Baby Market Fair @ Expo 10 - 12 July Expo Hall 5

triplet_dad

Hi, just to check who is going for the baby market fair this weekend?

Its my first fair, not sure what to expect. Any other mummies can shed some light
on what is being sold and whether there are really good offers? I saw a publication
on the fair, "5 minutes per booth, will take 11 hours to complete all the stalls"... is it
really that massive?

I haven't bought anything yet, and my EDD is oct 2015 (triplet). Is there any specific stalls I should
pay more attention to?

Attachments

• baby market fair plan_Page_1.jpg
    baby market fair plan_Page_1.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 212
  • baby market fair plan_Page_2.jpg
    baby market fair plan_Page_2.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 167
  • baby market fair plan_Page_3.jpg
    baby market fair plan_Page_3.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 157
  • baby market fair plan_Page_4.jpg
    baby market fair plan_Page_4.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 155
  • baby market fair plan_Page_5.jpg
    baby market fair plan_Page_5.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 162
  • baby market fair plan_Page_6.jpg
    baby market fair plan_Page_6.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 161

Actually all these baby fairs are more or less the same, most of the case is simply look see look see. I believe this one would be crowded, just becareful when walk around. Certain things could be at a good deal but you gotta do some research in advance and know what you wanna buy, but most are more or less the same price as you buy in store or online.
If you have anything hands down take first especially you having triplets, then u see anything still in need and look for them. You will find a lot of "wow so nice to have things" especially in baby fairs but in reality they turn into white elephants.

Actually all these baby fairs are more or less the same, most of the case is simply look see look see. I believe this one would be crowded, just becareful when walk around. Certain things could be at a good deal but you gotta do some research in advance and know what you wanna buy, but most are more or less the same price as you buy in store or online.
If you have anything hands down take first especially you having triplets, then u see anything still in need and look for them. You will find a lot of "wow so nice to have things" especially in baby fairs but in reality they turn into white elephants.

thanks nvidia... white elephants huh? now, thats a scary thought.. sounds familiar. heheh. :)

I'm a FTM & I got the big ticket items from such baby fairs, e.g cot/stroller/car seat as the discounts offered were quite reasonable. The rest of the daily essentials can get along the way since a lot I feel is trial & error so no point getting in such huge quantities like diapers / milk bottles etc. Guess it's best to do proper research on the items that you need & narrow down the choices so you don't get overwhelmed or distracted by all the different booths. :)

I'm a FTM & I got the big ticket items from such baby fairs, e.g cot/stroller/car seat as the discounts offered were quite reasonable. The rest of the daily essentials can get along the way since a lot I feel is trial & error so no point getting in such huge quantities like diapers / milk bottles etc. Guess it's best to do proper research on the items that you need & narrow down the choices so you don't get overwhelmed or distracted by all the different booths. :)

trial and error is a good way to go, but not for triplets... sure do not want items to be left as white elephants. but thanks for the advice nonetheless...

Things you have to get ready before babies arrived are bedding items (cot/mattress/playpen, blanket/swaddle, covers etc.), clothings, bathtub, towels.
For your case logistic to go out is a major issue. You will need to think of how to get around with your babies, for example, how are u going to make your trips for vaccination, and then decide if u need strollers, care seats, baby carriers etc.
Like what Sshl_Singapore said, other essentials are really trial and error, only after babies arrived then you will know what is suitable for them. Check those goodies bag and dig out all the samples of diapers, bath soap, etc to use first. Of coz you would still need to have some ready to standby in the beginning, however, don't overbuy all those stuff.

and here are some attractive prices for what you can find there... though going thro, not everything is at a BEST price, in my opinion that is... ;)

babyworldmagazinejuly2_Page_25.jpg babyworldmagazinejuly2_Page_26.jpg babyworldmagazinejuly2_Page_27.jpg babyworldmagazinejuly2_Page_28.jpg babyworldmagazinejuly2_Page_29.jpg babyworldmagazinejuly2_Page_30.jpg babyworldmagazinejuly2_Page_31.jpg

Things you have to get ready before babies arrived are bedding items (cot/mattress/playpen, blanket/swaddle, covers etc.), clothings, bathtub, towels.
For your case logistic to go out is a major issue. You will need to think of how to get around with your babies, for example, how are u going to make your trips for vaccination, and then decide if u need strollers, care seats, baby carriers etc.
Like what Sshl_Singapore said, other essentials are really trial and error, only after babies arrived then you will know what is suitable for them. Check those goodies bag and dig out all the samples of diapers, bath soap, etc to use first. Of coz you would still need to have some ready to standby in the beginning, however, don't overbuy all those stuff.

thanks for the advice... now i hope i have a little insight of what to keep a look out for ;)

went for the show today, ended up buying phillips Avent Sterilizer & bottle warmer, two boxes of bottles, a bunch of bottle teats, pacifiers, some baby clothes and a few cartons of wet wipes.

Phillips had a promotion:- spend $299 received a happycall pot, baby clothes, $50 choice voucher. spend $399 receive those 2 items plus $100 choice voucher and swaddle muslin cloth wrap 3pack.

my poor hubby was involved in a traffic accident on thurs, ended up in a neck brace, hurt his back and knee cap; but managed to carry everything we bought just minus the wet wipes which the company had arranged to deliver to us next week. We had a good deal for the wet wipes. Company LEC 99.9% (booth G30)gave us 2 cartons free after hubby told them I am expecting triplets :). They sponsored us (with condition they take our pic for their facebook page) cos we were the 1st triplet pregnancy couple they came across this year... feeling so happy.

Back