any mummy trying for #2 for Year 2016?

faithmummy1706

care to chat here ?
I feel that it might be difficult or tired to try for #2 when you also need to take care of #1
But I hope to find more people going through this and support each other?

Yes, as much as I would like to try for No. 2 but it takes 2 to clap. My hubby isn't too keen on it given that both of us are already suffering from lack of zzz :) My No. 1 is turning 9 months old end of the month and am still breastfeeding her. I do hope to try for No. 2 before I turn 35 next year :)

I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant.. And my husband is already planning to try for #2 either next year or 2017.

But currently we are staying in a 2 room flat (only 1 bedroom), our bto is only coming mid to end 2017. :(

Totally no space in this flat. On top of this space constrain problem, also $ problem since both of us are only drawing average salary..

But I guess we will have a clearer pic if we can try for #2 so soon after my first girl is here..

Hi diamondfericia,
Hello !!! nice to hear from you :)

Hi Mawby84
Me too, my son is 21 month old but i am still suffering from lack of sleep.... i am currently still fully breastfeeding him too but i am hoping to stop pumping at 24 month old and plan for #2 around Nov...

Hi TTC2014
Congratulations !! I am same as you... when i was preggy with #1 in 2013, i also start thinking about Planning for #2 in late 2014 But eventually i did not because I am still trying hard to cope with #1....
I am also turning 35 soon and both me and hubby earn average salary only too...

Yeah.. I guess we will never know till my baby is here:) jia you!!

Hopefully #2 will come to you once u and hubby is ready!!

Hello all,

My girl is turning 3 years next month. Initially wanna try for a goat as I want a 3 yrs difference but then it's alway easier to say. I found I was not so fertile as before, perhaps due to the age. Am 32 this year. I strike jackpot at my 2nd month of TTC for my firstborn. And now after trying for 3rd month, my AF gone kind of haywired. I think it's really due to stress as am following certain calendar. The hub prefer a boy and I don't really mind because I had invested quite alot on my girl clothings. If it's a girl, at least I can save 'money'. Hope to strike a gender balance and can close my factory soon. Of coz, healthy baby is more important.

Hi diamondfericia,
Hello !!! nice to hear from you :)

Hi Mawby84
Me too, my son is 21 month old but i am still suffering from lack of sleep.... i am currently still fully breastfeeding him too but i am hoping to stop pumping at 24 month old and plan for #2 around Nov...

Hi TTC2014
Congratulations !! I am same as you... when i was preggy with #1 in 2013, i also start thinking about Planning for #2 in late 2014 But eventually i did not because I am still trying hard to cope with #1....
I am also turning 35 soon and both me and hubby earn average salary only too...

@faithmummy1706, am intending to wean my girl when she turns 1 year old so I can get more sleep (1 hour more per day) or spend more quality time with family :) Other than sleep, the other consideration is caring for the child. My girl is currently in infantcare. Even if costs allows to have both child in infantcare, I do not know if I could handle 2 of them after work and during weekends :(

care to chat here ?
I feel that it might be difficult or tired to try for #2 when you also need to take care of #1
But I hope to find more people going through this and support each other?

Me! my no 1 is already 20months. This month is my first month of TTC for no.2 and really hope to concieve soon...How old is your no.1?

Hello all,

My girl is turning 3 years next month. Initially wanna try for a goat as I want a 3 yrs difference but then it's alway easier to say. I found I was not so fertile as before, perhaps due to the age. Am 32 this year. I strike jackpot at my 2nd month of TTC for my firstborn. And now after trying for 3rd month, my AF gone kind of haywired. I think it's really due to stress as am following certain calendar. The hub prefer a boy and I don't really mind because I had invested quite alot on my girl clothings. If it's a girl, at least I can save 'money'. Hope to strike a gender balance and can close my factory soon. Of coz, healthy baby is more important.

This is what i scared too, As I heard from many friends that they are not fertile after delivering first born.... but then again, i am not the fertile type to begin with too, suffered a Miscarriage before my first born too ....
To me, Healthy baby more important too.... although i want a girl for second child...
Do you want to consider Tiao your body with TCM?

