Any gyne to recommend for incompetent cervix?

bbrooster
I am now 27+2wks today. Really got no time to log in as my ger and boy are very sticky to me. Very happy to heard that you you are doing so well and will be seeing your bb soon. Congrates

Hi everyone,

i'm new to this thread.
coming to 8 weeks pregnant. was told by gynae that i had weak cervix when he did the D &C for me in jan 08.
dunno what to expect.

I had my first child in 2004.

<font color="0000ff">stups</font>
At 12.5wks in Oct last year I was still spotting. My gynae checked my cervix and I was 1.5cm dilated. A cerclage was put immediately the next day afternoon.

See what your gynae got to say. Some people got to go through a miscarriage then they know they have incompetent cervix.

I had a normal pregnancy in 2005 but this pregnancy suddenly I have incompetent cervix.

Bbrooster,

thanks for your reply.
I too had a normal preg in '04.

So for the cerclage to be done, need to be hospitalised? painful ?
which gynae are you seeing ?

My gynae is Dr Fong Yang.

You do not have to be hospitalised as it's a day surgery. But after the surgery you will stay in the hospital for about 6 hrs to be monitored for pain, bleeding etc. The procedure is not painful because I was put on GA. After that I rested at home for 6mths.

Now, I am waiting for the delivery of my bb boy. I will be 40 weeks this Sunday but I am going to induce on this Saturday cos he's too big already.

http://www.mygynae.com.sg/index.php?option=com_content&amp;task=view&amp;id=12&amp;Itemid=26

bbrooster,

bed rest meaning no walking or sitting at all?
congrats on your coming delivery, happy for you.

I actually lie most of the time. No walking unnecessarily and after sitting for an hour I will lie down again on the sofa or bed.

It actually depends on each individual. Mine was always spotting when I tried to walk. And I was always feeling heavy below.

After 34 wks I was more relax and did go out for a while. Just as I thought I was alright I bled again. So mine is a very difficult one and always give me red signal warning.

But some of the girls here can still go out for short while but most of them quit their job to rest at home too.

hmmm....haven't hear from them for a long time. hopefully they come in to share their experience too. Or you can read back on our postings.

I proudly announce the arrival of my bb boy on 19 April 08 just before midnight. He weighs 3.35kg.

It was very emotional when gynae pass the bb to the nurse and they place on my chest then start sucking the things in his mouth. He was crying loudly. The joy is indescriable. Though the 10 mths didn't come easy but everything that I've gone through was really worth it!

jia you, chloegal and sylvia you will be next.

Hi Bbroodster!!!!

Heartiest Congratulations to you and family on the new addition!!!

I totally understand how you felt when the bb was put in yr arms..I felt the same way..Please rest well and enjoy yr confinement
happy.gif
Let me know how you find yr CL...

Hi ladies! Yes, i havent come in for quite long due to lower back pain and a whole series of other ailments like flu and diarrhoea which plagued me for weeks! Congrats to BBrooster and Bam2! the moment when you carry your babies in your arms must be most touching. I am now 28weeks..think Chloegal also past 28 wks already.

Really testing my patience..each week seems a month.Bbrooster, so far u are the only one to reach 40 weeks..i am not wishing for too much...i just hope i can tahan till cerclage removal. Hearing all the postive news from u all makes it easier for me..if not my days are just filled with fear and aprehension.

Congratulations once again to all of you on your new bundle of joy. Chloegal, u busy with your work?

bbrooster
Congrates on the arrival of your bb boy.... you have finally graduate....

sylvia
Yes... i am still busy with my works and children. My 2 kids have become very sticky to me nowadays. I am 28+4wks today and my appt with my gynae have become 2 weekly now. My tummy is also much bigger compare to my last pregnancy.

stups
If you put in the cerclage before the cervix dilated, most likely you will not be required to bedrest. Ask your gynae for advise, think they will know what is best for you.

oh my gosh, another heart melting pic of a newborn. What a lovely sight. Sometimes i find it rather funny, we know how your sons look like but not the mothers we have been corresponding and pooling support with.

Newborn babies are so supple and delicate..so cute and fragile..

Now i have a query...is it really better to opt for caesarean? It seems a popular choice here...

