Boon Keng Mommy's Club

Hi Diana,

Tks 4 ur concern!

happy.gif
ya can see lot of babies and tods in Agape
happy.gif
Think over there should be quite nice!
Too bad is a bit out of the way for me to place my tod there ....
happy.gif

Hi Lolaz,

Did you check the logbook? I remember when my son was in infantcare in Creative, we have a daily log book and the teachers will write down everything that happened that day. Such as what time he pooed, what time they changed his diapers, what time he drank milk and how many ml, also things like bruises/fall etc. I was quite pleased with their infantcare service then.

You should speak to the principal and voice your concern. Anyway, I don't think anyone can ever find a perfect childcare cos' individual's standard varies. The perfect childcare only exist if you run it yourself...hehe.

hi lolaz,
my niece is megan... curly brown hair...

huh?? the teachers didnt tell you that your boy was hurt?? hmmmm... MUZ muz feedback to them, or str to the prinicpal...

Hi Leereiner,

I know Megan... Very pretty mixed gal... Met her grandparents who's fr uk during her 1st wk. She was crying alot then but now she's enjoying herself already. Heh... So her mum is your sis? Did she feedback anything about the infantcare?

Ya, my hubby asked the principal why we weren't inform and they need us to find out ourselves. She just brushed it off by saying she thought the teacher has told me.
sad.gif
So we can only emphasize that this shouldn't happen again. But she did say she'll tell the teachers to take note. My baby cried until his voice became hoarse. So heartache...

wow... you are still awake at this wee hours? late nite sleeper?

ooh... you had talked to them eh? The grandpa said he looks like the "laughing buddha" hee.. coz of his ears... my hubby's sis... ya ya separation anxiety yah... my SIL is quite satisfied with the service over there... megan has "eating problem".. she gotta sleep then drink milk/ purees from bottle.. she still taking purees thru bottles, she doesnt know how to chew, she'll not ask for milk/food to extend for near 5-6hrs kinds of situations... but now heard from my sil that now megan has get rid of these problems, more or less... good good...

hmmmmm.... ya ya MUZ voice out your concern... and gotta call them to check or give surprise visit... me always do these... hee!!! me nothing better to do leh... get to know all the teachers over there... as they will go over to help out the infants during napping time of the older kids...

do you see any new infant teacher? diana said she is looking for recruit as the infant number has increased. is the ratio still 1:3?

btw, what's your boy name? hee!!! me kpo lah...

Hehee... I sleep late cos I'm still breastfeeding.

Ya, besides this incident, I'm actually very pleased with Agape. My baby got problem drinking from the bottle and they train him. Although he still don't like the bottle but at least he does drink from the bottle when he's very hungry.

You visit them mid day? U not working? I paiseh to do it leh... Maybe next time I can see u there.. Hehee... U stay around there?

I think they already find me very troublesome cos I bring my ebm there everyday for them to warm up for my baby...

ooh... you are not local eh? your boy is the youngest right?

me FTWM leh... sometimes when on leave, me will drop by agape lor... just went back to work after my 16weeks ML... of coz when me was there, gotta be careful not to let my gal see me leh... or else she sure wanna follow me.. hee!!!

wow... bf and ebm... me ss drop rock bottom now... think gotta give FM, sigh!!!

me stay @ block 2D...

I'm local... not tat youngest baby boy mum. Hehee.. U also know that baby's parents? Tell u which one is my boy offline... ;p

You got 2 children? Who's taking care of your baby? My ss also not tat gd so must diligently pump during the day n latch on at hm... U jia you, dun give up!!!

hmmmm... tell me who's your boy name... okay?

ya #1- girl, #2- boy... can close production... tentatively, #2 is taken care by my MIL...

but me no more oil liao leh... pump @ work, but getting lesser and lesser and not nice to always disappear to pump yah. pumping twice @ work only... and 1 time pump not enough for his 1 feed... nite time latch him lor... then pump again... already used by all reserved frozen ebm, have approx 40 packs of 180ml ones...

so may go partial, to intro FM...

Hi Reiner,

Hee... u so lucky... 1 boy 1 gal.... Is that the reason why Megan needs to go Agape? My baby is gebin, the no hair one... Hahaa...

