Advise: How to renew Maid Passport, Work Permit and Home Leave application without agent?

Hi mummies,
Appreciate your advice urgently on how I can settle my case. Do I really need my agent to do all these which seem so complicating? Their charges are so high n they are not sure of the KTKLN card processing themselves.
sad.gif

My Indonesia helper of coming 2 yrs decided that she will go on home leave this Dec and extend her 3rd and 4th yr wz me. Her WP expires in mid Dec 2011 while PP expires in Nov 2012. Just found out that she does not hv any KTKLN card.

1. Do I need to renew her pp this yr?
Means I hv to buy 2 yr insurance, renew the WP 2 yrs, renew PP 5 yrs, then apply n collect KTKLN card (which may need her contract agreement that I can get from the Indo embassy during pp renewal). Then she can be on time to go for her home leave in early Dec? However there is the risk that she doesn't return after ALL the paper work done.

2. I called up NTUC Income to check on their insurance with Wp package but I was quite puzzled. Was told me that her WP could only be extended till Jan 2013?? And they suggested that I buy 1 yr insurance and renew 1 yr WP with them this yr. Next year then renew PP 5 yrs then do the renewal WP 1yr wz another 1 yr insurance again. Why?

3. Have anyone arrange for KTKLN card to be collected from Batam before? Can it be done on Saturdays?

4. Do I need to show the Contract or Work Agreement which hv to be endorsed by the Indonesian emabassy for KTKLN processing? Means I need to go to the embassy regardless if I am renewing her pp this yr? Or can I get maid agency to craft this but to pay them for this official doc?

Appreciate ur inputs... TIA

I am sending my Phillipino maid home at the end of January for two weeks. Her passport was expiring at the end of June next year, so we had to apply to get her passport renewed and spent over $300 as we did not have the Authenticated contract and only the agency could apply for this. As I have already spent over $300, I don't want to spend that again to apply for exit pass. Do we get the authenticated contract back from Embassy/Agency after that have processed the passport application? What is the OWWA valid membership we need for exit pass? And what is the PAG -IBIG fund membership? Assuming I have all this documentation we can apply directly for the exit pass ourselves? Where can I get the exit pass application form? Is there somewhere online?
Thanks Leigh

I just called the embassy. We need to go down to the embassy in sg to make employment contract for free for the KTKLN card. We need the Maid ID, year and month that she first come to Singapore, and IPA and our IC and their passport number.

dear all,

ANy one has expereinces doing passport renewal for Philippines helper? I need to do that for her and wonder if it is possible at all to do by myself. I think the challenge is to provide a valid employment contract endorsed by the embassy. I read from the net that this has to be done by agent if helper work less than 2 yrs. Mine is with me for 20 months.

please share. thanks.

if its ur helper's first time in sg, the passport has to be renewed via agent.
i renewed my pinoy helper's passport via an agent for 300+.

Hi, need some advise. If my maid wants to go back for home leave, are we to pay them for the days she is home? How many days of paid leave to give? Also, are we to pay for their papers at Philippines embassy including the $7000 bond?

ming- yes her home leave is entitled to payment. however u can write to MOM for waiver of the levy which they will pro-rate accordingly.

Hi Jun,

I'm planning to renew my Indon helper's PP, WP...

What's this KTKLN card?

I only have her PP and WP from the agent.
No Maid ID?

Basically, what do we need to do for her homeleave.. very confusing.

My friend's helper was stucked in Indon and unable to return to SIN to work...

Pls adv...

Thanks!!!

ktkln card is for the undo embassy to track where the maid will be in sg. Without that, they cannot leave info.

To make that, u need to do the employment contract at indonesia embassy before they can process the ktkln application in Indonesia..

What happen to ur friend maid? Why got stuck?

Hi Jun,

The maid got stucked as she did not have the so called Ktkln card...

My friend paid a bomb then managed to let her come back...

