Aug 17 Ivf cycle

haha, wont turn into monster la. we just hope with all these extra hormones can help us and become another "M" , Mummy. Lol. My cycle still manageable, keep eating and eating to ease the anxiety. Now feel stomach very bloated and bit nausea, maybe the eggs are growing well.

:) positive thoughts work!

Hi Adeq, do we need to fast the night before the procedure?
Hi Xiaobell..Yes, u need to fast before the procedure depends on what time you need to trigger the jab..Understand from the nurse, 8hrs before the egg retrieval..
For my case, I hv to do jab in the wee hrs at 1am (Tues) and I cannot eat/drink from 5am onwards (today)..

Hi HavingHope! Wah, urs is gonal f and menopur today ah. Jia You!! Gonal f is easier to inject, so keep it slow & easy for Menopur. Last review when saw Dr Chew, first thing he say "Menopur most painful than Gonal F hor". I told him can back Gonal F or not, silence is his answer and still Menopur till now
My goodness.. Menopur is really more painful than Gonal F by so much.. im on the 2nd day of Menopur and 1st day of Orgalutran... finished Gonal F already, going to see Dr Chew on Saturday... you going ER soon?

My goodness.. Menopur is really more painful than Gonal F by so much.. im on the 2nd day of Menopur and 1st day of Orgalutran... finished Gonal F already, going to see Dr Chew on Saturday... you going ER soon?
Yupz, i am gg ER this saturday morning after today's review. But i cannot do fresh embryo transfer because of my OHSS, stomach too bloated and they scare i will have complications. So after ER, i can only able to start my frozen cycle on Nov as October they are doing some upgrading. I ask the nurse today about menopur and she explain is helping on our egg quality. So continue and jia you!!

Yupz, i am gg ER this saturday morning after today's review. But i cannot do fresh embryo transfer because of my OHSS, stomach too bloated and they scare i will have complications. So after ER, i can only able to start my frozen cycle on Nov as October they are doing some upgrading. I ask the nurse today about menopur and she explain is helping on our egg quality. So continue and jia you!!
Yep.. i know menopur is to improve embryo quality! I am going for scan this saturday morning too at CHR... Dr Chew said i have to freeze all also, as i have too many follicles, scared of ohss too... in this case, i can only do frozen in november also? Need to wait for so long...

Yep.. i know menopur is to improve embryo quality! I am going for scan this saturday morning too at CHR... Dr Chew said i have to freeze all also, as i have too many follicles, scared of ohss too... in this case, i can only do frozen in november also? Need to wait for so long...
You have many follices too? Just follow Dr Chew ba. Frozen cycle success rate is higher according to Dr Chew. And also is a good time for us to have good rest and prepare our body for the frozen transfer. I now even planning to go travelling before my Nov menses start

How many follicles u having now?

How about yours? I keep inject right side but end of day Dr Chew say no difference of injecting which area as it will spread. Lol
Currently after 6 days of injection, i have 10 follicles on right and 12 follicles on left.. i think my ER should be next week

do u remember which day u did the scope and endo scratch of ur menses cycle?
do u remember which day u did the scope and endo scratch of ur menses cycle?
Hi,
I haven't done my Endoscopy yet, Is not done on ur menses day... I call them on 17th tis month when my full flow menses cum n told mi my Scopy appt will be on 6th Sept .. Actuali I also tot will be done on my menses day but is not ..

Currently after 6 days of injection, i have 10 follicles on right and 12 follicles on left.. i think my ER should be next week
Hi havinghope and chinhching, I am also doing ivf in NUH. My doc is Prof Wong. He told me to freeze all my embryo too, and not do the ET this cycle due to risk of OHSS as well. But like both of you have mentioned, this would mean waiting till Nov cuz of the closure of the clinic for maintenance. Thus I decided to proceed with et despite the risks

Hi havinghope and chinhching, I am also doing ivf in NUH. My doc is Prof Wong. He told me to freeze all my embryo too, and not do the ET this cycle due to risk of OHSS as well. But like both of you have mentioned, this would mean waiting till Nov cuz of the closure of the clinic for maintenance. Thus I decided to proceed with et despite the risks
Hi Kitty, i just have my ER yday. After ER, my stomach really very bloated and hard to pee. However is better this morning. Just try take more protein now to ease ur ohss. When r u gg for ur ER?

