Apr 2019 Mummies

Anyone tested positive yet?

Would like to create a whatsapp group to go through this journey together. PM me with your name and number!

Hello fellow MTBs!

Congrats to all of u! I'm a FTM and would like to join in the group chat for more information sharing! Have pm-ed ignix and hope to chat with u all soon!

Hi expecting mums! I'm helping my own mother, Ivy, to let you all know that she's available as a stay-in confinement lady (or nanny as well if you'd like to keep her on afterwards).

She's Chinese, age 58, Malaysian, speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, Malay, and some basic English. She can fulfil all the usual expectations of a confinement lady - cooking confinement food, taking care of the baby around the clock (especially the night shifts), helping with breast-feeding and pampers changing, giving advice about taking care of the baby, minor household chores - and generally just making the newly parents feel as comfortable as possible as they adjust to the new lifestyle (with a new kid or the changing dynamics of having an additional kid).

My mum is highly experienced and well-liked by her clients. She recently came off a 4-year nannying stint with a family who took her on as a nanny after engaging her as a confinement nanny for their first child. They had twins after that, and my mom looked after them as well. Prior to this, she was working as a confinement nanny for several years. She has good experience with twins as she'd taken several stints with twins (as she had been highly recommended by the mommies to other mommies expecting twins).

My mum is also extremely responsible, friendly and caring. She cooks well (she is one of the star chefs of my big family when it comes to CNY). She tends to clean a lot as she doesn’t like mess. She's agreeable and accommodating; she won’t be fierce at parents when it comes to giving advice (she will just share her two cents worth based on her experience). As the eldest of her 9 siblings who grew up in a single-mother household, her motherly instincts and practical household knowledge are top-notch. She’s very hygienic and works a lot towards making the house a clean and neat environment. She raised me and my siblings well and I couldn't have asked for a better mum.

If you would like to know more or set up an interview in Singapore, please whatsapp her at 9167-8571 (her name is Ivy). Thanks for your time.

Hi everyone! First pregnancy here, I'm 7w2d today, had my first OB visit few days ago. Just wanted to share my OB cost and get some feedbacks from you all, as I wasn't 100% convinced with how I was charged...

I called the clinic before my visit to get an idea of how much I'll be paying, nurse says $150 first time consultation + $100 ultrasound scan would be the general procedure (didn't mention anything about blood test)

On the day of my visit, both my husband and I were asked to take blood test due to "good result" of my scan, in the end, we were charged $130 for blood test (hub $40, me $90) plus a blood taking fee $70, that's a total $200 more than what I expected to pay

I was left feeling a bit confused and upset that the nurse didn't tell me upfront when I called, but this is my first pregnancy, don't really know what to expect anyway.... Can anyone share your experience and maybe your OB visit cost? Thanks! :)

Hi everyone! First pregnancy here, I'm 7w2d today, had my first OB visit few days ago. Just wanted to share my OB cost and get some feedbacks from you all, as I wasn't 100% convinced with how I was charged...

I called the clinic before my visit to get an idea of how much I'll be paying, nurse says $150 first time consultation + $100 ultrasound scan would be the general procedure (didn't mention anything about blood test)

On the day of my visit, both my husband and I were asked to take blood test due to "good result" of my scan, in the end, we were charged $130 for blood test (hub $40, me $90) plus a blood taking fee $70, that's a total $200 more than what I expected to pay

I was left feeling a bit confused and upset that the nurse didn't tell me upfront when I called, but this is my first pregnancy, don't really know what to expect anyway.... Can anyone share your experience and maybe your OB visit cost? Thanks! :)

Hello,

Don’t be disheartened by the blood test. Taking blood test is necessary even before trying to conceive in order to assess any prevailing health condition in both parents. In my case, I have thalassemia minor which will cause a problem in unborn baby if husband is also thalassemia minor (you can google about it). Maybe your gynae could have asked for both your recent blood count reports first (if you have done one in recent years) before asking to draw your blood.

Cheers!

Hi!

