hwee, Pink, clarisocean
Japanese yen was 475 inclusive of tax. The exchange rate used then was 100 JPY = SGD 1.32 so depends on your exchange rate lor.

But must note like the Anpan man it think 12 plus because it is much more expensive cannot expect all like same price around 500 JPY

Hwee
If u see Doraemon cookie cutter in Japan, can u buy on my behalf. He is my favourite cartoon characters. Thanks a lot!

cutters list
1)angi - snoopy - x1
2) Eileen Tan - Authentic Mickey, Minnie and Donald Cookie Stamp or Mickey & minnie cookie cutter - Qty :1
Doraemon - Qty 1
3) Tulip - pooh & piglet (Qty 1 set)

Hi Baking ladies,
am new on this thread, but i ve been following this thread religiously
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Hwee</font>
i would like tompang to buy cookie cutter too
happy.gif

thanks in advance.

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">cutters list: </font></font>
1)angi - snoopy - x1
2) Eileen Tan Authentic Mickey, Minnie and Donald Cookie Stamp or Mickey &amp; minnie cookie cutter Qty :1
3) Tulip - pooh &amp; piglet (Qty 1 set)
4) Starlight74 - Mickey mouse, pooh&amp;tigger, chip&amp;dale, each 1 set.

Hello Mummies,
I like this thread very much, i always go in &amp; read the receipe you are posted.

All of you really expert (SHI FU) in baking, i would like to "PAI SHI" from all of you.

Hi Pink,
I like to try bake your japanese cheesecake but dun understand why bake the cake need to put in to another bigger tin which filled with water?

Hi Hwee,
Can i order the cutters oso,thank you.

cutters list
1)angi - snoopy - x1
2) Eileen Tan Authentic Mickey, Minnie and Donald Cookie Stamp or Mickey &amp; minnie cookie cutter Qty :1
4) Lim - pooh &amp; piglet (1set) &amp; mickey &amp; minnie (1set)

hi ladies, just to note the exchange rate for yen now is approx 1.347 to 1.35. i have not changed any currencies yet. and if i use my credit card the rate will be slightly higher. I will not know until i get the bill. so please buy only if you're comfortable. if you're not, i'm ok. this is not a bulk purchase and i'm not making any profit out of this.

thank you.
happy.gif

hwee
no problem leh! Thanks for your offer. Enjoy your trip.

cutters list
1)angi - snoopy - x1
Doraemon - Qty 1
4) Lim - pooh &amp; piglet (1set) &amp; mickey &amp; minnie (1set)

UPDATED LIST

cutters list
----------------
1)angi - snoopy - x1
2) Eileen Tan - Authentic Mickey, Minnie and Donald Cookie Stamp or Mickey &amp; minnie cookie cutter - Qty :1 Doraemon - Qty 1
5) Lim - pooh &amp; piglet (1set) &amp; mickey &amp; minnie (1set)

Hwee,

I wld like to order too if ok with you.

cutters list
----------------
1)angi - snoopy - x1
2) Eileen Tan - Authentic Mickey, Minnie and Donald Cookie Stamp or Mickey &amp; minnie cookie cutter - Qty :1 Doraemon - Qty 1
5) Star_eliz - Doraemon ( 1 set )

Pls advise me how much and I'll transfer to you.

Thanks!!

OOps, forgot to add 1 more:

cutters list
----------------
1)angi - snoopy - x1
5) Star_eliz - Doraemon (1set) ; Hellokitty (1set)

starlight74,
welcome to tis factinating thread
happy.gif

look forward to see your "fruits" here....

Lim (cmgc_family),
welcome to this addicted baking thread... hahaha!
the texture of "bath bake" result is totally difference with normal baking method.

water bath bake allowing the food to cook slowly and gently, the waters oso keeps the sides of the cooking utensil at a constant low temperature.
the result will be in a creamy, soft texture in the final dish.

welcome Lim!

wa, CL, now your family also here hor?! hee hee....

