Any Singaporean living in Johor Bahru ?

hi i have a question there is to stay in JB do I have to apply visa or something to stay longer in JB? sorry to ask but im kind of lost over here. hope some kind soul out there could help me on this.

for the recommended location for sg more chinese people since i have an mother who only know chinese which area is best option for me?

hi shoppixe instead of going thru MM2H I think i go by other way better. MM2H is too harsh for me as I dont have so much cash on hand. Its ok thank ppl I have a few friend in JB they can help me on this. Have a nice day all
happy.gif

I never apply for anything even though I just moved in and it's for good.. We will buy a house in Q1 next year.. Just have to remember to exit and re-enter msia right? I intend to apply for Macs at customs so I don't have to chop passport..

Hi Pearly, I am oso moving over to jb next mth. I am settling things ovr here as I hv lots to manage bfore I can ease my mind. Me and hubby had plan of making jb as our 2nd home yrs ago but only now we have the courage to do so.
happy.gif
Yes!! Its a really HuGe move n a hard decision but again like most ppl said living in sg is way too much.. Hehee.. im a SAHM with 5 kids age from 11 to 3.. Oh ya! I know I hv alots of kiddos.. hahaa.. So as plan, 2 of my elder kids n hubby will need to travel in to sg every morning n my other 3 will try to find thm a good nursery/kindergarten around my area. N btw Im residing at Taman Austin n that just a couple mins away from ur apartment
happy.gif
) maybe we could keep in touch n once Ive settled in we cld meet up..

Hi Sally,
I'm so happy after reading your post! xD Taman Austin is really near! High rise or landed? U guys bought the house or rent? We rent only, will buy next year.. Most prolly buy Plenitude terrace.. Btw, do u drive? If so, we can meet at Jusco for coffee.. Or we can come up to my place and let them stay in playroon, I bought the slide and swing for the kids but they prefer to play with friends.. hehe.. How old are your kids? Mine are 3 and 1.5yo..
happy.gif

So u're a full-time SAHM? Super salute u for being SAHM to so many kids! 2 for me already feels so suffocating.. Then do u have help? From parents or ILs? How do u cope after moving? I have no help and both my kids have been home for 2weeks+, already over-energized.. We need to place them in childcare soon.. Haha.. Was considering Montessori or Q'Dees (both near my house)..

So when is your move in? Ya, I remembered that the transition is super hectic and confusing period.. After settle down le, will be very relaxed! In fact, we have time to go drive around and explore Msia.. We managed to find Hello Kitty Land yesterday.. Haha..

Sorry for so many questions.. hehe.. So excited to get to know fellow SG SAHM moving near me!

Hi mummies,

This thread is getting more interesting with your sharing. Thank you.

I also have always wanted to live in M'sia. I almost bought Setia Tropika. Paid deposit and than withdraw plan b'cos HB not convinced. Safety, travelling and traffic condition is our main concern. We have also very young children like you all. Now we travel frequently to JB to have a test test too. Maybe will also look at Plenitude because of many amenities nearby (good for retirement). But I like Austin, Sutera Utama and Molek too I think that place looks cleaner compare to other Taman. But amenities wise I think Desa Trabrau will be better. BTW, Pearly is the show room ready for Plenitude?

(To April) - you don't need to apply visa as long as you have passport stamp frequently. Here are the places with more chinese you can go recce. Permas Jaya, Johore Jaya, Austin Molek... (1st link) and Sutera Utama (heard that their house not cheap but quality good)... (2nd link)

(To Pearly) - I think you cannot employ maid directly from M'sia. FYI Singaporean also cannot buy M'sia registered car. But if you are MM2H I think can apply.

(To Sally) - Wow 5 kids. Salute to you. Moving to JB also more playing space for the kids
happy.gif
. Hope to hear more updates from you about travel to and fro with kids. Btw, which part of Singapore are they schooling and working? How long do they take to reach their destination?

(To Jensze) - YOu are PR or Singaporean? Heard from M'sian friend that Seed at Danga Bay(Link 1) is good. You can go recce, I have not tried. Travelling from JB custom to Bukit Indah with the new expressway takes only about 15min.

(To SAHM) - Preschool is not compulsary but Primary is compulsary. But you can write in to apply to be execused for Primary school if you are homeschool. If you are driving there are many place you can live. If not nearer places will be Pelangi..

Hi Goldilocks,
I'm not going for MM2H.. My husband is Malaysian.. I intend to apply for PR.. Both my kids will be holding dual citizenship.. FYI, a lot of people will just skip MM2H as it's too much money to be locked up in Msia.. That's y it's seldom heard of.. More worth it to just re-enter Msia and get Macs..

