Boon Keng Mommy's Club

hi reiner,
ya, my living room faces the CC. how do you find agape so far?

btw, has any one heard of yuquan preschool at bugis? any comments?

thanks.

so far no -ve sign from my girl lor... so shall be okie wah... teachers write in the communication book everyday lor.... teachers always praise my girl leh... angel @ school, devil @ home lor...

Yvonne,
time passes very fast one. I still remember the time when I just had my #1 and she is now coming to 2.5 yrs old soon!
happy.gif

maomi,
i tink most imptly the location there is quite gd cos beside MRT station and got buses one
happy.gif
They building quite fast lehz....the last time i saw already 6 or 7 storey high liowz.

celeste,

yupz! we bought it coz of location lo, and at that time we wanted a flat badly and this was available without balloting. haha.

do you have any recommendations for childcare in that area ah?

Hi All

Just chance upon this thread tonight. I'm staying at Boon Keng as well.

My gal is turning 2 yrs old and I'm looking for CC recommendation. Hope you can provide me some good feedback.

She is now with a full day child care but I'm not confident they are good for N2 to K2.

hi bel,

dont mention lah.... rem to share lobang with me lor... all sort of lobang... sales of baby items - milk powder, wet wipes, diapers... freebies ha!!!

Thanks Reiner!

Sure I will if I come across any ya! Only know that Shop n Save is selling tollyjoy wet wipes at $3.45 for 100pcs. You may consider it ya!

Hi Celeste

understand that carecorner doesn't prepare milk in the centre. It is written in their enrolment form. How do you manage with that ah? thaks!

maomi,
If you want the nearest childcare to Cityview it will be CreativeStar liowz cos its only the next block or what. If raining or anything it will be convenient for you to fetch ur kid also
happy.gif

Diana,
Hello...welcome
happy.gif
Which area of Boon Keng are u staying at?

boon,
Ya, carecorner doesnt prepare milk already. I give my ger milk in the morning before she goes to childcare and at night before she sleeps so it should be enough for their age
happy.gif

okie..shop & save ... nearby my house... just gone there to swap the pampers dry... do you know where else sell pampers dry the red packaging one eh? wanna stock up for my 2nd one...

agape mentioned that when in N1, no more milk for my gal leh... my gal is really a milk person leh... she's usu take 4-5 times of milk when she's not in CC.

Hi Celeste
I'm staying at Blk 46 Bendemeer Road. What abt u?

Hi Bel22, it is a new center and they don't have track record from K2 to P1.

Anyone child in Creative Star at Block 5? What's your thought about the school? Actually my gal is attending the full day playgroup now. She will be moving on to N1 next year.

Anyone got feedback on Ascension Kindergarten?

Leereiner, I visited agape last Sat for the open house. Nice setup! but not convenient for us, not w/i walking distance must take bus.

hihi, but it seems that creative star not gd feedback? unless i so blur i read wrongly...

is agape good? is that near boon keng mrt, anyone knows? celeste, ur gal there?

hi diana,

ya agreed that they do have nicer setup than Creative. and the most impt is that agape is just next block of mine, convenient lor....

hi maomi,
agape is near to kallang mrt leh, blk 5 upper boon keng level 2... my gal is @ agape in PG, she gonna be N1 next yr.

hi reiner,
i'm thinking of putting my gal in childcare after she is 18 mths. she is getting bored at home and i scared maid and grandparents spoil her too much.
can share a typical day at agape pg? how much is their full day childcare b4 subsidy?

thanks.

me got no choice or else me rather let my girl stay @ home till she's 3.... put my gal @ creative for 3hrs session when she's 18mth.... then "promoted" her to full day when she turned 2yr.... later when agape opened, we changed her to there instead.

my gal will have breakfast when she reaches there aro 8am... assembly @ 9am for national song... then shall be so-called lesson - English, Music & Movement, Chinese, Maths, etc.... follow by lunch (me like their lunch menu - soup almost everyday, my gal is a "soupy" kid). bath will be next thing and milk and napping... nap time is approx 2.5hr to 3hr... then will be "free play" - story telling, playing with toys.... so the schedule will be something like this... there's a outdoor playground on the same level.

last fri, they had bakery/cookery time...

full day fee = 850 before subsidy.... try to get the so-called "early bird" discount of 100 bucks off per mth... 4 sets of uniform cost 100bucks, 2 mattress cover will be 40bucks, insurance lah...

the teachers are teacher jessica, lei lau shi & teacher grace for PG... the number for PG is getting big now.... the principal is ms lai... heard that she's from the punggol branch. she's young, pretty, wearing color contact lens... the kitchen auntie is friendly, always with smile.

