BEWARE..!! Bad Experience In This Childcare Center..!!

esthernggk15

Dear Parents,

This is a very bad experience that I had experienced recently in July when I wanted to enroll my child into a childcare center for the Playgroup Class. The location is at Block 118, Aljunied Road (Geylang East Central, beside HDB Branch Office). Center named as "Toddlers' Cottage". I am really very outraged & disappointed for the kind of their so-called "system" shown. For only the 1st day Trial, I decided to withdraw immediately. Lots of irresponsible acts follow on too...! Dear parents, please read the following which stated clearly how disappointing I am & if you wish to get a childcare center nearby this area, Please Think Twice.....

These are the things that happened;

1) When we reach the school at 7.30am, one Malay teacher showed me an empty cubicle and ask me to leave my child's bag inside. Then she took his milk bottle and put his drinking water aside then just leave my son & myself alone at the table.

2) From that moment, no attention, no orientation, no advices, no directions & no assistance was given to lead me or my little son to any activities.

3) Except for K2 students were sitting in their corner with another Malay lady teacher, the rest of the children are left all by themselves. No one observe what is each child doing or where they are. Children are wandering around wherever they want to.

4) Around 8am, some older students walk a few steps to the kitchen & sat on the dinning area to watch the television program, but some kids are still loitering around every corner of the school. Besides, there is no door to divide the different classes cubicles. It is an opened concept whereby everyone can go where they want.

5) There are only 2 Malay teachers, 2 ad-hoc China helpers(1 man & 1 woman), to take care of the 5 classes. 2 after school care aunties are inside the kitchen helping another old auntie to cook etc..

6) breakfast is not serve in an organized way. all bread stuffed inside a big container & left on the table. They did not serve each child individually & in the end only 2-3 children is eating the bread. The rest of the children are either playing toys, watching tv or wandering around the class cubicles.

7) We are not being directed for breakfast or lunch or even shower time. No assistance was given to my child to drink water. In the end, my child had starved & thirsted since 6.30am(milk fed at home) till 11.15am when i ask them for their lunch!!

8) Same incident happened during lunch time, no organized directions given by any teacher or help to lead all the kids to their food. children loiter around everywhere they like. Some showered but some did not. Worse is they fed the kids their lunch with Burnt Macaroni Soup...!! There are several macaroni in the bowl which are all burnt & black, but they just served the kids. I had no choice but to feed my son myself with this pathetic lunch as he is already very thirsty & hungry.

9) My son had a fall and bumped his mouth on the floor and gums bleeding. He's crying very loudly but no teacher came out to have a look to see who is crying or ask what had happened.

10) I had to ask for my son's shower time or to wash his hands. The center supervisor even asked me to bring him my son's bag myself. After showered, I had to bring my son to keep all his belongings and bag.

11) When its nap time, no one direct me too. I had to bring my son to find their nap corner all by myself & feed him milk then patted him to sleep. No teachers volunteer to help or to check for any help needed. The kids do not sleep on mattress, they were only given a PVC plastic pallet frame to lie on..& worse is the surface of the part where the body is lying down, is very Rough..!! I could feel my skin so painful after a gentle rub against the frame!

12) At the end of the day when we voiced out to the in charge supervisor, he did not apologize & don't even feel they were in any wrong. He insist that all kids are very active & playful & no one can stop them from what they want to do! Even they don't want to eat, no one can force them...! When i mentioned my child had a fall with bleeding gums, he replied that it's alright as their flooring are not hard...!!

13) The center supervisor answered me & my hubby that we should be the person to orientate my child during the 1st 3 days - 1 weeks of the school period...! We should be in the school these days to orient him not to run here or run there, no to do this or to do that & to instruct him to sit down all by ourselves..!! He even said that I should automated myself to go & ask them for the breakfast, water drinking, milk drinking, changing of diapers, lunch time, shower time, nap time and to supervise where my child had run to...!!

14) Once, we mentioned that we wanted to stop after this 1st terrible trial day, now he insisted that the center will deduct 2 weeks trial period fees. That is totally unfair.... But I guess after all the complaints to MCYS, the only help I can go to is CASE. But MCYS will definitely go into the matter of how the center is organizing & monitoring the poor kids there.

So parents, this is a very very true incident that I must share to all of u... WE must always ensure that the place where our kids are left in, is a safe & well organized place. With no responsibilities and attention, no kids will grow healthy there.... Though my post is really a very long story, but it gives me an unforgettable precious lesson... So, just please be careful....

Back