<font color="0000ff">sylvia</font>
It's true more people are opting for c-section. Did you read in the papers sometime back? Somehow there are risks in operations.

This delivery was smoother than my last. Imagine I gave birth 4mins away from Sunday 20th I could walk and discharge on 21st. Recovery is much faster compared to c-section. Even below the episiotomy stitch also heal very fast. Today is exactly one week after I delivered and I felt even below has healed.

The only thing is I feel heaviness at my V. Same feeling when I was diagnosed with incompetent cervix. My massage lady is coming to massage on Monday and hopefully will get better if not will let my gynae know when I go for check-up.

<font color="0000ff">bam2</font>
How's your confinement? hooray, your confinement ending soon right.

Luckily, my CL turn out very good. She can cook very well and is very experience in taking care of baby. So I really put my mind at ease and rest well.

Hi bbrooster,
Thank you for inviting me here.

Hello to the rest of the ladies too.

Congratulations to the mummies that have given birth!

I'm also a 'sufferer' of incompetent cervix. Currently in my 27 week of 2nd preg, had cerclage at 12 week. Lost the first one during 24 week as IC was not detected by gynae. Recently, I feel some slight pulling sensation from the cervix area, is it normal or I have to go to the gynae?

<font color="0000ff">BB Tamago</font>
Welcome to IC support group!

I never had this pulling sensation before. For me I always experience spotting before. If you are not at ease I think better visit your gynae or call up to ask. It's better to be safe than sorry and you have come this far.

Thanks bbrooster, think I better check with my gynae then. I only wish that I can hold the baby as close to full term as possible. But it is very encouraging to see you ladies do it.
happy.gif

BB tamago, i am 29wk+2d so quite close to yours.
Hard to imagine the pulling sensation at the cervix area as mentioned by you..but i do feel urge to pass motion a few times a day. Sometimes bb kicks my cervix, also will feel as if something pulling the cervix down..dunno whether is it the same feeling you refering to.

Similar to you, i lost my last bb to ic at 25wks. So this time really praying every single day passes by uneventfully. i have gotten very good support and encouragement from the ladies here.

I am sure u, me and chloegal and others who have had their cervix sewed are on the way to a full term pregnancy too!

Any questions, let's share and discuss together.

<font color="0000ff">ladies</font>
Is it possible for cervix to be still dilated after giving birth?

How are you?

<font color="0000ff">Sylvia</font>
I want to follow through this thread till all of you give birth at full term. So jia you ok.

chloegal and Curl provided the most information to me when I first join this thread. I really appreciate all the sharing here.

Hi ladies!!

Sorry havent been here for awhile.. Been a little pre occupied with my little boy
happy.gif

Sylvia
I think it's an individual's decision whether to have c-sect or natural delivery and there is no one option better than the other. In terms of recovery, since I have been thro c-sect, I would say that how one recovers is subjective as well. I was operated almost 8pm in the evening and whilst I was in the observation ward before being wheeled back into my room, I could already wriggle my toes ( I had an epidural c-sect) and I could get off the bed early next morning. I didnt even take any pain killers after the epidural wore off. I recovered very well. 10 days later, the stitches are off and I had my massage wraps done at 2 weeks
happy.gif

Bbroodster
Haha, yes , my confinement is supposed to end next Tues but I have engaged another CL to do another month for me. I am glad you have a gd CL, so that you are well rested. Hmmn.. as for yr query on dilated cervix, I will ask my gynae when I see her next week ok?

Stups and BB Tamago
Welcome to this thread. I had also only joined this thread like a month or so before I gave birth. I was diagnosed with IC when I was 17 weeks pregnant and had already dilated ( funnelling) when the cerclage was done. It is my first baby and I was on bed rest ; lying down most of the time except seating to eat, going bathroom etc till I was 28 weeks. Then I was more relaxed and went out sometimes for 2-3 hrs, then I will rush home and lie down immediately again. I gave birth at exactly 36 weeks. Good Luck!!

