Confinement Lady- Day

Hi mom to be,
i like to recommend my confinement lady from m'sia with 20 years experience. Apart from the normal confinement service that she provides, she also teach confinement services. The charges is $500 for 7 days of training.

The training includes:
- Baby Care (bathing, massage, feeding, etc)
- Hygiene
- Culinary skills (cooking of confinement food, red dates tea)
- Herbal knowledge

This service is good for those who do not want to hire a confinement nanny or do not want their privacy to be interupt by an outsider. She will teach your family members or maid who will be cooking and taking care of baby. This service can be arranged anytime during your pregnancy (provided that she is not doing any assignment). If after the training, you are still unsure of the things taught, can still call her for queries.

Those who are interested can email me at [email protected] or PM me. Thanks

hi all,

i will like to check how early need to look for confinement lady? i want get confinement lady for whole day for 2 mth.

Hi, I would like to recommend my cl fm malaysia. she is Meilian, late 40s, has 10 over years of experience. She is gentle and patience will bb. she loves kids. she takes care of my bb very well and cooks very nice food for me. she boils me lots of tonics as well. she is responsible, clean and knowledable. her number is: +601 76355077 or 83065400 (when she is in SG).

Hi all, I'm a FTM2B and have been a reader of this forum since oct and hv learnt alot frm all the mummies here!

my edd is 7 june 2010 and would like to look for a good confinement lady who can stay with me.

I'm realli inexperience in this area and would realli appreciate if all the mummies here can share their experience on how to look for a good confinement lady i.e. what kinda questions i shd ask when i 'interview' her, what kinda stuff to look out, etc.

tho i know the mkt rate is around 2k, but i'm hoping if i can find one thts ard 1.8k (i wouldn't mind if its even lower! :p)

Also if the mummies here could share about other cost involved other than the CL fees, ie. confinement food, angbao to CL, etc. to better plan for my budget.

Hi

I on my confinement now and using GPLS. They are ok. GPLS rate is $1850, $30 angbao upon CL's arrival on 1st day and $60 upon CL's departure.

My CL looks after my baby whole day (feeding, bath, change diapers) cooks & prepare herbal soup, herbal bath, do laundry, clean the floor.
Mine is the 2nd CL cause the 1st one fall sick and they replaced.

We like the 2nd CL more though the 1st was fine in baby care.
2nd CL Auntie Ah Yap is soft spoken, understanding and take good care of our baby even better than the 1st. She gives lots of advice on baby care to me and hubby.
You can request for Auntie Yap but it depends whether she is available and able to fit in to your timing.

Hi ladies,

My auntie, Irene, is an experienced confinement nanny. She is very caring and can cook very well. If anyone of you need a great helper, pls contact her at 8150 4133 or +6019 7070 897. Thank you.

Hi all

I am looking for a confinement nanny. I need her help on begin of June. My expected price is around $1800. And, of course she is a good, helpful and caring person. Anyone if have any good recommendation, can you please email to me [email protected].

Thanks.

hii...to all the mummy, i have a good recommendation of confinement lady, named antie Ling. she has 10 years experience in this field and she is malaysian. i get this recomemdation from my frend. In actual, she worked for me last few month and also my brother's wife. she really did a good job. with her help, i have a very relax confinement period. she has good herbal knowledge and thus she has a good culinary skills. the foods all taste nice and provide you healthy dietary.she also take good care of my baby very well and help in day time house clenning.even her price is a bit costly, around
$2000, but is worthy for value.if anyone interested on her, Please email to her email address: [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no hard feelings, a man med can be another mans poison.

Same as per you, i was recommend by my fren of how good Auntie Lian is which i myself had approach her during my 1st baby and was somehow ask with lots of irrelevant question if i am staying in a landed property?, Do i have i have maids? Is this my first baby? and etc....