U got ALOT of milk leh!!!

alot milk - history liao lor... now @ rock bottom... 1 time pump cant meet per feed qty...

ya sort of reason lor.. that megan gotta go yah... so when my sil has #2, my #2 will go too... poor MIL... no break... so now waiting for my sil's turn... ha!!!

Do u send your gal to agape? Never met u before...

Saw your sil this morning.. and megan is in uniform! your sil looked very serious leh...

for past few days, yes me sent her to agape... will be @ agape aro 0730hrs... usu is my hubby will send her there, aro 8am... my gal always "choose" who to send her to agape... so the past few days, me is LUCKY lor... pick me to send her... so she's very busy in the am... ya ya role of her - am call... when she wakes up she'll wake up her shushu, gugu, didi, papa... every1...

ya megan has promoted to PG lor... heards from my sil that megan has improved a lot on her eating... great;>

serious?? nope yah... she's easy to talk leh...

hmmmm... this thur me on leave... maybe can see you there? what time will you brin gyour boy over leh?

Your gal so cute... So u staying with your in-laws?

Saw your sil few times but she always look very serious so also didn't dare talk much to her... In fact, I saw her again today.

We usually bring baby there around 9am. My hubby on course this thur, so maybe slightly later. Hope to see u there!

Think we shd let other boon keng mummies talk, we've been talking too much of our stuffs here. Sorry to other mummies.. U pm me yah!

ya staying with in laws... total 6adults + 2 children (my #1&2)

9am?? then you go to work pl eh?

ya we 2 been hogging this thread... ha!!!

hmmmm... Pri1 vac @ HONG WEN.... need to ballot even for within 1km... ha!!! me definitely no chance @ all lor...

P1 Registration Phase 2C
Number of vacancies : 91
Within 1 km 1 -2 km > 2 km
97 8 0

Balloting will be conducted for applicants within 1 km on 11 August at 9am

97+8= 105 for 91 places...
but so 8 ppl with 1-2km - no need to ballot- str OUT... so 97 applicants for 91 slots...

Hi reiner,

Saw your gal today... very sweet! Your sil picked her and megan together. Still haven't got chance to meet you yet.

Your gal going to Pri sch already meh? Thought she's still very young... How come you know so much about the pri sch registration thingy..?

SWEET...??? not leh... "angle @ agape, devil @ HOME"... ha!!! me on mc for past 2 days - down with flu... ya lor not chance to meet you leh... coz if me gotta "chosen" to send my girl, then will be aro 0730... whereas your boy will be there aro 9am... hmmm...

me KS leh... not kiasu hor... kiasi... coz hong wen is the nearest pri sch... my hb doesnt like methodist pri sch @ aljinued mrt one... so me die die gotta do PV and "monitor" hong wen P1 registration hisotry... "very siao of me" right? next alt will be kwang hwa, may need to join hokkien huay kuan... very limit of pri sch in this area, ALL ARE 1-2KM lor... somemore hb n my pri sch are already history... no more already...

me already sent in my PV application form to hong wen last year... ha!!! but the in-charge said me too early... gotta call back when my girl in N2/K1... "siao" hor?

if me have 2 girls, then me shall choose girl school... too bad... 1 girl 1 boy leh...

Wah... you really very KS leh!!! Hahaa... I also like Hong Wen cos it's walking distance from my home. But my hubby wants my boy to go ACJS since he's alumni. Well, it's still a way to go so I'll continue to persuade him.

lots of you are within walking distance to Hong Wen lor... so me die die gotta do PV... or else my 2 kids nowhere to go liao...

my frenz told me better find out the sch early as some sch may cap the number of PV intake, some sch no cap - so do PV may not get a seat lor, gotta go thru ballot leh... some sch take in PV early one... wah!!! so me so KSi lor... poor mummy, right? hee... gee...

Wow, is Hong Wen a good school? I have no idea about all these primary school balloting things. Anyway, my son's fate is fixed...he can only go to daddy's school as daddy, daddy's daddy and all other daddy's family from the same school. SICKENING!

but no headache yah...

dunno how good/bad is HONG WEN... just know that its SAP one... not becoz its a SAP, me ve not choice/ alternative @ all in this area... how me wish me ve this kind of "histroy" so me dun ve to be KS... hee!!!

hi eiliya,
hmmm... you boy gonna start @ agape next week lor...

