ARSA and DS.

DaddyAng

Hey everyone, my wife just did her 21 week scan and the radiologist discovered an extra vessel behind the trachea. She mentioned in the report that this is suggestive of an Aberrant Right Sub-clavian Artery. The radiologist told me not to worry too much as some ppl have them without even knowing. She then quickly referred me back to my gynae where i got a huge shock. My gynae Dr Lee (Plaza Sing) told me that there is a 25% chance of our baby having DS. I did my research and 2% of the general population has ARSA or 40%+ of DS children has ARSA.

Has anyone went through this before? Im abit shock atm, and still deciding if we should take the risk and get the amnio test done. (We will not terminate whatsoever).

Hey everyone, my wife just did her 21 week scan and the radiologist discovered an extra vessel behind the trachea. She mentioned in the report that this is suggestive of an Aberrant Right Sub-clavian Artery. The radiologist told me not to worry too much as some ppl have them without even knowing. She then quickly referred me back to my gynae where i got a huge shock. My gynae Dr Lee (Plaza Sing) told me that there is a 25% chance of our baby having DS. I did my research and 2% of the general population has ARSA or 40%+ of DS children has ARSA.

Has anyone went through this before? Im abit shock atm, and still deciding if we should take the risk and get the amnio test done. (We will not terminate whatsoever).

Hi, that must have been a shock. You can consider taking a NIPT test instead of amniocentesis. NIPT involves taking of blood and has 99% accuracy. Depending on the NIPT result, you can then decide if you want to go for the definitive amniocentesis. Did you wife under the Oscar test/ first trimester testing?

if ur decision is not terminating for whatsoever reason den sit back n relax n njoy the pregnancy. u can start exploring for special care that u need to prepare for the arrival of ur little ones. NIPT will only tell u whether theres a chance of ds or other problems but not definite. amnio carries a high risk of miscarriage. so it depends on ur goal in knowing whether its ds anot....to prepare or to consider termination?

Hi there, i’ve just went for my 20th week detailed scan and radiologist discovered my baby girl has ARSA too. My gyne suggested that i should go for amnio but i’m not sure whether if i should for it or not. I didn’t test for any DS cause i’m only 26 and no family history of DS. So another opt is to go for the harmony bloof test. For a peace of mind. Mind sharing ur experience N how was ur baby?

hi there , i am exactly going thru the same situation .my baby has arsa, i did harmony test , waiting for the results, but the wait is killing me, i want to know hows ur baby doing??? i hope the baby is doing great. plzz suggest something.

Back