It didn't really came to my mind what all these question might lead to after when i mention that i am not living in a landed property, no maids, first baby and staying with in-laws. I was turn down without even telling her when is my ETD date! Somehow i was referred with another nanny whom she proclaim as her relative who has years of experiences. being new & without much thoug, she took my number & was referred to another nanny who called me shortly & without much hastatation, i booked her which she did came on my first day of my confinement. She did reveal that Auntie Lian is no relative of her which she is being charge like a recommended agent fee for every service being referred. Feeling very cheated but without much strength & exhaustion, that was put at the back of my mind. Eventually the nanny was a green horn who is very rough in handling my baby & when my baby vomited during his sleep, the nanny does not even bother to change the wet cloths & still claim that is it okie to leave it in that manner, Cos it gonna be dry anyway! She does not even knw how to process the fish maw. Worse cames when she give her own concoction for my baby who had jaundices. That was the last draw that really freak me out when i sack her after 3 days.

All these famous nanny are always picky in choosing their clientele & will only work for those that are rich or with helper where they are being ease with lesser workload. Worse where they recommended anyone who they claim to be their relative and in actual fact they take a cut in the profit for any recommendation. I somehow feel that it is not very ethical and especially straining for mummies who jus gave birth.

Now preggy with my second baby, i am very hesitant & in a dilemma to consider a nanny again or to order tingkat..

Hi,
I am looking for a day time confinement lady or one who just delivers me food everyday for one month( lunch n dinner) . No need washing or taking care of bb. Please email me at [email protected] if u have any good nannies to recommend. My Edd is 19march. Thanks!

Dear All
We are looking for day confinement lady for July 2010. Any recommendation from anyone? This is our first born, so a bit worry. Thanks

Hi Joyce n anyone else who is looking for cl,

my mum is a cl with ard 18 years experience in this line, who works in Singapore most of the time although we r Malaysian. If u r interested to engage her service or just to know more, pls feel free to email me at [email protected]. My mum can meet up wit u personally for more details! No obligation..

Peggy ( mummy of my little 4 months old girl)

Hi I would like to recommend my confinement lady. I have used her twice, for my first and second child. She is Malaysian, cooks very well, at least for my taste, and is very confident and expert in handling babies. I feel she puts in a lot of effort and care in her cooking and caring for baby.

She is Auntie Chong 81535205, or her malaysian number at 01860167209255

hi ctw, does auntie chong help to do hsework n cook for ur hb/kids? is she clean? she encourage bf?

hi, all i have confinement lady to recommend too...she's great in everything, baby care, nice food, clean, can follow instruction easily, also help me to takecare my 1.5 years old boy,
easy going person, so can chit chat during my boring days at home he2....energetic as she's 50 only.....I got her from recommendation of one of the confinement lady in this forum.

her previous clients always seek her for second time ...she's still available on august, nov and dec this year

email/PM me for her contact, [email protected]

Hi, I am also having my confinement now and has found my wonderful confinement lady, Mei Lian through this forum, so would like to recommend her to all as a thank you gift for her. And also to help out those looking for a good confinement lady.

Mei Lian is very clean, hardworking, does all the house work and most importantly, patient and knowledgeable. She has good medical knowledge of baby and mother care (very important to me as I am a medical worker myself). She supports my total breastfeeding although it means her getting up more times in the night to pass baby to me, she is also hardworking in helping me wash pumping equipments etc and make great effort to cook food proven to increase milk supply.

She also takes care of my dogs! she walks then and clean up after them when they pee at home accidentally, without complaints. I can tell she loves them very much. Good for those with pets in the house!

I have helped increased her knowledge of breastfeeding by bringing her to my lactation consultant, so she is good at this area now.

Mei Lian is from Malaysia. You can contact her at 8306 5400 (singapore number, she is in singapore most of the time), if not, you can call her at +60176355077 (malaysia no.)

(I do not have any commission from this, just keen to share her good service) :)

All the best to all who are expecting !

Realise that it is always difficult to get the right person to do the confinement job. Most important is that confinement lady must have experience to take care of the baby and able to communicate well with the rest of the family members.

We want to recommend Auntie Chua from Malaysia, the confinement lady for my wife and many of my friends. She is experience and a very well cook. She was once a catering chef and can cook many delicious dishes. Recommend for vegetarian family too because she can also cook pure vegetarian foods.