I wouldn't want my kids to miss Primary school here as the standard here is very high.. Better for them to keep the pace early.. Even now as I look for a childcare or enrichment class, I'm looking for something that's close to SG standard.. Since we are SG, should make full use of the subsidy given right? Haha.. A lot of Msians come over to study, just like my hubby.. All the more we shouldn't deprive our kids of SG education.. Just my 2cents worth..

No new news on rumored EDL toll..

Hello Pearly,

Yes agree with you, MM2H is alot of $. I don't intend to do that too. YOur husband is already M'sian no need MM2H lah... He could buy houses in M'sia no cap right? Foreigner has to buy above 500,000.

But how to apply for PR if SG. If can I would like to apply too, it's easier to get things done with PR status (can buy M'sian registered car). But I ever read it somewhere only MM2H can apply (not too sure). Maybe for your case also can? HB is M'sian
happy.gif

What enrichment course are you giving to your kids in JB? Can share / recommend?

happy.gif

Hi Goldilocks,
Yep, as my hubby is Msian we already can use their benefits..
happy.gif
But the terrace we intend to buy is still above 500k.. Haha.. The cheaper ones around that area are old.. We prefer Plenitude anyway..

I heard PR in Msia is not easy to apply, especially for chinese (hearsay).. For me, my FIL has a lawyer who can do on my behalf.. Other than that, I do not know le.. Sry..

I'm currently considering placing them in halfday childcare.. Either Montessori or Q'Dees, which are near my place.. Montessori is shophouse type but I suppose their syllabus will suit SG standard and the fees are higher (abt the same rate as SG but in RM).. Whereas Q'Dees is semi-d type.. They have waterplay and "outdoor" activites.. Fees are cheap and no deposit is needed but I have yet to check out that place.. Both of them are English based, which is what I need.. And they also teach mandarin and malay.. xD

Btw, are u staying in Msia now? U have to know which area u want to live in first before u sought out the kids' education right? Which area are u looking at? If u're considering staying in BI side, then no need to think about placing your kids here cos it will be too far..

Oh ya, Plenitude showroom is up.. But depends on which type of housing u looking for.. Bungalows, clusters and semi-ds are up.. Terraces will be ready early next year I suppose.. I'm also waiting to go view.. hehe..

Hi Pearly,

Looking at Plenitude now. Bukit Indah is not convienent for us, have to travel to work everyday. Still open for other areas if can find better place. I also looking at terrace only b'cos still have HDB. But will go and take a look at their show room first.

I am not living in M'sia yet. But I travel frequently to have a feel of living in JB. I always come for their food. If you enjoy food I can recommend you many good food around JB. I go to many places in JB to recce haha.. After you tasted the food there, when you go back to SG, you don't enjoy SG food. M'sia food is nice and reasonable price... yum yum...

Do you have any problem when you travel back to SG by Pandan?

Ah hah! Competitor for Plenitude! Hahaha.. I like! Just kidding..
happy.gif
U also went to see Plenitude ah? We have a friend staying in Tebrau Ria already.. It looks quite nice but the new phase will be better than theirs.. haha..

The food here is nicer and cheaper.. Most of the random coffeshops we went to have very nice food.. Somemore there's no overcrowding here.. No lunch crowds, no dinner crowds etc.. Carpark is not a problem too.. Unless u go to where only SG ppl will go (eg shopping centres)..

My hubby works in SG.. Pandan is which route? I know we use the only route to city, then turn halfway into EDL.. Traveling is very fast.. Where do u and hb work? My hb lucky, he works in woodlands and he works night shift, seldom head on with the jam.. But I noticed that the jams are very irregular recently, duno why.. This morning can jam coming into JB at 11am, at SG custom..

Hi Singleton,
I'm not sure if they have in SG or not.. We went to the showroom at Taman Desa Tebrau.. At the end of a certain row of shophouses nearby.. Their showhouses were up for bungalows & semi-ds.. Not sure for clusters but terrace definitely not yet..

U keen too? xD

Hi Pearlyn, move around for work. North and sometimes NW area only. So not too bad. But woodlands is so near
happy.gif

Flood and jam always at Pandan side
sad.gif

Goldilocks,
Oh! That's the stretch where we would turn up to EDL, so it's quite ok leh even on rainy days.. Before EDL, it was a mess.. Now, ok le.. U should try.. xD Maybe a bit of slow traffic before there but it's cause of bottleneck area..

hmmm, anyone has any idea about the Nusajaya area? I am considering purchasing a property at the Medini area.... seriously considering to move there...

