Anyone Staying at Bukit Panjang or nearby?

Something I posted in my Jan06 thread. Since some of u are asking for it, I thought I might share it here too :

Baby Ballet and Baby Music Appreciation Classes at Yamaha Music School (West) @ Bangkit, Bukit Panjang
Anyone interested in sending their girls/boys for baby ballet and music appreciation classes? I jus called up Yamaha music school on their baby ballet and music appreciation classes for 3yr olds. As long as their birthday falls on Dec/Jan 2006, we can register them for the classes.

Already registered Ariene into both classes. Here's the details :

1. Baby Music Appreciation (8 per class)
Singing, percussion, drums, etc
Fee: $240/term
Sat 10.30am to 11.15am (4 signed, incl me) or
Sun 10.30am to 11.15pm (2 signed, incl me)
*Parents involvement required

2. Baby Ballet (8 per class, 5 signed up, incl me)
Fee: $173.30/term
Sat 11.30 to 12.15pm

I signed up to be in the queue for all 3 cuz I'll take whichever class takes off. Most likely, I'll go for the sat music class followed by ballet class.

U can call them for more info :

Yamaha Music School
(Bukit Panjang Branch)
Blk 256 Bangkit Road
#02-73, Singapore 670256
Tel: 67646500
Fax: 67630919

Phoenics,
Have u tried Ichiban Montessori in blk 506 (or is it 505)? They also have N1 and N2 classes that affiliated to them in Senja side. My girl is currently attending their playgroup and they are teaching phoenics to them.

MamaPanda,
Thanks, will check it out
happy.gif
But they only have weekend classes? any weekday class? I am very free on weekdays.. :p
Is your girl signed up for the holiday class in ichiban? My girl is, if yours too, she would have finally met your girl. Previously yours am class, mine pm class, no chance to meet.
With regards to their phonics class, when they first started out, they go in the order starting with A. But now don't even know which alphabets already. No longer shown in their worksheet too. Are they still conducting the phonics lesson?

Zestlessgal

The sch teaches ABC, 123 writing skills, Chinese strokes, arts & crafts. Think every term they are into different themes, e.g. 1 term on classrooms, 1 term on animals, something like that. I not really into it. hee...

zestless mummy
Yes, she's in the holiday class. I was there to pick her up on friday. If u were there, you would have seen me. I'm have short auburn/mahagony highlighted hair and I was wearing shorts and singlet (I think) that day.

As for phoenics, I think they're at J cuz my girl can sing the phoenics song till J but she doesn't seem to know K very well or L at all.

Not sure if bangkit has weekday lessons. You can give them a call to ask. I only asked abt the weekend classes cuz I'm working so can only send Ariene for weekend classes.

Hi Mamapanda,
Have called yamaha. no weekday lessons for yamaha for kids of 3 years old. I just asked my girl if she wants ballet and she is quite keen. hehe.. will consider that. Will check with my husband tonite.
happy.gif

Nope, didn't pick up my girl these few days. My dad went to pick her up. Now I only send her to school.

Redrose,
Looks like those items are the usual items for kids of the age. Hopefully the 545 PCF is as good. Your son attending the one at 528? Wanna enroll for that as many mummies said that is one of the better PCF around but find it a bit far.

Hi Zestlessmummy,

The PAP nursery that my boy goes to spread over a few blocks. not sure what to call. hee.. near 615 basically. btw, will your child nursery class teach chinese since there's no chinese book. I heard that different PAP teaches different things. some does not teach chinese. In fact, I find the book selection of this PAP pretty gd. the chinese bk is the one used by Berries.

The holiday ballet cost $115.50 for 8 lessons.

Abt Phonics,
I also tried Leap Frog DVD and Word building toy. Vry effective leh. My boy learned all alphabets by simply watching the Letter Factory by 2.