She can speak many Chinese dialects but not very well in English. You may request her to cook for the dad too as she is not calculative and do not charge additional. However, she is scare of dog so not recommend for family with dog.

She charged $2000 for 28 days (old rate). Interest should contact her directly to book a date. She is contactable at +60166817280 (Malaysia no.).

Opp... we don’t earn commission. We recommend her because she has done a well-done job and we all very satisfied with her service.

Hi

I'm one of the June thread's mummies... Wld like to recommend my confinement lady to u guys if u r interested as I'm very well taken care of by her. She is looking for Sept/Oct assignments, hence, wld like to help her since she's good. Do pm me if interested Thanks.

hi friends...can you drop me an email or your contact no? i m due in sept...would like to understand more on the confinement lady

haha ... for me, Quality of a Good Confinement Lady:
1. Caring to both mother, baby and extended to the whole family
2. Ability to "tahan" the night shift (BB feeding, pampers changing etc)
3. Cook healthy quality meals for mother and the whole family.

I just delivered to my 2nd baby. I used a confinement lady from malaka, her name is
Auntie Shen Ping... and recommend her cause she is really value for money ...
(means you pay RM 1 to get RM 3 worth of service ler ... )

For more details, how she looks, photos of her food
visit: http://malaysiawills.blogspot.com/2010/07/vblog-26healthy-confinement.html

ps: I am the founder of http://www.malaysiawills.com and immediately after delivery, I need to
periodically work (from my laptop) and having a good confinement lady really helps a lot a lot...

Blacklist Confinement Nanny - PAY SIEW HUAY
Please do NOT hire this confinement nanny named PAY SIEW HUAY (Siew Wah) from malaysia. She has a bad attitude, rude, lazy and is very rough with the baby. Totally unprofessional and not properly trained. Being in confinement, I've fallen sick several times and had diarrhoea 3 times. Had terrible engorgement due to her untrained advice on breastfeeding. Her method of looking after baby and mother is just not right and not in today's context, too much myth and etc. Messed up my whole house and kitchen is so dirty, she doesn't clean up after cooking. Unhygienic with food and etc. She has done uncountable unprofessional, harmful and horrible things. She also use and feed certain chinese medication on the baby without my permission and knowledge. Here are just a few things I am mentioning, but there're so much more to what she has done that is unbelievable and totally uncalled for. To cut the whole story short, please just do not take this risk to hire her or you'll regret and have the most stressful confinement month with sleepless nights worrying about the baby and yourself as I had this extremely bad experience with her and I'll definitely not hire her for my next baby in future.

Hi, I am a Singaporean currently living in New York City expecting our first child in Jan 2011. Does anyone knows of any good and reliable Confinement lady that is willing to travel to the States?

Thank you.

Hi all Mummies

I have a well-received confinement nanny to recommend.

Auntie Susan is a Singaporean. She can cook all kinds of Confinement food(Herbal Soup, Zhu Jiao Chu, Ji Jiu....etc), very nice!!!

This is just a recommentation to you all as she is really good, if you're interested,you can reach her at 90309194.

I would like to warn everyone here of another CL. She is Yap Kim Choo (Ye Jin Zhu) from Johor.

As I am expecting twins, I decided to get a CL for 2 months. This CL was recommended by my sister's former colleagues and thus we trust that she must be quite okay. My husband talked to her on several occassions and the night before she was to collect deposit from us, we were still asking her to lay down her conditions or voice out her concerns.

1) She told us she cannot help with the household chores bcos of the 2 babies. We agreed. My husband told her her job is to take care of the children and mother.

2) She said she must go back to johor for CNY from the reunion dinner and will be back on the 2nd day of CNY. She will not compensate us for the 3 days

After much thought, we agreed as it won't be easy to get a CL during CNY period.

On the day of collection, out of kindness, I directed her to my husband's office near Raffles Place MRT station instead of coming to my place which is not accessible by train. Upon the collection of deposit, she told my husband that she needs to be back on every 14 days to have her passport stamped as this has been her practice for many years. She will stay overnight and come back the next morning.