@faithmummy1706, am intending to wean my girl when she turns 1 year old so I can get more sleep (1 hour more per day) or spend more quality time with family :) Other than sleep, the other consideration is caring for the child. My girl is currently in infantcare. Even if costs allows to have both child in infantcare, I do not know if I could handle 2 of them after work and during weekends :(

Ya, Motherhood is more than Just breastfeeding... Bonding is very important too
the reason why i continue breastfeeding until today is because my son cannot sleep without latching... so i continue, also to make my life easier.
In such a case, Hubby's support is very important but for my case, my hubby is pretty lazy.... so if you have a good support from hubby, you can consider...

Me! my no 1 is already 20months. This month is my first month of TTC for no.2 and really hope to concieve soon...How old is your no.1?

my #1 is now 21 month old... So that means you and I delivered around the same time for first born.... hehehhehe and both our #2 are probably going to arrive in 2016 since we try around the same time.. Hopefully...... hehehe How old are you if you dun mind me asking

This is what i scared too, As I heard from many friends that they are not fertile after delivering first born.... but then again, i am not the fertile type to begin with too, suffered a Miscarriage before my first born too ....
To me, Healthy baby more important too.... although i want a girl for second child...
Do you want to consider Tiao your body with TCM?

Yes, healthy baby is defintely more important. I feel the gender part is fated. Just like how some of my friends who have 3 boys or 4 girls. It's all fated.
You are currently expecting your no. 2 already?
This tiao thing is very expensive.. probably I just try another 3 more months if still don't have then will start tcm.

Last edited:
my #1 is now 21 month old... So that means you and I delivered around the same time for first born.... hehehhehe and both our #2 are probably going to arrive in 2016 since we try around the same time.. Hopefully...... hehehe How old are you if you dun mind me asking

Wao! both our no.1 so close! I am 30 this year :) how about you?

Yes, healthy baby is defintely more important. I feel the gender part is fated. Just like how some of my friends who have 3 boys or 4 girls. It's all fated.
You are currently expecting your no. 2 already?
This tiao thing is very expensive.. probably I just try another 3 more months if still don't have then will start tcm.

No, i will be trying to conceive soon.
Previously i tiao my body with tcm Dr Su from bukit batok....

Ya, Motherhood is more than Just breastfeeding... Bonding is very important too
the reason why i continue breastfeeding until today is because my son cannot sleep without latching... so i continue, also to make my life easier.
In such a case, Hubby's support is very important but for my case, my hubby is pretty lazy.... so if you have a good support from hubby, you can consider...

@faithmummy1706 I'm 34 this year too :) oohh my girl naturally wean off latching a few weeks ago and decides to knock out on her own. Likewise, my hubby belong to the relatively lazy type. He will never wake up for her morning feeds unless I really cant tahan and will ask him to do it. Maybe I prefer to be in control type like how warm the milk has to be, the type of diapers to use (diff brands for day vs night use) and so on. I always believe.. anybody can fall sick in the household but mummy cannot fall sick :)

Mawby84, you are a rooster too ! :) :) ya it is so true..... that mummy cannot fall sick.... sad to say.. my hubby still not the hands on type after almost 2 years..... so i am very very tired.... you must be wondering why i still want #2 .... because i really want to give a sibling to my #1 , no matter how difficult it gets... and I am 34 year old now, i fear that if I don't try to ttc now, i might regret in future...

Mawby84, you are a rooster too ! :) :) ya it is so true..... that mummy cannot fall sick.... sad to say.. my hubby still not the hands on type after almost 2 years..... so i am very very tired.... you must be wondering why i still want #2 .... because i really want to give a sibling to my #1 , no matter how difficult it gets... and I am 34 year old now, i fear that if I don't try to ttc now, i might regret in future...

@faithmummy1706 yeah am a 1981 rooster :) I would say my hubby is pretty hands on but need to nag him then he start to move. Being an only child myself, I do feel lonely during my growing years and no one to confide in during my teenage years and of course when the time comes as my parents age, I would be alone with no one to seek advice from in the family (excluding my hubby).

On hubby's end, he has a younger brother so he can't relate to me. He feels that we should be able to provide for the child then have one, meaning other than financial support, being able to care for the child properly and so on. My hubby isn't young, he's 6 years my senior, maybe that's why he feels too tired to be actively engaged with child caring.