Redrose,
Think it make sense that some centre does not teach phonics so early. Afterall the best adsorption is at age 4 mah
happy.gif

Cheryl

Hi Zestlessmummy,

R you a sahm too? Just thot of this idea: can we gather a few sahm and see whether yamaha can open a weekday class?

I have been wanting to send my boy (~36 mths), but don't feel like having weekend consumed leh

Hi zestlessgal

Yes, my son is attending at Blk 528. As for art classes, you can try lollipop at Ten Mile, heard its good.

Hi Cheryl

Agree, best for kids to pick up phonics wld be at the age of abt 3-4. My son is currently taking his phonics at MMI Ten Mile. I must say the teacher is very good, very patient.

hi redrose,
how are the teachers in 528?
my ger will be park there next yr for N1.
happy.gif

btw is phonics n chinese being taught?

thks!

Cheryl,
Where is the holiday ballet conducted? also yamaha? Yeah, if Yamaha can conduct weekday class, it will really be really great!
The PAP in blk 545 does conduct Mandarin classes, hmm... wonder why there isn't any Chinese books.

Redrose,
Yup, the Lollipop Art class seems good. Whenever I went to my gynea over there, i'll peep in to see what they were doing. hehe. But why are there so few pupils there?

Btw, PAP in Blk 545 has speech and drama classes conducted by Act 3, think every Friday late afternoon. Very keen in that. Few months back wanna send her to the Act 3 classes in orchard but on waiting list. Very keen in this too.

Hmmm.. is it bad to send my girl for so many classes? But these are fun classes right?
happy.gif

zestlessgal,
is the speech n drama in 545 open to non-students?
my ger attended a term in ACT3, not too bad, she love it!

keke.. my ger now in ZP and berries. Then next yr, wkdays pcf.
happy.gif

i guess as long as the kid like the classes, n they enjoy, shld not be a bad thing.
as long as they are not force to go. heeee

hi hoho03

hmm... my boy teacher so so.. not those eat "gang dang" type. you know what i mean?? hee... at PCF nursery, they only teach chinese, no phonics.

Ya, also want to know if the speech and drama is open to public?

I thot of enrolling my son in Berries too, is it good? How abt Tien Hsia?

Hi zestlessgal

Your gynae is Dr Ong?? He is my gynae too but I already given birth so dun visit him anymore.
happy.gif
Ya, I just went there and there is only 2 kids, think weekend will hv more students.

Hi zestlessgal,

The ballet is conducted by crestar, mon & thur,10am-10.45am. Guess gd timing for you?
happy.gif
But not sure already started leh..

Hi Redrose,
A teacher who has taught in Tien Hsia for 15 yrs commented to my friend that Berries is better. She say more fun and build gd chinese foundation too. But suppose it also depends on what you want to achieve in your child lah. I have a friend decided to send to Tien Hsia instead because of the public speaking opportunity.

Hi liew K F,

Sure, do update mi abt the books.

I m also interested to send my gal for some enrichment programme such as ballet or music appreciation classes. Have check with yamaha before bit they also take in for 3 yrs old.

Just to check what's the age to enrol for PCF N1? Anyone enrolled in the one next to greenridge shopping centre, i think shld be blk 528, read in this forum that they have premium kindergarten programme next yr.It's a 7 hrs programme from 8am - 3pm.

redrose,
oo no phonics, then heng i con't my ger in ZP. :p
hmm i not sure of Tien Hsia, but i thought shld be about the same.
For mandarian class, i din go for other schools trials, straight to berries.

For Berries, i find the lessons very interesting, and they really drill the kids.
For N2-4yrs, its 1hr 45mins long lessons, while TH is 1hr 30mins.
But i heard lots lots lots positive review of Berries, as in if the kid is there all the way till Primary, the parents actually dun need to worry about the kids mandarian, sure can pass n some even with very good score. keke..