Kitty, u insist to proceed with fresh ET after ER? Prof allowed u to do so? Ohss might be serious.. how many follicles u retrieved? When is your ET?

Hi Kitty, i just have my ER yday. After ER, my stomach really very bloated and hard to pee. However is better this morning. Just try take more protein now to ease ur ohss. When r u gg for ur ER?
Ching ching, so how many follicles u retrieved in all? I went for 3rd scan yesterday and found out that i have a total of 40+ follicles... my goodness.. and its still growing!

Ching ching, so how many follicles u retrieved in all? I went for 3rd scan yesterday and found out that i have a total of 40+ follicles... my goodness.. and its still growing!

Wow that's a lot. You reacted well to the dosage. I wish I have that many.
When r u doing the transfer?

Hi HavingHope, yours 40+ folicles really alot. Is your stomach very bloating now? Remember take more h20 & protein food, really feel better. Yesterday they check total 31 folicles and 28 eggs retrieved during ER. It is really advisable to take a rest first before the transfer as per doctor's advice. Yday totally cannot walk much and stomach bloated bigger than before. Today much better and at least pee wont be so painful. My hubby also encourage me to take a break first as no matter what we want to have a smooth ivf journey and higher success rate. So all ladies, let's all jia you here!

Wow that's a lot. You reacted well to the dosage. I wish I have that many.
When r u doing the transfer?
Dr Chew already reduced my dose to so minimum but i still produced so many follicles.. too many might not be good as the quality might not be that well... i am still under stimm until the next review on Tuesday... its going to be a freeze all

Hi HavingHope, yours 40+ folicles really alot. Is your stomach very bloating now? Remember take more h20 & protein food, really feel better. Yesterday they check total 31 folicles and 28 eggs retrieved during ER. It is really advisable to take a rest first before the transfer as per doctor's advice. Yday totally cannot walk much and stomach bloated bigger than before. Today much better and at least pee wont be so painful. My hubby also encourage me to take a break first as no matter what we want to have a smooth ivf journey and higher success rate. So all ladies, let's all jia you here!
The prob is i dont feel any bloatedness as compared to my first cycle which dr retrieved 25 follicles! I am so so bloated previously as the follicles grew too fast! This time round, i feel so much better... usually the bloated and the uncomfy comes after ER, so im keeping my finger cross...

I've failed 2 fresh transfers and my dr feels that maybe FET will work better for me.
Hi catinthesky, you under which doc? My doctor told me frozen egg transfer has higher chances of success rate compare to fresh egg transfer. He explain that during ICIS, fresh sperm take harder procedure to go in to fresh egg, like swimmer swim in high tide sea, big currents, to tekong. But frozen egg lining thin after thaw, during ICIS, sperm easier to go in, like swimmer swim to tekong but sea is very calm.

Dr Chew already reduced my dose to so minimum but i still produced so many follicles.. too many might not be good as the quality might not be that well... i am still under stimm until the next review on Tuesday... its going to be a freeze all

I'm going to ask dr tan to up my dosage this time round. Reacted poorly the last cycle and had only 8 eggs. My AMH is low for my age. Sigh hopefully able to stimulate more eggs. At least more to transfer and freeze for future use

The prob is i dont feel any bloatedness as compared to my first cycle which dr retrieved 25 follicles! I am so so bloated previously as the follicles grew too fast! This time round, i feel so much better... usually the bloated and the uncomfy comes after ER, so im keeping my finger cross...
Good that your body manage well this time and cycle. Think we both are too fertile liao, lol. Hope our eggs will come out to be alot quality egg from our "production"

I'm going to ask dr tan to up my dosage this time round. Reacted poorly the last cycle and had only 8 eggs. My AMH is low for my age. Sigh hopefully able to stimulate more eggs. At least more to transfer and freeze for future use
Dont worry... its not a matter of how many we produced but the quality of the eggs are more impt.. no point producing too many but poor quality...when is your next fresh cycle? You started?

