Baby with thick neck fluid 3mm

Dear all
I got my CVS results yesterday n bb is normal.(i got real bad nt scan results,neck fluid 3mm n is 1:13)may all mums here get gd results for harmony/CVS test.

Congrats!!! sooo happy for you.. please pray for me yah :)

Charmss, I am with the same gynea as you... =) Was your oscar intro by dr chew too?

Yah! Dr chew. He booked everything for me, including harmony.

Actually I m switching Gynae next week I think, Cuz I think dr chew rates are quite ex. He charged me $3k+ for amnio initially...

Duh! I think you re-check again on his price cause I don't think thats the price he gave me. Also, you know he is very experience right? Since now you are all alright, maybe you should check with him on his package? I am also not sure whether he do has package like normal Gynae.

Duh! I think you re-check again on his price cause I don't think thats the price he gave me. Also, you know he is very experience right? Since now you are all alright, maybe you should check with him on his package? I am also not sure whether he do has package like normal Gynae.

Since I'm not doing amnio anymore I won't be checking on his price :p

He does has package that starts from week 13, it's $1600 including normal delivery. But every time u go U still need to pay for scan which is $40. Vitamins also not included.

Thanks alot nmama
I m expecting boy (my 1st boy aready 8 yrs old).infact the sonographer told me its boy when scanning..amazing rite..imagine bb ard 6.6cm yet cn kno gender liao.
Milopeng n nmama, gues no one wil get such lousy NT scan results like mine (1:13) n i managed to sail tru the rough tides..so u gals oso wil b fine..morever u gals r younger den me(1 m 41),so lower risk.kip yrsef ocupied while waitin for results..i watch drama n play ipad etc...time pas faster..

Hey peeps my lil one's nt is 3.6mm thickness. Doc suggested to go straight into cvs and skip NIPT similar to harmony and oscar even.

So worried sake that rly no mood to do anything.

Fixed an appt for cvs tmr.

Am 28 this yr.

Thanks alot nmama
I m expecting boy (my 1st boy aready 8 yrs old).infact the sonographer told me its boy when scanning..amazing rite..imagine bb ard 6.6cm yet cn kno gender liao.
Milopeng n nmama, gues no one wil get such lousy NT scan results like mine (1:13) n i managed to sail tru the rough tides..so u gals oso wil b fine..morever u gals r younger den me(1 m 41),so lower risk.kip yrsef ocupied while waitin for results..i watch drama n play ipad etc...time pas faster..

Now only left me & milopeng85.. so nervous!!

Hey peeps my lil one's nt is 3.6mm thickness. Doc suggested to go straight into cvs and skip NIPT similar to harmony and oscar even.

Am 28 this yr.

hi Givemefries..

im gg for my amnio tmr too! Dont worry so far alot of positive results from e rest here.. we just pray ours will be alright yah..

update on ur results okie!

Am 28 this yr.

Hey girl, did your doctor explain to you about CVS?
Me and Nmama didn't opt for CVS maybe for that same reason. You might want to talk to your doctor again on this. Also, I think CVS is more expensive than Anmio. I didn't compare on price la, but fyi, CVS is drawing the fluid from baby percentile where this are all the nutrients we supply to baby.

Just finish my amnio test! Very little pain, just slight ant bite then cramp.. Its very fast 5-10 procedure.. So will be waiting for results in 2 weeks time if no call from kkh means good news!

Just finish my amnio test! Very little pain, just slight ant bite then cramp.. Its very fast 5-10 procedure.. So will be waiting for results in 2 weeks time if no call from kkh means good news!

Hey girl, did your doctor explain to you about CVS?
Me and Nmama didn't opt for CVS maybe for that same reason. You might want to talk to your doctor again on this. Also, I think CVS is more expensive than Anmio. I didn't compare on price la, but fyi, CVS is drawing the fluid from baby percentile where this are all the nutrients we supply to baby.