When my husband called me up to tell me this, I jumped at the news. How can she be away so frequently when the purpose of hiring her is to bring convenience to us. She would be away for about 1 week for the 8 weeks we hire her!

I tried contacting her but to no avail and it was about in the evening when we managed to contact her. We asked her why she must go back every 14 days and she said that it is her practice. If she doesn't, the immigration officer might be suspicious. She does not want to 'jeopardise' her career. When we told her it is not necessary as we have checked with the immigration department, she answered that it will be unwise if she cannot come out to S'pore just because of us! She insisted that if we cannot cope at night, she would still have her passport stamped but will loiter around for a while before coming back.

After speaking for a while, I decided that she is not someone who is considerate. I told her that as this is a last minute condition by her which we did not agree, I would like to end this employment. Initially, she refused to return us the 400 deposit. After a while, she agreed to return us 200. She agreed to meet my husband a few days later to return the money. We did not want to blow things up, thus we agreed to the arrangement.

A day before the day she was to come, her friend called and said that she would not return the money as it was us who did not employ her. No matter what we say, she refused to return the money. When we finally spoke to the CL, she said it was her hardearned money!!! We told her off and said that that was our money and if she thinks that she is at peace with taking our money, and going back on her words, we will expose her bad conduct and behaviour on the forums and will tell my sis's colleagues. We ended by telling her that it is a blessing that we do not hire such a person like her!!!

So, all mothers to be, beware of this person by the name of YAP KIM CHOO (Ye JIn Zhu) from Johor. Her number is 012-7245665. If she can do this to us, I am sure she is not the kind of CL you want to hire.

Hi

I thought i share this ...

I just finished my confiment and had a very good confirment lady (Aunty Yue Fen).

I even extended her for 2 more weeks.

This is my second child, my first child i engaged a CFL as well but it was a terrible experience. Hence, this time i was also skeptical when i was recommended to this CF aunty.

So i was extremely glad that i had this aunty this time round.

She has many years of experience, very patient and loving with my daughter. First few days she is with me, she takes the time to observe my daughter to see how she can best take care of her, and she learns very fast. She cooks very yummy food (my first confirment i had horrible food and i didnt know confirment food can actually taste nice ...) and most important my family all like her very much and she is hygenic!

She has a very pleasent character, very helpful and responsible. when looking after baby, she doesnt on her hp or pick her hp so that she wont be distracted.

If any one is interested you can contact her at 65 8375 6048 (SG) or her house at 0207-6522606 (MSA). (but as i say if she is looking after baby her hp might be off or she doesnt pick up, so u might want to leave a message instead so that she can revert)

Cheers!

Hi all, please beware of CL auntie Kiew. I'm currently engaging her as my CL and so far the experience is very bad. I hope to share my experience here so nobody will continue to employ her. She is not fit to be in this line.

She claimed that she has 5 years experience as CL but she doesn't cook the traditional confinement dishes.

Has anybody heard of eating fried bee hoon or fried rice during confinement? Has anybody heard of drink leftover soup from the night before for confinement? No! And when my MIL confronted her of such absurdities, she was very defensive and claimed that what she cooks, I should just eat. She also said that others before me also just eat whatever.

Not only that, she is very stubborn and refuses to listen to others opinion. When we specifically told her not to add such and such ingredients into my confinement food, she still put. When we confronted her, she claimed it is ok and refused to just follow our ways.

She is also very sneaky when it comes to money. Can you imagine, so far we have spent close to $400 on food marketing when it is only day 8 into my confinement.
Day 1: She went with my husband to get some groceries from ntuc as market was closed. Not sure how much she spent.
Day 3: She used up close to $150 to buy 1 week of food.
Day 6: she claimed that the food can only last a day more so she needs to go to market. When asked,"Haven't you already bought a week of food the other day?" she claimed that because I requested her to cook hearty breakfast and lunch so now not enough food. So I gave my sis-in-law $300 to accompany her. In d end she used close to $200. When I asked her what she bought, she just said, fish, meat, and vege. I asked her how long the food can last. She said about 6 days. I wonder how come food for 1 person for 6 days can chalk up $200? She still said fish not enough need to buy somemore in 2 days' time?!!?