Hi Jan

Oh dear... Ktkln issue, all you have to do is to go to the Indonesia embassy. Inform them that your maid is in info n need to make ktkln in undo. In order to do that, u will need employee contract from the embassy. The embassy will then conference u n ur maid together.. Once done, Fax or email or post the employment contract to ur maid.. Ur maid will then go to their mom n make ktkln.. That all..

Hi Jun,

My maid intends to go home for a week for holiday... Worried she will has problem coming back too...

Indo embassy in Sin can't do this card for them?

Very troublesome to separately get the card in Indo right...

Read that card can be issued at airports...
wondering whether is the service available at Bandung airport...

Perhaps can ask Embassy when I renew her ppt...

Jan: you can the indonesia embassy..

Why are you making her ktkln card now since she is already in SG.. she should be having her ktkln card already.

I renew my maid passport, i will need to make another employment contract. Since your maid is now with you, it would be easier. i believe embassy do make ktkln card.

My maid came in July 2010... she only has her passport and work permit.

Btw, my maid's ppt only expires next yr June but WP ends 4Jul2012. Can renew her ppt this yr so I can get another 2 yrs for the new WP?

Thanks!

Yah. I think you should renew her passport before she get the new WP..

Renew passport cost about $35 for 5 years. It only take 3 working day to get their passport renew.

After submit application to get passport renew, go up to level 2 to go for interview for employment contract.

Hi,
My maid had gone back to indo for her home leave for a month. When she tried to make her ktkln card in Jakarta, she was being rejected as she does not have the agreement endorsed by the Indonesian embassy. I called up the indo embassy here, but they cannot do anything, only advising me to inform my maid to appeal. I had asked around and the info I got was that the maid will be fined at the airport abt $100-$200 without the ktkln before she will be allowed to leave Spore. Any other ways that I could advise my maid on the ktkln?

Hi all
My worse nightmare. I just realized I need home leave documents before I send my maid back. But we did not do it and my maid is now stuck in Phil!
Yes the agency will charge crazy about $800 to get her back. This is extortion!

Hi, need advise on renew indo maid's PP. Any idea how the employment contract done at indo embassy like? Any compulsory salary & off-day? Maid is not going back therefore no need to apply ktkln card, right?

need your help..

I want to extend my maid's c0ntract..supp0sed to be she will end of her contract by july 2012,i want her to extend for a fEw m0nths.. Is this possible? What i mean is what neEd to pRocCess financially?

HI

Can anyone advise if my philip maid is with me for less than 2 years then she going back in nov for vacation and thereafter coming bkac to SG.

May i know whats the procedure? Can i do it myself?

Hi I extend my x maid for afew months.I need to renew her work permit,insurance.Can go through ur agent or go on line to do it urself.Why want to extend her,waste time/money.If u still need a maid then get a new one.As for maid go on vacation,can also apply on line,they will advise u step by step.find out from ministry of manpower.

Hi,

My helper is going back to Philippines for a month.

She will be coming back to SG to work for me for 1 more year.

By right helper renewal would be 2 years right or is it 1 year?

Her passport and work permit is gg to expire next year.

I want to know what are the documents I need in order for her to return to sg and not get stuck in philippines.

Hope to receive some kind souls help.

Many Thanks

Hi
Its quite confusing abt this Kktln card. Does it apply to maid who is goin back to indo n then come back to work again?
I renewed my maid's passport on Sept 2011. Now this year in Sept 2012,her WP will expire and insurance will expire in Nov 2012. This Nov, it will be her 2nd year but she would like to work with me for another year. She is a direct maid,i only paid agent to do documentation to bring her in.
Now questions:- When I renewed her passport last sept, shld I infm WP n Insurance side? If yes, I did not, wht shld I do now?
So coming Sept her WP expires, shld I renew her insurance before renewing WP? Or wht shld I do 1st?
Pls advise, really appreciate. Thks.

hi ..

