Aggressive behaviours after stroke

tokyogal

Posting this for a friend. She feels helpless and we don’t know how to help.

My husband had suffered from major depressive disorder since 2011 after he got embroiled in lawsuits with his business clients over contractual issues. He became verbally abusive and unstable towards me. I endured much abuse, while taking steps to solve the problems, one at a time. My hope was he could recover, one day. We have one 6-yo child.

In May this year, he suffered a major stroke due to veinous thrombosis in brain. His motor and functional abilities are unaffected, but his right temporal lope was damaged badly as a result of the stroke. The effect was impaired short term memory and ability to process information on the spot. He recovers gradually and become more affectionate and patient. But the good behavioural changes don’t last. In moments when he get entwined in his own warped thinking, he cannot free himself out. The doc believes this is an impact of the stroke.

When he goes into such emotive outbursts, he blackmails me in a really bad manner like threatening to send harmful emails to my company. I start to live every day in fear due to his lunatic behaviours.

I will be asking the doc for medical options for him. But he is stubborn and has resisted neuro-psychiatric treatments.

Does anyone have any helpful advice to deal with such situations?

Thanks

Read up abt lasting power of attorney and advanced medical directive.
Plan to Ring fence financial assets.
Get familar with insurance coverage and exclusions.

Posting this for a friend. She feels helpless and we don’t know how to help.

My husband had suffered from major depressive disorder since 2011 after he got embroiled in lawsuits with his business clients over contractual issues. He became verbally abusive and unstable towards me. I endured much abuse, while taking steps to solve the problems, one at a time. My hope was he could recover, one day. We have one 6-yo child.

In May this year, he suffered a major stroke due to veinous thrombosis in brain. His motor and functional abilities are unaffected, but his right temporal lope was damaged badly as a result of the stroke. The effect was impaired short term memory and ability to process information on the spot. He recovers gradually and become more affectionate and patient. But the good behavioural changes don’t last. In moments when he get entwined in his own warped thinking, he cannot free himself out. The doc believes this is an impact of the stroke.

When he goes into such emotive outbursts, he blackmails me in a really bad manner like threatening to send harmful emails to my company. I start to live every day in fear due to his lunatic behaviours.

I will be asking the doc for medical options for him. But he is stubborn and has resisted neuro-psychiatric treatments.

Does anyone have any helpful advice to deal with such situations?

Thanks
What kind of harmful email he can send to your company.

I think he need a channel to release his frustration. So try to divert his anger somewhere else

Back