Anyone Staying at Bukit Panjang or nearby?

Hi Cheryl, 4 teachers to 23 kids is a good ratio. Are all 4 qualified teachers or helpers?
Lynn is also lucky to have her girl in a class with so few kids.

I'm half thinking of switching her to another PCF but dunno if i should cos if I do that, it means there'll be additional cost involved and my girl will have to go through another round of "getting use to the place and people".
sad.gif
Anyone knows whether which other PCF in BP that has available time slot for morning session?

Wow! Lynn, yours sound like a tuition class. Haha.

I am not sure whether are all qualified teachers. I only know 1 teaches english and math, the other teaches chinese

Must say that I never check a lot on the details. hee.. I have been confident in this PCF 620 simply because I have ex-PCF teacher friend who commented on it. She says it gives reasonable work to the students and aim to prepare them well for P1.

Zestless_mum, have you met any neighbour whose child attended this kindy and alr in primary? Maybe they can give good feedback?

Hi Cheryl, thanks for your info and help. Your reply give me some confident too.

Just a check, does your ex-PCF teacher friend know/comment on the premium program?

hi mommies,

anyone try the talentplus at bt panjang cc? how's the review har?

my son coming to 2yo...thinking of enrolling him in one of the playgroups....

Cheryl, nope, doesnt know of any neighbour who has sent kids there before. My neighbours either have small kids or very big kids.

My husband not keen to put her else where, to him it's troublesome, waste of money, and other schools will be further.. oh well, think shall just let my gal stay in the school for a while since she's getting on so well there it seems. Shall observe and see what she has been learning. If really nothing much, then will decide what to do.

Lyn, hehe.. segar flats are slightly harder to sell due to it's location. How much is the valuation and your asking cash above valuation. I can help you check whether any of my buyers are keen?
happy.gif

Mash, you can go thru' the links below, some comments on talent plus in BPCC by mummies
happy.gif

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/353640/1594987.html?1216347936

hi zestless mum, think it's gd for your gal to stayput. changes i<textarea>hi zestless mum, think it's gd for your gal to stayput. changes introduces stress. A friend who send her gal to a k1 in a private kindy says the daughter'sclass also not following normal schedule yet. suppose it will take a while for our small one in N2 to get into real lesson

hehe.. could something comical happened while showering in the past? he could be recalling that incident now.

After a while he should be ok. Meanwhile, you can try to get someone to distract him with bubbles or something fun while soaping. If not, teach him how to soap on his own
happy.gif
hope this helps

hi liew KF,
my son also feels ticklish nowadays when i bath him. this happens when he's bathing in a bathtub. strangely, if he stands and i shower him, he did not really struggle n feel ticklish that much. hehe..

Hi to all Bt. Panjang Mummies,

I am also staying in Bt. Panjang, Blk 53x...
I need your help to advise where should i put my daughter-19mths to nearby playgroup (2 hrs, everyday). I can only find Edufarm Star tots at Blk 544 &amp; Talent Plus.
Pls advise which is better &amp; if there is any other playgroup to suggest.
Appreciate your suggestions &amp; Thank you very much.

hi gals,
long time never chat,I asked my boy in pcf 528 nursery what he learned in class he always cant really tell me....maybe now still early, but maybe a lot of artwork, cos only in january been asked to give photos and also paper cuttings for cny...but havent seen the work yet..

hi fatmamalove,
not sure abt pcf528, but the pcf545 my boy attends... they hv a thick ring file for every kid... and they file all their work inside... and we get to see it when we go for Parent Conference every half yr...
happy.gif

Hi Soyabean,
oic, so cant really tell untill we go for the parent conference half yearly.
Any of u gals give additional enrichment classes for your kids at PCF?or at Yvonne creative?
Initially i set my mind to let my boy go to mmi at ten mile this apr..but there is a change of teachers..was worried to give him wrong classes..headache..cos he is a very active boy n doesnt really sit down...

hi fatmamalove,
yes i send my boy for enrichment... cos he's now in k1 actuali... i send him to classes at CCK civic centre... attending mandarin class...

Hi soyabean,
is it Tien hsia? actually very stressed on the enrichment class, at the same time wants to be kiasu, but at the same time hope it wont be too stressful for my child.

