Aug 17 Ivf cycle

Hi Adeq, thanks for the sharing. How long is e procedure? I am going for Day 5 Blastocyst too. Is it painful?
The procedure is not that long...The only painful is the beginning part when Dr. putting the catheter at yr V...After dat,everything r ok..Can see thru' the tv on how Dr. transfer the embryo...

I hope so too. It's not an easy journey to have disappointment set In and overcome it, multiple failures. My AMH was low I think 1. Something only and doc said is very low for my age group. However when he scan he said my egg reserve was actually ok so I can just ignore my result. I just hope my follicles react better to higher dosage this round
Dont worry.. the dr would know how to twist your dosage to make sure u gonna get good and optimum no of eggs! Have faith :)

Hi Irene..My ET was a smooth one thou' my bladder is not really full..heehee!
My procedure is called Day 5 Blastocyst..
After the ER, Dr. did mention she took 11 follicles...And today, Dr. told me there are 9 good embryos & will monitor on the outcome for the next 1-2days for it before they freeze it..
And gd luck & rest assure everything gonna b just fine..Don't forget to drink lots & lots of plain water...
Hi! Any idea why was yours day5? Mine was a day 3 transfer.

Hi! Any idea why was yours day5? Mine was a day 3 transfer.
Hi kitty2017...Am not really sure abt it but it's Dr.Jessie told me to go for Day-5 Blastocyst procedure after my ER...Maybe previously I had 2 failed SO-IUI so, I guess this is a better choice for me..
Out of my 11 eggs, I hv 9 gd embryos under the Blastocyst procedure..So now,the remaining 8 embryos will need to monitor another 1-2days more before they freeze it...Was informed by the embryoist after my ET...

Last edited:
Hi kitty2017...Am not really sure abt it but it's Dr.Jessie told me to go for Day-5 Blastocyst procedure after my ER...Maybe previously I had 2 failed SO-IUI so, I guess this is a better choice for me..
Out of my 11 eggs, I hv 9 gd embryos under the Blastocyst procedure..So now,the remaining 8 embryos will need to monitor another 1-2days more before they freeze it...Was informed by the embryoist after my ET...

Oh I see! When was your ET and your blood test day??

Hi catinthesky, you under which doc? My doctor told me frozen egg transfer has higher chances of success rate compare to fresh egg transfer. He explain that during ICIS, fresh sperm take harder procedure to go in to fresh egg, like swimmer swim in high tide sea, big currents, to tekong. But frozen egg lining thin after thaw, during ICIS, sperm easier to go in, like swimmer swim to tekong but sea is very calm.

I'm under Dr Chew at NUH like most of you here. Are you also under him, because the story sounds like the kind of stories he always tells me HAHAHA.

Good luck to your ET tomorrow!!! Dr Chew never told me my lining good or not. But i learn from the nurse whether my lining good or not. She explained mine is 3 layer while others only single layer. Suddenly feel i like 三层肉, But end of day, I also dont know lining thick is good or not, or how it will affect our ivf. Anyone can enlighten me?

Triple lining is optimal for implantation. But of course it's not a guarantee... I always have triple lining but failed also. Egg quality is more important in my opinion...

I've asked the nurse before, she said anything above 16mm is too thick. If i'm not wrong, the minimum is around 7mm onwards for implantation to take place (not sure).

Last edited:
Hi all..
Need some advise..
Im in my 9dp3dt.. HPT shows positive..
Could it be false positive due to hcg shot?
Anyone has similar exp
Actually dont intend to test till BT but itchy hands..

Thks! Hope is not a false positive.
Have e pain/discomfort come down post transfer?
Chuhuan u should test again tomorrow to see if it get darker. I got no discomfort cause this round was frozen transfer. I only got discomfort on proluton injection. other than that my itchy hand test still nothing.

Glad to have found this thread! :)

This is my first cycle and I am on my Day 8 of stimulation jabs.
Done with Gonal-F (from 24/8 - 27/8) but still under Cetrotide and Pergoveris (from 28/8 - 4/9) until my follow up on Monday at NUH. Was told by Doc Shakina my follicles are growing well and most likely will be scheduled for ER on Wednesday. *fingers crossed*

Have been TTC for nearly 5 years and I am hoping for a miracle.

*baby dust to all* and may it be a smooth one!

