Cooking Tips & Recipe

Ann,
Good if you can ask your gynae for a super good anesthetis, cos in tmc, whoever is free at the time of delivery will come and do for you. That time, during no.3, I had one man from mt A, woah.. almost died! I had to tell him that it was very painful!

I like indian rojak and other indian food too, but ang not very keen !
Think I better drink more soy bean milk too
happy.gif

Thanks for the reco on glenE, today in mind your body, there was an article on bf by dr peter chew..

Choc, how you fry your mee hoon now w/o pork ribs? Think I can throw my rice wines liao cos they're more than a yr. Dr Dicky Tay is gd, I didn’t feel any pain/discomfort when he administered the epi.

Annlee, same situation as you lah. Who is your prev gynae at GlenE? Now my first time at TMC also not sure which anaestheist to choose. So most prob you gg for GA c-section this time round? Must share with me your experience in TMC hor.
happy.gif

Ann,

in TMC , good anesthetis are booked normally. Pls ask yr gynae and start booking ok. I got someone very experience and of cus more ex also bcos he is very good with big size ple like me . And he is nice looking too. of cus tat is beside the pt right?

choc,
like difficult to ask good anaesthetist from my gynae leh...cos gynae sure say whatever he give is good. My friend told me there's one at MT A is terrible, her fren ask for epi to stop the pain and after anaethetis adminstered it and he reply...oh no...inject too much, so she's panic and in the same time in pain.
Agreed with giggler, I don't feel any pain when Dr Tay inject the needle into my spine.

twinkle,
Who is the anaesthetist? Faster recommend me, see whether got time to change or not. I checked my admission letter that my anaesthetist is Dr Phua W T.

giggler,
My prev gynae is Dr Chan KH, same same?? Last week have you seen the show that this comedian called Li guohuang wife's giving birth and saw my ex-gynae in the show. That Li 'suan' the gynae that his charges is very cheap ha... but then again...he's good.

Huskie,annlee

Am here....this thread did not activiate itself into my mailbox, dont know why leh....

BBQ and Buffer
It all went well...thanks...but dont like the caterer, think standard drop and I used NEO GARDEN....

Cabanara
Ivena, which thickening you refer to ?thanks

Pop
Exciting...some mummies here are popping soon...cannot wait to see the little one right and do have a great time during the confinement...its really feel like a WUEEN...Hmmm with fond remembering...but will never want it anymore....

BUSY
Have been busy with my gal and maid.Have to supervise both very tighly...for different reasons....

Have a good evening...all

Gig,
I normally fry my bee hoon like that.. Fry sliced onions, add pork slices, prawns and fish cake, then add salt.
Fry for a while, add bean sprouts and chye sim and bee hoon.. a bit of oyster sauce.. simmer for a while , tossing a bit, add sesame oil (so that bee hoon won't clump together. Toss a bit( not too much as bee hoon will break).. Done!
Add fried onions on bee hoon..
I love to use the elephant brand and swallow brand bee hoon, doesn't break as much and has kou3 gan3
happy.gif

How about your style of bee hoon ? Some ppl use fish sauce..
My grandma will keep chicken gravy for the next
day to fry bee hoon too, very tasty!

HAha! twinkle, sounds like you had a good anaesthetis..

ann, yah.. mine's a male anes from mt A.. curly hair, quite young, dunno what his name

Hey joy, good to see you.. So, was the meat for bbq lu4 wei4 ?

Gals, did you read mind your body yesterday ? one article talked about pg ladies consuming too much nut or nut related products will have higher chances of conceiving kids with asthma! I'm dead!
uhoh.gif
Always have peanut butter for breakfast..

joy

I buy the thickening cream from the diary shelvings at supermkt....

choc

i like to eat fried beehoon but dun like to cook it myself cos e beehoon always clump together n its so strenuous to toss e beehoon....
The other i saw one cooking show where it add pumpkin to fried the beehoon n e beehoon turn orangy ...quite nice...

u all give birth by c-section, for both my labour...i go for natural delivery so didnt experience the epi or other anaethetis administration....

Choc,
I think I know which leaves that one is... I saw it next to drumstick leaves. I think the auntie place all the exotic leaves on one corner
happy.gif

Whitebait: I got them from NTUC... some big whitebait fish that is from some lake in China... stinks like dunno-what... will try and get them from wet market next time.

