Bleeding at Week 14

Alena80

Got abit worried last night when i bled red blood (not too much to fill a pad but enought to give me a scare).

Prior to this, i had abit of tummy ache/cramp which i thought was roung ligament pain (which my doc ruled out becoz its too early).

Anyway, went for scan in the morning, and the baby looked fine. Some blood still seen at the placenta lining. Doc put me back on progesterone inserts 3 times a day.

Maybe i bled because i over exerted myself, going on a long stroll the day before.

What do you guys think? Anyone experienced this before?

Hi Alena80
Its happened to me..
I was hospitalised for bleeding.
And after 5th day, my foetus heart stopped..:(
Do take care.

I still have dark brown or dark red spotting that looked like lining discharge on and off. However, I have checked with my gynae who said that it’s fine as long as it’s not in fresh red blood and not a lot. I’m now into my 15 weeks this week and baby is healthy and actively kicking inside me when I did the scan and cvs test 2 weeks ago! Last scan did was last sat and baby was active too!

Did your doctor share the cause for the bleeding?
Currently at Week 13 and bleeding fresh red blood... Doctor checked & don't know the cause of bleeding..

No he didnt. He gave me progesterone shot n oral progesterone for a week or 2.

Bleeding stopped. I am now in my 25th week.

Wasnt anything to worry. Hope its the same for yours.

No he didnt. He gave me progesterone shot n oral progesterone for a week or 2.

Bleeding stopped. I am now in my 25th week.

Wasnt anything to worry. Hope its the same for yours.

I had slight red bleeding at week 7 last week... dark red stained mucus like, then a few days of brown stains.

I panicked and went to KKH 24h O&G, did a scan and the doc said the baby looked ok, heartbeat was strong. She put me on hormone pills 3x a day. Told me not to do strenuous activities.

I haven’t seen a gynae since, last 2 days I had sharp pains on and off on the left side.. no bleeding but I am very worried. Anyone has similar experiences? Should I go back to get it checked out?

Last edited:
I feel that progesterone may not be all that helpful...in my case I was on max dosage due to bleeding and it made me very sick.

When I switched to another doc, he said I actually didn’t have to take it!

I feel that progesterone may not be all that helpful...in my case I was on max dosage due to bleeding and it made me very sick.

When I switched to another doc, he said I actually didn’t have to take it!

The doc told me I can take a blood test to check on my hormones, but since there was bleeding she says can just start on it..

I was also bleeding when i was about 8weeks...doctor told me i had infection and give me MC for a week...was given duphaston .
im at 23 weeks now all is good.

ladies just rest and lie on the bed as much as possible.
everything will be fine. :)

I was also bleeding when i was about 8weeks...doctor told me i had infection and give me MC for a week...was given duphaston .
im at 23 weeks now all is good.

ladies just rest and lie on the bed as much as possible.
everything will be fine. :)
I hope so too.. :)

Hi, i experienced this as well for my 1st pregnancy. stomachache and bleed red blood. no idea why.
baby looked fine in the u/s though.
however i still lost the baby in the end due to other issues.

Back