Liew k f,
whats the public speaking in TH about?

hi cheryl,zestlessmummy,
my books is the same, PCF 528 have books on rigby english and chinese and jotterbooks and stationery...But dun think its phonics books?
Cheryl are you the same nick as Cheryllkf?
A bit blur, btw, my son also have the leapfrog cd...sad to say, he only know some phonics sounds from the cd and he is not keen on watching that often, esp I also bought cd for the blending as well.

Hi redrose,
wha so happy when u mentioned that ten mile junction have MMI, must say I really seldom go there. I just called up and so happy to hear they are starting a new class in dec or jan09.So most prob will enroll him...what time your child is attending?

Any of you gals going to PCF 528 on 4th dec to buy the books and uniforms?Cos I be going on the 4th dec morning...kekeke kiasu mummy...

Christina,
I think the PCF only have premium prog starting from K1 onwards...

hoho03,
not sure whether you can register for Act3 in blk 545. I think can leh.. coz it's not during curriculum time. Let me find out when I go to buy her books then I let you and redrose know.

Redrose
Yup, my gynea is doc ong
happy.gif
I also stopped going there as I've already given birth in sept. when did you last gave birth?

Cheryl
Monday and Thursday can't fit my girl's timing as she's attending daily classes in Ichiban now from 9.30 to 11.30. Hmm.. but crester has ballet huh? Then in that case I can also check if they have other ballet class so that can choose between yamaha and crester
happy.gif

Christina
If I'm not wrong, the premium class you talk about is only for K1 & K2 students. Not for your girl. As for PCF N1, they only accept when the child turns 30 months.

Hmm.. Where's Berries?

Hi all..

so far the comments i get for Berris are good, so they must be really good. will definitely try my son out. btw, they hving trial class now at $16.05, 1 lesson only.

Hi fatmamalove
my boy is attending the 12 pm class and is almost at the tail end of the course already. He started in Mar 08. It's a 1 year course. What i like abt also is the small class ratio, only 5 kids.

I not going to PCF 528 cos my boy alredy a student there, no need to buy uniforms. hee... and Yes, premium program is only for K1 onwards.

Hi zestlessgal

Me given birth in Jan 08.
happy.gif

Dear all,

Tks for the clarification. Btw, where to get the leap frog dvd for learing the phonics? One mummy actually quoted $16, is the price ok?

Hi Zestless_mummy,

Interested to know abt the Speech & Drama Programme too, pls update mi too. Tks.

Btw, any mummy have any idea of whether there's any gym class for children ard bt panjang?

yup, the nearest berries is BB CC, my ger is attending class there.

Fatmamalove,
We are going to 528 in the afternoon.
happy.gif
Which class is ur boy is in? My ger is in Champ Bear.

Christina,
Tumbletots near bukit timah?

Hi christina, the leapfrog dvd that I have is passed to me by someone, so dunno the price. The One that i have contains 5 titles: learning of alphabet sound (phonics), making words 1 and 2, numbers and 3 little pig story. So you can consider in getting either just 1 dvd or a set of 5 dvds
happy.gif

Hi Christina,
I bought mine over at the forum...forgot the price liao....
hi hoho,
So concidence my boy also in champ bear..
so maybe on the first day we might knock on each other...
too bad I have something on in the noon, so will go in the morning.
hi redrose,
so he liked his lesson? did you see him progress?Your boy also a student at 528,so next year he is in which level?

hi hoho03,

how much does tumbletots at bt timah charge for the gym? suitable for 3 yr old? My boy has been super careful that he hardly dare to climb anything in the playground. wonder will it help

cheryl

hi fatmamalove

ok, so far my boy does not reject sch. progress wise ok too, think nursery cannot really tell. He will be K1 next yr, taking the premium program.

smurfy
Maybe they do have a child care center at St Joseph but probably not in the same buiding as the kindergarten. Why not give them a call to find out?

Hmmm.. I've checked, apparently the PCF in blk 545 has cancelled the Act 3 class due to low response
sad.gif
No good speech and drama programme in Bt Panjang already
sad.gif

Hi Hoho,

I used to take PCF referred school bus from segar to 528.. i took one way, it cost me $65.