Anaesthesist: I had one at Mt A during delivery - very nice leh. Explained to me all the side effects of epi before he adminstered it, and never let me see any long needles at all. Kept talking and patting my hand throughout too
happy.gif

Eh, you better check your previous bill and see which anaesthesist that terrible guy is and blacklist him! Can you opt for an anaesthesist with your gynae?

Gig,
I read in a website that the drumstick leaves juice are good for respiratory system... but woah, yesterday I tried chewing on some raw leave... yucks! Very "biting" taste!

Yep, hubby can only come in after epi is administered, but dunno why they let him in so late leh. When he came in, doc was already cutting me up... he said luckily I was a bit knocked out, cos can hear the sawing sound... would have freaked me out man!

annlee, Gig,
Re. anaesthesist at TMC, I had one who was pretty good when I did my D&C. He's quite senior (about 40s-50s) and fatherly... patiently waited with me when my gynae was 30mins late! Talked to me and told me must do a mini confinement even though it was not a real delivery etc etc... and cos my veins are sooooo tiny, he gave me local anaesthetic on back of palm before poking needle in, so overall, no pain at all. But not sure about epi lah, cos it was a D&C GA.

annlee,
Re. terrible anaesthesist, I think no place can beat KKH, cos there're lots of trainees there. MY friend did a C-sect GA, and just before she knocked out, she heard the lady aneaesthesist said to the nurse "It's my first time". Then after that she only woke up more than 3 hours later, cos anaesthesist administered too much GA, and it got into baby and baby was blue, so they had to page for PD to come to Op Theatre immed. Her poor hubby waiting outside was so worried!
And my friend only knew about it when PD did her rounds and told my friend what happened.

Re. Ripple, I saw it on promo at NTUC Unity Thomson before. Asked for sample FM, but the promoter says don't have and just insisted on the sweets for Soph. Soph was only 12mths old then... I told promoter that Soph cannot chew on the tablets, and promoter insisted can and wanna stuff one to Soph!
Very bad experience with their counter staff, so I didn't bother with this brand anymore.

Ivena,
Thanks for cabonara recipe
happy.gif

Joy,
Good to know your BBQ and Buffet went OK. Hmmm... Neo Garden standards dropped huh?

ann, Choc,
All these talk about nasi padang making me drool, but now I am so heaty, cannot take spicy stuff leh.

Yesterday went to see my old man sinseh again, told him I wanna tiao my body to TTC #2... he says CANNOT! Cos I got an ulcer in my throat and he needs to fix my heatiness first.
Told him I've been taking a lot of cooling stuff like barley and chrysanthmum but the silly ulcer still there... whole throat feels like on fire.
He says it's cos I don't get proper sleep at night, thanks to Soph who keeps waking up at night. According to TCM, if don't get proper sleep at night, will get heaty very easily.
And I cannot take too much cooling stuff, cos it'll give me problems in 1st tri.
So now need to take his bitter med to fix my body then can take the bu stuff to taio body for #2.
So troublesome leh...

Choc, cookie,
I cannot do online LC consultation lah, cos I never really experienced mastitis before... only a few stubborn lumps cos nips were blocked and no real fever, just low grade type.
Hope bf this time will go smoothly for you girls!

hi girls. wow have been so busy, no time to read anything! but everything is going well
happy.gif
been cooking simple lunches for myself (pat pat on back!). CL was so nice, she made a whole load of fried ginger with sesame oil for me so that i can just add it to all my dishes. oh btw, i have graduated from confinement liao la

joy
i asked my mother and she said holy grace is good, but both my parents said very tough to get it. my brother got in because my parents volunteered in another school (my other siblings' school) and someone from there managed to pull strings for holy grace. they also say that there is high emphasis on chinese there. which is good if your family doesn't speak it at home

happy.gif

Pinkbunny

thanks for feedback.

Huskie
Definately neo garten is not as good as before

Choc06
oh yes, everyone says the bbq chicken wing is well seasoned...but I never get to eat it.

Stress
Me so stress up as yet to think of a way to manage my gal schedule. Her piano theory and pratical exam is coming, school exam is coming, GEP selection is coming and she still like nothing happen, waiting for me to throw the command...and I so fed up just now that I caned her as despite numerous warning to do her work, she is reading story books and cutting papers to do art...no discipline and sense of urgency...sigh....

Hi gals !

Everybody must be tired aft the national day hols!