Hi Ladies,

I'm 28wk+1d today, and just went for my checkup.
Baby's weight is 922g (lower than average of 1kg), and cervix length is 2.3cm (seems to be slightly shorter than normal also). But gynae says that the figures are still acceptable. Sigh... hope baby can put on more weight fast in case of early delivery.

bbrooster n Sylvia,
I have checked with my gynae about the 'pulling' feeling on the cervix, and she said that it's due to baby exerting pressure on the cervix, thus it's normal but I will have to rest more to ease the weight. The 'pulling' feeling is like what sylvia has described.

bbrooster,
I'm not sure about your question on dilated cervix, but I have found something about pelvic floor after birth from baby centre, which I hope may be useful to you.

Please see link: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/youafterthebirth/pelvicfloor/

Thanks for the link. Very helpful.
happy.gif

Regarding baby's weight you try to eat more and drink more milk. I drank 3 tins of Anmum on top of fresh milk. Seems like Anmum can help bb to put on weight but the mother also put on. And try to sleep on your left so baby get all the nutrients, blood and oxygen.

I think you have to rest and lie down more. Same goes to my case (heavy feeling below).

Did you get the your 2nd CL from agency too or did the first one recommend her friend? So how was your CL overall? Mine so far so good. Today is my 3rd week and she will be leaving after bb full month which is next Sunday.

bboodster

I am getting my 2nd CL from a reccommendation from a friend. Present CL was good in beginning then level of performance dropped tremendously and also did not get along with my domestic helper. Will see how the new CL is ( she is arriving in half an hr) and will be able to make a better comparison then.

How is yr little baby so far? Everything ok? I feel like my life at the first few weeks revolved only ard breast feeding and pumping out the milk. It is better now that I have introduced the bottle to him. I can run out for like 3 hrs ( during this time if he gets hungry he gets fed breast milk via bottle). I even went for hair cut and color a day b4 first month.hehehe..

I went for my gynae check up yesterday and everything is ok. Will wait another 6 mths before trying for bb no 2. But this time, will have preventive cerclage put in.

hello ladies, my sis is also looking for a confinement lady but her edd is 22 Jul. Wonder if it is too early to engage one? We are scared hard to find one available that time.

Bam2, since you are going for a second confinement, do you think you can pass me the contact of this present CL?

If anyone has anybody good to recommend, pls do! will appreciate very much.

It's not early to engage one now in fact it's very late. My CL is already booked till Sep this year. I can recommend my CL but she has a job from 18 jun to 15 jul. PM me your contact if are interested. I'll speak to you over the phone.

I extend my CL for another one week. My life now is eat, sleep and pump. Pumping at 3 hrs interval 7 times a day. My nipples are so sore.

For me I pump out and bottle feed cos whenever I latch he is never satisfied and I am so tired carrying and latching him.

Good that you found sometime to go out and relax and groom yourself. I also want to go for facial next week since got CL to look after. I did my hair just before I went to deliver.

wow....you going to try again 6mths later. It's not easy coping with 2 with a close age gap.

Bbrodster

How are you? Hope all is well with you.

Good thing that you pumped and bottle fed yr bb. I was having a lot of problems lately getting mine on the bottle and there would be a crying fit each time the bottle or even pacifier came near his mouth. But all is well now. The present CL is terrific! The best I have had so far. The 2nd CL that was reccomended by a friend turned out to be a nightmare. Had her for wk, then I called our agent (Amy) for help and she hooked me up with the present one. I might even consider having her with me for another month
happy.gif

Yeah, due to my age, I would rather ttc soon just in case that it might take a while to concieve.

Sylvia
The 1st CL that I had is fully booked till Nov and the present one who is fantastic is booked in Aug and Sept. I had them thro an agent.It is def not too early to look for one now.

My CL still around till Sunday. I extend her for another week. So far so good with CL around but cannot imagine when she's gone. I must start to hands-on how to bathe a baby. Almost forgotten the steps already.

So how is your new CL? Are you still eating confinement food and bathing in herbs water? As for me I am still eating confinement food and drinking black chicken or lamb soup nightly. And I have put on weight.

Your sis edd is quite close to my CL last day of work 15 Jul. It also depends they give birth earlier or later. She say if she cannot make it she will ask her friend to take over and she will continue from there. If you are not comfortable with that arrangement it's alright.

bbroodster

That's great that yr CL is still around. I know what you mean when you say that you cant imagine when she's gone espsince she is so gd with bb. Mine will be with me till end of June.

