Cup cakes for birthday

Shook & maruolin,
Just finish reading all the post. I was on leave yesterday & normally I dont surf the net at home cos my gal cling to me like koala bear recently. Thanks for offering to help me buy the stuff. I went sun lik yesterday and bought lots of stuff, spent 100 bucks there.

Collection of cookie cutters
Either from CCK after 8 pm or weekend or Cityhall during weekday lunch

Otherwise via Hwee tonight then via Pink if you are staying in East. Hee Hee

Great Hwee,
You go grab more. Chrilee ask to grab mickey mouse for her.

<font color="0000ff">Hi n2inpink,</font>

I am very new in this thread but definitely not new in the forum, onli active in one thread, not used to go to other thread to chat but this thread caught my attention 'cos of all the interesting tips in baking and yummy food pics.
happy.gif

But this thread runs very fast, cannot catch up.
sad.gif

Tks for the advise on mixer. We have one (think is Philip too) but think we make it work too hard over the 2-3 years, now threaten to breakdown liao. Furthermore, it gives out a machine smell when using, i din like it, so thinking of changing.
My budget is around $300, but will consider higher range if worth the $$. Saw 2 mixer in ur blog under the workshop, grey and black, both are kenwood chef? How much?

<font color="ff0000">Any mummies using Kitchen Aid mixer can give comments - Price? size? easy to use?</font>

<font color="0000ff">Hi Chicken Little,</font>

Tks for the details. Hopefully he has time to shop, have asked him to buy as many as he can. will share with the mummies here if got extra
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Hi Catika,</font>

Read that you failed in ur doughnut, wan to try premix? i think prima has premix and quite nice too. Can give it a try.

Hammie,
Me too missed u la n ur sugi cookies leh... Alt we r so near to each other.

Niko,cati,pink
tmr on to go cati's hse? Me want tag along leh... to see how donut is bake.

Hwee,
cookie cutter!!! i want i want!!! Me want chop a slot.

Cla,

If you wanna get mixers, can try checking the price with Kong Tai Electrical at Jurong West. Last saw their kenwood mixer at abt $600 plus and philip mixer at $62. I also wanna get a mixer but the cheap cheap range one coz just picking up baking.

mama to 5Js,

Wow! $699 and still promo price, w/o promo is how much? where did u get it from? Robinson? Can share what model? wan to check it out... :p

n2inpink
for buttercream kept in the fridge which can't finish @ 1 go, do u need to rewhip or mix in mixer when use it next time?

sweeite_hamster
My mum said v heaty fm baking. I can't take too liang now. Oso want me to rest more.

icelim,
ya miss you too..altot so near each other..hee hee... very busy this week....manage to login during lunch hr onli.
sad.gif
sad.gif

Shook,
better listen to old folks and rest more.
happy.gif
happy.gif
then u will have a "bai bai pang pang" baby.

cookiepie,

tks, u reminded me to call the electrical shop that i frequent purchase things from for pricing. :p According to him, KitchenAid onli has one model and is selling at $800.
sad.gif
now i can onli considering Kenwood Chef since KitchenAid is so ex.
sad.gif

Have u got ur mixer? i can bargain w the guy for better price. :p

Hi Syeda, I'm keen with the cutter if you ordering.

1.syeda 1
2.mama to 5Js 1
3.jj (jjsan) 1
4.spicegal 1
5.Fatmum 1

Teni, ke...ke...at 1st glance this cutter did look like elmo. Jst remember Elmo is Red while Cookies monster is blue.

maurolin &amp; Eron, have not try on quaker oats but i supposed should not have any problem.

Cla,
Haven't got my mixer yet. Not looking for high-end ones coz I seldom bake. Most probably getting a simple one that is below $100. Have you gave Kong Tai a ring to check out the price? They are quite well known for their low pricing.

Hi Syeda,

What cookie cutter are you ordering? Count me in. Is Elmo or Cookie monster? I want too. Hee... Hee...

1.syeda 1
2.mama to 5Js 1
3.jj (jjsan) 1
4.spicegal 1
5.Fatmum 1
6. chrilee 1

cookiepie,

i din call Kong Tai, i called Maximum Credit, they always give me quite gd price, either lower or on par with other shop. I am looking for a higher end but can always ask for you if u have any model in mind.

Guess KitchenAid is confirm out for me liao.
sad.gif

Mama to 5Js,

wow! din know the original price is so ex. You have got a very gd buy!

cl
you still waiting for eileen reply on her choice of the cutter? cos i stay in the east, CCK is too far for me, i thought of asking Hwee to collect for me, since she is collecting from you but i still waiting for eileen to pick her choice and see what is left. how should i made the payment?

Hwee
can help me collect the cutter? btw where are you staying? include me in your BP when you are going tokyo in march.. Thanks
happy.gif

Hi Cla,

I also have a KitchenAid mixer. Which my hubby bought for be few years back during my birthday. I think should be in year 2004 or earlier. That time, we bought it at Phoon Huat.

The price is about $499 or $599. Don't really remember. Memory fade. Don't know that the price is that high now.

Maybe you would like to check with Phoon Huat?