When my MIL asked her about the bills, she grew very aggressive and heated argument with my MIL. If she has clear conscience, she would have just told outright exactly what she bought...

She is also very lazy just want to do things easy way. When I first suggested use cloth nappy for my boy she gave many excuses, say poo will cause bum to rot la, diff to wash the stain off cloth nappy la, etc etc. So we ended up using disposable diapers. But my MIL wanted me to insist she use cloth diapers so I told her to use. She gave me a black face. Even then, she doesn't check on baby regularly to monitor poo or pee. I always have to check and then tell her myself. She doesn't wash up the dirty cloth nappy immediately or even when she has time. She will soak to the next day afternoon to do the washing. Sometimes she will just throw in the nappy together w my laundry into the washing machine, no doubt to have easier job...

Other cLs will cook hot soupy food for breakfast and confinement set meal for lunch and dinner. But she expects me to eat bread and milo or cereal for breakfast. And lunch she will cook one dish of friend rice or bee hoon, or just a soupy noodle dish. No doubt easy job for her, but hardly confinement food...

So pls beware of employing her. She is a glib talker but doesn't do as much as she talks. Now I have to send her back and look for other plans, barely a week into my confinement. Pls dun walk in my shoes...

Dear all new mummies

There are so many CL out there that not each one of them are suitable for everyone.

The following are two CL which I have personally experience and like to share with all of you.

Example A-CL who just do normal confinement, counting down her last day to take your 2K then faster faster (balik kampong) go back to her village.

Example B-CL who not only just do confinement, she is very helpful, very knowledgeable, and also very good cook, and yet, she also charge only 2K.

As for example B-CL, I really appreciate her effort and at the end of the day, I gave her a very big red packet, and will get her to do my next confinement for my bb no. 2.

Hi Charm Baby

Have you found your CL? If not I have one to recommend to you, and if you are interested pls call me at my house no. 6892-9981.

Dear all

My MIL is one of the famous 3 sister confinement nanny from Malaysia-Pahang.

With more than 30 years of experience, a good cook, good knowledge of tonic soup and herbal drink, handle baby very well and even give baby massage, she even help mother to massage their breast before breast feeding, and can recommend very good and cheap massage lady to do whole body massage for mother to get back their shape.

My MIL also do oversea confinement.

Interested pls contact me for my MIL, her name is Aunty Chan Yee at, pls dial direct from singapore to malaysia at 02-019-9803181(HP) or 02-092-407613(R).

Or can also email me at [email protected]

Hi dear mummies can u guy give mi advise .
Does the confinement wash your panty ? As she don't want to wash n pass it to my maid ( as organize she wash all mine one n bb ones ) and the breast pump in the middle of the night who shld wash it ? I shld wake her up or maid ? And seen that she is not waking up every three hrs in the midnight she said my bb slp no need wake him up. My confinment lady so automatic ask my maid to turn on tv for her and even ask my maid to drink the soup n eat whatever my maid want ! She nv tell me what can do or what cannot do all is I ask her want. I on the 3rd days I've bath Liao . She boil the herb for me . And wash hair tell me after 1mth. I at hm use fan use aircon she also nv say anything . Pls advise which one is correct which one is wrong.

Anyone thinking of a day confinement lady? I would not recommend Aunty Choo, who stays at Aljunied. She is defensive when given feedback on her cooking and does not look after baby at all. After cooking she would stay in the kitchen and my maid ended up with feeding baby every feeding time. She also asked for 1-hour lunch time. Her fee is $1850 for 28 days; 9am to 5pm. For this amount, I would expect better attitude, and definitely more care shown toward my baby.