I didnt really get to eat confinement food even during my first month as my bb was very sensitive to what I ate.. from tomato to chocolate and even ANMUM milk , gave him an upset tummy thro breast milk. So I only have very very light herbal soup like black chicken with pao sum or cordyceps. I only bathed the herbal bath for like 2 and a half weeks after my 6 night stay at MT E ( bb had jaundice so I stayed at Mt E with him)

As for weight, I have lost 14 kg and have another 15 kg more to go if I were to be pre pregnancy weight.. Sigh.. I had put on almost 30 kg
happy.gif
The 1st 12 kg was easy to lose but now it seems to be getting slower. And I have not been exercising at all. Maybe I should do that..

Hi Ladies,

I'm 30wks + 5 days today.

Sorry for my disappearance. I was busy making preparation for BB's arrival, looking for a suitable domestic helper, confinement lady etc. Didn't dare to prepare anything prior to 28 wks.

I spoke to a few CL that was thru friend's recommendation, who actually think that it will be better for me to get somebody from confinement agency due to the unpredictable delivery date, so I listen to their advise and pass my problem to the agent to settle it for me. Hahaha.

I still haven't gone shopping for BB's things, think it may be better to do so after 32 weeks. Still trying to hibernate as much as possible now, although not as worried as pre-28wks period.

Btw, anybody did / intend to do cordblood banking? Any idea cordlife or stemcord is better?

I'm also thinking of processing my placenta for consumption, anybody tried it?

bbrooster n bam2
Did you ladies do any post-natal massage during your confinement? I heard it is helpful to 'push' the uterus back in place, something that is useful for ppl like us.

I am in trouble.
sad.gif
How did you lose 14kg within a month? I really want to cry. My tummy is really big and hard like as though I have another one inside. I have done 2 sets of 7 sessions massage but no improvement on weight. I put on 18kg and only lost 5kg. How???? I want to go slimming centres but no time and I am afraid it will become stubborn fats. It must be due to the eating and lying down for 7mths.

I am really happy for you. Just 7 more weeks and baby will be term. Forgot you expecting boy or girl?

I bank my children's cordblood with Cordlife. Price wise I think it is the same except Cordlife is the only one got accredited. I can be your referral if you need and both of us will get $50 off storage fees on your 2nd year.

For placenta I've not tried it.

<font color="0000ff">Post natal massage</font>
I use 2 different masseur. Yes they help push your uterus back in place and help expel all the wind and water retention in your body. I think it is very good to get one.

Bbroodster

I had put on 30 kg during pregnancy and was almost same weight as hubby. I guess I ate lesser rice after I had given birth but cant go on diet due to breast feeding ( Actually cant go on diet as I love food too much
happy.gif
) I had the massage lady come in on the 2nd week after giving birth and had 10 sessions consecutively. The tummy area was still very protruding and hard when she left ( like what you mentioned, like there is another baby inside.. hahaha) I am afraid too that the fats will become stubborn if left alone for too long. Thus, will def start the gym soon. I think alot of it is due to the lying down for so long during pregnancy with restricted movements and I have to say age as well. I still have ard 15 kg to go if I want to go back to pre pregnancy weight.. Which seems so impossible right now.

BB Tamago
Congrats!! The "scary" period is over for you!! I can still remember when I passed the 28th week. Or more so when bb was 2.5 kg. At least than you know that each day that passes with bb in you is a bonus
happy.gif

As for cord blood banking, I have opted with Cord Life as well as they are internationally recognised which is impt for me as I may not live in Singapore in the long run.

As for placenta , I have not tried it either.

I think its a great idea to have the post natal massage at home, as I can remember how I looked forward to that hour and a half each day where I can get massage and sleep. The massage lady didnt really get to use too much pressure on my tummy as I had a c-sect. So I dont think she "pushed" my uterus back

I went shopping for bb's things much earlier as I was afraid that I would be less mobile in the later weeks as I was so heavy. And I am glad I did. My bb was born a month premature.

Do let us know yr progress

Hi BBTamago, me 32w+3d. Same here, started to look for bb stuff only a week ago. And like what bam2 mentioned, stamina declining and feeling too heavy to shop for too long.
Yes, we are going to bank our bb cord blood but not decided whether to go private or government.
I also want to keep and process my placenta.. i finally found someone with the same intention. I heard we can inform the nurses our intent, then they will package for us. We can then bring it to Eu Yan Sang or Ma Guang to bake and grind, then encapsulate for us. I will do more research on the efficacy of eating our own placenta. Will also enquire at Eu Yan Sang.