Hi soyabean

I'm thinking of enrolling my child at PCF545. May I know if there is frequent homework and spelling for the kids? Are the teachers OK? Thanks a lot! Having a headache looking for suitable schools in the area.
happy.gif

Regards

hi fatmamalove,
i know wat u mean... i reali wan to let my kid enjoy childhood... but at the same time, it looks like hv to go for enrichment cos i feel that he's not learning enuf in school... and yes, i send him to tien hsia.

hi natsu,
my boy has NEVER brought homework back... no spelling oso... in fact, he dun even need to bring school bag to school... the teachers there are ok... dats why we as parents need to spend more time wif them teaching them during weekends...

hi soyabean

Thanks for your reply. Huh, no homewk? Yes, think it's a must to supplement with some teaching at home. How does the pcf prepare the students for
P1 then? Understand that nowadays, need to do compo in P1.

hi natsu...
good question... :p i oso not sure... i will prob put him to some P1 prep class next yr... as for how his sch will prep him, i reali dunno... paiseh...

Hello my son also in pcf528 afternoon session 1pm to 5pm. Can anyone tell me the diff between 528 and 620? which is better?

Hi Mummies, something to share. The PCF my girl is attending has just given her a booklist from Scholastic. Some of the books seems quite good and relatively cheap. If any of you are keen, let me have your email, i'll email you the booklist. Can help you place order. Need to submit the order list to the school by 10th Feb.
happy.gif

Hi soyabean

Dun be paiseh leh.
happy.gif
Nice of you to share abt pcf. Besides the sch, I oso dun know who to ask.

Hi zestless mummy

Can email me the booklist pls? Thanks.

Hi Natsu, I will need your email address to send you the book list. BTW, my girl is also in Blk 545 PCF but she's in N2. Just entered this year. Yup, no homework for her level too, school only give home assignments (mini projects) for the children to do with the parents guidance.

Hi zestless mummy

Have pm you my email address. Thanks!

Can I ask what are the mini projects like? Is it like art and craft?

Hi Natsu, have sent you the booklist.

Nothing much so far. The first assignment she did was a family tree. This weekend, she is given a big arch file, teacher wants her to decorate the file. This file will be used throughout her study in the PCF. All the worksheets that she has done will be filed in the file according to the teacher.

How old is your child

hi zestless mummy...
my boy got the booklist too. i must say, the books are very cheap... i hv ordered them for my boy b4...
happy.gif

Hi soyabean. yup..that's what i feel too. and I quite like scholastics books and have always wanted to place order thru' amazon but too costly. Now they are cheaper, that's why asking the mummies here whether they keen too.. :p Is this the first time the PCF has this scholastic booklist for the children?

zestlessmummy,
they hv the booklist once in a while... once every quarter or half a yr...
happy.gif
cant rembr... btw, is ur child at pcf545 too?

Redrose, I would need your email address. You can PM me if you wanna keep your email confidential
happy.gif

Soyabean, yup, my gal is in PCF 545. N2 this year.. how long is your gal or boy in there. how do you find the teachers?

Helpp.... The teachers keep asking me to get water bottle strap for my gal so that she can sling the bottle on her shoulder. But I can't seem to find such straps in Bt Panjang that allows wide neck bottles. Anyone can tell me where I can get the strap? Everytime I see the chinese teacher since day 1, she will ask me till I don't dare to appear in front of her anymore. :p I have no intention of changing the bottle to straw type with strap as I find it hard to clean the straw. My girl is also very used to carrying and drinking water from her current bottle. It comes with a small handle and she can easily handle the bottle while carry other things or holding hands too. So have no intention of changing the bottle but I need to find the strap
sad.gif
alternatively I can buy those holders which can put whole water bottle in. But where can I get them?

Hi Soyabean,
Yup, thats wat I am also feel lor. Now try to spend at least 10mins to read or write with him at nite.

Hi Zestlessmummy,
can send me the booklist too?thks! [email protected]
How come PCF528 dun have? The sch teacher asked for the family photos but its done in the school dun have parent participation.

zestless mummy,
where do u stay? i stay next to senja lrt.
happy.gif

as for the strap, dunno how to help u... do u hv a pic of how the water bottle looks like?
i find the teachers there ok...
happy.gif
not too bad...

btw, if u r curious of wat ur child did wif the family photo, here's a peek... i was looking thru some old photos jus now and found this... this was wat my boy did wif the family photo he submitted last yr in N2....
happy.gif

