Any give birth Mummy that live in yishun ??

chacha, i hope everything's fine for ur family...yah, me starting my AL on 24 oct... not yet due la...think earliest maybe mid nov...

shan, u give to ur other frens lor or post on WTS...

hello all....

chacha - whatever happened in your family sounds serious. hope everything can get sorted out soon....

Sporty,
oct 24 coming soon! U already started counting dwn?? Hehe.

Shan,
haha. Got influenced by D1. He is v into cars nw =p

chacha,
hope everything is fine at hm for u nw.
Yes, who knows I may just decide to b sahm for many mire yrs to come. I cant b sure nw, only time will tell =)

bliss_ling,
for common illness like flu n cough I go to the dr Ooi clinic at 417. Hb dun like dr foo coz she nt friendly enuff but dr ooi too conservative.

bliss ling, i will normally bring my kids to Ooi bb clinic at 417 as its near my hse...

val, ok la...still doing the handover stuffs... n preparing for my exam...

chacha, hope everything's fine with u!

Sporty,
hope u will finish ur handover soon. This time rd ur colleague / boss taking over frm u??

All the best for ur exams, am sure u can make it =)

btw, wanna ask do lit A have any Mickey/Thomas/disneycars costume I can loan for use this fri if nt in use??

Thanks Val and Sporty.. I been to Ooi clinic and also dun like Dr foo.. find that she is unfriendly too.

Normally I will go to Thomson Paediatric Centre but it is troublesome for me to travel there so am looking for a clinic nearby my place

any kids is in LSH @ OCC now? How is the school? I called and the lady told me that the teachers dont give up homework for the kids to practise. However, i know that some centres do give up worksheet.

I am confuse cos i thought it is good to have those worksheets.

hi ladies...

shan - mine is exactly like the one you show in the thread. it should be authentic.

bliss_ling - my girl is in LSH. she is attending the Explorers class. how old is your kid?

@ jntt, hihi, my girl is 15 mths + and she will go to LSH in Jan 2012. initially we opt for her to join Dec 2011 but then she will be together with Yr 2010 kids and heard from her current IFC teacher that she can stays out in IFC due she reaches 19 mths.

Been to LSH at KPTH for a tour and to me, the teachers there seems very young leh.. maybe abt 23 - 24 yrs old.. Not much experience.

Thought of Just Kids @ Yishun but not sure whether is it good cos Just kids @ Bukit Batok is good.

I also think of Eager Beaver.. It seems good.

Well, what attract me is the play gym at OCC but then now think back, i would prefer the better curriculm good than playtime.

bliss_ling: pardon my bluntness, but your girl is just 15mths, what kind of worksheet would u expect her to complete? for me, the main objective for my girl who is 33 months in a couple of days time is to enjoy herself for this year entirely. i am not concern if she really picks up anything academically or not. Importantly for me now is she learns to interact with other children and u be suprised that indeed she learns alot in school.

hi jntt, actually I think far ahead cos i am thinking by the time when she is in K1 and K2, if there is no worksheet for her to practice, is it ok?

I also think that it may not be good to keep changing school for the kid unless otherwise.

true....Kids nowadays learn thru creative thiinking..

awww.... perhaps I have been bought up by having so much worksheets when i was young... so now having this kind of mental state that it will be good if the school can provide some worksheet for kiddo to do...lol

hello gals

val, this time i am handling all my work over to new colleague cuz i will be taking a new job/portfolio next yr... exams i have yet to prepare la...so this weekend better cram abit! sorry i dun have those costumes tha u mentioned leh...so cant loan u

shan, u shd ask jntt whether tha is authentic...i am still thinking whether i wanna buy...

bliss ling, i still go Ooi clinic becuz its walking distance from my hse n dun wanna travel too far to see the doc lor... my no 1 is at LSH... so far no homework yet, maybe becuz my boy is still in N2, but sometimes there's preparation for show & tell and projects also... ur gal going for full day cc or 3 hr program? i think by k1/k2, they will have home work and worksheet la... n1/n2, its more like defining their motor and social skills lor

Shan,
I gt my happycall orchre deeper from gmkt directly. It's cheaper. Only cost $65.xx
I ordered from seller bestgmall. U can try 99mile, also quite popular.

