Aug 17 Ivf cycle

Hi guys,

I'm most likely going to do IVF, did bloodwork, HyFoSy and husband did SA. Now waiting for doctor's appointment to advise whether IVF is suitable.

May I know roughly how long did you guys wait once the doctor decided that you guys are eligible for IVF? I'm a subsidised patient at KK hospital and am afraid of a long wait. Would be great if you guys can share... Thank you! :)

Well, as for both myself & hubby, we did all the tests in KKH... But Dr.Jessie asked us to go for SO-IUI first before going for IVF...Did 2 SO-IUI and had failed both... Was hoping for the 2nd IUI to b successful but luck wasn't with me... Had a miscarriage in June...
And now, starting a fresh cycle for IVF... Waiting time for IVF depends on the available slot in KKIVF... All the best & gd luck dear... ;):)

Hey MarieL0212.. How's yr scanning today??

How long were you on Gonal-F injections?? Did u went thru' SO-IUI before IVF?? I had 2 cycles of SO-IUI which 1 of it, I had an early miscarriage.. :( So now, Dr.Jessie Phoon at KKH asked to go for IVF... Waiting till this Friday to see how my follicles grow...
It was good! Had more follicles and they were larger than on Fri. I am scheduled for extraction on Wed and fingers crossed, implantation on Fri.

I didn't go through IUI because Dr Tan felt based on my and my husband's medical history, we should go straight to fresh cycle. I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2014 (natural conception) and had a left fallopian tube removed. Thankfully, my eggs, hormones and my husband's sperms are ok so Dr Tan said to go ahead.

I had about 7 days of Gonal F injections and also the blocker jab. Tonight, I will be taking the release jab for my procedure on Wed.

Everyone going through IVF take care! It is really not easy.

It was good! Had more follicles and they were larger than on Fri. I am scheduled for extraction on Wed and fingers crossed, implantation on Fri.

I didn't go through IUI because Dr Tan felt based on my and my husband's medical history, we should go straight to fresh cycle. I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2014 (natural conception) and had a left fallopian tube removed. Thankfully, my eggs, hormones and my husband's sperms are ok so Dr Tan said to go ahead.

I had about 7 days of Gonal F injections and also the blocker jab. Tonight, I will be taking the release jab for my procedure on Wed.

Everyone going through IVF take care! It is really not easy.

That's a great news Mariel... Pls do relax yrself and don't stress yrself out... Best of luck & take gd care of yrself... :);)

Hi all, I'm on August cycle too. I'm on my 1st fresh cycle with THH at KHH.

On my 3rd days of injection. The nurse informed me THH will not be around end August. So upset that he will not be the doctor for my transfer.

Oh really? I have appt with him on 29 aug for endo scratch

Hi guys,

I'm most likely going to do IVF, did bloodwork, HyFoSy and husband did SA. Now waiting for doctor's appointment to advise whether IVF is suitable.

May I know roughly how long did you guys wait once the doctor decided that you guys are eligible for IVF? I'm a subsidised patient at KK hospital and am afraid of a long wait. Would be great if you guys can share... Thank you! :)

The wait at Kkh is very long around 3months once u confirm want to proceed ivf.

The wait at Kkh is very long around 3months once u confirm want to proceed ivf.
I first saw Dr Tan in Jan to schedule checks. By the time I got my results and was given the go ahead by Dr Tan to go for IVF, I was given the August cycle. So it's really quite a long wait.

I first saw Dr Tan in Jan to schedule checks. By the time I got my results and was given the go ahead by Dr Tan to go for IVF, I was given the August cycle. So it's really quite a long wait.

My first saw Dr Tan is in Mar and he scheduled me May SO-IUI but failed so Aug IVF. I'm consider luck not to wait too long and hope my fist IVF cycle will work. I thinking of transfer 2 embryos.

Hi ladies, seems like most of you go KK fo ivf. I am with NUH and today is 3rd day of injection after doing my endoscratch. Do you all feel bloated and cramp after injection?

Hello ladies. I've just completed the egg extraction today and I am actually v shocked that Tan HH was like superman extracting eggs from 6 to 8 women one after another.

Feeling super bloated and back ache now. Hoping for good news for my appointment on Fri.

May I ask in what condition you are required for Endoscratch.
I am under Doc Chew and heard from the nurses that he will normally want his patients to go for endoscratch, be it first cycle or so, to allow better implantation. I heard and know friends who only do endoscratch upon their own request or after several failed cycles. So when Doc Chew told me to do so, i just follow. So far quite ok under his consultation and care.

Hello ladies. I've just completed the egg extraction today and I am actually v shocked that Tan HH was like superman extracting eggs from 6 to 8 women one after another.

Feeling super bloated and back ache now. Hoping for good news for my appointment on Fri.
wah, really like superman. Haa... Did they give u any painkillers to ease the pain?

Previously I was at SGH do my IVF but failed twice, so Dr tan HH suggest do Endoscopy to check if I have any problem.. Is good that he recommend something new that SGH Dr never give any new suggest, just ask me had the same medication that I used previously on my past 2 IVF.
do u remember which day u did the scope and endo scratch of ur menses cycle?