Yeah Leereiner,

My boy starting at Agape on 2nd Sept. I was told to stay with him for the first 3 days for halfday. Not sure if it is really necessary but I don't mind the break so just took leave for 3 days. Hehehe. He is going to PG. I hope he'll have a great time there.

What is the meaning of SAP? The only SAP I know is the software my company is using...kekeke. Sorry, I'm pretty ignorant in the balloting thingy. Only know must stay within 1km and have to go for "lucky draw". What if you are not within 1km and parents are not old boys/girls...how? No way of going into the school?

http://124.108.114.77/sg.f771.mail.yahoo.com/ya/securedownload?clean=0&fid=1st%2520Ham&mid=1_23947_ALJ7bHwAAMutSPLcEAuSrDBURUI&pid=2&tnef=&prefFilename=Ministry+of+Education%2C+Singapore+Press+Releases.mht&cred=6rydHBd2sfPTs_Wg.DofJGdO.3tb8hULbH0S17hOtrhnm2HJntpeLHAgRhFMraHrJreYtbI1ocoI.WyOqskxQd2v9XP0iuLVX5.zk7Bd&ts=1251083840&partner=ymail&sig=JJk8Kd3DiRcxYCeLRTMTMA--

hi eiliya,
can read out the above link for the SAP - Special Assistance Plan schools...

aiyo me too ignorant or rather navie of the pri sch thingy... when @ my times, parents just gotta go the nearest sch and put child's name then wait to buy books and uniforms. next will be going to pri sch liao lor... unlike now leh, the nearest pri sch to home may not able to get in leh... so what's the purpose to stay near to sch leh?!

then my frenz gave me a BIG KNOCK on me then me realised that entering pri sch is such a BIG PROJECT... ha!!!

there are lots of way to get in:- join clan/ church members - like hokkien huay kwan (there are 6/7 pri sch under it), as parents volunteer, as RC members.. but NOT Guarantee one hor... if applicants is more than empty slots - still gotta go for "lucky draw".... sianz...
http://124.108.114.77/sg.f771.mail.yahoo.com/ya/securedownload?clean=0&fid=1st%2520Ham&mid=1_23947_ALJ7bHwAAMutSPLcEAuSrDBURUI&pid=2&tnef=&prefFilename=Ministry+of+Education%2C+Singapore+Press+Releases.mht&cred=6rydHBd2sfPTs_Wg.DofJGdO.3tb8hULbH0S17hOtrhnm2HJntpeLHAgRhFMraHrJreYtbI1ocoI.WyOqskxQd2v9XP0iuLVX5.zk7Bd&ts=1251083840&partner=ymail&sig=JJk8Kd3DiRcxYCeLRTMTMA--

cldnt rem whether me stayed with my girl for the 1st 3 days leh @ agape... but me did when @ creative... hee!!! think by then when my girl tfr to agape, she was already "know what to do" when we sent her to agape...- "old bird" leh... ha!!!

hi Reiner

Just found out i am preggy with my number 2 and wanna go to Dr Tony Tan. See from other thread tat he is ur gynea. can share info like the package n bill with RH? My 1st one, i go to Mt A.

Thank u.

hi mummies,
chanced upon this thread as i was searching for kindergarten/cc for my 12mths gal around boon keng area as i'm moving to City view once its ready in 2010/2011. any1 staying there too??

heard abt agape n creative star, seems like agape got better comments. how abt ascension? any mummies with kids there?

so excited to find this thread, i'm currently staying tpy..

Hi Reiner,

Saw your little niece, Megan. I was with my son for 2 days and she just joined PG. She is so cute! I find the kids there rather "violent" keke so she is always on her own running around. I feel a little concerned over whether the older kids will knock her down but the teachers do watch out for her cos' she is so much smaller than the rest.

Met a Chinese teacher there yesterday who was from Creative also. She called out for my son and was so excited to see him. She taught him for a while before she left for another centre. Just joined Agape. She told me there are quite a no. transferred from Creative. Some are just infants. I was surprised! She mentioned that alot of complaints were about the mozzies. Not surprising cos' my son often come home with multiple bites on the cheeks, arms and legs!