COOKIE has popped little butter cookie on the 10th Aug..
Think on national day night, she was feeling the on and off contractions, aft admitting to hospital, she was given the hapidural. Gave birth in the wee hrs of the morning..

Congrats Cookie and enjoy the fruit of your labour!

Next to pop is Ann, hello, hello, ann, you still around ?

Hehe ivena, all 3 of mine are natural birth too, but being a kiasee mother, i ordered epi few weeks before i gave birth. But the last epi was so painful that this time round, i think I'll try for no epi.
happy.gif

Try adding sesame oil to your bee hoon, and toss a bit.. My past experience with fried bee hoon either clumps up or breaks..and don't soak the bee hoon too long, 1/2 hr the most.. Tried many many times, now at least better..

Husk, yah.. better tiao your body properly.. and sleep well, really looks like your body is heaty..

Nowadays, i just buy nasi padang with fish and sambal goreng(with tempeh in it), using fingers to eat is very shiok..

Yesterday , went to kim choo nonya food along east coast for dinner, the portion is generous and the food is good!Had petai and ayam buah keluak. My little boy enjoyed the honey pork.. The mini bak chang is very nice too
happy.gif

Cookie,
Congrats!
So is little butter cookie a prince or princess?

Choc,
Ann didn't SMS me leh... she said she will when she pops...

I love sambal goreng! Actually if the sambal belachan is good, I can even eat it by itself with rice... sedap!

Never heard of Kim Choo Nonya Food before. It's good? You have the address for it? I'll like to try it when my heatiness is fixed... sounds so yummy.

Ivena,
I made carbonara yesterday and today... hubby loves it! But I modified it a bit. Didn't use olive oil and butter, but just put in bacon to melt those fats to use as oil base for frying garlic. As for eggs, I used only egg yolk and no egg white, cos hubby the "carbonara expert" told me it's only egg yolks
happy.gif

Very yummy!

Cookie,
Congratulation!!
Ya...is a prince or princess??

choc and huskie,
I'm here...haven't pop yet. Was tired so din really surf internet these few days.
So coincidence...was having Nonya food for lunch yesterday at this place call chilli padi opp Bugis junction. Is buffet style, food quite limited and food ok lah but at the price can't expect much.

Huskie,
yah...tiao your body first. I didn't get enough these fews days and already feel abit heatiness and mood not so good, gets irritated easily.

Your pasta sounds good, how did you make it? Was making baked rice for my boys and hb over the weekend. I got the recipe from a blogger. Very simple, just make some fried rice with bacon but I use ham(bacon will taste even better I think), also add some sausage, I added some broccoli, boiled a can of campbell mushroom soup, pour over the rice and add thick shredded Italian Mozzarella cheese on top the rice and bake it. My boys liked it.

Oh yes... what is D&C?

Actually I'm quite stress right now. Heard that if op for GA and when wake up will feel super pain, unlike epi, the pain comes slowly. So right now my heart goes for epi but if anaethesist insist on GA on my situation I also got no choice. So 3 yrs from my last preggy and still rmr the pain I got, very scared.

Cookie's butter cookie is a princess cookie
happy.gif

Husk, You know where's Ashton, that serves the wagyu beef steak, Chin mei chin coffee shop famous for good traditional kaya buns at east coast rd ? We just stumbled on kim choo last sun
http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/kim_choo_kueh_chang_east_coast/

add is 109/111 east coast rd

Your cabonara sounds good! Will try out some day.. you think can substitute bacon with ham ?

Ann,
D and C as in Dilatation and Curettage ? Aft a m/c, D&C is done to scrap off the remains in the womb and clean(layman term)

annlee,
Oh dear... I think it's the weather plus the pregnancy hormones that making your irritated? Must stay in good mood for the sake of baby
happy.gif

D&C - dilation and curettage... basically the procedure that gynae does to clean out the womb afetr the m/c. It's GA procedure, and the fatherly anaesthesist was really nice.

Hey, my friend went through 3 C-sects with epi (but at another gynae at NUH), no prob leh. For the subsequent times, she said that area was numbed, so she didn't have any pain at all. I think your gynae is good lah, so don't have to worry at all. Just ask him for strong painkillers.

