After delivery.

Yilingt

Hi mummies that delivered via natural birth, can i know how you all wash the vagina area with stitches? like is there any bottle spray to keep vagina clean and prevent infection?

Hi mummies that delivered via natural birth, can i know how you all wash the vagina area with stitches? like is there any bottle spray to keep vagina clean and prevent infection?
I only wash with normal water and pat it dry. I also change my maternity pads regularly, even if it is not fully soaked. I know of colleagues who use dettol to wash. Bt i checked with my gynae its not necessary hence i did not.

Hi Yilingt,
I remember my gynae gave me green color bottle antiseptic solution to clean the stitches for 1 week. After one week can throw away. And the stitches will dissolve by itself.

washing with cooling tap water will do. Never use warm water as it expand our capillaries and make wound difficult to heal. May like to use condom fill up with water and freeze it in freezer. After washing up, use this ice stick wrap around a wet towel and hold it to your wound. It really numb the pain and helps stitches to recover much faster.

Chinese believe to use boiled water to wash , dont use tap water during confinement. Put the solution into boiled water & wash everytime u go pee , dap dry the wound , dont wipe, by 3 days u should feel no pain and can touch the wound with your hands

Doc gave an antiseptic spray upon discharge to be applied 3x a day. Important to keep the wound area dry & regularly change pads to avoid infection.

Hi, can try use salt water (lukewarm) to soak the wound. I sat on the water for 10 mins. It will make the wound dry and heal faster. Went to follow up with gynae, she said the wound heal nicely. So it works. This was taught by post natal massage lady.

Back