My first OBGYN visit last week amounts to $330+ that includes a first time consultation fees, an ultrasound, plus a blood test for me only. My OBGYN is a private clinic in Mt A, which contributes to the higher costing as well. Maybe you would like to share if yours is public or private clinic so others can advice you whether your costing is consider high or not?

The nurse didn't inform me upfront regarding the tests and costing as well, i guessed it's their standard procedure on what is to be tested during the first visit, so on and so forth.

Hi everyone! I am currently shortlisting the gynae to see. Is anyone currently seeing Dr Mary Yang / Dr John Yam now or seen her/him before? Any experience to share?

Sounds pretty normal for a private gynae.. I’m seeing a private female gynae who delivered my first 2 kids.. paid $150+ for consultation + $100+ for scan + $? for folic acid for my “first” visit this time.. didn’t do blood test as i probably have done it during my 1st pregnancy.. i remember i paid abt $200-250+ per visit last round as well.. very ex.. sigh..

Hi, my 3rd pregnancy. Hopefully can see familiar faces n share abt pregrancy journey n motherhood journey. Do add me in FB n chatgrp :)

Hi everyone! I am currently shortlisting the gynae to see. Is anyone currently seeing Dr Mary Yang / Dr John Yam now or seen her/him before? Any experience to share?

Hi I’m seeing dr Mary yang now her prices are affordable and is quite a laid back and chill doctor! She knows I’m the kancheong kind so let’s me scan more often but actually told me only need to scan once a month once a heartbeat is seen.

Hi,

I'm seeing Dr Phua at Kovan that area. He is considered very cheap cos so far i didnt see any other gynae that is cheaper. He is very experienced but i dont really wanna recommend unless you are not the kancheong type as he is the 'wont talk too much' type. During my #1, i like him cos i 1st time so idk much but now #2, i'm more kancheong than when i was having #1 (reason being is bcos seeing too many cases from friends) then i found him isnt my liking. Wanted to change gynae but can't find anyone that is around the same price as him. Next appt at week 7 so will decide again after checking his current price again.

Hello, everyone!

1st time mum-to-be here. Currently at my 8th week. I've had my first appointment on my 6th week at Thomson Jem with Dr Tan. Did a scan and saw the yolk sac! Haha! Will have my 2nd appointment on Monday.

Looking forward to exchange insights and experiences as we all go through our pregnancy!

Cheers!
May xxx

Anyone tested positive yet?

Would like to create a whatsapp group to go through this journey together. PM me with your name and number!
Hi!

Pls add me in @ 97624090

Currently in my wk9d2 pregnancy, EDD 15 Apr 19. It's my first pregnancy. So I did some research and realised that female gynae seems to be more expensive as compared to Male ones. Is it really true? I may have to settle for Male gynae instead due to $$. :S

Hi!

Pls add me in @ 97624090

Currently in my wk9d2 pregnancy, EDD 15 Apr 19. It's my first pregnancy. So I did some research and realised that female gynae seems to be more expensive as compared to Male ones. Is it really true? I may have to settle for Male gynae instead due to $$. :S
Hi!

Pls add me in @ 97624090

I went to both female and male gynae before.. they charges around the same price. And I continue with the female gynae because I feel more comfortable. It would depend on the popularity of the gynae and location of their clinic (like those block downstairs one are usually cheaper).

Hi,

Any mummies here experiencing indigestion and bloatiness and how did you overcome it? Mine is so bad that I didn't have appetite :( Recently, I tried ginger drink. It does help but I can't imagine having to take it everyday for relief.

I went to both female and male gynae before.. they charges around the same price. And I continue with the female gynae because I feel more comfortable. It would depend on the popularity of the gynae and location of their clinic (like those block downstairs one are usually cheaper).

Hi, cos I wanna get a gynae that delivers in Mt A. So I researched and called and realised the Male gynae package actually includes vit as well. But the female ones are more ex and without the vit. Hmmm.. which female gynae you all are seeing now?

Currently I m still with kkh subsidised appt. Still researching.

Hi,

Any mummies here experiencing indigestion and bloatiness and how did you overcome it? Mine is so bad that I didn't have appetite :( Recently, I tried ginger drink. It does help but I can't imagine having to take it everyday for relief.