1.renew her wp online,its foc now.
2. call up/go to insurance agency to do the insurance.
3. if your maid, going back indon and will return to sg then your maid will have to do the KTLN card at indon.

make sure u have the contract agreement from indon embassy which u shld be given upon renewal of passport. i was interview when i renew the passport.

4. KTLN card can be done only in indon which need to produce
1. contract agreement
2. work permit
3. passport.

its stated in the brochure that making of KTLN its free but when my maid do, she was ask to pay abt $40- $50 for insurance.and its super long queue!

so, if your maid continuing w you and not going back, so no need to do. if go back n return to sg, must do ok?

Anybody kind soul to guide me step by step?

My maid work permit expiring this Sep and
passport march '13.

Do I renew her work permit online first then insurance or passport first? Can somebody guide me step by step?

TIA!

Thanks Mama Annie
So which means I renew her WP online 1st then renew her insurance? While applying for WP,do they need the insurance policy number?
And the card, even if my maid is a direct intake means i employed her straight frm her village, when she goes back home for a break, she still need to do the ktln card over there?
The contract agreement is the one we get when we renewed her passport? She must bring back to her village this doc for ktln card?

Shimmers,

if i remember correctly i did wp first.

As long the indon person works out of indon, he/she must have ktln.So,your maid still have to make the card as during check in at indon airport, they will ask for it.

yes, thats the agreement. your maid have a copy n employer have a copy. so, she bring her copy to indon.

photocopy of her passport and work permit is also needed.

Hi jolene,

if she not going back yet, u wld be receiving a letter from MOM abt renewal of wp.

renew passport first which employer wld be interview upon collection.

then online wp.
then insurance.

I just renew my maid's WP online 2 weeks ago.
Need to do buy insurance 1st, then the insurance company will send in the details to MOM, only after that can you do the renewal online. When you do renewal online, tick the boxes and pay $20, the system will give you a date to go pick up the new WP at Tanjong Pagar. Bring your maid's passport, old WP, the insurance policy, the renewal notice and your own IC. Go to unit 06 to check all documents and surrender old WP, then unit 05 to pick the new WP. The whole thing took me 30 minutes.

Just FYI.

Now onto apply home exit for my maid (Filipino), trying to find out how to do it myself, anyone care to share your experience? TIA

Hi,

Just renewed my indo helper's ppt and WP.

Her WP expires 5/7/2012 and ppt June 2013.

I applied a new ppt for her first (given 5 yrs ppt), then buy the insurance incl. the security bond from NTUC. Final, renewed WP online.

Once u purchase the insurance online, it will be transmitted to MOM. Then u can renew WP online cos MOM need yr insurance policy no. for the helper...

Hopes the above helps!

jolene, i dun know abt pinoy maid
sad.gif

anyone knows can share?

Jan_tan, now i recall, i did insurance first then wp hehe..

karen, last year in nov when i renew my maid wp online, i didnt pay.

my maid is from indon, pp ends in june 2012, wp ends on 1 jan 2012 so...

i renew pp on sep 2011.

nov 2011 i called up mom abt my maid wp as i have yet received any letter and maid going back on dec 2011 as her mum is sick. mom expedite for me and tell me do insurance.

went down to ntuc income to do, get the documents on the spot. tat same day i renew online foc. think 3 days later or within a wk, go wspc to collect wp.

Thanks all for the info! Really appreciate. So lets recap
1.renew insurance
2.apply WP

And Renewing WP shld be done 1 mth prior to expiry date??

Shimmers,
You can renew the insurance and WP as soon as you receive the letter from MOM. I got the letter about 2 months prior to WP expiry date.

Anyone knows how the $7000 performance bond to Pinoy embassy works? It's so annoying that we have (pay) to sign a stupid contract given by the Pinoy embassy plus take a $7000 bond so our maid can go home for holiday (home leave exit permit).

