Confinement Catering

Hi mummies, I will be ordering my confinement food. Any recommendation? I did a search and these are the following caterer that provided confinement food.

1) Chili Padi
2) Confinement Food
3) Confinement Meals
4) Natal Essentials
5) New Baby
6) Thomson Baby

Should I op for 21 days or 28 days?
Should I order lunch and dinner from the same caterer? OR Should I order lunch from 1 caterer and dinner from another? OR Should I just order 1 meal and share?

Thanks

if u intend to get new baby or Thomson , I have discount voucher to let go. I tried new baby package on jan 14. not bad, but some food a bit oily, still can request less oil. I tried the trial for natal but the pig liver was not nice, very smelly. red date drink was bitter. not sure is it trial, that's y gave me bad quality.

I am doing my confinement nw. Very happy with chilli padi food. Portions are big enough to share with my mum and dinner with hubby.

I've ordered from New Baby 3 times now, and I enjoy their food. Portions are pretty large (for me at least). So when I ordered both lunch & dinner with baby no.1, hubby shared my food (don't recommend that cos he ended up with a nose bleed :p), changed to ordering just lunch for baby 2 and 3, and split the food between lunch and dinner.
I enjoy the soups and they can customise for you (I ordered with no organs)

I've ordered from New Baby 3 times now, and I enjoy their food. Portions are pretty large (for me at least). So when I ordered both lunch & dinner with baby no.1, hubby shared my food (don't recommend that cos he ended up with a nose bleed :p), changed to ordering just lunch for baby 2 and 3, and split the food between lunch and dinner.
I enjoy the soups and they can customise for you (I ordered with no organs)
din u use any coupon to enjoy discount?

Hi.. I be ordering from Chili Padi.. like their flexibility.. you can choose the days that you do not want them to deliver the food.. unlike Thomson...

Love natal essentials. Tried richfood.sg for #2, then decided to try a different caterer for #3, googled and found natal essentials. Ordered their trial meal, found their food flavourful and portions are large so decided to go for them. No regrets.

I'm going to engage Richfood Catering starting on 12 sept. 20 days lunch for 530sgd (inclusive of early bird discount). will update later on :)

Seems like no one engage Thomson confinement food except me...anyone with any review?

Last edited:
I had Thomson baby confinement food, 28-day lunch only coz I really enjoyed the food during my stay at TMC.

Positives:
- food is good tasting
- around same time delivery every day (11+am) by same person
- food is always warm
- lots of rice, big portions
- delicious soup with every meal
- flexible. I asked for weekday deliveries only, and also postpone delivery a few times.
- the red date & logan drink is piping hot and very yummy

Negatives
- I got bored of the food after 2 weeks, even though the menu has alot of variety. I'm not sure if it's just me being a picky eater. There was one week I had chicken every day (chicken with alot of bones, I don't like).
- some days I don't enjoy the food (eg. baked pumpkin, some fish dishes are too bland/fishy) but usually it's just one dish (out of 2 dish, 1 soup)
- the thermos is a bit difficult to open some times
- it's a little pricey at $43 per meal, but it's predictability, sustenance and convenience.

You can get 10% discount if you sign up as a TMC member (you can, even if you are not delivering at TMC) for $60 and enjoy a host of privileges - http://www.thomsonmedical.com/firstsubsequent-born-incentives

Attachments

• TMCFOOD_v3_menu & TC-1.pdf
    38.9 KB · Views: 368
I'm going to engage Richfood Catering starting on 12 sept. 20 days lunch for 530sgd (inclusive of early bird discount). will update later on :)

hi, any update on richfood? I am still deciding between natal essentials & richfood. I have the TMC card but saw lotsa -ve reviews for thomson baby confinement food.. :(

ELKEN - LD VENUS - Discover the secret of hapiness after childbirth

1 Box - 20 botols - S$ 80

Buy 12 Box - S$ 840

- Benefit to women after childbirth
- Help to improve women's health
- Improve blood circulation and restore 'qi'

PM or SMS 8587 8989
Delivery to any MRT Station

Attachments

• ld-venus-700x700[1].jpg
    ld-venus-700x700[1].jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 310
  • venus 2[1].jpg
    venus 2[1].jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 330
hi, any update on richfood? I am still deciding between natal essentials & richfood. I have the TMC card but saw lotsa -ve reviews for thomson baby confinement food.. :(

I tried both richfood and natal essentials as I ordered 14 days richfood and 14 days natal essentials, I prefer natal essentials as the food tasted better and seems to be of better quality, portion is also larger.

I had natal essential for my 3 preggy. I like their food and they have both soup and red dates drink. The portion is big to be share with hubby or mother. You can call them to postpone a meal if you decide to go out for meal instead - need to give 1 day notice. I am a repeated customer so I have discounts. However, they also have early bird discount if you are keen. Took 20 days of both lunch and dinner.

Back