Apple,
I waiting for Gunjan to reply. If she does not reply by 6 pm today. I will allocate 1 each to the remaining mummy up to Augustmum.

apple
I thought CL is waiting for Gunjan to make her choice? I am ok with any design either phoon &amp; piglet or trigger.

chicken little
u are waiting for my reply? Is it troublsome for u to mail to me? Because weekday 8pm I need to accompany my boy to sleep n my hubby is not in Singapore now. Furthermore, he is not feeling well these few days so stick to me tightly. If weekend, I need to check with my dad whether he can lend me the car.

chicken little
Thanks! Pls inform me the price &amp; the postage incurred then I will TT to you. I have email my address to you. Thanks a lot!

chicken little
U are so kind! Just bake the Zebra eggwhite cupcake to thanks you but can see cannot eat lor!

pink
Thanks for yr recipe.

1215031.jpg

Hi all Baking enthusiasts,

I am new to this thread. Been reading it whenever got the chance, but not able to follow thru. So many updates in a day, wah very hardworking ppl. I am a FTWM, so can only experiment when I have the chance and free time. At the moment actively collecting baking tools......hehehe

Placed a few orders online and waiting patiently to receive them. Never bothered to capture my previous creations till lately, but its only a handful.

Syeda, I am rather keen in the cutter, but it is 1 order means the person get all 4 pcs? Not useful to have so many of the same design leh, especially for cookie cutter. I don't mind 2 pcs, anyone wanna share?

Thanks

maya,
I dun mind sharing with you. Count me in for the cookie cutter. Me worse dun bake yet like to collect.

Hope to be converted in this thread as I frequent it more.

Eileen
You so ke qi. Very nice leh.

Yah KitchenAid is really very expensive here. Been contemplating to get one, but wah very pricey leh. I think even if PH offer discount, not much diff.

I was actually wondering to order online or get a kind soul to buy back from US......hehehe
Online costs work below $500 (I think I calculate correctly) but my concern is the warranty.

Maya
I also want to get kitchaid mixer but afraid my hubby will nag at me for so expensive. Somemore my kitchen has no more space for the mixer...

Hahaha........tell me about it. My kitchen is too full now and I can still go shopping to buy some more. I am tranferring some things to my bedroom already.....cos I got no space. Even my bedroom is crammed.......hehehe

I managed to go to the 3 places which some forumers have reccomended, Sun Lik, Gin Lee and Ailin. Buy some more things lah.

<font color="ff0000">pink/niko/icelim/ and... who else huh</font> ya... me need send son to school... i'll be very occupied till about 1pm... will reach home only about 115 earliest!!!

<font color="ff0000">but hope is here!</font>

next tuesday 29/01... free??? son going library excursion since morning... hehehehe... so i can match all your lunch times!!! all ingredients i have... yoghurt, milk powder, flour (i'll sieve and measure first)... i got electric mixer (one stand with bowl and one handheld kind) and/but only a hand-whisk (spiral wires). I've got 3 doughnut trays...
happy.gif
by the way, i am using pink's most hated oil - knife brand leh... if u using cornoil, BYO hor... :p

how neh? ... confirm with me hor... else i go gai-gai heow heow liow... hheehhehe...

thread moving really fast... if i miss this message, contact via HP on monday hor... niko - shoot u BIG arrow... hehehehe...

saw discussion about mixers here... i didn't buy an expensive one... i bought akira at carrefour... with stainless steel bowl...

chose this because i'm looking for a cheaper one (ah lao will kill me if i buy those hundreds kind) yet i want a stainless steel bowl ... safer... incase got whip in some plastic shreds! hahahah

*drumroll* ... i spent only S$39!!! so far so good... i've managed very nice cupcakes and normal cakes...
happy.gif

oven also bought from carrefour... selling at 108... but 8 dollars off during that time i bought... so spent only 100 on 42L morries... by the way... no more smoke liow!!! no problem with oven after being checked thru by technician... it just decided not to smoke liow...
happy.gif
happy.gif

mamamya... nice nice... i like the a bit chia-chia toot toot train one...

by the way, u bought these at the usa site huh? ... the US$1.99 kind? ...

worth it to order directly instead of waiting for BP? ...
happy.gif

catika,niko,pink
Me no problem for next tuesday lunch time baking session. Hammie.... u inerested? heh heh heh...

catika i bought it from spree the only advantage is the postage will be shared so i think postage is less if compare to order on your own

but if you are buying more stuff then its ok to buy on your own bcoz from spree you will end up paying same cost

thx mya! i didnt wanna order coz shipping damn exp from states, but u found this from spore! yeah! but is it exp?

thx pink i luv u!

oh ya hammie, ur sugi cookie dun need to use mixer to mix 1 hor can just use whisk or spoon rite? Me no mixer.

***RECALL***

=================================================
Nick:
Mummy / DOB:
Baby / DOB:
Home:
Interest:
Email:
Friendster:
MSN:
Mobile:
=================================================

mama_mya,
nice cake, great that the rabbit n train mould turn out so cute cos me oso got order these 2 patterns from 2nd spree.

Back