deerdeer, i have decide not to place my son in cherie heart at serangoon because i afraid i will change job...
However, i hear quite good feedback of this cherie heart from another mummy.

hehehe
happy.gif
ok .. thanks for the update
happy.gif
me think will put there..
happy.gif
signing her up these few days.. but quite ex I realise.

hi mummies, im also considering cherie hearts. The one at anchorvale cc is fully booked and i'm on waiting list. Am looking at the other branch at S'goon (abv Sheng Siong). Anyone has comments about this branch?... their teachers, curriculum, etc. I'll be visiting them to have a look next week.

Hi deerdeerr,
Mind sharing your experience with Cherie Hearts at Serangoon North? Am pregnant currently, intend to place my kids there after my maternity leave. Oh ya, and how's their charges like?

My kids are in Cherie Hearts Jansen. But they are shifting to Brighton Crescent (along Yio Chu Kang Road) in Sep. Teachers there are nice and attentive. You should pop in to take a look.

exchinoke,
CH KK was great the first few months but then all the wonderful teachers started to resign. So i have no views of the current ones cos, already pulled my girl out.

personally, i think its v subjective. i like ch. the v small n nice home feel at jln layang is conducive for my v energetic boy who has v short attn span. teacher's attn is v gd since its a small set up. i heard many kids comes from childcare ard tt area with big groups tt can't cope with so many kids since shortage of teachers seems to be everywhere (as i've read in most forums.. MMI,Carpe,Kinderland etc). kids are often left alone in those centres that hv big class size. so small group is safer lor. can monitor child's progress. if u like bigger group, i heard cashew is not too far away. no change of teachers for the entire year but for me, i prefer small group. v personalized & homely. they're having open hse promo.

Hi all mummies,

Great to find this thread
happy.gif
My son just started Cherie Hearts in WL 877.

Hmm... Reason why i put him there I would say is becos of the price & the enrichment program they have from IcanRead. There is also a school bus uncle very friendly who will fetch my son to school
happy.gif

Just like to ask is there any mummy who had cherie hearts uniform that your kids had outgrown them that you will like to pass it on
happy.gif

Please do PM me
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

My daughter (21mths) just started Cherie Hearts in Limau Garden. I am quite worried as she expresses that someone "slapped" her. She's still unable to talk sensibly and she seems to be upset about it. There's no physical evidence when I checked on her.

To avoid jumping into conclusion, I've just google for comments and to my horror, there was someone who posted that one of the teachers actually slapped the kids.

Does anyone has any experience? I'm ok with her crying but if she's being slapped, I'm going to withdraw her immediately. Thanks. ^_^

Hi Mummies,

Anyone send their kids to CHERIE HEARTS PRESCHOOL PTE. LTD @KALLANG SECTOR ?

I am thinking of starting my son there for Playgroup. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi, any feedback on Cheri Hearts @ Charlton? Would also appreciate advise on the fees for 3hr playgroup etc. Cheers

Hi,last week my girl started full day in Cherie Hearts at Lorong Melayu. I am statisfied with their caring and friendly teachers and principal. So far she is adapting well but just worry she cant finished her meal in time as she is a slow eater and i can see she has lost slight weight. Any mummies have this same concern?

Hi Luvet raise ur concern to the principal, or teachers, ask them for feedback re: her eating at the end of the day, I did, have the same prob as ur gal, later the principal told me, she asked for seconds for the meal she liked.
I also insist on them feeding her milk before her nap, which u have to packed for her

Hi Lia, i did highlight my concern to principal and teachers, asked them to monitor her. Think i have to ask them everyday.
My girl almost has been feeding by teacher, she is a fassy eater and slow in chewing the food, we cant expect the teacher will feed her the whole meal session, some food she may not like it also. So she may not take enough for her lunch .
As for milk i packed for her but the centre only practice giving milk during snack time not before nap.
Usually when i fetch her i will let her take some snack, she can eat very fast and finished it.

hi Luvet
I think it is not a good practice to feed milk before nap, especially when your child just had lunch. Imagine, with full stomach, still have to drink milk?

I can understand why they did that . . .

When my boy was 22mths, I've enrolled him in one of Cherie Hearts centre . . . . they advised me the same.

At first I didn't believe them, so, I tried it out, giving my boy milk before nap (after lunch), and he had trouble sleeping . . . when he finally sleep, a bit of milk came out from his mouth. Then I realised that they are right.

Hi Luvet,
Yes I remember very well my girl also very hungry everytime i picked her up, I make sure I have snacks ready for her on the way back home.
That was the first time she is very impatient and excited to get some food.
I think told the teacher to make sure she had some milk when she doesn't eat her lunch, because she was getting sick quite often then.
My theory is because when she doesn't like the food and she doesn't eat, she cannot fight the germs.