2141630.jpg

Hi zestless mummy,
Your girl also likes it ar...
Quite fun, my son keep wanting to show to pple that he knows how to play.
Was too busy with work yest n forget to check my email...aiyoh...is it too late to tell u my order...wha so many books to choose from...very blur...
Soyabean, nice family pic...
Another website to print for our child.
http://www.mrsperkins.com/dolch.htm
so far havent really surfed this website to fully understand..
Do you gals think PCF enrichment class is good enough?

oh man fatmamalove...
now i know WHO U R leh.... wahahaa....
i think shld be able to take in late order... i hv done that b4... submitted it a few days after closing date... :p u hv to see if zestless mummy can take in or not...

hahaha ya ya, I was guessing n esp u said your child in tian hsia....hahahhaa
ok maybe I go and read which one I want...so many choices..but its pretty cheap.

Fatmamalove, hehe.. i haven't submitted my order also.. can do it later when fetching my girl at 11am. will it be too soon for you?

Didn't send my girl for enrichment classes in PCF, so dunno whether good or not. But I've just put my girl in the Mandarin Speech and Drama in Zheng Hua CC, my girl enjoys it there. Too early to say if that's good as she's only been to 2 lessons so far. Most important is my girl learns to open up to people.

Oh ya, anyone of you knows if there is a good swimming instructor somewhere nearby who teaches 2 to 4 years old children?

Soyabean, will take photo of the 2 water bottles that my girl has then post it here later. Thanks
happy.gif

aiyo zestless mummy,
really paiseh...cos very busy at work...
I go and see n let u know in a short while via email...if u already given your order its ok...
oh, u mean the xiao xin xin?thot of that also..kekkee but thot they only accept 5yrs and above?

hehe.. submitted the list to school already. But I can still try to help you submit your order tmr.

Ya, xiao xin xin. They have 2 different classes. One for 3-4 yrs old, the other is for 5 yrs old up. 3-4 yrs old lesson is an hour, the 5 yrs old lesson is 1.5hrs. They have lesson every monday and friday. if want they have a trial lesson
happy.gif

Hi zestless mum,

you sent your child to xiao xin xin before? Do you know the timing?

My boy don't nap anymore. need to sleep at 7pm these days. Hard to go anywhere
sad.gif

zestless_mummy (zestless_mummy)
have u got ur bottle yet?

i have seen one of the shops in IMM (along the same side of Kidsmall), there is a shop selling children's clothing, they sell those bottle carriers with straps. so what u need to do is, buy the carrier, (i think it's about $15) and u can put in any bottle of ur choice. very good as u can always change the bottle (good hygenie)

but i didn't buy the one in IMM - although the design is very cute. cus the material they use like not so long lasting and the fabric colours can get dirty easily. end up, i bought the one below from ck tangs. the carrier cost about $13 and the bottle cost me $7 (can put hot water and can clean easily)

i think u can easily get thses from robinson or metro. if i m not wrong there are other cartoon designs also
happy.gif

hope it helps
happy.gif

2145842.jpg

2145843.jpg

does any mummies here have problem to get the children to school every morning?

my son refuse to change into uniform and very difficult to get him out of the bed -- even use his favourite toy or food also no use ;(

fyi, my son in n2 now

Hi Cheryl, hehe.. your son really sleeps early and that's the exact time the lesson for xiao xin xin starts ;P Monday 7-8pm, Friday 7.15 - 8.15pm. $160 for 12 lessons My girl is in Friday's group. If u join, let me know, can say hi to u...

jrt_gal.. muackkk..... thank you so much. I think such water bottle holders should fit my gal's other bottle that she has. I'll ask my MIL help me see if John Little Jurong Point has it. Hopefully has cos I hardly go to orchard these days after having my gals....

Milk bottle is the only thing that can make my gal opens her eyes each day. After that, will have to think of ways to get her out of bed, like playing with bubbles when showering, giving her biscuits or telling her her favourite cartoon is on Tv. Have to try many many ways. Sometimes also ran out of ideas. But most impt, ur boy must have enough sleep if not even harder for him to wake up.

Hi zestles,
Thanks for the help...do let me know if can purchase or not for the books.

wha cheryl,
your boy really sleeps early, my boy sleeps at 1030pm at nite but he naps in the noon from 2-4pm
..and he always say he is not sleepy when its time for bedtime...

Hi jrt,
my son also always like to either laze around or cry when he sees me going to work...so have to tell him he can go play the playground at sch, play with friends...watch tv..or buy fav food so that he can eat for breakfast...

Back