Cup cakes for birthday

freshly baked Green Tea Buns! very soft...

1832295.jpg

pink...whahahaha.....the nose! Didnt notice. i was like comparing ur cake and my cake...couldnt even tell the nose was missing...*LOl really sotong me!

Wow Peng, the bun look so yummy leh, hope i can achieve ur standard, still nt ready for bread making yet although i already bot all the ingredient liao...

ok... made another batch of macs since the day is nice and warm.

1832520.jpg
1832521.jpg

See.... the above, waiting for 40 mins before the its dry enough.............. next picture, baking in oven (looking good so waiting in aticipation)

1832522.jpg
1832523.jpg

See... feet want to come out, and yet don't want to come out..... easily come out from baking paper

Verdict: FAIL!!!

1832545.jpg
1832546.jpg

1832547.jpg
1832548.jpg

1832549.jpg
1832550.jpg

Joining in the crowds for macaroon wind.. my 1st attempt on my own.... i thought its gonecase cause no feet appeared while waiting but out of a sudden... all the feet came out from holiday... made 2 sizes...

Ling,
Not bad wor, 1st attempt got feet. The skin looks very smooth too... congrats...

Others mummies must be v envy liao... Me not guts to make.

Peng,
wow yr fruits so yummy. Drooling lei.
Maybe we should have one mac gatherings to try out???

Yany,
Better than my first attempt lor.

MissyLing,
Excellent job. First try n got feet. Super welldone. Join me n Peng together to bake?? U stay where ah? West ah?

MissyLing, you must pass some of the luck to us leh. Or like SN said, bake tog then we can see how you do it.

Aiya...i fail until i sian liao. My hubby said the chicken going to extinct becoz of us. Going to take a break frm macarons. Peng, am going to try out yr green tea buns. They look so yummy! You haven upload in yr blog yet? I cant find it...

Using shifu's Pink fondant during the workshop
1832788.jpg

Using my own and definitely need practice..moreover have to ask workshop mate to mould snail for me..hehehe
1832789.jpg

A Princess Carriage cake for Lim's princess' birthday:
1832790.jpg

Mango Fresh Cream cake for good friend:
1832791.jpg

Joining in the macaroon conquest. Got FEET but wrinkly and chow tar:
1832792.jpg

ling
very well done! First try on yr own then got feet, u really very heng!

Keng
wow, so many nice fruits! Your fondant cake so cute. So now you can handle fondant very good lor? My ZL birthday coming soon lor, know my hint? Haha!

Ling!!! Congrats!!!
Your macs looks awesome! Who's recipe you use ah? hehehe... The smaller ones are very cute!

Keng,
You are successful in getting feet too... congrats! Love the cakes.... very pro looking!

Peng,
I use about 1 1/2 whites. I pipe very small one.. so looks like a lot! hahaha

<font color="0000ff">Hi Pink,
Nice meeting u ytday.

My boi n the classmates are sooo excited abt the shinkansen cupcakes. Even the teachers oso said veri nice cupcakes. One of the teacher asked me for your contact
happy.gif

Oh yes, your macarons r very yummy
happy.gif

Thk u</font>
1832955.gif

Sally,
Thanks...mine was intended to be a wedding theme but didn't hv time to mould bride &amp; groom. So no choice but to plonk the animals around the cake. Hope to try again when got time.

Kathy,
I came home to re-deco the duck's eyes..now no longer has the "wearing sunglasses look"...that was very funny...hahaha.

Ling,
CONGRATS!!! the feet are coming out!! Mummies, jia you !!!

1-0,
Hint taken..but don't want to frighten little ZL with my pte ltd fondant skills leh!...hahaha..scared the "B" will melt right in front of his eyes..

wah lau... i hear heng heng heng everywhere... ears keep itchy and sneezing non-stop... hahahahaha

ling, congrats! ur 'fault' lah... hahahahaha... people keep heng heng heng... i ears itchy... hahahahahaha... nice pink macs!!!
happy.gif

today good weather/climate to do macs... but koala sticking to me today... no chance do...