Hmmm thr wasnt any option for anmio thn. And i dint knw much abt cvs or anmio. But aft he explained to me... Yeaa. Am at the clinic waiting now in queue.

Hi there.. So u did cvs or amnio today?

Hey Nmama, i did cvs ytd. Getting Quick test out by mon or tues. The cultural results will be 2 weeks. Bearable pain, I cld only close my eyes and breathe. I was close to breaking down before procedure starts.

Rested in the resting room for half an hour. Once i went in I broke dwn in tears. Thk God hubs was with me.

Hey Nmama, i did cvs ytd. Getting Quick test out by mon or tues. The cultural results will be 2 weeks. Bearable pain, I cld only close my eyes and breathe. I was close to breaking down before procedure starts.

Rested in the resting room for half an hour. Once i went in I broke dwn in tears. Thk God hubs was with me.

Hi givemefries,

I hope u get good news next week.. I did not opt for fast results cos need to pay extra $250..
Lucky ur hubs wit u gal.. I went alone cos my hubby offshore..
Anyway update me on ur results ok! Stay strong :)

Hi ladies, I jus got my quick test results tdy. Baby is clear of DS. And am expecting a baby girl =)

No pref of gender... Cvs tests dna n knws gender too so yay.

Good luck to u ladies and ur lil one.

Yey!! Congrats to u babe!!

i wish i have bb gal too.. :)

So happy to see some expecting mothers with good results here.

I just got a call frm my gynae that my blood test result for ds is high at 1:27 ratio. Neck fluid during NT screening is about 2.1 and 2.4mm.. now doctor is suggesting me to take CVS for confirmation.

Please pray for me too mommies..

So happy to see some expecting mothers with good results here.

I just got a call frm my gynae that my blood test result for ds is high at 1:27 ratio. Neck fluid during NT screening is about 2.1 and 2.4mm.. now doctor is suggesting me to take CVS for confirmation.

Please pray for me too mommies..

Hello..
Dont worry yet ok.. Now just decide on which test u wan to do.. Im waiting for my results too. Will be praying for u..

Both CVS and amiotic fluid have minimal risk of miscarriage, am so worrying now.

I just did my amnio last week.. very little pain and i tink its safer than CVS.. discuss with ur doc and hubby 1st..

But if u still worry go for Harmony test, no risk of miscarriage.. ur bloodtest will be sent to US..

Hi everyone, glad that I found this forum re CVS/Amnio experience in Singapore

I am 29 this year and 9 weeks into my first pregnancy. Before marriage, my husband and I both knew we are carriers of Thalassemia A and with each pregnancy there is a 1/4 chance that the baby will have the full blown disease (Thalassemia A major - often will self-abort during pregnancy or be still-born), 2/4 chance a carrier like us (healthy), 1/4 -normal. We knew our options beforehand - either a CVS or amniocentesis. There is a non-invasive way but it will mean to do bi-weekly scan from 16th week till 30th week to monitor the blood flow in the baby's brain. But often when the scan detects any abnormality it may be too late into the pregnancy and invasive test still has to be done to confirm.

Having to make the decision now to do a CVS at 13 weeks is heart-wrenching, especially after seeing the baby's shadow and hearing its heartbeat on the scan. What if the CVS procedure hurts a perfectly healthy baby (as there is a 1/300 chance of miscarriage)?

But a 1/4 risk is too high to take and not do any testing about it.

I am glad to see some positive experience with the CVS and Amniocentesis in this forum and hopefully this gives me strength to know that the procedure is mostly safe. I am scheduled for CVS in mid April. Of cos I have to deal with the aftermath of the results too, 1/4 is a big percentage but I suppose I should look forward to the 3/4 chance where the baby can be perfectly healthy.