Your baked rice sounds yummy! I would love to make it if not for the fact that I am soooooo heaty now. Now ignoring Sophie's cries at night to try and sleep better, but still can hear her cry... doesn't help that hubby sleeps like a log!
happy.gif

My version of carbonara:
Cut bacon into bits and put in pan over very very low fire.
Leave it for awhile and then fats will melt.
Once some fats have melted, put in finely chopped garlic and just fry a few secs (garlic should not brown).
Then add in sliced fresh mushrooms and a pinch of salt so mushroom will sweat, then also add freshly ground black pepper.
Once mushroom softens, add in thickened cream (I added a bit of water to dilute it or if you prefer it richer, can add milk).
Then add in cooked pasta and egg yolks, stir, turn off fire and serve immediately. For 2 persons portions, I used half a cup of Bulla thickened cream and 2 egg yolks.

choc and huskie,
Thanks for expalining what is D&G but what is m/c, don't tell me is miscarriage...I'm really dunno, v suaku.

huskie,
Thanks for the recipe! My sis once told me Bulla cream is good. She went to Shermay's cooking class and they're using this cream and if not wrong she says the the teacher mention Bulla is the best or one of the best cream to use. But they use it for the sauce on the steak.

Oh your fren went 3 c sec with epi, think I try to insist on epi. And will also try to stay happy now.
happy.gif

Abt heatiness, my fren called me recently told me she had a miscarriage. She went to see chinese doc wanna tiao her body and the physician says her miscarriage is due to her heatiness. She have some red dates tea aft her miscarriage and had bad sore throat aft that, her body is really heaty. So huskie, must really take care hor...
My hb also like that, if din sleeps well will get sore throat, heatiness, I ask him what did he take cos these few months he's ok. He took celery+small bittergourd+ (tomato or carrot)juice and eat some guava fruits all during his lunch time. The juice looks yucky but my hb says the taste is acceptable. As what I see the juice is quite liang so dunno whether issit suitable for woman or not. But taking it once in awhile shld be fine or better check with your old man sinseh?

Cookie

Congrats,do rest well.

twinkle starry
Hope your ds recover soon.

Huskie

Your cabonara sounds good...can check with you how much is half cup thicken cream and sphagetti you used.Can check with you what is the right amount of time when we cook sphagetti?thanks...my gal loves this dish but I yet to do it properly....thanks

Cookie,
Congrats on having your wish come true... a butter cookie princess!

Choc,
I now where Ashton's is! Always long queue! I mostly eat at the HK Cafe opposite. Will check out the nonya food soon
happy.gif

Re. bacon and ham... I think ham not so tasty? And if use ham, I'm sure must use olive oil or butter, else may burn. You don't like bacon?
Ivena, what do you think of substituting ham?

ann,
Actually I was looking for the President cream that some girls were talking about earlier, but cannot find in neighbourhood NTUC, so just used Bulla. It's not bad... rich tasting without any funny moo-moo smell.

Hey, I think for epi, good to ask for it, but if anaesthesist not comfy with 3rd time epi, then maybe listen to him. Hee, afterall he'll be the one administering it and he'll be more confident with whichever method he uses. But did your gynae say if any of his patients did 3rd time epi?

Yes yes, m/c = miscarriage. It's getting more common nowadays, dunno if it's due to our lifestyle (pollution, more exposure to X-rays/raidiation, pesticides etc) or it's cos pple are more willing to talk about it i.e. less taboo subject.
Anyway, I'm not taking any risks - read in a flyer by Vitakids that sperm and egg formation takes average about 100 days, so our lifestyle and what we eat during the 100 days before conception may affect the sperm/egg. Hee, kiasu me will try to go more healthily and not get exposed to any rays if possible!

As for heatiness, hey, my gynae also believed in that. His theory is that if heaty, blood vessels will dilate and hence bleed more (just think about nose bleeds), so if got any spotting during 1st tri, he says must avoid heaty stuff like black chicken and red dates... just eat neutral stuff.

Woah, your hubby's juice sounds potent! I've been eating more bittergourd nowadays too. Tonight planning to see my old man sinseh... will ask him if I can take fresh juice with bittergourd in it. Thanks!
happy.gif

Twinkle,
Do take care... hope your ds gets better soon!

Joy,
Half cup thickened cream is the half Bulla cup. I can't remember how many grams the Bulla cup is, but it's around $4 one... about the same size as yoghurt.

Spaghetti: 2 adults' portion.

Time to cook pasta: I normally go according to time on packet. This time I used a brand called something-Zara, so it's 8 mins... pretty accurate. I find Barrilla brand takes longer to cook, but that's the brand Pasta Mania uses, and they do it really well!
Think you also need a large pot of boiling water i.e. water cannot be too little, else poasta don't cook evenly.

cookie,
wah...a princess minnie...can close shop liao...