Me too! After some time, I realised that i have to eat small portions (not too full) and cant let my stomach be too empty. Once hungry must eat something. Then the bloat will subside. Recently, started to have constipation instead. Never knew that being able to do the big business can be something to celebrate about.. haha

Me too! After some time, I realised that i have to eat small portions (not too full) and cant let my stomach be too empty. Once hungry must eat something. Then the bloat will subside. Recently, started to have constipation instead. Never knew that being able to do the big business can be something to celebrate about.. haha

Haha, exactly. Little relief like this makes the day!

I force myself to drink more water throughout the day (even when i don't feel like it) and it does help to prevent constipation. Sometimes, I add lemon in the water so that it is tastier to drink.

I am quite tempted to apply essential oil that is known to provide stomach relief for indigestion and bloatiness but held back cos' there are different school of thoughts on using it during the first tri.

That's a good suggestion, will try to eat small portions too!

Hi,

Hi,

My sis is 4 months pregnant and she has the same issue. I gave her try this digestive enzymes after every meal, she felt much better and loving the good taste too. You may want to consider it too:)

https://sg.shop.com/WESHINE/Isotoni...s+-1021297982-p+.xhtml?credituser=C1001207756

Hello!
I too have indigestion and bloating. I think it was so bad that my gynae could tell during the scan haha.

I try to relieve gas by drinking ginger ale. It does help me get rid of the gas as sometimes I have difficulty even trying to burp or fart it out (sometimes resulting in me gagging/vomiting accidentally).

And ya I agree that you can't eat your normal full portions now. Must eat a little, but frequently. A bit leceh lah but it does help!

Hi,

Hehe hey we have the same EDD! It's my first pregnancy as well.

About the gynae part, I have no idea that the cost could differ between female and male gynaes! o_O

Hi!

Pls add me in @ 97624090

Hehe hey we have the same EDD! It's my first pregnancy as well.

About the gynae part, I have no idea that the cost could differ between female and male gynaes! o_O

Yeah! HI^5!

Because budget is an issue for me. So I did alot of asking around especially since I am looking at delivering at Mount A. Currently still going to kkh for the subsidised checkup till the baby stable then gonna change to private gynae.

Btw.. anyone already added into the WhatsApp group? Cos I haven't receive any chat invites yet.

I would like to join the whatsapp gc. Just found out my pregnancy and want to look for advice.
I wanna deliver at Mount A but am looking for gynae in the west. Other than Dr Tho, any recommendations? Have yet to check out the yolk sac.

Congrats!

I think my wife n you have the same day embyro transfer.. :)

We went back to the 8 weeks scanning today.. I was so happy can see baby heartbeat on screen (I miss first scanning 3 weeks ago due to work) and all GOOD.

Advise by Dr Sadhana, we also made the appointment for OSCAR and Harmony test in next 2 weeks...

Why not stick to KKH since everything start from there? We decided with KKH and Dr Sadhana recommend us Edwin Thia but due to my work constraint, I only can make it during weekend so she recommended Tan Thiam Chye to us. Appointment made... next and frost gynes visit will be 20/10 (week 13)

My wife seem doesn’t care anything at the moment, she just keep sleep.. I think she sleep 20 hours per day during weekend :p

Hello ladies, I just found out I am pregnant today. Unlike u lucky ladies, I conceived via IVF at KKH in my 2nd try and feeling totally like a lost sheep. Crampings have gone wayward and sooo feeling it now! If anyone can help me, omg I dunno where to start:

1. Can I get a gynae n deliver elsewhr other than KKH if I did IVF at KKH?

2. Do I tell this to my doc when I see her next week that , ok thats it thank u mam. I'm taking this elsewhere?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello Excited Daddy!

Congratulations to you n wife too! I had my 9th week scan last week :) yes, we have decided to stay on with KKH and will be meeting Dr Sadhana final on 4/10 for my 12th week then with Dr Manisha, as recommended by her, on the 24/10.

Tiredness is understated esp at my age lol! I enjoy going out at weekends and come back to collapse lol. The nausea feeling sucks but hey not complaining as I dun really have morning sickness. Feeling grateful n taking one day at a time lol to go work and being healthy and all :)

Congrats!

