Any Recommendation for Playgroup at Bishan /Upper Thomson area

hi, anyone tried these places:
MMI at Bright Hill Drive
Sunny Bunny Montessori at Sing Ming
Baby Jumper Gym(Ridgemont)
Would appreciate any feedback or advice

thank you

Hi,

Has anyone try out Red School House or Modern Montessori in the Bishan/Thomson area? Any feedback will ba helpful as I'm looking to enrol my 3/4 yr old.

Thanks!

Hi Mummies,
Merry Christmas to all!

I saw this new preschool called Giving Tre3 when I went to Thomson Plaza last week. I think their webpage is www.givingre3.com. It was next to Thomson Plaza along the main road. Its a new preschool cum enrichment centre opening in Jan 2013. I decided to go drop by unannounced cos just nice my boy turning 3 next year and I want to put him in Nursery. The lady was very nice and friendly and showed me around the place.

I must say, I loved that place alot!! It was not very big with only 3 classrooms, 1 class being dedicated as a computer lab for their reading enrichment programme and 2 other classrooms. But it was very cosy! Like a home feeling. Their boss is also very sweet and she shared that she's been in the early childhood industry for more than 12 years. I don't really like those big organisations cos most of them just care about the business and making money but I could feel her passion for children even through talking to her.

They also have an outdoor area, although not very big with water and sand play. It was really nicely done up!

They also had reading enrichment and Pri Sch Preparatory programmes. Their reading enrichment programme is from Australia and its partially an online lesson. I think the name is Reading Eggs. Seems very interesting cos I went to the reading eggs website just now and the lessons were very fun. My girl quite likes to play on the computer and I think this will attract her. Besides having the online lessons, the teachers will also conduct activities in the classroom. I think will be a good balance.

They also have this Pri Sch preparatory programme sounds quite good too cos besides English and Maths, they also have this social and emotional learning lessons, something like learning how to listen, problem solving skills, focusing and paying attention etc. Which I feel my girl will need help in....she's quite hyper and can't really focus on a task for long.

They having opening promo now. Got waiver off registration fees and discounts too. I've decided to sign my kids up cos they have sibling discounts too.

Hi Mummies, I stay near Thomson Plaza. I checked out this new enrichment centre called "Giving Tre3" just beside Thomson Plaza recently. It's quite a cosy and homely learning place.

They have quite an interesting reading programme from Australia. My 3-yr-old kid went for their trial and enjoyed the lesson, cos he got to learn to read the words through online games and activities. I've brought him around many places but he didn't quite like the "worksheets-and-reading" approach in those schools. So, in the end, I've signed him up for the reading class at "Giving Tre3" in Jan 2013.

At the same time, I've enrolled my 2-year-old girl in their preschool playdate. It's 3-hour session, from Mon to Fri. She likes the wide selection of toys in the play room. Not forgetting the outdoor sand play and water play!

Just sharing, in case you ladies are also looking for some presch programmes.

You may want to check out the centre on their FB:
https://www.facebook.com/GivingTre3

Hi mummies, I have a younger son turning 2yo in May. I intend to enrol him in some preschool enriching programmes for Toddlers (18 – 30 months), preferably near Thomson area.

I called Zoo-phonics Thomson few weeks ago, but they do not have enough kids to start a class (at least 3kids). The session is supposed to be 1-1/2hr @ $30.
I was wondering if there are other playgroups in the area where I can bring my kid.

hello mummies! I'm thinking of putting my child in one of the schools below:
1) Totsville Montessori
2) My Little Campus
3) Callidus

any review will be much appreciated!

I send my kids to Growing Up Gifted at Thomson. Transferred them from MFS as we felt the curriculum was not vigorous enough to prepare the older one well for Primary School. GUG focuses on academics a lot, starting with phonics from PG and builds on that foundation for both English and Mandarin. I have visited expensive schools like Mindchamps and I feel GUG is better value for money (they are not cheap but their focus on school readiness, if that is a priority for you, is great).

Back