Bliss_ling,
This is why I go to the Ooi clinic as it's nearer. Unless more serious or aft seeing once still dun recover I will head to Kk the children suite.
Hmm...urs 15mths n u are expecting hmwk??
Btw, my boy in Lsh @ ktph. His teacher is undertaking master program.  She is quite gd at handling kids, so is the Chinese teacher. =)
If u wan "better curiculum", think it's better for u to put her in a church kind of sch rather than cc. Over there it's more academic. 

Sporty,
Climbing up the ladder again ah? Hehe. So will u be staying put in this co or u may wanna jump??
Jiayou for ur exam but pls dun tired urself out ya =)
No prob babe, in the end I also brought him to buy. Lol.

Thanks Sporty... my gal is going to a full day program = )

Val,lol. nope.. didnt expect them to have homework at this age but perhaps when they are in K1 and K2..

Yishun dont have church sch right... those good church schools are far away too.. nvm shall let them enjoy childhood instead of stressing them nw..lol

good morning ladies....

val - you got happycall too! heehee... what have u cooked with it to date? share your receipes... i bought mine from 99mile.

bliss_ling - i am trying to convert my girl to full day program in 2012 too. if u want church sch, the one in sembawang, along the same road as sembawang sc is not bad. cannot remember the name though... yes, your child is still young, don give them so much stress for now! let them enjoy their childhood at least for the first few years.

i am on leave tomorrow... thought O school will be closed. not sure if i should bring her to USS or to the Zoo tomorrow.... or any other suggestions?

hello gals..
phew... feelg unwell recently..

Church kindy..
Bliss, can try Eldewiss (Behind SSC), i wanna enrol my boy there for half day but logistic was an issue, hence din go ahead.

sporty, u really so good at multitasking! saluate!

Val, so everything went on well for the celebration?
happy.gif

Jntt, ya saw your trial..looked yummy.. n so happened my mum mentioned the pot w/o oil etc.. then i recall seeingthis from your pic..then i showed her the pic..she said yesyes.. hahahaa

bliss_ling - thanks! maybe i will consider Amazonia! since it's indoor and not hot! haha...

shan - opps, what happened? #3? heehee... take care ah.... yes, the pot seems like a good investment. will try out more receipes over the weekends....

val, will review how is the package next yr when i am back before i decide to stay or go... yah, been very bz these few days and haven touched on anything for my exam...

bliss ling, ohh isit? then our gals might be classmates...which yr is ur gal born in ? 2009?

jntt, going USS without the sentosa stay? heheh... actually if u are bringing O, bring her to zoo la, bring her to USS, alot of rides she cant take

shan, i am a juggler...i like to juggle many things at a time!! ohhh are u ok? not feeling well eh

@ jntt, yes.. but nosaday raining so am afraid half way outing rain....

@ Shan, Thanks Shan...Take care k ... now whether siao siao.. sometime so hot then suddenly rain and thunder also..

@ Sporty, my girl was born in June 2010. She can attend either Dec 2010 or start class in Jan 2011. U goin to enroll your girl there too? how old is your girl?

bliss ling, my gal was born in nov 2009, so next yr she shd be in n1 class... already enrolled her since feb this yr

bliss ling, ya maybe diff class ba...not sure also...

fern, the school bus fee starts from 90 bucks i think and it depends on ur hse distance from occ...

Jntt.. Haha I nt gg to court troubles.. Def nt #3 but bad weather. Haha
Thx gals!

Sporty, u r so cool wor!
Peifu!

Val.. Having fun everyday w ya kiddos eh so good

Jntt good bonding recently eh.. Alot of play trips.. Your hubby new job more settled down?

Hello fern..
Welcome

Bliss .. Gd luck w the skool searching .. Go to the centers & observe .. See which u like best..

Recently hubby been toying w the idea of moving hse.. Nt so soon though but can't bear the conveniences leh. I like my pl..

sporty, why not we meet up @ OCC in jan? lol... My daughter is going to attend school on 9 Jan 2012 = )

I believe that she will miss her current infant care frens.

@ Shan, hhumm.. too late liao cos I KS went to deposit the monies at LSH OCC.

Which place u stayed in Yishun? Perhaps we are staying nearby.. i living at blk 653. Near Yishun safra and KTPH

Bliss u r near Val lo.. I'm near to khatib Mrt.

Work really sucks recently.. Sigh..
Sorry full of complaints when I'm in recently haha..
Wanna yell my head off.. New bosses cannot Mk it.. Be patient & pray for better..

I ordered the happycall pot. Wonder I'll cook or nt haha

shan, oh.. Khatib mrt, there is a facial shop just a corner after mcdonald... name something like beauty....think it quite good

how we wish that we dont need to work leh..lol..