Btw, the lady sellin yellow wine called me this morning that the stock has arrived, So I presume they will call you or if not you might wanna call them up. Arrive at the right time since you're doing confinement right now.

huskie,
I think I only saw President cream at Cold Storage but there's President butter at NTUC, so funny hor...sell butter don't sell cream, maybe cream no business.

Abt epi, will definitely chose it and as you say if the anaesthesist more confident with it I will just let it be and listen to him.

Can see that you really read or research to take good care of yourself and family, so detail...and already says you're good man...our chemical teacher.

twinkle,
thanks for the anaesthetist....but too late leh...book mine already.

your ds having flu and cough too?? My ds2 down with running nose and cough but just recovered. I quickly brought him to the clinic although is a slight one cos no mummy around when I'm in hospital. Did you give your ds Sambucol syrup? I find it quite good to boost up immune system when having cold or cough.

Huskie

Personally i prefer bacon to ham....so definitely will think bacon taste better than ham...hehe...

last nite i cooked again the cabonara but think my 1st attempt taste better....not sure if its due to the thickened cream...cos previously i used another brand ...not sure wat is the name but the cap is blue colour...find tt its more concentrated...yesterday used bulla and i think its more watery ....

cookie....congrats n rest well....

Wow, all these talk about cabonara makes me want to cook it now!
Doing pizza tomorrow, bought the base from shop n save, just going to add ham and pineapple.
Thurs and fri kids got no sch due to psle oral..

Husk and ivena
Think I'll use bacon, more fragrant... only put off by the few layers of "bui bui" on the meat.

ya, twinkle, hope your boy's ok.. my kids were down too, now ok.. they took turns to drink garlic oil..

Hey annlee, when r you admitting ?
Cookie just discharged today

annlee,
If the anaesthesist you booked by any chance is Dr. Lim Yong Chuan.... he's the good fatherly one I had.

Oh yes, Soph and I both love President butter! So creamy
happy.gif

I also feed Soph sambucol - it's pretty good, and she likes it too.

Ivena,
Think I know which cream you're talking about - it's some new brand that I never saw at NTUC before. That's why I bought Bulla instead. I'll try it next time.

Oh, I also read somewhere that you don't need to use oil when cooking pasta and don't use oil to keep it separated after cooking. Cos oil in boiling water does not serve any function, and tossing it in oil after straining will make the pasta not coat with sauce well.
I didn't use oil at all (just salt in boiling water), and even though the pasta stuck a bit while waiting for me to prepare sauce, once I stirred it into the cream sauce, the clumps separated.

Choc,
Go ahead and eat the pui pui layers lah... haha. I love the pui pui layers!
Sometimes I also wonder why the Spanish and French (esp the ones living in southern countryside) eat so much pui things but still so slim and healthy... probably the red wine they drink!

Pizza sounds fun for the kids to play around with! Too bad Soph still a bit boh geh, cannot chew pizza yet
biggrin.gif

Ivena,
I just went to NTUC this evening and checked the creams.
The blue cap one is D'Farmers while Bulla has a red cap.
But realised I didn't use thickened cream. I used Bulla Full Cream, which is in a plastic cup/tub like yoghurt. It's really thick, that's why I had to dilute with water.

huskie

I also jus add salt to the water when cooking pasta....didnt add in the oil...but i did toss it in oil after straining....maybe next time i try ur method...

I got the blue cap one from Cold Storage and I cant find it in NTUC for my second attempt....maybe not all NTUC sell the blue cap one....

Annlee, so qiao!!! My prev gynae is Dr Chan, he's really gd ya? But really too exp liao.
sad.gif
Actually I still in dilemma if I shd go back to him leh.

Choc, I usu use pork ribs and oyster sauce as seasoning for mee hoon. Yup, I read that article and stopped taking peanuts after that.

Huskie, so impt to have gd aneasthetist hor???

Twinkle, thanks for the name
happy.gif
How's your DS?

Cookie, CONGRATS!!!

Annlee, so qiao!!! My prev gynae is Dr Chan, he's really gd ya? But really too exp liao.
sad.gif
Actually I still in dilemma if I shd go back to him leh.

Choc, I usu use pork ribs and oyster sauce as seasoning for mee hoon. Yup, I read that article and stopped taking peanuts after that.

