Bottle Rejection (Urgent Help needed)

fabianau

Hi parents,

Hope everyone is doing well!

My 4 months old baby has been rejecting bottles for over a month now and we're worried about her feeding as my wife is going back to work soon. To give more context, she started slightly rejecting about more than a month ago (ie. on and off rejection) and finally fully rejected about a month ago. We then slowly coax her, trying different positions and different bottles, and managed to get her drink for a few days. Just last week she started to fully reject the bottle again.

Any parents facing the same issue and how do you all resolve it?

***She would scream and shout when we place her in the drinking position or when we place the nipple near her lip. She's 100% ok with breastfeeding

Thank you in advance!

Hi.. i also having same problem now! She was actually ok with in early stage 1-3mnths still accept bottle but suddenly reject bottle. even i leave the house to let other feed her she will also cry and dont want want suck the bottle. I keep giving her usual pigeon bottle she rejected it, i tried avent natural and hegen also rejected..

Now my baby is 5.5months dont know how to put her back in bottle feed.

Hi parents,

Hope everyone is doing well!

My 4 months old baby has been rejecting bottles for over a month now and we're worried about her feeding as my wife is going back to work soon. To give more context, she started slightly rejecting about more than a month ago (ie. on and off rejection) and finally fully rejected about a month ago. We then slowly coax her, trying different positions and different bottles, and managed to get her drink for a few days. Just last week she started to fully reject the bottle again.

Any parents facing the same issue and how do you all resolve it?

***She would scream and shout when we place her in the drinking position or when we place the nipple near her lip. She's 100% ok with breastfeeding

Thank you in advance!
Hey.. just to update u..

I tried the nuk wide neck with latex teats simce yesterday.. so far to now she been drinking from it with no struggle to feed her.. u can try 1 bottle to try. For me it works♀️

Thanks JasjasQ18!

I will try that. But I suspect that my baby is teething earlier. She's 5 months soon. That may also be the cause of her rejection as she feels discomfort with her gums. Nonetheless, thanks for much for your advise!

***She's still rejecting thou!

Hope to hear more advise from fellow parents!

Thank you and have a great day ahead!

Thanks JasjasQ18!

I will try that. But I suspect that my baby is teething earlier. She's 5 months soon. That may also be the cause of her rejection as she feels discomfort with her gums. Nonetheless, thanks for much for your advise!

***She's still rejecting thou!

Hope to hear more advise from fellow parents!

Thank you and have a great day ahead!
Is she bottle feed and direct latch with the mummy?

Yah my daughter 5.5months too but no sign of teething yet.. but she like to bite things and i dont see any white spot on her gums yet..

Best of luck on the journey ♀️

She does both. Bottle feed and direct latching. Only recently started rejecting bottle.

Thank you and all the best to you too!

Back