Ladies, dun worry abt paying me first. wait till i come back with the items first then say.
happy.gif

Pink
happy.gif
, finally dare to step into this thread..
am really beginner, baking result most of the time not so pretty, paiseh
btw, i just sms-ed you, pls check

Hwee
i am okay with the exchange rate, thanks

hwee
keke Lim bakes more than me lah. She found this thread first one. She going to kill me on cookie cutter because last time I distribute to you all first then she dun have. Ha ha so this time you better buy for her

CL
no problem! will try to find all i can. especially for your sil, Lim.
happy.gif

hopefully will be able to find something nice and we can bake something together when we meet on 23 mar.
happy.gif

cutters list
----------------
1)angi - snoopy - x1
6) clarisocean - mickey, minnie, pooh &amp; piglet.

Thank you so much!!

Hwee
Dun worry. I got the disney princess kit so should be delightful for our princess liao.

By the way, mummies now that I got my oven, what other basic tools I should have leh.

Hi hwee
also count me in
cutters list
----------------
1)angi - snoopy - x1
6) clarisocean - mickey, minnie, pooh &amp; piglet
7)mama mya Doraemon x1, Hellokitty x1, snoopy x 1, anpam man x1

thanks alot for your effort

Hi CL,
Ya, i find this thread really temp........
so cant tahan to join so can learn more baking skill, he he.

Hi Hwee,
Thank you for your help.

Pink,
Thank you for your clear explaination. I will try to bake on thurs,haha, hopefully succesfull.

Hi all,
Can someone pm me the recipe for the japanese cheesecake ?! i tried to read through the archives but couldn't find it... thanks alot in advance...

Hi Pink,

Just found this thread yesterday. Getting very excited with some of the recipes. Very interested with the cup cake. If you so happen to conduct the workshop again, can you PM me? Thanks. I'll try the sponge cake and donut recipt after I purchase the necessary ingredients. Thanks. : )

pink, i wanna bake something tonight to bring for gathering tml for thots n mummys to eat but what can i bake thats ez n yummy no need to cream butter n sugar? lazy mummy no mixer dont wanna cream le hahhaha....

angi wee... donuts!!!

pink, hammie, niko, thanks for the fun jus now... hahahhaa... boy say donut taste very nice and he tasted ur pandan and choco&amp;cheeese steamed cupcake. he say very nice too!!! i only nib a bit... nice nice!! must teach me hor... :p

we confirm again on thursday for friday's chiong... :p

So envy. You all having a gathering.

Too bad i cannot join. Tempted to take leave but hubby needs the car and so difficult to get to CCK from my place. Hee

Have fun ladies.

catika, eileen,
thx but i dont dare try donuts yet le seems rather tough to do it well...
think banana muffins more fool proof hor? hahhahaa...

Japanese cheesecake BY PINK

Ingredients:
250g cream cheese
50g butter
100ml fresh milk

60g plain flour
20g corn flour
6 egg yolks
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp salt

6 egg whites
¼ tsp cream of tartar
140g fine granulated / caster sugar

Method:
1) Melt cream cheese, butter and milk in a bowl over a pot of water.
2) Cool the mixture.
3) Beat in egg yolks and lemon juice. Fold in flour and mix well.
4) Whisk egg white with cream of tartar until foamy.
5) Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
6) Pour into aluminium
7) Bake in a water bath for 30 mins or until set or golden brown at 160C. use the toothpick test.

Hi hwee
ME too.

cutters list
----------------
1)angi - snoopy - x1
6) clarisocean - mickey, minnie, pooh &amp; piglet
7)mama mya Doraemon x1, Hellokitty x1, snoopy x 1, anpam man x1
8) sallyngsj - mickey/minnie X 1, pooh/piglet X 1

Thanks so much.

Hwee, CL,

Can help? Which hotel is cheaper to book if I only want to go Tokyo Disneyland with my family for abt 5 days? Tot of going in June holiday with my family.

Oh, oso, can share where to get those cute baking stuffs from there?

Hwee,

I hv bot one MM Square seal for you oredi and will try to pass to pink asap. Perhaps before your lunch appt with her on Thursday. Sori for the delay.