Hi Orangeymum,

Welcome
happy.gif
I just transferred my son from Creative to Agape. So far Agape seems pretty good but it takes time to tell. Fyi, Ascension only accepts 3 yrs and above. Am suppose to visit the cc but have not so can't comment. Anyway, I believe there are some other cc around City View area.

hi eiliya.

but creative n agape are quite a distance away. u live somewhere in between? ascension only takes 3yrs. i'm looking at 2011 enrolment, my baby is a sep 08 baby. mean jan 2011 she is only 2yr+. so she enrol in 2011 or 2012 for N1? *confused*..
after checking the mcys web, only very few cc ard city view area. nearest is creative, agape is not within walking distance..
but thanks for ur advice.. ur kid has transferred for how long already?

Hi Orangeymum,

Both Agape and Creative are not walking distance for me. I am staying ard Guilemard area. Agape is slightly more convenient when I drop him in the morning and head down PIE to work. I noticed that the kids in Agape seems to go in later and goes back earlier. Last Fri I was there at 6.15pm and my son was the last 3 kid and this morning when I drop him at 7.30am, he was the 1st
proud.gif

The practice for enrolment is by block year so you should be entering your girl in Jan 2011.

My kid just joined Agape this Sept so this is only his 2nd week. So far he seems to adapt pretty well. I like the clean environment there. He was with Creative for slightly over a year.

Hi EiLiYa,

mozzie??? is it coz of the city view construction? keke...

ya my niece is rather small for her age... 18months that's y my SIL is so worry to send her to agape... "on her own"?? she doesnt join in other for the activities?

is the chinese teacher surname is Huang? just knew there's a new chinese teacher to take over N1.... how do you find Teacher Jessica?

ya 730am is early, 1815 is late... ha!!! my girl usu there aro 8am, back 1730hrs... some kids are there after 9am and back 4pm lor... my girl cant be home too early leh, she gonna makes mil very "boi eng"!!

did you stay for the lunch/ tea break too? how's the food? you boy finish the meal?

Hi Reiner,

Ya, I think there are lotsa mozzies becos' of the construction and also upgrading of the block itself. Plus the fact that the area around the Sikh temple is a dengue hot spot! Low level are normally like that. When my son goes to my MIL's place (who stay level 2), often he gets mozzie bites one.

Your niece did join other kids when they are having activities like story-telling, assembly time etc and even meal time (though she needs to be fed). But when they were playing the giant lego-type bricks (the place suddenly becomes the Singapore Zoological Garden - Primate area) Kekeke... she was also running around but she didn't fight for the bricks or get near the other older kids. Just running around on her own so it is pretty safe. Your right...she is really tiny compared to the rest who are mostly half to one head taller! But not to worry cos' the teachers watch out for her more. Anyway, in few months time all these kids will upgrade to Nursery and she'll be in a safe and "more gentle" classroom.

I don't know if the Chinese teacher is called Huang Lao Shi but she is thin and long hair. I think she is in Nursery side or maybe K1 side. She is Chinese-National.

Hmm...is Teacher Jessica the young local teacher in PG (who speaks Engliah to the kids)? If I'm not wrong there are 2 main teachers in PG. One local Chinese young girl (could be Teacher Jessica) and another chubby Chinese-National teacher right? I'm bad in remembering names. If it is the same Teacher Jessica you are refering to, I find her a little nonchalant. Maybe it is just the way she behaves but that is the impression she gave me over the past few days I was there. The Chinese teacher seems ok but can be impatient if her limit is over. Am I right about both? Your girl was taught by both of them before right? What you feel about them? Oh ya, I think there is another Filipino teacher (short hair), she seems to be the most friendly and patient among them 3... could be wrong.

On the 2nd day I stayed after lunch to observe how they handled the kids. They'll queue up to wash hands then all sit around the table while the teachers took out the food. No one is to touch the food until everyone is ready and they'll sing this "Thank you for the food" song. After that then they can eat. Very interesting and cultivate patience and orderly behaviour in the kids. They served each a small portion of rice with omelette and meat cubes. Some kids will ask for 2nd. After that they each got a small bowl of soup with cabbage and carrot inside. After that, they all sit in a row again (not sure what for as I left after that). Maybe queuing to shower? But no fruits served as far as I see. My son just managed to finish the food and didn't ask for 2nd. He normally eats double the portion at home. But as usual he picked on all the meat 1st and slowly finish the rice.