Dear all Mommies,
You can get a pro-rated maid levy rebate when your maid goes back on home leave. After she returns to Singapore, submit to CPF online, login as Employer using your Singpass ID & password. You need to upload a copy of the passport and I think boarding pass ticket stubs. Processing time may take about 2 months.

Thanks all for ur valuable info however need another help in this, maid wants to continue working but request to go back indo for a mth wef 29july till 24aug. So now, WP expires 29September, will there be any prob later? She can still come into singapore rite? WP i will renew nxt mth upon her return, is it alright tht way?
Mama Annie
U mentioned abt tht ktln card.. Now I need to knw more abt this since she's goin back for a while.. So she brings the letter tht we got when we renewed her passport. Upon entering indo, she needs to show the ktln card? She wont be having tht card when she goes back 29July frm Sngapore, She will only be making it once she goes back indo right? Where must she go to do this ktln card?

Hi Shimmers,
The WP renewal process is very simple and efficient here. Before renewing, make sure the passport is still valid for almost 2 years or more. Better 2.5 years. The insurance co. will transmit the info to MOM within 2 working days. Then you go online to renew WP and pay using credit card. Then by same day or next day, it should be renewed. Then you go to Tanjong Pagar Complex to collect the new WP card bringing the relevant docs and old WP.

Yes, she can go home and return before her WP expires. As long as she has her work permit with her, she can enter Singapore. Better to renew when she is back. You don't want to waste your time and money to do up everything to find she did not come back.

My maid told me KTLN card can be made upon arriving at JKT airport and some other airport / places. Your maid should apply upon her arrival, then collect later or when she is returning to Singapore. Just ask your maid to enquire from other maids who have just returned to Singapore. They will know. The process is not complicated but must produce the required documents.

Her passport also need to have a sticker (issued by Indonesia embassy here) to indicate her address of employment. Without this, she will need to pay for some tax upon exit at the Indon immigration when returning to SIN. The sticker can be applied at the embassy here. Need to fill out a form and provide copies of WP,etc. You can check at the embassy website.

Hope this helps.

Hi h0258

Thank you so much all those info. Really a thorough explanation there! Im sure many mommies will benefit frm this.

Hi all,

my php maid joined me in May 2011 and contracts end in May 2013. However, her passport expired in Nov 2012. Agent is charging at $386.50! Is there anyway we can go to Php embassy and renew?

Thanks, Jen

Hi Jen,

I am facing the same prob.sad to say within the first 2 year, you must get an agent to renew
sad.gif

. This is because php embassy need an endorsed contract and that can only be generate from the agent only. and my agent push the cost citing the maid know they have to pay themselves as it is their personal item. No idea how will my maid reaction be. sigh... I took for granted that maid passport expiry date will always be after their contract end date but I was wrong. They are independent.

Hi Kristle,

i already submitted online to apply E-passport for my maid. My PHP colleague said it can be done. Shouldnt be any problem, it's only renewal? Anyway, just trying my luck.

For work permit, MOE can extend 2 more mths BUT after that, they must go back without any extension or renewal.

This is the long email from the embassy...

Your HSW will need to present a valid employment contract, authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in Singapore, together with her other documentary requirements in order to renew her Philippine passport. You are, therefore, advised to process the authentication of her employment contract before she applies for the renewal of her passport.

Information on and requirements for the authenticated employment contract are available on our website at http://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/labor/hsw/employment-docs/. If you have employed your HSW for less than two (2) consecutive years, you are required to secure the services of an employment agency accredited with the Embassy to process the employment contract on your behalf. A list of accredited employment agencies may be obtained from the Embassy's website athttp://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/labor/employment-agency/.

If you have already completed a two-year contract with your HSW, and are applying for the renewal of the contract, you may process the verification/authentication of your employment contract yourself. You may apply for her Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) at the same time you apply for the verification of her contract. A list of the requirements are available athttp://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/labor/oec/.