Ladies,

I hv extra sets of the disney cookie cutters : Pooh&amp;Piglets x 4, Pooh&amp;Tigger x 2 and Marie Cats x 2. Selling as per BP price I bot before @ $7 per set. Anyone interested pls PM me ya.

Thank you!

fatmum,
thanks for your guide to edit my profile.

shook,
thanks..i shall wait further and see if they update further. If not, then will ask for your help to post in the overseas thread on my behalf....hopefully can get all my stuff soon...

pink,
I used the 'toping pride' and have balance some whipped cream put in a container and kept in the fridge. How long can the whipped cream by kept? So wasted to throw away.

Hi dadagal,

pls reserve 1 set Pooh and Piglet for me. have sent you PM re payment details and collection.

thanks,
Asha

Hi Pink, I've some problems uploading pics. My cream spread is the same as u phil cream cheese spread in a tub bought at Phoon Huat.

kao_welcome2.gif
all new baker mummies

pink,
I never receive any email pertaining to exam paper leh... u send to my home or office email account? Afraid too big then got block.

Yap, my eldest jst finished his paper last week. Only know the marks but paper was not return to them. Am satisified with his Maths result so far. This 2 days, his on MC cos having high fever. Lucky its after his CA.

Btw jst send u an email with rdgs to books.

Teni,
Its my boy who needs it. He has hit himself against the wall and broke his ear cartilage. Jst removed his stitches on Monday. So pink offer me this scar cream.

Eron
no problem. Hope u get the bakeware soon.

Hwee
enjoy ur trip ya!!!

I remember someone suggest organising a trip to Japan rite? Ke..ke..if only we can go in 1 grp hor...then cheong the shops there.Is this idea still on ah???

<font color="ff0000">Er....still got no one answer me abt the gelatine found in jello izit animal or plant extract? Anyone know?

And I have a new bottle of beef gelatine to give away anyone???? </font>

actually all these talk about gelatine... what is it for huh? i know it's found in chewy sweets only... are we manufacturing sweets liow??? :p

<font color="ff0000">pink</font> include me in ur mailing list leh... jokes/recipes/whatever things lah... :p ... i too bored... thanks.
happy.gif
can send to the me at aki_ _ _ @sin_ _ _ _ _ _ .com (cupcake class email)

thankew...

Hi Pink,

I tried your jap cheesecake recipe, didn't work that well for me. The top looked fine, but the bottom stuck to the pan. the bottom looks like steamed cake. Anything to do with the water bath? and also, after 30-45 mins of baking, the majority of the cake is still wet, I think I continued almost an hour for the cake to be cooked. and when it is cooled, the cake shrunk so much. Where did I go wrong? Please advise. Thanks

Asha,

Hv replied your PM..pls check. Thks!

To those who hv just joined us here,

Welcome to this irresistable...tempting...drooling...hungry thread. You will be addicted to it for sure. Haha!

Kim Tan (xuanyun),
welcome to this baking thread! be prepared to be addicted !
happy.gif

you did not rcvd PM wor, can you pls edit your profile? or you can drop me an-email at:
[email protected]

workshop? very soon, around mid march to mid april.
drafting the outline now, will be slightly diff from previous workshop.
this time round will include some of my wilton course 1.
workshop will last about 4hours as you need to be VERY HANDS ON in decorating.
this time round will not give away three tiers cupcake stand (but still there is a cuppies stand display for you to see, to touch and you'll know how to make it), instead will give away practice board as we need this to makes: star, shell, zigzag, outlines vines &amp; stems dots, writing etc.
some examples:
1281411.jpg

1281412.jpg

angi_wee,
so sorry didn't login after 5Pm yesterday.....
after work spent time with my kids, then cook dinner then got guest oso.

eileen is rite, you can try bake donuts or muffin which don't need mixer.
but u oso rite, banana muffins is fool proof.
so... wat u bake leh?

eron,
i usually keep ard 1 week, try to finished it up within 10 days.
after 10days, it will not spoil, but the texture changed.