Thank you very much. I was just considering whether I wld like to go up north to retire next time. Might buy for investment now but if the development turns out well and my family likes the place, why not? My wife will scold me for sure, cos she converted to Singaporean haha. I would have preferred the Nordic countries but it would be too far from my parents. I'll pop by often to see how you people are settling up there, and see if I can glean any insights from your experiences. Cheers.

Yupyup I'm keen in staying at jb.. I like idyllic lifestyle instead of rushing ard in a rat race.. I'm in it alr.. Hope to give my boys a happier childhood memory

But too bad it's only avail in jb, if only the showrooms in Sg, make things a lot easier =)

mr_elmo,
For retirement, if u can afford luxury, maybe can check out places like Horizon Hills, Leisure Farm, East Ledang kind of places? All in Nusajaya that I read.. I went to recce and saw HH.. Very vast and luxurious leh, those bungalows la.. Overlooking golf courses one.. Hehe.. Intending to recce the other residences too.. Sounds very classy.. But it's too out the way for us to even consider.. Quite inconvenient leh.. Cos I don't drive and when kids grow older, will be inconvenient for them too.. Just my thoughts.. xD

Singleton,
U drive? If u do, it's very near 1st link only.. Erm if u don't, then the bus only reaches Jusco.. Can see the showroom from there but quite a long walk.. =X

I think Setia got showroom in SG ba? Have u checked it out yet? Actually, I think lucky for us that Plenitude don't have showroom in SG.. If not, I think will sell out quite fast.. Haha.. =X

I'm already picturing my kids cycling around the estate.. Yesterday we drove around.. Saw a lot of activities in the fields around there.. Couples, families, young and old.. Cycling, kite flying, kite selling, selling/eating durians, jogging, at the playground way at the end (first time I see playground being used in JB!) etc.. Even can see ang moh jog or shop once in a while.. Quite surprising to us especially since we hear this area high crime rate but doesn't look like it leh..

Hi Pearly,

Thanks. I just took a look online and wow, spaces are big and the price tag, similarly big too haha. Then again, it's nothing compared when you talked about the crazy prices in Singapore right now.

As a matter of personal preference, I prefer to conserve cash in hand, so I am not intending to spend too much on a new property. I am debt free in Singapore so to buy a new property in Malaysia, is getting myself into debt again. Well, I just tell my wife that given the current COE climate, the car we want to buy can get us a good condo in the Nusajaya area, so dun get a new car and spend it on a 2nd home instead :p

I drive but not familiar w jb grounds to head there..
Pearly, so u bought plentitude? Can share what the prices are like?

Not sure if there r like minded who are keen to head there to look see

Hi

I have a Malaysian friend who is a property agent in jb.

Anyone who is interested to look see look see jb properties can pm me your contact, so that she can get back to you.

No obligations though.

Cheers

cheap gucci belts
fake gucci belts
cheap louis vuitton belts
cheap gucci shoes
discount gucci shoes
replica true religion jeans
cheap gucci shoes
cheap nike run+3 shoes
cheap nike free shoes
cheap nike free 3.0 shoes
cheap nike free 5.0 shoes
cheap nike free 6.0 shoes
cheap nike free 7.0 shoes
Nike Free Run Shoes Sale,Cheap Nike Free Run 3.0/5.0/7.0 Outlet.
Nike Free V3,Nike Free 3.0 V3,Nike Free Run,Nike Free Shoes,Discount Free Run,Replica Free Run.
The Nike Free Running Shoes In Australia,Cmfortable,Beathable and fashionable. All of the Nike Free shoes are designed with high quality and free shipping. Cheap Free

Run Stores.
Cheap Gucci Belt,Fake Louis Vuitton Belt,YSL Belts,Wholesale Replica Shoes,Belts Online.
Gucci Shoes Outlet,Cheap Louis Vuitton Belt,YSL Belts,Wholesale Sunglasses,Replica Handbag,Watch,Cap,Belts Online.Authentic Gucci Belts,Louis Vuitton Belts,Wholesale

Replica Belts Online.

Dear mummies... I'm here to 凑热闹!!

We are planning our move to JB too, but kids still study in Spore so everyday we'll be on the move...

Anyone can advise how the Kempas Utama is like? The properties over there are by IOI group, heard it's quite a prominent group? Also I heard now the Iskandar properties are snapped up fast upon release too!!