Good that your body manage well this time and cycle. Think we both are too fertile liao, lol. Hope our eggs will come out to be alot quality egg from our "production"
No lah... dont think its fertile, we just react too well to the drugs! Now praying hard for the quality since we already have the quantity!

Kitty, u insist to proceed with fresh ET after ER? Prof allowed u to do so? Ohss might be serious.. how many follicles u retrieved? When is your ET?
Yes he allowed me to do so. I got 11eggs, but only 6 fertilised in the end. But they are all doing well. So I'm happy :)

My ET is tomorrow. I'm feeling quite depressed. Mood swing over small stuff. Zzzzz

Hi Ching Ching, my ER was on Friday. I don't feel unwell, in fact the bloatness kind of eased. I hope that is not a bad thing :( Tomorrow is the ET day.

Hi catinthesky, you under which doc? My doctor told me frozen egg transfer has higher chances of success rate compare to fresh egg transfer. He explain that during ICIS, fresh sperm take harder procedure to go in to fresh egg, like swimmer swim in high tide sea, big currents, to tekong. But frozen egg lining thin after thaw, during ICIS, sperm easier to go in, like swimmer swim to tekong but sea is very calm.
Hi chingching, I asked Prof Wong and he said frozen and fresh is the same leh.

28 is a lot! Take care and have a good rest chingching!
Just curious how old are you?

Chingching, did your Dr say how thick is your lining? No one told me anything about my lining but my ET is scheduled tomorrow. Previously I have issue w thin lining for a while after my miscarriage, so I am kind of concern. Have forgotten to ask the doc about my lining when I was at the recovery room on Friday :(

Hi Kitty2017, the swimmer swim to tekong story is from Dr Chew, LOL. Then previously i went for private ivf talk, they also recommend frozen cycle. Me ah, 33 yr old this yr

Prof Wong is very cool, won't say much to us.. Just told us to decide ourselves. And only when we asked then he said the success rate is the same. But my hubby and I decided to go for fresh, since the wait for frozen is a few months anyway. So we go for fresh now and still have frozen embryos to try again in Nov. I think I'm lucky and my ohss is v mild or probably I don't have it at all.

I'm 34 this year. You really response well to gonal-f! Do eat more protein! It will help in recovery. I think they also prescribe a pill in the bag of the medicine that will help to stop/prevent ohss. Hope you are recovering well!
Hi Kitty2017, the swimmer swim to tekong story is from Dr Chew, LOL. Then previously i went for private ivf talk, they also recommend frozen cycle. Me ah, 33 yr old this yr

Chingching, did your Dr say how thick is your lining? No one told me anything about my lining but my ET is scheduled tomorrow. Previously I have issue w thin lining for a while after my miscarriage, so I am kind of concern. Have forgotten to ask the doc about my lining when I was at the recovery room on Friday :(
Good luck to your ET tomorrow!!! Dr Chew never told me my lining good or not. But i learn from the nurse whether my lining good or not. She explained mine is 3 layer while others only single layer. Suddenly feel i like 三层肉, But end of day, I also dont know lining thick is good or not, or how it will affect our ivf. Anyone can enlighten me?

Yes he allowed me to do so. I got 11eggs, but only 6 fertilised in the end. But they are all doing well. So I'm happy :)

My ET is tomorrow. I'm feeling quite depressed. Mood swing over small stuff. Zzzzz
Kitty dont worry... 11 eggs shouldnt be ohss, unless u are feeling super bloated! 6 fertilised is a good number, cheer up... you should be happy that u can proceed with ET and no need to wait... stay positive! =)

Dont worry... its not a matter of how many we produced but the quality of the eggs are more impt.. no point producing too many but poor quality...when is your next fresh cycle? You started?

Well I want both quantity and quality if possible. My embryos last cycle was grade 4 but quantity is low after fertilization so I did fresh and 1 frozen. I believe more follicle higher fertilization more blast more frozen.

I'm doing endo scratch next tue so hope it really does improve implantation. New fresh cycle in sep

Well I want both quantity and quality if possible. My embryos last cycle was grade 4 but quantity is low after fertilization so I did fresh and 1 frozen. I believe more follicle higher fertilization more blast more frozen.