We went back to the 8 weeks scanning today.. I was so happy can see baby heartbeat on screen (I miss first scanning 3 weeks ago due to work) and all GOOD.

Advise by Dr Sadhana, we also made the appointment for OSCAR and Harmony test in next 2 weeks...

Why not stick to KKH since everything start from there? We decided with KKH and Dr Sadhana recommend us Edwin Thia but due to my work constraint, I only can make it during weekend so she recommended Tan Thiam Chye to us. Appointment made... next and frost gynes visit will be 20/10 (week 13)

My wife seem doesn’t care anything at the moment, she just keep sleep.. I think she sleep 20 hours per day during weekend :p

Hello Excited Daddy!

Congratulations to you n wife too! I had my 9th week scan last week :) yes, we have decided to stay on with KKH and will be meeting Dr Sadhana final on 4/10 for my 12th week then with Dr Manisha, as recommended by her, on the 24/10.

Tiredness is understated esp at my age lol! I enjoy going out at weekends and come back to collapse lol. The nausea feeling sucks but hey not complaining as I dun really have morning sickness. Feeling grateful n taking one day at a time lol to go work and being healthy and all :)

:) we are not young too... almost 40!!

Surprisingly my wife didn’t feel very painful during the IVF injection. And now she do not have morning sickness n not even nausea!! She just always saying stomach bloated n always hungry..

By the way what is your EDD? Our is 26/4/2019

:) we are not young too... almost 40!!

Surprisingly my wife didn’t feel very painful during the IVF injection. And now she do not have morning sickness n not even nausea!! She just always saying stomach bloated n always hungry..

By the way what is your EDD? Our is 26/4/2019
Me on the contrary, lost appetite for most food esp Rice! So, I do force myself to eat other stuff like meat n fish n bread because I was losing weight.

My EDD 17/4/2019 :)

Congrats!

hey excited daddy! congrats to you and your wife on the bfp!
may I ask why would you need to do both OSCAR and Harmony test? I thought it is either or... I am not sure to be honest hurhur...

I will only be seeing my gynae later this week to discuss so would like to find out first ^^

hey excited daddy! congrats to you and your wife on the bfp!
may I ask why would you need to do both OSCAR and Harmony test? I thought it is either or... I am not sure to be honest hurhur...

I will only be seeing my gynae later this week to discuss so would like to find out first ^^

Thanks! We are on IVF pregnancy and doctor advise us for both so we go for both. The reason should be doctor want us to have more comfortable mindset because this is our second IVF cycle and our age. 40 knocking our door soon... another reason is we can know the sex of our precious baby after Harmony test...

Thanks! We are on IVF pregnancy and doctor advise us for both so we go for both. The reason should be doctor want us to have more comfortable mindset because this is our second IVF cycle and our age. 40 knocking our door soon... another reason is we can know the sex of our precious baby after Harmony test...

I see! I conceived through ivf too! (3rd fresh though)
will ask my doctor about the Oscar and harmony test when I see him this week. thanks! :)

Just checking, Harmony test need to be scheduled separately? Or just draw blood in clinic when in the clinic? I hope to do Harmony test soon too. Am already in my 11 week but Dr has not spoken about tests yet during last visit. Will be seeing Dr again next week (12th week).

Just checking, Harmony test need to be scheduled separately? Or just draw blood in clinic when in the clinic? I hope to do Harmony test soon too. Am already in my 11 week but Dr has not spoken about tests yet during last visit. Will be seeing Dr again next week (12th week).

U should do Oscar test first because that included ultrasound to check baby if any defects.

962b4c311f3685703b0f24c62142ab2c.jpg

FTS = Oscar Test
NIPT = Harmony Prenatal Test

Hello everyone here . Its my first time and very new . I have not see n any doc yet . Please recomemd me a good gynae at mount elizabeth orchard . Thank you

I'm 13 weeks 6 days pregnant. my 2nd trimester is even bad than the first one. on my early 13th week I had a massive bleeding so far baby is doing good. But I face more nausea and headache and home remedies.

Back