Some pointers to take note:

1)If there is only 1 student (at that time slot), child will be seated in the front seat beside the driver and basically no one supervising your child. (That is what happened to me)

2) Bus fees had to be paid even during school holidays (including June and December Hol)

But I must say PCF528 teachers n principal are good. Their activities and circulum is good, comparable or even better than some private schools..

hi jrt_gal,
hmm... i just confirm my ger's seat, 2 diff. start n end place $90.

ya i understand fm the auntie that morning, there is 1 auntie, but back home, no auntie, cos few kids only.

Is ur kid still with 528?

Btw, is the uncle decent? :p

Hi everyone

I am meowng99 and currently living at BP also. I live at bangkit road and looking for part time helper. Anyone has lobang here?

Thanks

hi hoho

wat i understand is, if i am not wrong, children under a certain age when taking school bus, there must be someone supervising the children in the bus...

the uncle is quite friendly to children but can be quite fierce if u r late..
sad.gif
and i got a few occassions where they last minute change the boarding time from 10.45am to suddenly 10.20am, and they only inform me at 10.10am... for me it is very rush... n obviously i was late like 5 mins n they told me off by sending me rude sms..

they anyhow change timing and very often inform you last minute or very late...

hope they buck up their service soon...

haiz.. hope it will happen to you..

hi

sorry to borrow this thread but i am urgently selling my flat at Bukit Panjang

**4rm flat for sale @ Segar*

**Blk 48X segar rd
**high flr,unblock, renovated.

Good for those who wants to stay near parents or like clean & quite surroundings

have amenities like:
*tennis court
*basketball court
*BBQ pit

please email me is you interested: [email protected]

**do not need to pay commission as I m selling directly
happy.gif

2024073.jpg

wow.. have not been into this thread for sometime. How's everyone
happy.gif

My girl just started her PAP N2 last friday, Blk 545 branch. hmmm.. Shocking.. Was feeling excited over her first day of school, so woke her up early so that won't be late for school at 8am. Supposed to end 11am but the teacher then said the first day would be until 10am. That's fine with me as I'm not really working full time. Who knows when we went into the class, there was nothing much to do, just intro the teachers and that's it. The end. nothing else to do and by 8.30+, they annouced that everyone can go home. First impression PAP.... urgh..

Today, my girl seems happy, ask her what she has learnt. Barney song??? hmm... Oh well.. maybe just to get the kids excited over something they probably are familiar with.. hehe.. anyway, also duno how true to what my girl has said.

Just to check, for those mummies who sent their child to PAP, how big is the class size? I was amazed when I was told there are 30 students in the class with 2 teachers (one of them is a chinese teacher who is not able to guide the kids in the english related subjects). Such a big class for 3-4 yr old kids. Is it also like that in other PAPs? Are the teachers able to cope and how much will the kids learn? Anyone knows? a bit kinda concern, not bec of study but my girl is shy and unfriendly type, will not open up in group setting, this group is sooooo big..

Anyone sent their kids to ichiban kindergarten? any comments?

Hi zestless mummy, what an exciting experience huh? my boy just started PAP N2 in 620. There are 23 students under care of 4 teachers.

The first day was only for familiarizing too. I am also not sure what they do today coz my boy only can tell me what he ate and drink. Haha.

Hi

my boy is in blk 528 pap, according to the principal, they are the only centre that have free phonics in their syllabus.

does yours have? i can see the principal n the teachers are very 'sincere' in their job... like the principal, always walk around to monitor the students n teacher...

how abt yours?

Hi, any mummy sending your kid to K2 class at PCF Blk 620 on the premium programme from 8am to 3pm? How is the programme? Any arranged transport? Or anyone got any recommendation on someone willing to help me to send my boy back to my mum's hse after class? how much will that be for the transport and helper fee for one trip?

Very sorry for last min checking.

Hope someone could help me! Many thanks!

Back