Huskie, so impt to have gd aneasthetist hor???

Twinkle, thanks for the name
happy.gif
How's your DS?

Cookie, CONGRATS!!!

Hi All

So much about cabonara sphagetti,so tempted to cook it but I still yet to buy the p.mushroom.

Umbrella stroller
I just lost my umbrella stroller on national day.My 3 year old boy is still sitting on a stroller when I bring him out...Anyone know where I can get value for money stroller...really do not know when he will really call it quit....

Dinner
What are you gals cooking?Today me no cooking and will be going to toni romas for dinner....

<font color="ff0000">Received SMS from annlee that she has popped last night!
She opted for GA, everything is fine and she didn't feel much pain yet
happy.gif

Congrats!!!!</font>

Gig,
Yeah, anaesthesist is so impt... haha, imagine my friend had difficulty waking up cos her trainee one administered too much *faintz*

Hey, thought you've already started with your new gynae yeah? Still thinking of going back to Dr. Chan?

Ivena,
Yeah, not all NTUCs stock D'Farmers. I saw it at Fairprice Finest, maybe that's why they have.
You can try the Bulla Full Cream... I like it
happy.gif

Joy,
I just bought a Maclaren Volo from Baby Avenue for $158 about 3 weeks ago when they were having a special offer. I like it cos the seat is made of mesh material... very cooling for Soph esp. since I walk around the neighbourhood most of the time and don't drive. She loves it too... always climbing in there and asking me to take her out.

What are you girls cooking today?
I made annlee's baked rice for lunch, but instead of using Campbell, I just used my leftover chicken stew sauce. Didn't bake till cheese brown cos sfraid too heaty... took it out of toaster oven when it has just melted.

No idea what to make for dinner... maybe just an old cucumber sparerib stew cos so lazy to cook more
happy.gif

tks all , he is well now but mummy is down. tday on MC liao.

Ann, dun know u still hv my no. or not text me ok when deliver.

Choc, ds dun take garlic oil leh. i must let him start his vit C again. this mummy too lazy at times.

Dinner??? maybe just simple veg and fishcake stuff. I bought fei xiong fishcake yday. i like their fishcake beancurd.

Annlee

Congrats

Huskie
What is the weight limit for the stroller that u bought?

Wow, so much about anaesthesis,I never know how is it like cos I only using laughing guest for both kids...

What are you mum doing today?
Am supervising my gal to finish her chinese compo within forty mins ,go thr some of her assessment work and will go jalan...I cannot stay at home too long to see what my maid is doing...at times, I would rather hang around outside then to come home and see the maid.....

Annlee

Congrats

mummies, anyone has any idea for teacher day's celebration? Seen many stationary stuff in stores.

Annlee, CONGRATS!!!
happy.gif

Huskie, currently gynae doesn’t have any package to tie me down and Dr Chan only started his package at 20weeks so still in time to switch if I want.

Joy, you just got new maid?

CONGRATS ANNLEE!

Hey twinkle,
was thinking about teacher's day gift too. Maybe will go ikea to check out the flower vases, some quite cheap.. of cos, the excuse is to go there to feast on the fried chix wings.. hehe..

Joy,
Me too, supervising my dd1.. got to prepare her for exams soon.. cos i'll pop when it's exam time
sad.gif

Get what you mean.. staying at home and face the maid can be challenging at times. Sometimes when my sis helper comes over and i see her black face, i also scared!

Husk,
How about drinking coconut water once in a while? Will it be too liang for your body ?

Today's pizza was ok, girls had fun decorating the pizza.. but ds didn't enjoy it much.. ate all the toppings and called it quits!

Giggler

My maid has been with me for five months.Due to her last background as in working in coffee shop in malaysia, I scared of her....too much exposure....

Choc06
Ya, its better to prepare in advance and do revision when nearer exam. I make the mistake in letting my dd too lax for her math during her SA1,thus did not do very well...anyway, have learnt my lesson well....

CabonARA

Can I just check,eggs is added for all cabonara?

good morning all

Huskie
I just tried out the cabonara sphagetti...guess what,my picky hubby said the taste lack a very crucial spice...anyone can enlighten me?

The problem with cooking is hubby very particular and I always end up very demoralising esp first time trying out a new dish....Everyone is the house find no fault in a dish but him...sigh.....

What you mum doing today?

