Any MTB staying at Ang Mo Kio

ice,
cos long term i still wanna go back to work. dat's why looking for 1 which has gd curriculum in the PM for the time being. when things settle down & i go back to work, will be converting to full day

hey ice
stay put at sunflower lah...mir is starting full-day tmr (16aug). she has adapted to sch bus ride very well! cant wait to board it every time!

Jol >>good to heard dat I ;)

Juju >> full day n half day in sunflower is diff by $20 if I'm not wrong so just put full day lor get a sch bus to send her there then u can go back to zzz ;)

juju
yeah. agree with ice. then i tink cc won't suit your needs at the moment. u may need to look for a PM class instead.

or like wat ice said, can pay full day and then u can leave and take her back watever time you want.
happy.gif

ju, i think most cc's pm program is structured like sunflower's. if u want something more stimulating for yr girl, u may have to consider playgroup, but then someone or u have to ferry her to and fro.

hey gers.. gt yr transfers.

wendy, nt sure if i've missed yrs. let me noe if u've transferred and i'll check again. tks.

hey rosel, i am surprised as i have done the transfer from ocbc last week. let me check and get back to you. sorry for the delay... could you please pm me your hp number? thank!

wow... sounds like sunflower is hot fave now... i am so tempted to skip appletree for el and enroll him straight into cc. my maid is on my mum's nerves now too... this morning, my mum asked her to see what is the dosage of medicine for el. she told my mum whatever she says. my mum pissed and told her to read as she does not have her reading glasses. the maid says 5ml and my mum is puzzled on how come so much. she went to get her glasses and saw that it is 3ml... eyes rolling...

YES, el is sick again!!!! i am so sian... luckily, he does not have to be admitted. just have to use inhaler with medicines. this morning, my mum called to say that isaac has a rashes outbreak, even worst... my hubby told him to dr and apparently, isaac is allergic to something... BUT what is that SOMETHING?????

sigh... el is whistling again... he has a poor respiratory system. this is the part that i am scared of if he really go cc...

i am not sure what is isaac allegric to... i believed it is not food as he is still on tbf and only taking nestle cereal for the past week. anyway, my hubby made the maid change the linen and sun his mattresses, plus wash all of isaac's toys yesterday. she is so unhappy as she just change the kids' linen on monday.

hi wendy, u wan to try TCM for el? My boy oso hv poor respiratory...even diagnose by the PD mild brochitis...he caught cough plus phelgm so easily...practically almost every week lo...till i dunno wat to do...u knw he can complete his whole course of med and still not recover yet?

i switch him to TCM abt 3 weeks ago...and his condition i can say is totally recover...no more wheezing and cough! not even running nose!! im so relieve now...

u can check back the forum i ever asked the mummies here if they hv any recommendation for nannies as my son is falling sick too often till i hv to withdraw him frm his IFC...luckily now he's ok...we decided to let continue his last 5 mths of IFC...

Ice
good that E and Mir has another fren! my girl just adores the sch bus. any van that passed her, she would say it was the sch bus. good that the driver likes her. hopefully he takes good care of her for the to-and-fro journey.

Juju
try full-day at childcare when jodie turns 18mth?

Clover
i would luv to keep Mir at home but i am really tired in this last trimester to cope with her. She needs a lot of attention, as in someone to do activities with her all her waking moments. plus i need someone to look after her when i deliver. best option now is the childcare.

wendy
wil tcm help El, as in the physician prescribes way to strengthen his lung? i'm not sure how it works lah...but an option to consider. will pray for your boys.

hey all,
the teacher jus tagged a pic of the kids in my facebook. so u all can check out the kids.

hi jolene, wat's ur fb acct? hehe...curious to see the kids at sunflower...tml i will be gg dwn to view the sch...

the TCM is Yu Guo near to Kembangan MRT...

jolene, yah i understand. it does seem the best arrangement for u~~ take some rest b4 u give birth. now that we are engaging a helper, mil has agreed to help with my confinement.

there's one tcm near my place at blk 554 amk ave 10 that i freq. her charge is not expensive too, abt $10-$15 each time with consultation n med. the only draw back is she is not opened every day and limited hours. my boy and i are prone to coughing, but with her meds and my (limited) food therapy, we are able to recover sooner.

i have tried yu guo n find it effective, however with the distance n waiting, i rather see the tcm near my place.

hmm... tcm, my hubby wants to try and his colleague recommend him one at hong lim complex. anyone of you heard of it?

but i insist that el's condition must be 99% healed before switching to tcm as it appeared that it comes back everytime after his father wants to switch to tcm. jinx, i think... sigh....

wendy,
act u need not wait till ur son's condition is 99% healed b4 switching him to TCM leh...tat time my son is running high fever, bad cough wif phelgm and running nose...i juz stopped all my current medications and brought him to Yu Guo. After his 2nd vist, i can say his condition is at least 80% healed lo...

wendy, do u know that western meds curb the symptoms only? This is what my pd told me. Yes, he is a western doc.