You had rightly pointed out that we do not want to regret. I totally share that. It's like we slog for a few years during the child's growing years and it would get easier after that. Somemore, this would be our 2nd attempt, therefore it should be easier than the 1st :)

mawby84, frankly speaking... my hubby want to try for #1 and #2 is because I insisted to.... he actually think the same as your hubby.... initially before #1, he was thinking that Er Ren Shi Jie is good enough...... then after #1 come, he told me 1 kid is enough, we try our best to nurture him, bring him up to be a fine young adult.... instead of wasting time trying for #2 and lost focus.... moreover, like what you say, my hubby also feel that Financial issue is another problem... But I told him I really want to give my #1 a sibling... what if we both grow old, and all the burden will be on him alone... at least with a sibling, he can share the load with his sibling... and What if few years down the road, when he suddenly want #2 but we are too old to TTC already? maybe also not fertile already... then confirm will regret SIGH SIGH SIGH

and I am totally opposite of your case...... I have a younger brother while my hubby is considered a Single Child.... so he feels that being a single child is perfectly alright... while I really enjoy having a sibling to fight and play with me since young

mawby84, frankly speaking... my hubby want to try for #1 and #2 is because I insisted to.... he actually think the same as your hubby.... initially before #1, he was thinking that Er Ren Shi Jie is good enough...... then after #1 come, he told me 1 kid is enough, we try our best to nurture him, bring him up to be a fine young adult.... instead of wasting time trying for #2 and lost focus.... moreover, like what you say, my hubby also feel that Financial issue is another problem... But I told him I really want to give my #1 a sibling... what if we both grow old, and all the burden will be on him alone... at least with a sibling, he can share the load with his sibling... and What if few years down the road, when he suddenly want #2 but we are too old to TTC already? maybe also not fertile already... then confirm will regret SIGH SIGH SIGH

@faithmummy1706 yes very true.. by the time we want, ooopssiee too late. Besides my No. 1 was premature (born at 36 weeks), so I'm a little worried also. Then my active labour was only 5 minutes and the midwife commented that I should go have No. 2 asap since giving birth seems so easy for me :( Errrmmmm....

Another consideration is space for No. 2 also. Currently, No. 1 has a room to herself and she sleeps alone at night. There's a sofa bed in her room (just in case my parents decide to stay over with her). No more extra rooms for No. 2 :(

5 mins is really very fast !!! my labour is 1 hour..... which i thought is fast already... the nurse even said that I should come to hospital earlier when i deliver #2

you now waiting for flat?

5 mins is really very fast !!! my labour is 1 hour..... which i thought is fast already... the nurse even said that I should come to hospital earlier when i deliver #2

you now waiting for flat?

I have my own place... just that other than the master bedroom, hubby has 1 room to himself for his 'bicycles' and 'workshop', he is a handy man. Then the 3rd room for No. 1. Leaves me with no additional rooms for No. 2 :)

icic.... no wonder... i have 1 study room so i also only have 1 room for #1 and #2 ... and i actually thought that they should share .... hehehe

@faithmummy1706 yes very true.. by the time we want, ooopssiee too late. Besides my No. 1 was premature (born at 36 weeks), so I'm a little worried also. Then my active labour was only 5 minutes and the midwife commented that I should go have No. 2 asap since giving birth seems so easy for me :( Errrmmmm....

Another consideration is space for No. 2 also. Currently, No. 1 has a room to herself and she sleeps alone at night. There's a sofa bed in her room (just in case my parents decide to stay over with her). No more extra rooms for No. 2 :(

5 mins labour is very fast. *Envy* How I wish mine can shorten to 5 mins.

5 mins labour is very fast. *Envy* How I wish mine can shorten to 5 mins.

haha.. it didn't feel like 5 minutes. My hubby was the one taking note of the time. He said his butt not even warmed up on the recliner sofa and baby was out liao :( But the pain was really unbearable as didn't take epidural and the nurse could not assemble the laughing gas for me in time. In the end, I only managed to use laughing gas during stitching.

Same here !!! i didn't use Epidural too ! hehehehe Jiayou to all of us for #2, okay?