jojo,
you mean you use this?
1281416.jpg

and what is your issue again? i try to scroll up and down can't find your prob leh, can pls post again?
embarrassed.gif

fatmum,
send to you home one wor... okie, later i send again.
your boy muz drink alot of water leh...
nowadays hor, virus very strong, cough cough abit oso not easy to fully recover, haiz!
so lastnite go disco not? till morning? especially if you are alone. careful of mas selamat leh, according to news, if he still ard, he will be run out of money and food.
"skali" he kidnap you and ask me for money... wahahaha!

fatmum,
yr Q is consider "chim-ology" leh.... dunno how to answer.
I'm going to call my shifu tonite, will ask her okie?

motheragain (motheragain),
may i know what cream cheese are you using? the spread one or the block one?
for my oven, it takes abt 45mnts to water bath bake... different oven will need different timing, that's why we always need to do the toothpick test.
if you are not using spring form pan, you will need to put baking paper before you pour the cream cheese batter.
if the cake shrunk up to 15%, it shd be oke, if more than that, means something not right.
did you over beat the egg white &amp; sugar? it should be "SOFT PEAK" form.
stiff peak will cause too difficult to fold into cheese batter.
hope the above ans helps.
pls do not hesitate to drop a message again if you have other doubt.

hv a great day ahead!

catika,
okie... noted, will send you anything lah.. the "color" one oso want? hahaha!

I'm glad your boy like it. steam cakes is not as attractive as bake cake, but it is very nice while still hot and while it juz come out from steamer hor?
if you want the recipe, i can e-mail you, not many mommies interested in the steam cake i think, then i'll jus send u thru e-mail.
the pandan one is from aunt yo blog, but i do make some adjustment in the ingredients.
the chocolate cheessy steam cupcake is from my recipe book, in bahasa, no worries, will translate it before send it to you.

Hi Pink

That's good that you have steam cake recipe. Can I have it too. Too keen to bake after seeing all the postings but I do not own any oven.

Thanks, Jac

Js'mum
thanks! i should be meeting pink on Fri. if can't pass to her in time, its ok. no hurry. let me know how much to pay you too!
happy.gif

i'm not familiar with japan as this is my first trip there. i managed to book the sheraton at the disney resort at a very good rate. just log into their website. if you need help, let me know.

fatmum
thanks! will sure enjoy my trip! will do a detailed report here when i come back. and if shopping is tat good, will make sure we organise a shopping expedition! ha ha!

fatmum,

it's from animal extract.

extract from websearch re gelatin/Jello:
If you look at the ingredients on a box of Jell-O, you'll see that it's essentially sweetened, flavored, and colored gelatin. Gelatin is basically processed collagen, which is a structural protein in animals' connective tissue, skin, and bones... According to the Gelatin Manufacturers Institute of America (GMIA), pork skin, cattle bones, and cattle hide are the predominant raw materials used to make gelatin. hth.

more at:
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/whatstuff/stuff/8120jello.html

j's mum,
thanks for reserving. have responded to your email
happy.gif

n2inpink,
pls keep me in the loop for the classes-- really need to attend one. I have the betty crocker decorating set from KC but don't have enough courage (and time) to dive in and experiment.

hi all,
thanks for putting up all these yummy recipes and inspiring photos-- have been baking, still a "starter" (can't even call myself amateur). I'm a silent reader in this thread but must admit this thread moves so fast I have to make sure I read it once a day otherwise will get lost...

Asha

Hi Pink,
Thank you for your advise. I used the block type of cream cheese. Will try again sometime. Do you think it is advisable to increase temp slightly? I am using microwave convection oven.

I have another qn. Can I have the steamed cake recipe too? thank you. You can PM me. Also, do the cakes 'huat' on its own or have to slit it while steaming?

Hi All Mummies,
I know that this is not a right thread to put this up. I thought I would like to offer to the many mummies here since I benefitted so much here.
I have a pair of BN crocs kids cayman to let go. Sz8/9. Sea-blue. Best price at 36. Interested PM me.

Back