After waiting so long, i am getting impatient too.. feel like cutting short the wait and schedule for cesaerean at week 38. Anyway, my bb head is still up.

Ladies, may i know if anyone's bb still head up after week 32? There is nothing we can do about it right?

hi bbrooster/bam2,

Sorry to interupt this thread but seems like your CL are quite good so can i have their contacts as i'm helping a fren who is due in Nov.

you can pm .

thanks in advance!
happy.gif

Hi Ladies,

I'm feeling so tired recently. Feels like sleeping most of the time, otherwise, just 'nua' around the house. Just can't seems to find the strength to do anything. Sigh....

Last Sat, went to do some shopping, but really at a lost as to how to choose nursing bra. Any advice where to get good bras with reasonable prices?

BBrooster n Bam2,
Seems like cordlife is more popular with cordblood bankers, maybe I will consider banking with them too. BBrooster, I already have a referral to Cordlife, thank you for your offer though.

Oh, btw my BB is a boy.

Sylvia,
Do you know how much Eu Yan Sang or Ma Guang charge for processing the placenta? I found this website that processes placenta also. Maybe you can check it out also. http://www.freewebs.com/mommycozyhaven/index.htm

I'm also feeling heavier, BB seems to be applying more pressure on me, I had to keep holding on to my tummy when I walk around the house these two days. Getting me a little worried. Praying hard that everything is fine, especially when my gynae is on leave this week. Will only get to see her this Sat.

Isn't better to have BB's head still up at 32wks, at least the chances of BB coming out early is minimised? My BB's head is down since 24wks, which is y I'm very worried about early delivery.

Hi BBtamago,
i checked w Eu Yan Sang, they do not provide such a service. I will go find out abt ma guang.
Think bb's head down does not hasten labour. My bb head was down at 26week, after that went up again till now. Generally bbs' heads are down starting from 28 wk. And by week 34 the position shld more or less be fixed cos no more space for them to change position.

Actually by now, we can relax and enjoy our pregnancy already la..we have worried enough. So long as we stay indoor more often, and rest more than activity, we shld be able to pass at least the 35 week mark. A lot of bbs born after that are as good as full term.

hi bbrooster,

thanks i've got ur CL contact!
BTW, jus wana find out how u find her overall?? is she good &amp; pro BF?

Hi bam2,
can i hve your CL contact as well?

thanks!
happy.gif

Sylvia, BB Tamago. It's great news to hear that all of you are doing well and moving closer and closer to term.
happy.gif

I didn't get expensive nursing bra. I bought mine from JL at $9.90 each. Get their cotton disposable underwear it's more comfy.

li(piggi)
Unfortunately, present CL will not accept work unless thro reccomendations or agent

BB Tamago

Marks &amp; Spencer nursing bras are great. They come in a set of black and white for $99.90 and are also reccommended by lactation consultants from Mt E. It is advisable to buy non wired bras as wired bras may cause blocked ducts

Hi mommies,
I have just delivered my ger in the early morning of 27 may. She weights 2.1kg and is a 34 weekers. Guess my bad cough and flu have caused my cervix to dilated earlier.

<font color="ff0000">Congratulations chloegal!</font> Wow great another mummy graduated. I hope baby and you are doing well. Take care and rest well.

Slyvia and BB Tamago you will be next.

<font color="0000ff">li</font>
My CL prefer me to pump out and she feeds baby. But at night she use FM cos my supply is not enough for baby and I also prefer because it last longer through the night.

Overall, I find her very good because my expectation was someone who can cook good confinement food and tonic. And she fits the bill. I ate many sets of pig's kidney, pig stomach pepper soup, pig's trotters, soup 3x/day, chicken with black fungus, mutton soup, black chicken soup as supper and etc....

Congrats Chloegal! 3 children by your side now. So nice.

I am now 34wk. Feeling the aches all over now and wondering how long more i can hold. My thighs especially. The groin area always get nerves shooting pain. The pain will come very sudden and i gotta stop breathing for a second.

