! - Anyone send their kid to abacus classes?

Anyone send their kids to abacus classes? Where? How's the classes like? Are they using the 5 beads or 10/9 beads in a row abacus?

Anyone knows where to buy abacus learning materials?

Thx.

My child is attending abacus lesson in CMA. They are using the 5 beads type dual hand system. YOu can buy abacus from any bookshop. But if you are going to CMA than it is provided.

Hi GOldilocks,

How old was your child when he/she started CMA? What sort of 'progress/improvement' (which you can attribute to attending CMA) do you see in your child? I am deliberating if I should send my kid to CMA/abacus class and would appreciate greatly if you can share your child's progress/your opiniions. thanks

I am very curious. Cause I learn at C.C. but I only notice the only difference is Pricing, do is it really worth to sent to those high class teaching schl???

Cause my teacher also go there CMA and C.C. to teach.

My boy is attending CMA since last year. So far so good. I think it is a good way to let the child learn how to focus.

http://bentohappiness.blogspot.com/

5325321.jpg

hihi,

sorry late reply. super busy.

Samantha, my child been in CMA for 1 year now. She now can do mental for subtract or addition for about 7 row. Recite her multiplication tables. She is 5 years old

Mimi, I have only hear of 3G & 4G (3rd or 4th generation abacus) not 3D abacus. Maybe you can share more about 3D abacus. I have learnt 4G abacus but I still prefer the traditional type. You will know how to use the 4G or 3G abacus if you learnt the traditional type but not the other way round.

Maggie, Yeah the fee is very exp for CMA. But I think worth it. My friend send her child to CC abacus but not good leh..
I think it's the teaching material used.

Hope above info helps you to decide
happy.gif

For fees wise if you go for the 2 days per week will be cheaper than 1 day per week. It is 180/2days and 250/1day for 10 lessons. But I think not neccessary to send 2 days a week cos you can do with your child.

hi mummies,

could you enlighten me what is CMA?

Abacus class vs tradtional math tuition which is better?

thx

Hi KMK
I send my 4yrs old daughter for abacus class. Intially ok but later she lost interests. I think the school u choose is very impt coz the one I enroll got many changes in the end. She came to me and tell me she got no interests.

Hi All
Any comments? I realize CMA fees varies depending on branches. Jurong East = $250, whereas Jurong West = $280??? Why is that so?

If that's true is really funny. Is it because of location? That's for the info will call and check with the school.

I send both my sons to abacus class at ANG MO KIO RC. Taiwanese Teacher quite good and all her students achieve very good result in the certified exams. She will call my son for extra lessons if she finds that he cannot catch up.
Cost around $210 for 12 lessons.

CMA Punggol charges $310 per term now, am sending my ger for their trial class this wkend...Is it true that diff branch diff fees?

Hi, my son's with cma... if anyone need referral for CMA class, u can quote my son to enjoy 8% discount off a term fee. I will also enjoy 8% off too.

Pls pm me for my detail if keen..

Thanks...

Mrs Ng, I just enrol my gal to the yew tee branch at Limbang....no visible results yet so cannot comment but its indeed not cheap, hope its worth sending her go, will monitor for a term 1st but according to my fren its good n really helps...her 5 yrs old gal can know multiplications already
happy.gif

Back