really cant comment which one is better.. its still too early for me to give any on agape. my gal started off @ creative, she learned a lot fm there. creative has morning walk everyday, and its non-air-con env lor. teachers wise okie lor...

wah.. $800+ is not cheap for a childcare at tat kinda location leh..
i went to their open hse tat day. their ctr is nice, prob cuz its new. no students there as it was a sat. i spoke to a teacher, can't rem her name but she is a filipino and teaches english. friendly and polite lady but i just tot her english wasn't good enough to teach young kids.

anyone here sends their kids to childcare in raffles area?

hmmmm... think that teacher will be teacher pauline.... me will not expect too much from the teachers as me cant have the best of both worlds, good teachers, convenient location.... so me have the latter. ha!!! but my gal chinese has improved... at least now she can speak mandiarn, like teacher, doc, pilot, fire fighter, etc in hua yu.... for english, me is a btc mummy and half past english... but me still trying to speak proper english to her.... at least to let her know this language lor...

raffles area - MMI???

hi boon,

yes for creative star, they will prepare milk in the centre. of course you need to prepare your own milk powder dispenser, they will make the milk and feed accordingly.

Diana,
I am staying at Blk 13, St.George's Road there
happy.gif

Actually I quite like the Creative Star for the curriculum. As for teachers always keep changing lah...
sad.gif
...but i tink Mrs Wong the operator is quite a responsible lady and quite nice. I still remember that time we paid deposit for my boy and ger to go Creative again cos having issues with my maid then later resolved the issue and told Mrs Wong she refunded us the deposit in full w/o any penalty except the registration fees within 1-2 weeks
happy.gif

boon,
yes, for creative star they go give milk there. For Care Corner they dont give milk one
happy.gif

Celeste,
you kiddos now not in Creative Star? I'm not comfortable that they are not transparent with staff movement. Teacher and Principal resign also never inform before hand. Curriculum is not bad, my gal do learn new words,songs and bring back her worksheets.

principal resigned? when was tat? u mean mrs peh? me like her... its only when she takes over, then creative has a better programmes structure leh... more organized...

I also like Mrs Peh but she is not with Creative anymore. The current principal is Aida. Can't remember when, but quite long liao at least one month. Teacher Marie is good, my gal likes her a lot and I notice she picks up a lot of words as well.

oic... too bad mrs peh had left.... How's the new principal?

@ my gal times, the PG in-charge teacher was a malay and very young.... how many kids in the PG now? how about the teacher ratio to the kids?

Leereiner
The new principal ok lah. Teacher Marie is the new PG teacher replacing teacher Nora who have left. She is good, my gal likes her alot. There are close to 30 kids in PG now. As for teacher ratio very hard to determine. From my understanding each class will have 2 teacher in-charge English and Chinese but there are other teachers that help out.

Boon,
Not sure about the rate increase. For PG, I'm paying $280 after subsidy

Diana,
yuppies, my kiddos are not in Creative Star now because I have #2 which is taken care of by my helper. And Creative Star is a lot further than the childcare just beside my blk. Hence, I place my #1 at Care Corner just beside my blk ever since she turned 2 yro
happy.gif

I guess a lot of childcare centres are the same, principals or teachers go we might not know because i think for teachers they dont inform, for principals they will usually just pass a circular to parents.

hi cloud,

ya ya.. creative takes in infant... but last heard from mrs wong (in oct'08) that she has a long waiting list for infant.... so you gotta call to find out...

Hi everyone.. my boy is 3 months old.. i'm actually supposed to get my maid this week but the agency has messed up by preparing the paperwork for the wrong maid.. anyone happen to stay in 108B or 108C mcnair?

Diana,
my #1 is now 2.5 yrs old already
happy.gif

cloud,
yuppies, Creative takes in infant. If the price never increase it should be 1.2k before subsidy. If you are a working mother then subsidy will be $600 so you will be paying $600
happy.gif

Dear all,

I did ask Mrs Wong from creative about the price increament previously, somewhere in Oct, after the new subsidy launched.

She mentioned she has no plan in the price increasing at this moment.

So till now she is still maintaining this rate, S$1200 before sub.

Dear all,

Just received a note from Mrs Wong, she will increase the school fees in 09. For new infant, the charges is $1250 before sub. FYI

Hi all,

Any mummies put their child in creative star? My son presently in Creative Star infant care and soon going to PG soon. Dec 08 this year, they have their end year concert and checking any mummies plan to buy the CD?

Hi Bel

Wanted to put my son in PG, but realised that they will increase the fees in Jul to $360! Really very ex.

Thk will need to reconsider.

Hi Boon,

Yes you are right! I also feel that is too expensive liao. But new enrolment is already this price according to Mrs Wong. Only existing will entitle till July 08. Maybe by then, I gotten switch childcare liao.

Back