I feel that Sharing is good... so that they won't be too pampered hehe

So all mummies here never use epidural.. I didn't use one too. Hehe!

I used laughing gas for my 4 hours labours including an hour of pushing.

I hope I don't have to use for my 2nd (If have) because my sister's colleague firstborn was about 4 hours and her 2nd doubled to 8 hours. I usually thought the 2nd one will be faster than 1st. After hearing it, I don't dare to think.

haha.. it didn't feel like 5 minutes. My hubby was the one taking note of the time. He said his butt not even warmed up on the recliner sofa and baby was out liao :( But the pain was really unbearable as didn't take epidural and the nurse could not assemble the laughing gas for me in time. In the end, I only managed to use laughing gas during stitching.

For stitching, they didn't give you any anesthetic before sewing back? I know mine did and it's quite painful.

when they stitch me, they got put anesthetics before that but I could not remember where... however I still feel the slight pain and the stitching sensation... which feels weird

I'm 34 this year and TTC #2. My #1 is coming 4 and I'm hoping to give him a sibling in year 2016. This is my 2nd month TTC and I am already tired of trying. Feel like time is not on my side as I will be approaching 35 next year. so feeling a little stress over here...

I'm 34 this year and TTC #2. My #1 is coming 4 and I'm hoping to give him a sibling in year 2016. This is my 2nd month TTC and I am already tired of trying. Feel like time is not on my side as I will be approaching 35 next year. so feeling a little stress over here...

you are not alone... I am also 34 and approaching 35 next year :(
feel so old... but at least your first child is 4 year old... when new sibling arrive, you can train him to help you out :) :)

:eek:

I know the jab on thigh not effective one. Does it helps with the laughing gas?

yes, the laughing gas got me real high and numb all the pain. But I have to say my gynae's stiching really good. I delivered my girl at 5.55am and was about to walk to the toilet unassisted at 11am to pee :) My gynae was ready to discharge me after 1 night's stay.. but I wanted to stay on to facilitate visitations and stay with baby girl.

we share the same age :) when I visited my gynae for the 1st appointment last year, she commented that I'm young and thought that I conceived shortly after marriage (so not true). Then I told her that I'm approaching the high risk pregnancy age already! But she shared that the magic number had been revised / updated to 40 given medical advancement and the age where couples get married.

Plan for some holiday trips to lessen the stress levels :)

yes, the laughing gas got me real high and numb all the pain. But I have to say my gynae's stiching really good. I delivered my girl at 5.55am and was about to walk to the toilet unassisted at 11am to pee :) My gynae was ready to discharge me after 1 night's stay.. but I wanted to stay on to facilitate visitations and stay with baby girl.

Me too went toilet unassisted 5 hours after delivery. Infact I was looking forward to go toilet and pee as my friend told me alot of mummies dare not go toilet (scare is painful). I was like thinking go early or late also must go, might as well go first and I feel the pain is bearable. I can walk normally as I have seen some others walking in V, friend shared hers because if she walked normally, she feel abrasion. Really have to give credit to our gynae stitching skills.

we share the same age :) when I visited my gynae for the 1st appointment last year, she commented that I'm young and thought that I conceived shortly after marriage (so not true). Then I told her that I'm approaching the high risk pregnancy age already! But she shared that the magic number had been revised / updated to 40 given medical advancement and the age where couples get married.

Plan for some holiday trips to lessen the stress levels :)

So the gao ling can fu age is 40 years instead of 35 now?

Hi mummies... Am 36 this year n ya.. Been trying for #02 but no luck since last year aug after my miscarriage on May... #01 is 3 yrs old this year.. It seen like not easy n Just seeing my gynac... N he ask me if I 1 2 do IUI... Any advice anybody??

hi lydiasui... big hugs, I also had a miscarriage before my #1 . Totally understand how you feel. Since you can get pregnant, I feel that actually you are fertile.
just that maybe your health is not in tip top condition to carry the second baby to full term.

Last time, I used half a year to see TCM to Tiao my body back to good health before I try for my #1
if you don't mind taking TCM, you can try....

Thank u faithmummy1706... Currently.. Seen my gynac n c how 1st.. I cannot take Chinese med leh.. If pill not so bad but if drink... I can die...

Back