Hi Winnie Poh, can't recommend infant care at Cecil, not very well organised, no activities, changing rules without considering what is best for the children and the management seems unclear on what to do and how to do it. Maybe this will change once they are around for longer. On the 18 months + section I can't comment.

Hi Vee

How do you know abt Cecil? You send your child there is it?

Both my sons were at one of their oldest centre, no problem. Teachers are caring and kind and patience.

I will be putting my baby girl to the same centre soon after chinese new year.

Both my sons have been with cherie hearts since they were 20mths, right upto K2.

BTW, I heard from distance relative (who is working at MCYS) that Cherie Hearts HQ has a lot of ex-mcys staff, and, even one of MCYS top brass officer is joining Cherie Hearts soon.

Perhaps with that, Cherie Hearts will serve their parents better?

Hi all,

Anyone's with Cherie Heart's infantcare prog & have kids in Serangoon North branch?

MTIA!

I have 1 set Cherie Hearts Uniform to give away.
Wear less than 5 times, size 30, pick up from Clementi.

Hi all, this dad of 19 month twins just found out about this thread.

I went to the branch @ chevrons just yesterday afternoon.

Met the senior teacher Sulyn (spelling?) and during the kids naptime.

Comments:
1) she quite friendly and willing to answer our question
2) fees are dam cheap compared to Kinderland, Learning Vision, MMI, caterpillar, TELC!
Just $380 for full day with $300 MCYS subsidy.
but they say may go up soon 8-(
3) got rooms for each class eg PG1/PG2/N1/N2 but did not get to see much cos all the kids were sleeping
4) noticed that some of the older kids (K1/K2 i think) were actually sleeping in one corner (not one of the rooms) on mattresses. Some were constantly trying to cover themselves cos it was very cold!
=> Quite shocked to see this! Seems like there is not enough space for all the kids in the rooms?
5) there was a china lady using a vacuum to vacuum the common areas.
=> It was dam noisy as we would hardly here Ms Sulyn speak. We are wondering how the poor kids were able to sleep?!
6) got a small room for the kids to use computers (4 if i heard her correctly)
=> which is good
7) the teachers are diploma level only, none with degree
8) an auntie helps to bathe the kids in the morning. PGs both boys and girls line up to bathe but not together. separation by gender during bathtimes only from N1 onwards. teachers will help with the bathing from afternoon after the auntie leaves
=> not very comfortable with an aunties doing the bath, prefer the teachers to do it
9) outdoor area quite small and no grass, outdoor equipment looks old
10) cooking done on site by 1 or 2 aunties (cannot remember)
11) got bus transport to fetch kids to and from there, but we found it was actually the same company that handles transport for some Kinderland branches hahaha!

Conclusion: none yet as we did not see the kids and teachers in action. Will try to go again soon. Fees cheap but the naptime thingy did scare us a little.

Any other reviews on this place mums and dads?

Hi, anyone with children at their West Coast branch? I need the school bus contact number.
Please PM me if you know.
Thanks.

hi,
I have been sending my son to one of the outlets but I wonder it is worth the $ to send to cherie hearts when I can get one at half the fee. The lesson plan looks to nice but I wonder if it is too much to be delivered to kids. They seems to be always shortage of staff and un structured free play. Any feedback?

Hi mummies,
I am thinking of sending my son ( 1 year) to cherie hearts Cecil street or Tanjong pagar? Any comments?
Many thanks

I've just heard that Cherie hearts is going to increase their rates to $1700 (for infant care). Not sure if it's applicable to all their branches though.

Hi Mummies,

My Girl is from cherie Hearts, to be frank if you want your kids to join enrichment courses for your convinence Cherie Hearts is good as they provide all sorts of enrichment courses but Expensive..

Other then that is depend on the CC management and how good the teachers are...

Choose a CC which is nearby or easy access for both parents and child.

Not by the brand of the CC...

My son attends Cherie Hearts at Purvis. I would say that they are good.

When my son did not go to school for 2 days, the teachers called up and check with me. My son really learnt alot of things from the school. Even if my son misbehaves slightly, they will keep me in the loop.

What I like is the monthly feedback from the teachers, tracking the development of my child. At least for a busy mum like me, I know what is happening to my child.

Hi mummies,

My child attends Playgroup 1 at Cherie Hearts @ Cecil. From what I see, his self-help skills and academic achievements is remarkable.

Since your child is 1 year old, he/she will need to be enrolled in infantcare at this point in time.

You may wish to read what other parents say on the commendations page of www.cheriehearts.com.sg

Hi, my girl just withdrawed from Cherie after 3 months of school. Wish to let go her uniforms and mattress. Condition: 8/10. PVC Mattress @ $25 and 4 sets of uniform @ $45. Total $60 for all. Polo T size - 22, T-shirt size - 24. Pls pm me if keen.

Back