Avent Nipplette for inverted/flat nipples

veriblur

Hi,
Did anyone tried using the above?
Selling at 70++, so am wondering if its really effective since its quite costly.
Pls advise

Yes I have tried it and it is very effective. But should be used preferrably before getting pregnant or when not breastfeeding. If pregnant, can be used during second trimester. Within a week of constant use, nipple becomes erect but you need to constantly use it so that it will stay erect. Hope this helps.

The product recommends that you do not use the nipplette during third trimester and when breastfeeding because of the colostrum or breastmilk may ooz out when the nipplette sucks out the nipple.

I'm in my third trimester too, going to pop any time soon. I used the nipplette in second trimester inconsistently and stopped. Now just started again. The nipplette sucks out the colostrum and so the nipple can get damp, but that's all. I'll just wash and dry myself after my bath and put on the nipplette again.

This is my second pregnancy so the colostrum is released much earlier. I don't remember having much colostrum in third trimester of my first pregnancy. If this is your first pregnancy, then maybe you should be alright using the nipplette now.

Stella,

Do u have any idea where to get the product? Seems like its not cheap at all. I suppose once you give birth, the nipple will pop out. Am i rite to say that?

I had used it, it is good. I wore it most of the time using pregancy and need to buy also the avent soothing nipple cream.

Hi, sorry to intrude.... I am selling my pre-owned Avent Nipplette. Letting go price $40. If you have not bought this product, you might be interested to buy a second hand one?

I have bought this product too late - after I have given birth to my bb gal. I only used it for 2-3 times.

If you really interested, pls PM or email me at [email protected]

takashimaya having bb fair from 16 august, might have avent products..the price will be cheaper

yan2,

Thanks so much for the info. Will go down taka n check it out.

happy.gif

yan2, Stella
Thks for the info, i also thinking wan to get it.
Now i m 6 wks preg for my 2nd BB. Hope can BF. May i check, the Nipplette only start use it during the 2nd trimester? have to use it everyday? & how about the timing? Sorry for so many Question..:p

i wore it during my last trimester after visit to lactation consultant. i wore it everyday, whole day and took out when bath and sleep. would be painfully in the begining but soon it will be ok.

Hi is avent nipplette really effective? I have tried using it but did not use it 24/7 so it does not seems to have any effect to me. I am currently not pregnant yet but was hoping that next time when I have babies I would be able to breastfeed. But as I have inverted nipple so i read that avent nipplette actually helps. But it does not seems to have any effect on me. Any advise??

I had flat nipples when my boy was born. Had trouble breastfeeding him. I didn't use the avent nipplette but used the nipple shield instead (small size). My boy would think it was the bottle teats and suck it. It took him 1 month plus to learn how to suck without the nipple shield but by that time, my nipples had already come out due to his constant sucking with the nipple shield. Hope those who wants to save $ can use this method.

Hi! Actually my hubby went to buy the nipplette..but I think my manual pump works betta. When I express my milk using the pump on the inverted nipple, the nipple eventually became ok. The nipplette did not seem to have much use for me, maybe I did not use it / wear it for that long. I only used it for a few days, and for a few minutes before breastfeeding. Now, hoping to sell it at $40 (bought it at $70 plus from TMC).

It is very new, properly sterilised and well kept. Just bought it in March 2008 when my gal was delivered end Feb. Let me know if anyone is interested.

hi!
i'm want to give the avent nipplette a try since the shield, shells and breast pump doesn't work for me. anyone want to sell used avent nipplette, pls let me know or can email me at [email protected]
my baby is already 5mths old and only sucking my right breast. i hv flat left nipple and am so upset that my son can't BF the left breast.
tks!

Back