Wah...I got "culture shock" siah... I thought 7-7 is the right timing. Cos' in Creative when I send him in around 7.15-30, he'll be the 5th or so kid. And when I used to pick him as late as 7pm, there'll still be 1-2 kids left. At 6.30pm, there'll be at least 10-15 kids left! But no worries for me cos' he is very used to be the last one around. Many times when he was the last kid in the centre he didn't even make any noise or get worried. Just sat there and wait with the teacher. My concern is whether the teachers will be not happy or not!! Hahaha...

Hmm...9-4pm is quite a short timing compared to my son. He is normally first in last out! wahaha...

ya my girl was @ PG when she started @ agape, but for 2months only... and that time, there were less than 6 kids in PG if me can rem correctly. Ya it was Teacher Jessica who took the PG. My girl still mentioned of her even she is in N1 now. Now her current ones Teacher Grace & Huang Lao Shi. Ya the pettie and long hair is Huang Lao Shi. Huang Lao Shi is new who take over Teacher Doris.

Ya the "thank you for the food song" sometimes my girl will sing @ home before meal... Fruits?? dun ve meh? hmmmm.... need to do spot check lor... do you know agape set fri as fruity day? since the opening of the ctr, every fri ea kid gotta bring a fruit... the teachers will then talk about the fruits...

Teacher Pauline is the Filipino teacher... ya she very friendly lor...

err... how do you find the Teachers' english eh?

Hmm...didn't know about the fruit day. No one mentioned. So they have to bring their own fruit and then eat it for snack izit? Shall bring durian...hahaha

Is Teacher Pauline also PG's teacher? I see her in the classroom quite regularly also especially when there are actions activity in class.

Ehh...in terms of their English, so-so only. Not exceptional good and the occasion lah/lor/hor is heard too. My main concern is that they speak good Mandarin to my son cos' he can't speak Mandarin and at this age, he is already selective! Never responded in Mandarin so far. All our fault for not speaking Mandarin to him....haiz. But my hb's Mandarin is as rotten as my dialect...dunno how.

DURIAN?? wa... or me rem worngly leh... maybe start from N1 onwards...??

Teacher Pauline is for K1/K2 leh... change meh?

ya lah/lor/hor... now my girl has all these in her english... mine is singlish lor... so hope cc can help mah...

we speak english to her, mandarin is from my sil/bil... and hokkien from her grannies... 80% is still english... @ first she speak/ans to my sil/bil in english, then me tell them gotta tell my girl that they dont understand, ve to converse in mandarin... so now my girl will talk to them in mandarin of coz @ times still bit of english... this method is taught by my frenz... its workable for me...

Hi Ladies,

I will be moving to Boon Keng next mth. Is there any good childcare centre in Boon keng ? as thinking of putting my girl ...

Hi

Like to find out if any of the mummies had put their kids in the PCF Whampoa for the 2 hours playgroup? Thanks

agape mummies,

are you going to the 1 Oct mid Autumn session eh? me will drop by after work... the earilest will be 1840hrs... ha!!! ends @ 7pm yah...

Wow...6.40pm is late. They're probably packing up by then. Kekeke... I'll be there hopefully on time. Bringing some food also. The program sounds interesting...can't wait to see my son in his daily activites.

think the kids will perform lor... my gal has been singing the "lantern" song leh... err... she sings to her papa only...

ya me knock off @ 1730hrs... reach clementi mrt @ 1800hrs... so the earliest to reach agape will be 1830hrs... if no traffic jam @ clementi lah... hubby unsure whether can he be there on time or not lor...

Ooh...didn't know they are going to perform! So exciting. I remember during last year Musical Extravaganza at Creative my son and his classmates were mostly just staring at the crowd in amazement...keke..they were so young then. Mostly just stoning there while the Little Frog song was playing...

Hmm...you should try to take time off and leave early else you'll miss your girl's performance. Plus I'm sure she would want mummy to be there to see her perform right...

3045303.jpg

My son is the one squating down behind the boy on his knees.

Hi EiLiYa
Hee hee. my gal is in the pix u posted. She is standing beside yr boi boi with the not so happy look.

She was stunned by the crowd and refused to jump or move to the music... ha ha ha

Looks like many kids hv moved out of CS....

Back