I'm doing endo scratch next tue so hope it really does improve implantation. New fresh cycle in sep
Jiayou!! Its going to work out this round...

Kitty dont worry... 11 eggs shouldnt be ohss, unless u are feeling super bloated! 6 fertilised is a good number, cheer up... you should be happy that u can proceed with ET and no need to wait... stay positive! =)
Thanks havinghope. I'm feeling much better. But the mood swing is quite horrible. I need to meditate or something I think. Strange cuz I don't experience any changes in mood during stimulation, only insomnia. Now after ER that I experience the mood swing. I am guessing it's the pills prescribed after the ER.

Good luck to your ET tomorrow!!! Dr Chew never told me my lining good or not. But i learn from the nurse whether my lining good or not. She explained mine is 3 layer while others only single layer. Suddenly feel i like 三层肉, But end of day, I also dont know lining thick is good or not, or how it will affect our ivf. Anyone can enlighten me?
Hi! I just checked with the nurse prior to admission, she said my lining is 10mm. Yeah!

I was told that if lining is too thin, implantation will be an issue. More than 7mm will be good. But yours 3 layer must be quite thick!

Firstly good luck and wish you baby dust to those going for ET soon. Jus like to check if anyone have failed FET for first cycle and what u did to increase higher chance and 2nd try got successfully pregnant? So sad to hear from my blood test on last sat that my first cycle failed despite i am only 28yrs old and embryo is in normal condition. I need some help and advice to adjust my body so that 2nd try will be successful. Thanks all for your advice.

Hi! I just checked with the nurse prior to admission, she said my lining is 10mm. Yeah!

I was told that if lining is too thin, implantation will be an issue. More than 7mm will be good. But yours 3 layer must be quite thick!
Cool, think i gonna ask mine during my next review on thursday. Hope you have a smooth and successful ET!!

Firstly good luck and wish you baby dust to those going for ET soon. Jus like to check if anyone have failed FET for first cycle and what u did to increase higher chance and 2nd try got successfully pregnant? So sad to hear from my blood test on last sat that my first cycle failed despite i am only 28yrs old and embryo is in normal condition. I need some help and advice to adjust my body so that 2nd try will be successful. Thanks all for your advice.
Hi ching1504, heard endoscratch may help on implantation. You are very young. Maybe u can try tcm?

Thanks havinghope. I'm feeling much better. But the mood swing is quite horrible. I need to meditate or something I think. Strange cuz I don't experience any changes in mood during stimulation, only insomnia. Now after ER that I experience the mood swing. I am guessing it's the pills prescribed after the ER.
Me too.. so tired with all the stimm but insomnia at night.. you did your ET already? All the best and stay positive!

Jiayou!! Its going to work out this round...

I hope so too. It's not an easy journey to have disappointment set In and overcome it, multiple failures. My AMH was low I think 1. Something only and doc said is very low for my age group. However when he scan he said my egg reserve was actually ok so I can just ignore my result. I just hope my follicles react better to higher dosage this round

Hi Adeq, hows your ET today? Hope all well. I be hving my ET on wed.
Hi Irene..My ET was a smooth one thou' my bladder is not really full..heehee!
My procedure is called Day 5 Blastocyst..
After the ER, Dr. did mention she took 11 follicles...And today, Dr. told me there are 9 good embryos & will monitor on the outcome for the next 1-2days for it before they freeze it..
And gd luck & rest assure everything gonna b just fine..Don't forget to drink lots & lots of plain water...

Hi Irene..My ET was a smooth one thou' my bladder is not really full..heehee!
My procedure is called Day 5 Blastocyst..
After the ER, Dr. did mention she took 11 follicles...And today, Dr. told me there are 9 good embryos & will monitor on the outcome for the next 1-2days for it before they freeze it..
And gd luck & rest assure everything gonna b just fine..Don't forget to drink lots & lots of plain water...
Hi Adeq, thanks for the sharing. How long is e procedure? I am going for Day 5 Blastocyst too. Is it painful?

Back