I found a confinement AUNTY call " HAO YEE " that i am using right now till 8th nov ( thinking extending her ) she is very very very GOOOOOOOOOODDDDdd!!!

she look after my son.. whenever my son never sleep she reli never sleep too.. cause in the middle of the night i pump milk the timing is different from my baby i wake up as I pump as i want .. so whenever i wake up i saw her open her eye .. guess you guys know some confinement lady or our maid would close her eye while sitting down patting or etc.. but she indeed never sleep at all !!

and we saw her kiss our son , talk to him.. like own grandson... how wish she is my in law or mom ..hehe..

one more thing is my son drink milk very very often ... and i am brestfeeding .. but is only pump out .. she also wash my pump thru out the midnight .. as i said i pump milk my timing is dunno want.. i pump as i want ..

and she is modern type ..not tradition type..
she have many many year experience ( from what i saw her passport ) other people keep extending her .
She this december looking after twin..
i ask her to feed my baby milk powder in the middle of the night but she didnt do that .. ( as milk powder can sleep last longer than breastmilk but she say to me nevermind la.. if my breastmilk alot then just let my son drink it . she not lazy at all

Compare to the first 7 days the confinement lady that i hire call " FONG JIE " cannot compare at all.

pm me if you need her contact
happy.gif

Hi to all mothers out there who is looking for a good confinement lady. Lan Jie was with us for 2 months and I will highly recommend her to anyone who needs someone to look after the baby day and night, cooks nice confinement food and soup to maintain supply of breastmilk, and at the same time do all the housework.

She left us yesterday for another assignment and we are already feeling the loss. End of uninterrupted sleep in the night for my husband now and no one to bottle feed baby at night.

This is what she does on a daily basis. She usually wakes up at 7am, starts to prepare the soup of the day, cleaning up the house, and making red date tea. Depending on what u asked for, breakfast will be placed at the table when u wakes up, for me will be 2 hard boiled egg and chicken essence and occasionally mee suah w meat. After that, she will bathe the baby, play with him and feed him if needed. Subsequently, she will start to prepare lunch for the family. Dinner will also be served, usually 2 dish and one soup. During the night, she will ask if I will want to latch on the baby or bottle feed him, and of course the latter will be done by her while i will take a breather to express my breastmilk. As for my husband, it's honeymoon period for him as he will not need to wake up in the middle of the night to feed him while i express milk.

She bonds very well with the baby and look after him like her own. And she actually cried before she left us and we were all feeling very emotional. I must say unknowingly she has become part of the family and thinking of which we have taken her for granted when she was around and life have been so much easier for us.

She was such a great cook, especially her fried chicken i must say is better than KFC and my husband loves it! As i'm not into traditional confinement food, she will cater the menu based on my preference, i.e. steam fish, vegetable, chicken, and most importantly fish and payaya soup which have been helping me maintain my breast milk supply. Everyday i will get 2-3 serving of soup, day and night will be different.

She works independently and will proactively help with housework without you asking. She is very dependable and responsible. If she promise to take up your assignment, she will definitely turn up and without you having to place a deposit. We had initially wanted to extend her for the third month but due to prior engagement, she has to turn us down.

I guess we were really lucky to have her with us and it's really through twisted fate that we end up with her as we had previously place a deposit for another confinement lady called Liqing who took out deposit but in the end she recommended someone else to replace her. She was also recommended by the forum and seems like others have similar experience with her. So it's really a blessing in disguise.

So if you will like to book her service, please contact Lan Jie directly at 8367 8380 or msia number at +60173930801. She is currently in SG and i think she's booked till March. We might also ask her back to work in Jan when we hire a new helper to train her.

And trust me, initially i refused to get a confinement lady as i think we can manage ownselves and it's not convenient to have a stranger staying with us but my husband insist on having one. Guess he kinda pre-empted that I will not be able to manage and for this time, I must say it was the right decision to make.

I guess this is the least we can do for her, to advertise her service in return for being such a great help. We will really miss her and hope she will also get good assignments with great families to work with.

Cheers!

Hi, I am new at singapore motherhood, I am aged 45, and I have 5 years experience in confinement in singapore. Fore anyone who are interested with me, you can contact me personally through my email, [email protected]. Mobile contact: +60143409497.

Back