Are we able to employ a domestic helper there, or can anyone help give me a suggestion? Coz I've got 3 young kids from 3-8!!

Wow,, I think nowadays many Sporeans are accepting the idea of moving across the causeway ya? Although some may still say that we are 'siao'
happy.gif
Also heard about security concerns. Is it really that bad?

Looking forward to making friends who share the same mind lah.

Cheers!

Hello Addy,

If you are a Singaporean, I don't think you can employ maids from M'sia. Unless you take MM2H. If maid employ from Singapore you can bring her to and fro M'sia with her passport no need visa.

Hi Goldilocks.. Thanks for ur advice..

Hi DD.. Any advice for me? We are gonna move over and I've 3 young kids.. Do u feel safe there or is there anything I should look out for? I need to get some furnitures, is there anywhere that I can go see see? What a waste there's no ikea in jb
happy.gif
. We'll be sending and fetching kids to & fro their schools every morning via Woodlands checkpoint.. Wow I see that its super jam for cars going into jb after 5pm!! Btw we've mostly patronised Tebrau City & Sutera Mall. Any other nice shpg centres u can recommend?

For us Singaporeans, we can't drive a Msian plate vehicle into Spore ya?

Hello DD,
Thanks for your advice. As both kids are different school and different session, it is really logistic nightmare. Whereas for me, I am working full-time but if I can settle bus transport, then I can spent morning in JB factory then go back S'pore during off-peak less jam hours lor.

Actually the fees are reasonable but I suppose it is only 1 way right. Could you ask your uncle how he managed his P5 girl if you have chance? No hurry. Kids should have CCA and other activities in school to stay back and etc.

Many thanks!

Addy,

For shopping, it depends where you are... Daiso, popular, aeon under 1 roof at Bukit Indah or similiar shopping experience in Spore like KSL mall. Older town like Sukdai area got shopping area too, good to go after legoland as Indah more expensive.

Aeon must expensive compared to giant, carrefour... the Store or those smaller mart offer more competitive rate for grocery but not variety.

Just personal opinion okie.

Thanks DD!! Ok noted on the pass..

we will be staying in jb from next month onwards and i am really praying hard that everything will goes smoothly.

Yes, the school in jb is VERY flexible. We had enrolled her last year for 2013 (N2). As i missed the orientation during Nov 2012. The school allow my daughter to attend 1 day trial on 3rd Jan and start school on 1st Feb (and school only asked me to pay for Feb school fee onwards). My daughter is currently serving 1 month notice at her current childcare..

Hi! I m a very new mmber. In fact juz only join. I am thinkg of rentg a hse in jb n read this forum abt rentg/buyg hse in jb. I bought a two-storey cluster home in austin hills last year. I believe it wll b ready some tine this yr cos its already 85% when i chkd in december. I was tinkg to rent a jb hse for a year while waitg my hse to b ready. And i still need time n money to renovate it. I read DD post on d negativities of frens n relatives abt movg n livg in jb cos my fam n i also encountered d same issues. Its very encouraging when i read DD post n wd like to say sumtin. I hv yet to discuss wif my hubby n chldren abt the hse rentg before movg in to our permanent jb home. My mind keep on tinkg of the problems of gettg to n fro jb as i ve 4 school going chldrn n both me n my hubby is workg.

Tks DD. i ve also heard about d new ruling on foreigners buyg hse in jb n was tellg my hubby how lucky that we decided to buy a hse last year. How long have you bn living in jb and is your place anywhere near mine?

Another question, can Singaporean with no Malaysia home address or business able to open bank savings account? My fren told me that there are some charges if the account is not active mOnthly. Next, which bank? Maybank or hong Leong? Many thanks

What i learn from Public Bank is that the only bank which opens on Saturdays (1st Sat evry mth closed) is Maybank. All other banks closed on Saturdays. And u r right DD, now u ve to own a property in Msia to open an account. Becos when i open acct with Maybk JB a few years back, i didnt ve a property. If your account is inactive for a year the bank wll send letter informg that they wl charge a fee and u ve to re-activate it before u can use your atm card again. Thats what happened to me abt two years ago when my acct is stagnant.

hi

my family will be relocating to jb soon. can anyone share their experience in applying for their child to b home-schooled?

Hi DD,

Thanks for your sharing
happy.gif
. May I ask which part of JB do you live? How long is the distance from your place to the checkpoint?

Normally how long is the jam when at 5:30am~6:00am from JB checkpoint to Singapore?

And at 6:00pm jam from Singapore checkpoint to JB?

Can get out of the jam within 1 hour?

Thanks you

Back