But very excited already. BB Tamago, u finished shopping for bb stuffs? Me almost done. All gotten from Kiddy Palace. They having Big Sale!

Thanks bbrooster and sylvia.
Indeed very busy with my 3 children. The pain might be the bb pressing on you. Just hang on and soon will be your turn to hold your bb.

I delivered my bb throught natural without epiudal and the labour time is only 1/2hrs. My gynae expected it to be a fast one as my second child took only 1 hour.

I suspected my bad cough might be one of the causes that causes my cerclage to gave way. And also having to chase my kids all the times might be one of the factor too. It is very important to have proper rest during the last trimester.

Congratulations Chloegal, on the arrival of your little princess!

I went for my 32 weeks checkup last Sat. Gynae says everything is fine, except that BB is still smaller than average, only 1.4kg. I have also used bbrooster's advice to drink more Anmum, but seems like BB has also caught on the current social influence of being weight conscious. Now I have to nag at him everyday to ask him to put on more weight. Hahaha...

BBrooster n Bam2,
Thanks for the advice on nursing bras, think I will go to the shops to check it out. Maybe will get a mixture of good ones and cheap ones, to save $$. Worried that breast becomes even more saggy after breastfeeding, cos already seen some forces of gravity working already. Sigh...

Sylvia,
Hang in there, you only have another 4 weeks to full term!!!

My BB stuffs are still in bits and pieces, but is lucky to have some hand-me-down clothings, stroller and car seat etc. Haven't got the misc items like bucket for BB's laundry, clothes hanger, thermometer etc... Not sure what is the complete list also. Think my hubby will have to do lots of last minute shopping after BB is born, if I dun get the things ready in time.

Btw, should I buy a pack of disposable diapers now or wait for BB to try out the samples b4 buying in bulk?

I hope your baby will put on extra weight soon. Eat well and sleep on your left side. Which hospital are you delivering?

I bought a pack of Drypers to standby. I bought Drypers it's cheap because they poo alot during the first month. And you really use up alot of diapers in a day. Very sayang to use expensive brand like mammy poko or pampers. After full mth you can choose to buy better quality diapers. Also when people visit you some will buy you diapers and mostly brand like mammy poko and pampers. So don't stock up too many they outgrow very fast.

BB tamago,maybe your bb prefer to put on more weight during the final few weeks. Anmum has been my staple since i discovered preg. 1-2 glasses a day. People say fattening, but i find it just alright. To date, at 34w3d i put on 10kg, and bb weighs 2.15kg. My gynae says mine wun be a big baby. So i guess, to help your bb gain weight, u gotta make it at least 2glasses, 6 teaspoons instead of the recommended 5. Then on top of that, durians are potent too! Alot of pple during the final lap took durian and bb grew dramatically. But of cse if u are weight conscious then just make sure eat more protein and good carbo.

I also bought drypers but my friend says really not absorbent. Her baby's watery poo actually leaked and soiled his back.

Btw, my gynae told me she will not remove my cerclage until there is sign of labour. Again, rather different from the conventional practise which is to schedule a day for it. My bb head still up so i shld be having c-sect.

bbrooster,
I will be going to either gleneagles or Mt A for delivery, depending on my delivery date. Actually, I prefer to go Mt A as it's nearer to my house and the cost seems lower, but my gynae prefers that I go to gleneagles if BB decides to come out early.

Sylvia,
My gynae says that she will remove my cerclage for me on 37 wk. If BB's growth is still not very favourable within these next few weeks, she suggest to induce birth after removing cerclage as 'outside' environment maybe better for BB.

oh yes, durian season has just started. I will start durian feasting again, since it's good for BB.
happy.gif

Hi Ladies,

I have given birth to my boy on 20 June. He is also a 34 weeker and weighs 1.97kg. Currently, he is still under observation in NICU, but is lucky that his overall health is ok.

Sylvia, waiting for your good news next.
happy.gif

Hello BBTamago! I am happy for you, finally see your bundle of joy. You graduated as well. Mine will be c-sect next week at 38wks. My BB also not heavy, at 37wk only 2.71kg. Your bb is a 2kger, so that is desirable enough. What labour symptoms did u experience? Contractions or water bag burst?

Back