I am 29 this year and 9 weeks into my first pregnancy. Before marriage, my husband and I both knew we are carriers of Thalassemia A and with each pregnancy there is a 1/4 chance that the baby will have the full blown disease (Thalassemia A major - often will self-abort during pregnancy or be still-born), 2/4 chance a carrier like us (healthy), 1/4 -normal. We knew our options beforehand - either a CVS or amniocentesis. There is a non-invasive way but it will mean to do bi-weekly scan from 16th week till 30th week to monitor the blood flow in the baby's brain. But often when the scan detects any abnormality it may be too late into the pregnancy and invasive test still has to be done to confirm.

Having to make the decision now to do a CVS at 13 weeks is heart-wrenching, especially after seeing the baby's shadow and hearing its heartbeat on the scan. What if the CVS procedure hurts a perfectly healthy baby (as there is a 1/300 chance of miscarriage)?

I am glad to see some positive experience with the CVS and Amniocentesis in this forum and hopefully this gives me strength to know that the procedure is mostly safe. I am scheduled for CVS in mid April. Of cos I have to deal with the aftermath of the results too, 1/4 is a big percentage but I suppose I should look forward to the 3/4 chance where the baby can be perfectly healthy.

Hey don't worry, though there's a small risk in CVS but the risk is still rather low. As long as Gynae is skillful and you have faith in baby, most importantly, rest up after the procedure, all will be fine.

Hugggs rcving the news n knowing u need to go for cvs/amnio is omggg.

Waiting for the results is another. Try not to think and stay positive. I try but I will still break down when I think of it.

Jus have bed rest aft procedure. Doc gave me 1 day mc but I needed too as the following day work for me is intense. Rest is impt.

Hi faith_86,

Dont worry abt CVS or Amnio, normally e gynae will be very experience doing it.. Just go ahead for the test and rest well after it.. dont carry heavy stuffs and rest in bed..

i have a fren with thalassemia and baby her is good..

While waiting for e results enjoy ur pregnancy moment, stay happy & positive okie.. TC!

I just did my CVS (trans-abdominal) today, and seriously it hurt.

First, the doctor will clean the skin with some antiseptic and then a local anaesthetic is given through the skin of abdomen using a fine and thin needle to numb. A needle is then inserted through the skin into the placenta in the womb, under ultrasound guidance. You will feel some pain momentarily as the needle enters the uterus (very uncomfortable and slight sharp pain). A smaller second needle is then inserted through the first needle. With a forward and backward movement, a small amount of placental tissue is then drawn up into a syringe. disconfort when pulling out (thank goodness). After the tissue is obtained, both needles are then withdrawn and a little plaster is applied to it.

Doctor said that sometimes some mother have to go through 2 times if the collected tissues is failed.. such as.. blood is too sticky and thick, that will cause difficulty in separating blood and the tissues.

I hope this information is helpful to some mothers that are going through the same procedure but not knowing how it is done. By good mean, not trying to scare you. Anyway, it toOk abt 15mins.. though I feel like it's more than that.

So, now I get 3 days off in total.. and some break as my husband will be taking care of my daughter.

Pray hard to hear good news on Thursday and hope that baby is safe and healthy.

Hi y3

If u c our earlier posts (including mine)n those who did cvs got gd results..so u wil b oso..i talk to bb n kip mysef occupied by watchin drama etc play silly games like angry birds fm ipad etc
i saw yr postin in sep mum forum n i oso due
in sep..
I oso worried i nid to do cvs again tat x cos doc saw the tubes n said v bloody n hope the lab cud clean up.

I just did my CVS (trans-abdominal) today, and seriously it hurt.

First, the doctor will clean the skin with some antiseptic and then a local anaesthetic is given through the skin of abdomen using a fine and thin needle to numb. A needle is then inserted through the skin into the placenta in the womb, under ultrasound guidance. You will feel some pain momentarily as the needle enters the uterus (very uncomfortable and slight sharp pain). A smaller second needle is then inserted through the first needle. With a forward and backward movement, a small amount of placental tissue is then drawn up into a syringe. disconfort when pulling out (thank goodness). After the tissue is obtained, both needles are then withdrawn and a little plaster is applied to it.