Joy, coffee shop in Msia? Then she must know lots of stuff. Same here leh, I seldom cook if hb is coming back for meals cos he super picky, everything also dun eat and not nice to him. I only cook for the kids lah. Hhehee.....

Hi Giggler

You are right,koptiam in malaysia....if I have known that, will never hire her as too much exposure already.

I usually get my maid to cook for kids as they dont eat much. I will only cook when hubby is in town.

Maybe hubby has tried all the good food everywhere and thus tend to be picky....Am one that prefer to cook for everyone rather than just cook for the kids...as HE need to eat too...so tried to improve my cooking over the years....

Hi Joy,
Wah, your hb has high standards. I also tried the recipe and my hb says v good and wants to eat it again during weekends. I went to the website www.foodnetwork.com to do a search. I think the missing spice might be parsley.

Joy, my hb only like eggs and fried food leh, not suitable for kids. So it's very ma fan one to cook for the whole family.

Hi muffine

Yes, hubby very picky cos spoilt by all the class food onboard and his mum a great peranankan cook and that is why...at times, I can get very stress when I want to try on a new dish.....

Can you imagine, one dish cook by a friend, everyone says its nice but he said,not nice...

Parsley
Dont think its parsley.If put cheese, he will say the taste is too strong...so far, he think that the cabonara sphagetti in sphagetti is ok...

choc,

actually i m also gog to Ikea tmr. Gog to shop for my sauce and spice rack. just renovated my kitchen so now need new items.

Joy,
the spice could it be corainder?

twinkle starry
Thanks..think I will just give up....

Hey, any lady here care to share the tie ban toufu full recipe?I still yet to get it right...thanks

Hi All

So quiet , where are all of you...

BF
Hey, can check with you ladies, my friend who has bf her gal for 1.5 years and stopped for 1.5 year already. On and off, she still has a bit gorge and a bit of milk flow when pressed, is this normal?How to ensure that there is total no milk flow after stopped bf for 1.5 years.thanks

Hi joy

didnt ever try to cook tieban tofu so cant share the recipe with u....however e other day i tried to make fried tofu fingers...not quite successful cos i find e seasoning not enough...but my guest find tt its nice...heres e recipe if u wanna try.

Fried tofu fingers

Ingredients :

3 pieces of firm tofu- mashed finely
1 cup of shrimp - finely chopped
Half carrot - finely chopped
2 spring onions - finely chopped
a small bunch of cilantro/coriander - finely chopped
1 red chili - finely chopped
2 tbsp of corn flour
1 egg
1/2 tsp of sesame oil
1 tbsp of oyster sauce
2 tbsp of soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste

1) Oil a square baking pan and mixed all the above ingredients really well. Put the mixture into the pan and press it firmly.
2) Steam for 20 min, set aside to cool completely and then chill it in the fridge for a couple of hours before cutting into it.

For frying :

1 egg - beaten
some corn flour for dredging
2 tbsp of sesame seeds
a few pieces of nori sheets - cut into 1" strips

1) Cut the tofu into 1" x 2" pieces. Wrap the nori sheet around the middle of the tofu pieces.
2) Mixed the sesame seeds with corn flour.
3) Dip the tofu pieces into the beaten egg, then coat it with the corn flour and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.

I replace the carrot with water chestnut.

Joy,
So sorry to hear that your hubby didn't appreicate your carbonara... think he's probably had the authentic ones overseas.
Anyway, read that the real original carbonara in Italy does not use cream... the cream version is from USA.

muffin,
I also love foodnetwork.com
happy.gif

My fav website for recipes!

Choc,
You popped liao issit?

Ivena,
Thanks for tofu recipe... sounds yummy, but I'm so lazy to fry stuff!

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the wishes...

Am here to say hi to all of you, me and bb are doing well. Now still abit blur, will be here more often when getting better.
happy.gif

hello all,

huskie,
heehee.. i haven't pop leh.. wish i could, but now only 32 weeks! Went to see gyn on monday, haiz.. bb on the small side.. so, resting and eating MAO SHAN WANG!!
Think it's attributed to carrying my ds, who has been extremely sticky these days.. worse than no.1 when I was expecting no.2

Did a cabonara on monday, was very creamy until dd1 complained.. but i liked it ;)
Made a kow kee soup with mee sua today..

Joy, ya.. it's normal to have bit of milk flowing out br even aft 2 yrs..

Wow! tie ban tofu very difficult to make leh.. got recipe i also want

Back