Please be informed that only applicants with confirmed appointments for passport renewals may be processed. To avoid inconvenience, the Embassy recommends that your employee secure an appointment for passport renewal prior to proceeding to the Embassy.

The complete list of requirements for scheduling an appointment for passport renewal are available on our website at http://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/consular/passport/application-renewal/. Please note that you may submit the request for an appointment by e-mail or in person at Window 9. The consular fee for passport renewal is S$102.00 in cash. The Embassy does not accept NETS, debit or credit cards.

If your employee urgently needs to renew her work permit, please advise her to inform the encoding officer during her appointment that she will require an endorsement letter for MOM. A letter will be issued to her after her passport details and biometric information have been encoded.

As a passport with at least six (6) months' validity is a standard requirement for international travel, and as it takes approximately four (4) weeks to process an application for passport renewal, Filipinos in Singapore are advised to renew their passports at least eight (8) months prior to expiry to avoid inconvenience. Your employee's current passport will not be collected or cancelled until after her new passport is released.

Thank you for writing the Embassy.

Hi,

I have a filipino maid going back in this coming Dec 2012. she has work for me for 18 months and I have agreed to let her go back home early before her current contract ends next year Mar 2013.

How do I renew her passport, work permit, insurance etc... without going through an agent.

I had already booked her air ticket round trip but her passport is expiring soon next year Mar 2013.

Any advise?

Hi All

Appreciate your kind advises here.
My Indo maid contract expires 6 March 2013. She has 15 days home leave in the contract. She does not has the KTKLN card. Her WP expires 6 March 2013 and her passport was renewed in 2012 already.

If we decide to renew her contract, what are the steps to take?

Should I plan her home leave period to be last 2 weeks of Feb? so that I got 2 weeks allowance to renew her WP after she returned Singapore?

She don’t have KTKLN card now – how to apply for her or she can only DIY herself at Indo airport? Hers is Surabaya.

When she returned, I need to purchase insurance ? Assuming I purchase from NTUC income, the cheapest I get is $194.74 right?
http://www.income.com.sg/insurance/foreignmaid/index.asp

Then, I just need to renew WP online?
http://www.mom.gov.sg/services-forms/Pages/wp-online-fdw.aspx

Is that all to renewing her contract? Any other paperwork to be processed?

Another question I have is she wants to carry cash home or is there safer way to tt money home? She don’t have her bank account yet and is using her Uncle’s bank account. She is worried that they will take all her money and she returned penniless.

Personally, I would think it is not ideal for a maid to take home leave at the end of her WP contract. She might have problems coming back. If it were up to me:

First, ask if she wants to go for home leave. Give her a choice that if she doesn't go back at the end of contract, she can go back during the Hari Raya (which might be more meaningful); or end of the year (which you might be on holiday).

Second, instead of going home at the end of the WP contract, I would get everything renewed first, and this is the process:
1. Renew insurance
2. Renew WP
3. Goto Indonesian Embassy in SG to sign a FDW contract. At the moment, this service is free. Employer or adult from the same household to be present at an interview where salary and number of off-days will be asked and written down on contract.

When your maid is back in Indonesia, she needs to go to their local MOM office to get a KTKLN card issued. This is COMPULSORY, without which they will not be able to return to SG. To issue this, they need to produce (1) Valid Work Permit; and (2) Signed FDW Contract from Embassy. This service is charged a small fee.

When finally at the airport during their return, they have an additional airport tax. This changes from time to time but it would be wise to remind your maid to have cash with her until she is safely on the plane. Many predators lurk in the airport waiting for unsuspecting FDWs!

You may wish to withheld 1 - 2 months pay to cover your costs - in case the maid does not return. But when she does, she will be very happy to see 2 months pay in her bank account, instead of having spent every single cent in her hometown - people are known to travel from afar to FDWs village, to borrow money, claim a loan, etc etc so often times FDW really ends up penniless by the time they reach airport.

Back