KENG... before everybody else, my boy's b'day coming... *winks winks*...

josh keep saying... two days after aunty keng leh!!! hehehe... we dunno fondant... but we can try do a coffee cake!!!
happy.gif

Keng, after you said then i go back take a closer look at yr ducky. No more sun tanning...keke.
Btw, what to do with the cake huh? My mum said dun bring anymore cakes to them. They sian liao
sad.gif

Ling, envy u...first try so nice..got feet!

Looking at the first pic,ur macs batter looks quite runny hor...thats why got feet? Cos mine seems firmer, so came out all stones! *LOL....later try again.

Thank u thank u... so many people to list... hehehe mai envy... you all can do it too...
or maybe it ke lian me... coz ytd kena scolded by HB cause of mac... lol

The mac got feet but the feet is like mine lo.. short short de.. maybe i expected and dream too much...
Hopefully the next one to come will be even better...

Meow: ya lo REALLY heng lo... maybe like u said.. tis marriage will benefit so many people.. bring heng heng to everyone....

Macs: Did someone take any pics of the batter? Can post a pic here? I am confused abt the consistency of the batter. Cos my 1st attempt's batter was thick and could be piped and shape would stay. but came out either overbaked or hard.

Just now tried again, batter was runny...went out of shape while waiting for the 'skin' to form...now i give up liao..cos even if 'feet' will come out, the shape is gone %!#%$@^#$&amp;!!

Pink,
Sorry I very swa ku. How to get the recipe for mashmallow fondant? SO it is a cup cake covered with mashmallow fondant? Then you top with the shinkasen train. To get the colors, I got to use butter cream icing suger?

SN, kendy,
thanks..how come I didn't think of custard..hmm, shall keep for that. Previous try, I juz throw away after seeing the failed mac..heartache..keke..

tling (tling),
nice to meet u too! u hv a gud skin huh? no make-up but very smooth and "ang ang" like tomato...
happy.gif

I'm glad the kids loves the cuppies.
the macarons, i dun eat liao, so try to give a way as much as possible... haha!

S@L &amp; SN,
kekeke! my girl is the one spoted the sponge bob dun have nose... hahaha!

bbgirl,
egg yolks left over: i normally make lapis surabaya cake, u ate it at my place rite? here is the recipe:
http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2008/03/surabaya-cake.html

Anxylyn (lwg26),
yes, it's cup cake covered with mashmallow fondant. Then I top it with the shinkasen train. To get the colors, i'm a bit fussy, i stick to wilton and americolor brand.

KENG,
wow ! at first look, i tot u open bakery shop... kekeke!
the Mango Fresh Cream looks very appetizing! when my bday come, u bake for me? pls pls? can?
your macs, the feet looks very nice, the issue is: crinkle on top.
i got tis problem before, i think i rest the batter too long, it's like the skin too dry.
tats guessing only. now i use finger test, as long as didn't stick to my hand, throw into oven.

but the funny part is, happen i rest the macs batter too long, instead of too dry, the skin turned super sticky....

kendy &amp; Ling,
CONGRATs ! the feet decided to come back from holiday! haha!

yany,
your batter, before go into oven, is looks very similar like mine leh.....
wat temperature u using? and how long?
seems like your oven too hot.
i got fren use Techno 42L portable oven. she usually will lower down 20 or 30C from the recipe started.
i.e, if recipe stated 180C, she will use 160C only.

S@L,
i posted the batter pic before, but dunno archive to where liao. here u goes:
1833700.jpg

SN, thanks but i cant see the video leh???

