Cup cakes for birthday

jus bake oreo & raisin cuppies using pink's receipe.Hmm but tik i fail cos the top taste like muffin & the base is very oily. Anyone know where i went wrong?

A few possible reasons i thot of:
1. didnt beat sugar & butter well?
2. after mixing in eggs & flour, didnt beat long enough?

Btw need sift flour? after beating butter & sugar, add in eggs while mixer is still operating then flour?

anyway didnt try the buttercream todae. jus coat it with choco. will try again : )

1202941.jpg

1202942.jpg

wah.. really peifu the mummies here, like vanessa, pink... when i think of delivery, i super super scare. me preggie now and will due in mar. at first i thought of c-section, but i heard that many saying that natural delivery will recover faster, so this time round, will tried for natural delivery, but aiyo.. scare leh
sad.gif

cl
thanks for organising the BP for the biscuit cutter. just now my girl saw the disney biscuit cutter from the forum, she really love it very much.

apple
Like that I very scare to disappoint her man. Very sad to see kids upset one.

Angi
Thanks for updating the list. Hee Hee see somes dates then I not pai seh on DOB liao. Me 1 Feb 1974.

To all mummies with 3 kids and above
I salute you man. Ha ha I not scare of delivering because so far all induced and on epidural. If all like my gal then I not scare, if like my son I faint, hyperactive never stop one and super hot temper plus heavy. First one 3.43 kg , second one 3.87 kg. Of course each delivery I juz gain weight and never go down lor.

J'smum
You Jan baby 1971 like my hb.

fatmum,
I help you check with my shanghai colleague. Looking for good variety, cheap and good right ?

Anyone knows if i make the batter in large qty & leave at room temp? cos oven limited size can bake abt 15 cuppies at a time.

I hate being preg, delivery & gging thru confinement. those who enjoy the abv, u ladies r super steady .. 3 cheers for U ...

Morning mommies,

apple,
no need to scare, yes norm birth is pain, but only at tat v short period, the moment u see and touch baby, all pain gone! Even for the next day, u can't remember tat pain.
*jia yeu*

3rascal,
u hv to keep the mixer on operating when u add eggs one by one, the flour also.

good morning mommies,

pink : you so super! your 2 babies kind of big and you were not in epi! bravo man! though i was also not in epi for all my 3 kids, compare them with yours, mine are tiny.
happy.gif

actually it feels good to be pregnant, going thru delivery and under confinement. That's the only chance we are the Queen! after that, we are slave liao
sad.gif

maruolin, i agreed with you. We are the queen during the 10+1 months period. After that, immediately demoted liao..
sad.gif

js'mum, me same same as you leh..Jan71. No wonder I say you look familiar...cos I see you in KK delivery ward 30+ years ago mah....hahaha....

Morning Mummies,

I love confinement, especially the food
kao_drool.gif

What I hate is the no shower....superly hot and gao wek especially I'm breastfeeding them.

sunny,

sorry abt that I must have got so excited that I didn't add-on to the latest list to order the chiffon pan from pink.

good morning to all mummies
1203066.gif

pink
wah ur babies so big huh! how it feels to push such big baby out huh.

fatmum
urs also v big leh! but how come the younger ones r smaller huh. tot the more we give birth, the heavier their birth weight are. ahh.. i know la cos first baby we v disciplined so eat all the good food. subsequent ones eat rubbish haha.. at least im like that!

those moms meeting today for lunch, enjoy urself! hope can meet all of u one day.

vanessa
confinement no shower? how can! i will die in my own sweat! so smelly and my baby sure put off by my smell during breastfeed haha.. i dun care one. once im back to my ward i shower. with hot water of course.

eron, when are you doing doughnuts? if it's weekend, i try and see can go over your place, can or not? i can drop my kids and mums place at serangoon. from there to AMK rather near. we do baking together :D

mama to 5Js,
I kia see mah, so i usually didn't shower for first 12-14 days n only wipes with hot water towel lor, but will on air con to keep myself cool.

Apple
When is your due date? Memory searched me Doink due in Mar. Do u join Mar 2008 thread? I m due 3rd Apr but I suspect I will deliver late Mar, hopefully after gd Fri

Vanessa, Blessedmommy
I hate dat no shower n the kpo who said no fan n shut my windown. Resulted my boi in heat rash n I sweated like running tap I started bathing n washed my head fm the 10th day wif the herbs

n2inpink
Huge bb u hv
Do u turn the mixer to the max or min speed when mixing?

Hi angi wee

Pls add me in.

Thanks
=================================================
Nick: sngiam73 (snhn)
Mummy / DOB: Helen / 25 May 1973
Baby / DOB: Anna (28 Nov 2002), Gabriel (06 Feb 2006)
Home: Tampines St 43
Interest: Baking, Knitting, Crochet, Reading, Travelling & shopping
happy.gif

Email: [email protected]
Friendster:
MSN:
Mobile:

Js'mum
i tried ur choc chip cookies recipe yest. v nice. better than the recipe i have. thik will switch to urs instead. i pack a bag each for my boys buddies in school to thank them for helping my boys all this time.