Hmmm, if u bring yr child 1st to c western doc, then switch to tcm, so it seems to you that tcm doesnt work? Also, sometimes the illness type changes. Like for my boy recently, he went from "heaty" cough to "cold" cough n now he's at "half-way" cough. Confusing? Haha. Must really observe the child lor.

Ju, i also brought A3 to c the same dr zou. Not bad. I find her v cautious. Like b4 my kuantan trip, brought A3 to c her for meds in case his mild cough turns worse, she told me not to give him certain food to eat.

clover,
yes. jodie got heaty constitution. so each time jodie kena cough, gotta avoid lotsa food like porridge, cereals & any baked stuff. she will keep prompting for symptoms before deciding wat to give

clover, i really don't know about western verus tcm. my view is that western is to cure symptoms and tcm is to pu at the root. if have to dependent for the whole process, it will be a long process... sigh...

BUT what i know i want now is that he needs to be well enough to go hk in oct! although i have bought travel insurance on monday (jolene, thanks for the tip!), i am hoping that i can't have to use it...

ju, cant imagine not giving food to my boy when he's sick. If he wants to eat, i'll give him.

Wendy, can read up or ask more ppl. =) tcm is abt balancing the body. It's long process, coz it's everyday thing!

jeslyn and clover, do you have the exact address for yu guo?
my fil says that there is a good tcm at ubi along bus 55 route. is it the same one?

hey mummies i been to sunflower schoold tis morning! Miss Lena was not ard and it was the playgroup teacher who brought me ard...

btw, can i ask how cum thr's onli 1 toilet dwnstairs near to the playgroup classroom? Then whr do the kids hv their shower? If onli 1 toilet, with 11 kids now, wont the teachers take a long time to finish showering all the 11 kids?

Also, whr do the kids sleep ar? Cos i find the classroom quite crampy leh...can sleep so many kids meh?

Jeslyn
Yeah.. E kids shower 1 @ a time. E teachers hv a system. One shower, one dry and dress.

For naps, e kids sleep on mattresses on e floor. E N1 rm is used for napping. N they darken e rm. Space wise ok. Each mattress is e size of cot mattress. This is quite usual for cc.

oh ok...i was in a hurry so forgot to ask the teacher...

by the way, i realised the playgroup classroom doesnt hv any tables and chairs...then whr do they go their activities like coloring, plasting, writing etc? Do they do it in the main hall?

I understand that they hv some enrichment classes whrby we hv to pay extra for them. But the teacher told me tat for playgroup usu they dun hv any enrichment like montesorri/speech & drama etc..onli gym activities...which is quite different frm wat Miss Lena told me. She told me tat i can opt for other enrichment classes sld i wan it...

Jeslyn
It's better to talk to lena as she can give u e whole picture. I spoke to lena b4. Usually, playgrp kids dun take up speech n drama etc cos they're too young to understand n fully benefit frm e classes. So mayb tt's y teacher said so. They did some physical restructuring recently. I tink classrm now used for activites i.e music etc n they do table activities in main hall. U can check w lena on that.

jeslyn
i didnt pay up deposit til Mir was in cc for a week or 2. ask Lena how advance do u need to place the deposit. but they are not so sticky abt it right now cos not in hot demand like other cc. did the teacher told u there are 11 kids in playgroup? my impression is that there are 3 girls and 5 boys leh. then not always full attendance. but they are pretty fast in bath routine despite just 1 toilet.

jolene, Lena told me I could act pay my deposit thr CDA acct. Yes, the teacher told me thr are currently 11 kids in the playgroup wif 8 kids doing full time.

They do ve communication bk but I dun thk they will write down wat they do in sch is mainly use for remark only but u can chk wif teacher they shld ve a list for wat they goin to teach
happy.gif

hi all.
sorry to intrude,
i am a bishan mommy too. staying at st 13. does anyone has a good babysitter to recommned around the area pref st 13... need one urgently...

pls PM me.. thank you very much in advance

Sun went tampines IKEA for food and dat nite I got food poisoning . Monday whole day Laying on bed and today see doc n got an injection. Doc say is food virus and daughter n her friend also same... ;(

Back