Blighted Ovum

Hi all, may I check what are the symptoms like for blighted ovum? And do you normally have a sac and yolk sac in the case of blighted ovum? Currently, 6W2D and did a scan and still no fetal pole, is that common or norml

Hi all, may I check what are the symptoms like for blighted ovum? And do you normally have a sac and yolk sac in the case of blighted ovum? Currently, 6W2D and did a scan and still no fetal pole, is that common or norml

I had this in 2013. There are no indications that you have a blighted ovum. I did my check at 5 weeks and gynae said it was too small to see but she confirmed that I was pregnant. So she said to return in 2 weeks time. At 7 weeks she did the scan and saw that it was just an empty sac, no foetus. Did a few rounds of blood tests to check my HCG levels and it was dropping meaning that my pregnancy would end in a miscarriage. So she asked me to think it over on how I want to terminate either D&C or to take pills. So at 9 weeks my pregnancy was terminated.

Got pregnant in 2017 and of course I was worried. But at 6weeks there was a dot (foetus) so was a bit relieved.

In your case, what has your gynae advised you?

Back