Any MTB staying at Ang Mo Kio

stroller: unfortunately, i have to take a bus in order to get to MRT. so its either struggle with a stroller up the bus and struggle with a stroller with one hand and an active toddler with the other or die later when she fell asleep in my arms (arms will break)

leapfrog: I think their stuffs are educational?

Lambie: my hubby thinks it look silly (no offence)

clover
only at tmc and no evening appointment too.

apple
no worries. my hb oso thinks so too
happy.gif

clover, will await for your update in blog.
happy.gif

tinkerbelle, i suspect so too... have you tested?

jolene, my hubby not keen on froggy too as he minds people staring. so, he will carry or run after him.
hmm... generally, i will hold him with 1 hand and walk with him. when el starts roaming, i will decide if i want to follow or stay stationery no matter how he tries to get away. this is the part that people stare the most.
it is at church,where i will definitely use the froggy as el loves to go confession room and the old ladies will start telling me to keep him away as he will make sound.
generally, he will not fall unless you suddenly brake when he is on the move. anyway, he will fall on his bum with froggy is here to cushion his back. so far, so good....

apple79, it is ok. everyone has a different standpoint.
happy.gif

i find when i tell my alex i'm walking off without him, most times he will come after me.

Jolene, ic.. I dun need my hb to come along with me for the checkups so during the day is fine. Will only ask him to come for impt dates. Haiz as if i'm pregnant now. Lol!

Jolene: hee there is some resemblence in our girls think becos of their cheeks!

By the way, you know Wee Ling? Saw her in one of the pic in the swimming class with her son Andrae

re:ACJ
i liked adrian.
happy.gif
but quite a few liked jocelyn too. i had her for 1 of my check ups. i actually found her very very reassuring and very informative. if i have #2, i'll toss between the both of them.
happy.gif

wendy
haha...i'm one of those who take the stroller up the bus! but i usually will take a cab home for our return journey. heheh...

Jo, Clover,
I also thank God I changed Gynae, else we would really have opted for abortion cos her words really gave us a few sleepless nites until my colleague told us to seek a second opinion and recommended me the gynae his wife is using.

Clover,
I like Leapfrog cos some of their products cos I find e music of their toys pretty catchy for kids. I never buy their toys until I let Erica played wif my friend's kiddos Leapfrog toys. Her fave is still the Counting Pals.

The DVDs can only be played in PC cos its all under US coding which is code 1. My friend was e one who recommended the DVDs to me because her daughters picked up alot of vocab through the DVDs. SO I thought might as well give it a try. Next time we meet I bring along 1 of those I have n we try, see if ALex like it or nt den u buy if u r keen.

My gynae is Dr Fong Yang from Paragon Level 15. He's got another clinic at Tiong Bahru. I liked him cos I find him very assuring and very experienced. Pap smear and checking of dilation wif him always an ease.
happy.gif

Wendy, Jolene, Clover,
Nono, I am nt pregnant. Unless my AF don't report till end of this mth, den I'll go n check cos my menses never report on time.
sad.gif

Clover: yah i meant wei ling. oh u also know her hor cos u are from March 08 thread.

Tinkerbelle: lucky u seek 2nd opinion!!

apple, yeap. Jol, wl n i formed a swimming class for our kids but we have stopped.

Leapfrog
I'm looking at the fridge phonic set. Tot of getting it for alex. He's playing with the daiso fruit magnet n sometimes chewing on one!

Tinkerbelle
Just buy a test kit lor.

Apple
yes, yes, ur Amanda and Mir have the similar cheek, heh heh! clover's alex and my ger had swimming lessons wif Andrae las Oct. aft that we had not met.

Tinkerbelle
i had seen Dr Fong Yang before. He is indeed exp. do you drink chicken essence? when i am tired, i drink it.

Clover
Dr Caroline saw me to remove my C-sect stitches. She is very reassuring. My fren saw her for IUI. she is patient and helpful. pick and choose
happy.gif

tinkerbelle, forgot to add a =p hehe

Tks jolene, looks like it's either dr caroline or dr adrian tan for me. yah the fridge magnet thing is cute. i almost bot a 2nd hand one but alas i was not the first in queue.

Apple,
Yeah, I also think so.

Clover,
If u are getting the fridge magnet, get only e single letter one, the 3 letters ones have alot of bad reviews abt it, mainly that they don't pronouce the word properly.

My personal experience is don't ever get a second one for electonics stuff esp children's toys because u never know how many times the kid had dropped it on e floor n the parts inside could have loosen up.

I think mayb I will only test it end of the mth if AF nv reports. Cos I used to test it so many times b4 I was pregnant n always waste money. Even the pregnancy for Erica, I tested 3 kits, n once at the GP, my results very faint. And the GP told me nt pregnant somemore n prescribe me non-pregnancy drugs.

Jolene,
I don't like e taste of chicken essence leh. Got any other recommendations?

clover
E chews on the daiso magnets too! actually, boots have been chewing on them too. hahaha...
but i can't bear to throw them out cos E has learnt how to identify the truck and says 'truck'. actually, more like 'tuck'. hahaha

so tempting... but is the leapfrog phonics magnet suitable for my 5 mth old gal? or should i get it later?
how about the mozart magic cube?

Gabby's Mum,
Mozart Magic cube is a great Investment! Erica's been playing with it since 3 mths old. She'll tap on the cube and dance to the music. So far it's the only toy with the longest lifespan tt she'll adore.

Clover,
Are u getting the fridge magnet for e upper or lower case?

timminbuzz, i think my alex thinks they r real food? Lol

tinkerbelle, i didn't know there's 2 sets.