They didn't tell you how many eggs they extracted?

Hi all, I'm on August cycle too. I'm on my 1st fresh cycle with THH at KHH.

On my 3rd days of injection. The nurse informed me THH will not be around end August. So upset that he will not be the doctor for my transfer.

Hi Alicia, you are under THH as well? He will not be around end Aug? Any idea when he be back?

How long u waited for them to put in e embryo after extraction?

Hi Ladies...I just had my eggs retrieval just now in KKH...Got 11 eggs retrieved by Dr.Jessie Phoon..Still feeling pain at the abdominal area but bearable..20days of HL..
And to those who r going for the eggs retrieval, rest assured everything gonna b fine..

Hi Ladies...I just had my eggs retrieval just now in KKH...Got 11 eggs retrieved by Dr.Jessie Phoon..Still feeling pain at the abdominal area but bearable..20days of HL..
And to those who r going for the eggs retrieval, rest assured everything gonna b fine..
Hi, to check, immediately after the egg retrieval they gave the 20 days HL? Not after the embryo insertion?

Hi, to check, immediately after the egg retrieval they gave the 20 days HL? Not after the embryo insertion?
Hi Irene..Yupz,immediately after the egg retrieval, you'll get the HL...Before you go for your egg retrieval appt, the nurse will call and inform you before hand..

Hi Adeq, do u rest few hrs at the hospital after your retreival?

Hi Adeq, do u rest few hrs at the hospital after your retreival?
Hi Ching..After the eggs retrieval, you'll place at the temporary ward till you r fully awake and stable before the nurses called your husband to fetch...
I was in the theatre room at 12.40pm..And they called my husband at 2.40pm and only left kkh at abt 4.30pm after collecting medicines...

Hi Ching..After the eggs retrieval, you'll place at the temporary ward till you r fully awake and stable before the nurses called your husband to fetch...
I was in the theatre room at 12.40pm..And they called my husband at 2.40pm and only left kkh at abt 4.30pm after collecting medicines...
Hi Adeq, what time is ur procedure?

Hi Adeq, what time is ur procedure?
Irene..My appt today is 12pm but reach KKH at 11.30am..So waited till 12.20pm before the nurse called in and asked to change..By 1pm in the theatre, Dr.Jessie and others r all ready..And off I go to Lala land after the sedation...

Irene..My appt today is 12pm but reach KKH at 11.30am..So waited till 12.20pm before the nurse called in and asked to change..By 1pm in the theatre, Dr.Jessie and others r all ready..And off I go to Lala land after the sedation...
Adeq, thanks for sharing. How u feeling now? Feel ok? By e way, does e HL indicate IVF?

Adeq, thanks for sharing. How u feeling now? Feel ok? By e way, does e HL indicate IVF?
Don't mention it, Irene..Willingly to share with others as well..
Feeling better and slight cramp only..Nope, the HL doesn't indicate anything abt IVF..
And forgot to mention, after the egg retrieval, you need to insert a gel into yr vagina (twice a day)..Understand that this gel is to make your walls thin before doing the embryo transfer..

Don't mention it, Irene..Willingly to share with others as well..
Feeling better and slight cramp only..Nope, the HL doesn't indicate anything abt IVF..
And forgot to mention, after the egg retrieval, you need to insert a gel into yr vagina (twice a day)..Understand that this gel is to make your walls thin before doing the embryo transfer..
Thanks so much Adeq. All e lucks for your ET.

Hi Adeq, do we need to fast the night before the procedure?

I am under Doc Chew and heard from the nurses that he will normally want his patients to go for endoscratch, be it first cycle or so, to allow better implantation. I heard and know friends who only do endoscratch upon their own request or after several failed cycles. So when Doc Chew told me to do so, i just follow. So far quite ok under his consultation and care.
Hi Chingching, i am with Dr Chew too... he didnt recommend endo scratch for me. This is my 2nd fresh... 1st was with kkh, i switched to nuh for this current cycle. Today is my 5th day of gonal f and 1st day of menopur!

LOL! I hope I don't turn into a monster with all the extra hormones in my body then. How's your cycle going? :) all the best!
haha, wont turn into monster la. we just hope with all these extra hormones can help us and become another "M" , Mummy. Lol. My cycle still manageable, keep eating and eating to ease the anxiety. Now feel stomach very bloated and bit nausea, maybe the eggs are growing well.

Hi Chingching, i am with Dr Chew too... he didnt recommend endo scratch for me. This is my 2nd fresh... 1st was with kkh, i switched to nuh for this current cycle. Today is my 5th day of gonal f and 1st day of menopur!
Hi HavingHope! Wah, urs is gonal f and menopur today ah. Jia You!! Gonal f is easier to inject, so keep it slow & easy for Menopur. Last review when saw Dr Chew, first thing he say "Menopur most painful than Gonal F hor". I told him can back Gonal F or not, silence is his answer and still Menopur till now

Back