Pink, ok this was how my batter looked for 1st try. but like Yany said i prob overbaked....when Macs come out from oven is soft soft one issit? then upon cooling should be hard to touch right? but inside chewy?

so what u think of Bakerzin's Macs? i tried them few weeks ago, tot the taste was good. but the look no fight with urs! hehehe

wow, S@L,
i can fly liao! u look me so up up up....
i still have failure rate wor...
yes, when Macs come out from oven is soft soft one. then upon cooling should be hard to touch, and inside is chewy.

btw, where is your office? can pls sms me? perhaps we can meet during lunch time and i pass to u some to try, then u can compare.
what i dare to say is: mine less sweet
happy.gif

sms me okie?

after dinner, my kids keep saying long long time never eat waffles liao.
then i make pandan coconut waffles for them.
ah girl likes to eat it with kaya.
ah boy eat the "kosong" with strawberry only.

prima deli style:
PANDAN COCONUT WAFFLES
1833854.jpg

with home made kaya jam
1833855.jpg

pink, my macs jus came out from oven....not only have feet, but also have HEAD! *LOL everyone laughed at me
sad.gif
......as i said earlier my batter was too runny...so the shape was gonecase...but got the little feet...heheheh i rested for 3 hrs for the skin. but the top cracked...so the 'head' came out!

can u advise what went wrong? the top was smooth,no holes but cracked. Taste was chewy though!

oh i SAHM le...'office' at Sengkang
happy.gif
how to meet u? kekeke, i sms u then!thanks

Hi Mummies,
All fruits are very nice &amp; yummy,good job.

Ling,
Congrat to ur feet mac.

Keng,
Thank you for the cake.My family saw &amp; say"WOW, nice cake, he he.
Tat day my hp flat so use hb hp tot pic but the pic very blur, so cant post.

Cat,1-0,
We are always support Keng rite? Dun worry, she can......., haha.

today in the mood to stay in the kitchen.. so made chillies for our daily in-take... then used it to fry the lady finger. Cook beef rendang. Simple dinner for me and HB.

1834019.jpg
1834020.jpg

sally, my hb is a soup man.. and his soup is those need to brew for hours kind... so tis is simple to him lo... he said like having malay foods...

hi kathy,
tis is the waffles maker i use, it's 3-in-1.
can make waffles, grill, sandwich (Philips brand):
1834223.jpg

for waffles:
1834224.jpg

for grilling:
1834225.jpg

for sandwich:
1834226.jpg

Peng, check with you, the buns when left overnite will it be dense and heavy? The bread i baked after a few hrs become denser. Not like when it 1st came out of oven.

Pink! Ur waffles! Aiya...that day forgot to see yr model again. Yummy...but still not what i'm looking for. I'm looking for those waffles machines like cafe cartal that can make those nice and hard waffles.

Pink, thanks for the pixs. Do you remb how much you paid for it? The grilling tray can make melting pita folds leh...but i scare hubby scold. Too many barang barang liao.

pink,
Thks for your compliment
happy.gif

aiyo, your kids so "xin fu", after dinner get to eat waffles. Can share the ingredients n how to make?

Pink,
3 attemp to bake the mac but still no feet...??? This is before and after still so upright....Can you share te recipe for the waffle cause my kids look this kind...Those very crispy type they dont like...Thanks in advance.

1834553.jpg

1834554.jpg

dior, the before pic... why the paper 'so wet'? .... and i think ur batter is too 'thick'... ... from what i see/gathered in other's blog and videos.
happy.gif

dior: WOW you got a BIG oven? can bake so many @ once? I agreed with cat that the batter seem too thick. My is thick but runny kind. For the upright part, you can dip your finger with some water ( not too wet) and smoothen the tip of it to make it flat after piping it.

Hi all,

i am back again! I have been trying to make macarons too. After many many many tries, i finally see some feet. However, not very consistent. Sometmes have feet sometimes don't.

Here is my green tea macarons made yesterday. No colouring added, but the green looks ugly.
1834876.jpg

MissyLing,
u are very good, first attempt have such nice results. They look very pro.

Keng,
Another very good one. No doubt wrinkled, but at least they have feet!! I have been longing to see those feet for months...

Peng, Yany,
finally we are all making macarons. Still remember few months back, i was the only one posting failed macarons pictures? It was so depressing. Hope that all of us can get it right soon.
happy.gif

Back