Doctor said that sometimes some mother have to go through 2 times if the collected tissues is failed.. such as.. blood is too sticky and thick, that will cause difficulty in separating blood and the tissues.

I hope this information is helpful to some mothers that are going through the same procedure but not knowing how it is done. By good mean, not trying to scare you. Anyway, it toOk abt 15mins.. though I feel like it's more than that.

So, now I get 3 days off in total.. and some break as my husband will be taking care of my daughter.

Pray hard to hear good news on Thursday and hope that baby is safe and healthy.

Good Luck & rest well yah! :)

Thanks Vivileow & Nmama for the kind words, I have got my preliminary result on the second day after I took the CVS test, it's a good result which my baby BOY is not suffering from any chromosome abnormalities, and yes, I'm expecting a BOY! Perfect "combo" as I have a 20 mths daughter and soon a son. I am a happy mom :)

Good luck to all mothers.

hi faith, i wish u best of luck and faith! rmb to talk to your baby, don worry if he or she can or cannot hear. keep going and have a smooth journey!

Nmama, wish u good luck in your test in april.

so lucky that i happened to chance upon this thread! my baby was test abnormal on the neck fluid too. 3mm+ thick. of cos as a mum i was so worried but was scheduled another heart test for baby in april. hope everything went out well.

i just hope everyone can have a smooth journey, it is not easy to come by and especially for those who have tried for soooo many years! Let's hope our faith and hope will not be shattered and that we all can have a healthy baby in our arms, it doesn't matter it is a boy or girl :) cheers

Thanks Vivileow & Nmama for the kind words, I have got my preliminary result on the second day after I took the CVS test, it's a good result which my baby BOY is not suffering from any chromosome abnormalities, and yes, I'm expecting a BOY! Perfect "combo" as I have a 20 mths daughter and soon a son. I am a happy mom :)

Good luck to all mothers.

Congrats Mummy!!! so happy for u..
im waiting for my results too.. if KKH don't call me by this week it will be good news.. im so nervous haha

Nmama, wish u good luck in your test in april.

so lucky that i happened to chance upon this thread! my baby was test abnormal on the neck fluid too. 3mm+ thick. of cos as a mum i was so worried but was scheduled another heart test for baby in april. hope everything went out well.

i just hope everyone can have a smooth journey, it is not easy to come by and especially for those who have tried for soooo many years! Let's hope our faith and hope will not be shattered and that we all can have a healthy baby in our arms, it doesn't matter it is a boy or girl :) cheers

hi Emily,

my baby also neck fluid thickness 3mm, ratio 1:98.
i also went for the heart test for baby.. so far it was ok..
don't worry yah.. i know its stressful but u really have to think positive..just go with the flow..
everyday i keep praying that my baby will be ok.. Urs will be too ok.. will pray for u too!
will update soon ;)

hi Emily,

my baby also neck fluid thickness 3mm, ratio 1:98.
i also went for the heart test for baby.. so far it was ok..
don't worry yah.. i know its stressful but u really have to think positive..just go with the flow..
everyday i keep praying that my baby will be ok.. Urs will be too ok.. will pray for u too!
will update soon ;)
thank u! hmm how do u see the ratio? mine only written 3.1mm didnt state ratio

My Doc was the one who inform me abt my ratio.. 1:98
for example.. if 98 people eat nasi lemak, 1 may get food poisoning.. something like that lah..
oic. my doc didnt tell me anything about it. only said very common, schedule me for heart test for bb

Hey ladies, my quick results came back last week and baby's T13,18,21 is ruled out. Thank God.

Detailed results pending as nurses mention my cvs growth is slow. But doc said so far it's okay.

And we're expecting a girl for our first child.

Praying for you ladies, strength and positive thoughts to be with you. Baby's gna be fine.

(my lil one was scanned of 3.6mm NT during week 12, at week 14 scan it was significantly lowered to 1.5/1.7mm)

Back