Hi all, I am thinking of going for ivf. Can I ask if I am below 35, will I have a choice to transfer two embryo or it will only be one embryo? I am planning to go for ivf at sgh.

Hi all, I am thinking of going for ivf. Can I ask if I am below 35, will I have a choice to transfer two embryo or it will only be one embryo? I am planning to go for ivf at sgh.

For age below 35, you are allowed to transfer max 2 embryos each time. Good luck !

Hi,

I don't need crinone anymore as I am now pregnant naturally. I am selling the balance (14 sticks) at half price. PM me for further details.

Exp date - 09/2019

Hi Ladies, anyone here midway stop their fresh cycle after the embryo retrieval and freeze their embryos for frozen cycle? Do you experience sharp pain and cramps when your menses come? Now i still feel very cramp on my day 5 of menses and wonder is it normal or not.

Glad to have found this thread! :)

This is my first cycle and I am on my Day 8 of stimulation jabs.
Done with Gonal-F (from 24/8 - 27/8) but still under Cetrotide and Pergoveris (from 28/8 - 4/9) until my follow up on Monday at NUH. Was told by Doc Shakina my follicles are growing well and most likely will be scheduled for ER on Wednesday. *fingers crossed*

Have been TTC for nearly 5 years and I am hoping for a miracle.

*baby dust to all* and may it be a smooth one!
Good luck to your ER this coming wed!!!

Ladies.. i also have my first ivf cycle on aug.. my blood test is this thursday.. yesterday i saw some brown spotting.. & kinda sad that i might b out alrdy.
I test HPT this morning ; turns out neg...

Really hope that blood test can turn out positive

Good luck to your ER this coming wed!!!

Hi Ladies, anyone here midway stop their fresh cycle after the embryo retrieval and freeze their embryos for frozen cycle? Do you experience sharp pain and cramps when your menses come? Now i still feel very cramp on my day 5 of menses and wonder is it normal or not.

Will be scheduled for ER this Friday instead but sadly will be frozen due to OHSS and to do ET the following month.
:(

Hi All,

need some advice. After i start IVF cycle, my menses these few months start to be a bit weird. Its like usually my cycle only heavy flow on 1-3rd day then 4-6 day will be jus brownish. But after starting IVF, i realised from 4 or 5 day suddenly will red blood again. Today already my 8th day but still bleeding when my menses supposed to start to stop on 6th day. Just wondering anyone experience this after IVF? Could it be the lining wall and is it common? I also experience cramp pain when peeing. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm on my 11th day post day 3 transfer. I am having those menses like cramp, anyone has the same symptom? Should I be concern?

oh dear. were you at risk for OHSS? Hope you feel better soon!

Yup, mild OHSS for now. But was told it would be a lot worst after ER thus was advised to do FET at a later date.

Thanks! Im hoping to get it over ASAP! Really feeling uncomfortable these few days.

Will be scheduled for ER this Friday instead but sadly will be frozen due to OHSS and to do ET the following month.
:(

FET may not necessarily be a bad thing. For my first IVF, I did the ER but froze my one and only embryo. I did the FET the very next month and have a son now.

I'm in the midst of my second IVF and I froze my 2 embryos as well and am waiting to do FET.

So maybe it all happens for better. Get the medication out of your system etc first. At the same time, can tiao the body for FET.

FET may not necessarily be a bad thing. For my first IVF, I did the ER but froze my one and only embryo. I did the FET the very next month and have a son now.

I'm in the midst of my second IVF and I froze my 2 embryos as well and am waiting to do FET.

So maybe it all happens for better. Get the medication out of your system etc first. At the same time, can tiao the body for FET.
Hi spinsterella, what did u do to tiao ur body for FET? I jus failed my fresh cycle & hoping to success at FET...

Just started mine cycle a couple of days ago. The thought of jabbing myself every morning is super sian. And my gynae put me on a double stimulation program meaning I have to jab myself for 2 months and go thru 2 rounds of egg retrievals. Just ranting here really. =.=

Just started mine cycle a couple of days ago. The thought of jabbing myself every morning is super sian. And my gynae put me on a double stimulation program meaning I have to jab myself for 2 months and go thru 2 rounds of egg retrievals. Just ranting here really. =.=

why need to go through 2 round of fresh? ur egg reserve very low?

Back