Hi Foreverfriends

I think my gal much bigger compare to Pink. My girl was 4.975kg when birth.
biggrin.gif
then son 3.98kg.

Went thru c-section but tried for induce for natural but not fully open. My two kids are all C-sec but I really wish for natural. But close shop liao cos hubby got scare after seeing how naughty my son is. My ideal is 3 lei..
sad.gif

Yes indeed sng, yours are BIG!! What did you eat during your pregnancy? So por. How big are your children now? And are they still big?

wa, now become childbirth thread.
happy.gif
seems like my bb small compared to the mummies here. :p paisay! ya lor, that pink la, say delivery not so pain la! she bluff me lor! how can you all tahan the pain?! i didn't take epi and i felt like my whole body splited! gosh!

anyhow, seems like many young mummies around too!

hey ladies

remember a while ago, we were asking what's the difference between a cupcake and a muffin? I think I've found a good explanation. Share with everyone here:

<font color="0000ff">"There might be some technical differences. The difference seems to be that a cupcake really is like a miniature cake: light in weight, sweet, and often covered with icing and decorations. It tends to be not too tall because it's texture isn't strong enough to allow for a very tall structure. A muffin is significantly heavier in texture and also in weight; with its cohesiveness, it can contain fruit, nuts or chocolate chips, which are not common in cupcakes. It is never iced and need not be particularly sweet.

If you threw a cupcake against the wall, you would hear something of a "poof!" If you threw a muffin, you would hear a "thud!"</font>

Ahhh...now I know...

sngiam
Wow your first gal realli big le. What is her size now huh ? Me same as you close shop liao. The number 2 realli headache.

Hwee,
That is why lor. I ask my gynae should I experience that "natural" without epi. He says what for. So when i reach labour ward, the nurse ask me, just send the asthetist in man. But the first one , everytime I push i dun feel it at all. Till in the end have to forcep. Second one, ha ha first push dun have, then gynae just walk in and ask them to adjust the bed and he pop out himself ha ha

Pink, Michelle,hoho3,hwee
Sorry I no time to do any dessert so going to bring 2 bunches of "banana" to meet up all liao. But I got the soup spoon card, 1 more set can redeem something free. I contribute that one then ha ha

CL, Michelle, hoho03,
me received invitation e-mail for meeting @ 2.00Pm....
sad.gif

big boss come from finland wor.... mati lah.... can't run away from this meeting...

so we die die 1:30Pm muz finished ya? then i take cab....

Hee... I think the last part (few week b4 giving birth), I keep eating Nasi Brani. Sinful...

Now average size. she is now 105 and weight 20kg.

sngiam,
wah... super big baby leh.... never heard before
happy.gif

CL,
dun like tat leh, me even worsed, come with empty hand leh, do nothing wor....

Pink, Michelle,hoho03
I no govt this week. If you can tell me what you want to eat, I can go order, chop place then you all can come eat then more time to chit chat.

Hwee,
Joining ?

maywong
I bought the chilli shrimp floss at NTUC,during CNY, it sold out very fast. But they will replace stock very soon too. I still need another 1 bottle, will go NTUC later. Will update u the info.

Pink
u sms me so late, 12.30midnight. U still baking cupcake or fry prawn roll at that time?

cl, pink, hoh03, michelle, i'm a bit tied up now. will update if i'm joining a little later. but pink has to rush off huh? i try! me also 2 bunches of banana la! :p

eileen,
sms u at 9:30Pm leh.... and saw yr reply only tis morning....
oops... M1 service got prob?

not started to wrap the prawn roll yet, hvn't buy the floss oso
happy.gif

Hi angi wee

I wanna be in!

Thanks
Nick: michelle_xinyi
Mummy / DOB: Michelle / 21 June 1977
Baby / DOB: Marcus (13 October 2004)
Home: Little India
Interest: Baking, Shopping and talking
Email: [email protected]
Friendster: michelle_xinyi
MSN:
Mobile: 96937188

hoho3,
I think i know you. You got scrapbook kit from me before right ? I sms you. I think we meeting 12.30 at The soup spoon.
To make things easier, ha ha can check this website tell me what you want http://www.thesoupspoon.com/store_souper.asp
I go place order first. Set or no set ?

Michelle,
I sms you yday to keep my contact got received or not ?

pink
I think not M1 problem, our handphone always got no signal nowaday. One of singtel staff told me a lot of people staying in Jurong also complained.

CL,
i want: SouperValue Combo Meal
-Boston Clam Chowder
-sandwich: Chicken Tikka (Wrap)
-a pack of chips
-yummy chocolate

xie xie!

hoho03,we are having soup spoon (me have craving for tat since yesterday) since you leaving at 12 should be able to arrive early. You chop place can?

Pink,can la. I need to be back office by 1.30 also.

CL,don't worry i am not contributing much also just few cupcake and wanna let Pink sifu try. Aiyo actually got more but the hungry ghost in the office is having more then 1 helping.

Back