Hi all mummy,

I will like to listen to your view.

Situation on a Sat afternoon, while buying food for my three young children in food court. Finally find a place to sit down and settle my children, follow by buying food for them. While ordering, aunty x give me a soup, so i carry it to my sit next to the stall, never knew that the soup is so hot, shake and drip on to the floor, spilt to someone and i do not know who.

So, i asked, if my soup spilt on you, i am sorry, in return, you hear a " F ... you" a man look at you so fierce. Hi, I said sorry, it just an accident. Then, you "hear F... you again", "what if this soup pour on you"

Mind your language, you are..., then i already said sorry. The man walk advancing you and your children, "F... you".

what will you do?

happyface, was there anyone helping u at that point of time? sometime it was not done on purpose what... hiazzz...

For me, I would raise my voice to tell him I'm sorry and if he still dun accept the apology, i will bring my kids out from the food court..

Alternative, alert for help to look for secrutiy guards.

can imagine how horrified your young kids when they saw that fierce man

Hi All,
I will be moving to Yishun next year.
I have manage to find the list of nearest childcare. Since I am not familiar.
Can anyone advise and comment the school stated as following:-
PCS YISHUN CHILD CARE CENTRE (Blk 411)
MY CHILDCARE CENTRE (Blk 366)
WORLD KIDS MANAGEMENT PTE LTD (388)
NURTURESTARS ( SAFRA Yishun Country Club)

Many thanks in advance.
Christina

Hi Yishun mummies, I live near Khatib station and I'm going to send my girl to a playgroup within Yishun area when she turns 18mths next yr. Any mummies currently send their child to any playgroup in Yishun? Which sch and will you recommend it?

Hi mummies,

Nice to meet you here!
I am staying in Yishun st 21 and new to this thread.

i just enrolled my boy to eager beaver @ blk 925 in beg of dec'11. the center is previuously moved from yishun safra. my son seems quite OK & happy with this center. so far i feel that teachers & enviroment are OK too. you may try to visit the center to get more information.

Enrolled my child to OCC LSH. Disappointed with the toddler teacher. didnt clean the poo even thou the teacher used glove and had my child who is only 18 months sat on adult toilet bowl, using spray to clean her backside. Told the teacher abt the poo thing. Seldom change diapers. One day, only change 2 diapers.

Teachers mainly speak mandrain other than in class during English lesson. there are about 300 kids all in all from all programmes.

The teacher cant managed my ger crying and sepeartion anxiety. haizzz..

So no choice have to withdraw her out from LSH.

Despite all this, I find that Vice Principal, Ms Shen is a patience and kind lady. Zhou lou shi is good too but sometimes she will not be in toddler class and will have to replace other teachers who are not in. Another auntie who helps to bath the kids are good too.

sorry if i have offended any mummies who send their kids to LSH @ OCC

For LSH @ KTPH, my fren's child is very happy there thus i guess it the teachers that make the difference.

Cheers

fern, I send her to Eager Beaver at blk 925 , yishun central. Eager beaver used to be at Yishun Safra.

For IFC, she is now 19 months hence cant joined and have to join the toddler class which is Sparkletot. Initially thought LSH @ OCC is premium and i like the cover carpark and the litle Ozone so enrolled her for LSH @ OCC.

Even if i want to go back to Sparkletot, there is no vacancy too.

Hi all mummies,

so exicited to find a Yishun mummy thread.
i stay near Khatib Mrt.

anyone comment on the PCF SPARKLETOTS NEE SOON SOUTH (BLK 852) and Eager Beaver at blk925?

PCF SPARKLETOTS (blk852) is nearer to my house, however do not know whether it is good since it is new. anyone can comment?

I heard that Eager Beaver is quite good, However my concern is that too many kids and air-con environment in Eager Beaver. Is air-con environment bad for small kids?

and i need serious help!
bb not sleeping thru night...
K O ard 7-8pm then i dreamfeed at 11pm, then he will make noise for another feed ard 3-6am.

most times even after the early am feed, he still stirs untill 7am till fully awake.

can expert yishun mummies whom have survived this time advise me please. sob sob, day time go work, home still night shift.... cry!

hi,
does anyone have any review on Little Greenhouse at Yishun beside the Yishun South CC? I am sending my child there in May. thought of getting some feedback to get myself prepared.
wanted to enroll for Little Campus but they only have opening for 3yrs old and above.

Back