Gabby's mom, yes. That's the magnet set. I was hoping to buy it for $25 n below. U know jgal? She ordered the magic cube b4. If more than one of you getting the cube then i can help u all order. Buy similar items will help save on concierge shipping cost.

CLover,
Actually nt really 2 sets, usually they come with the upper case set, n there is an expansion pack for lower case. Bascially if u wanna intro letters to children, it is best to intro lower case first.

Nitestar,
Gabby's mum posted the link above is a pic of e mozart magic cube.

clover,

pls drop my order for the music cube cos i tot jgal has drop my order liaoz :p

I wan 1 set of the fridge magnet. Thank you

mummies who s keen to get the cube can go to oversea spree. she is open up batch 2

tinkerbelle, i ask stupid qn. Why is it better to intro lower casing alphabets?

Juju/nitestar, u ladies wan the fridge magnet set as well?

clover,
yes please! will u be ordering both the music cube and fridge magnet? or only the fridge magnet? can i have upper and lower case?

Clover,
yes yes.. My order same as juju..
magic cube.. and fridge magnet (upper n lower case)
I v KS hor? Jonas only 10.5 months leh..

Hi, anyone heard of the below infant care center in AMK ave 1?

Babies Resort Pte Ltd
Blk 340, Ang Mo Kio Ave 1
#01-1681/1683, Singapore 560340

i went to visit them.... i can say it's a small "resort" my frd recom mi...cos she put her child in tat childcare...

but i haben talk to the person in-charge yet....

any1 put their kiddo there? can share?

hw her son not there already... she says gd leh.. tat's y reco mi there...

my sin nw 13 mths... was thinking to put him there when he's 18 mths... wat abt u?

jolene, i just checked sg toysrus website. for just lower casing, it's $49.95.

Amazon's pricing: U$19.97 n after conversion, its S$27.73. maybe round up to the nearest dollar, still more than 40% disc. however the lower casing set is OOS.

Clover,
Juz checking with u, did u try checking out different websites for better pricing for the Magic Cube? Cos I saw from Jgal's website tt initially she ordered from Amazon but later change to kidssurplus for Mozart Magic cube cos that website is cheaper?

Gabby's mum,
Pardon me for being straight forward ah, actually if u wanna order from Jgal, its either u work near her or u travel to the west often. Else u need to opt for postage which will cost up ard 5 bucks becauses it's rather bulky and heavy. I never joi Jgal's spree mainly because of the logistic issue although her pricing is always very competitive. Mayb to save u the convenience, u might wanna consider ordering with Clover so tt you need nt pay extra for the postage?
happy.gif
Juz sharing my 2 cents.

Clover,
I missed out on your reply. It's recommended that we intro lower case to children first because it is easier for them to grasp the letter difference as well as take note of letters of p&q as well as b&d. Also, in books, we use more lower case than upper case, so it introduce familiarity to them.

re: babies resort
quite ex, rite? abt 2k before subsidies.
heard they had high frequency of hfmd, but dunno now ok or not.

Hi ladies

Sorry I MIA for so long as I am not feeling well. I had light menses for a week followed by 4 weeks heavy menses. I took a temp job in Sep and decided to quit one month later. Just quitted last week. Cos I cannot take stress. My gynae was worried I might miscarried cos I missed my period for 3 months before. All's well now. Its due to stress, hormones change and my friend thought I may have cyst or fibroid. I almost cried cos the moment i sneeze or cough my menses flowed out alot. Feel sicky all the times, no mood to go online.. unless I watch drama to heal my mood.

Sry I so loh-so.. I cannot make it this sat as I need to chauffer my mum out.. Enjoy...

Juju78, I remembered I read somewhere that babies resort has a bad reputation. I do not know how true it is. My impression is that the teachers were abit 'relaxed' towards those kids who can walk and crawl. If the babies are crawling near them, they use their legs to hinder them, something like that.. U should read up the forums regarding this.

My plans is to put my ger, Sylvia in Xiao Dou Dou at RC opp my block only. Its 2 hours playgroup Mon to Fri and its $100, I am not employed now so not enuff money to send her to those prestigious childcare centres. Also should I find a job, its easier for my grandma to send and pick her up. Imagine this plc is where my husband and myself used to study! So farni..

hi tinkerbell,

thank u for ur feedback too late liaoz already confirm with jgal so not nice to drop lah :p nvm i try to arrange with her loh.

hi babylynn
so u were not preggie? just had abnormal heavy menses? hang in there! it'll pass. if ur grandma can help take care of sylvia, go jalan jalan...do whatever u need to cope wif your moods.

hey clover
mayb i should buy the upper casing 1st. then wait to buy the lower case letter expansion pack. any advice?

babylynn,
ya, i read somewhere on this thread also. dunno how the teachers can be ok wif using their dirty legs to block crawling bbs & toddlers!

clover,
when r the stock for lower case coming in?

morning, just read the posting that i have been missing... i am also tempted to buy the fridge magnet! actually, i been wanting to get it but just didn't action. clover, let me know if your spree is confirmed.
happy.gif

lynn, are you better now? i am confused... are you preggie? at least, you have plans for sylvia!

i have no plans for el. till now, he is not talking. he refused to even call mummy and daddy or even anyone. there was a period of time when he will call, not sure why he just stopped. when he wants anything now, he will still point or scream. sigh... my mum was saying that it is because he is the only one at home. the only thing i can say is ask my mum to let him play with my neighbour's boys who el are currently warming up too... i am not sure if to send him for enrichment class now or wait till he is 2...

hey wendy
when we arrange to meet and you cant make it, ask ur mom to join us lah! we dun mind! jus to let El have interaction
happy.gif

Back