Advice to get through symptoms

dzed85

Hi all,

I am seeking for advice to deal with loss of appetite and fatigue.

- Currently c. 7 - 8 wks
- No appetite
- Fatigue
- Nausea and vomiting in the morning
- Odor discharged (am on folic acid)
- Extremely emotional (i may scold loved ones for no apparent reason and the fact that he is giving in every time is fuelling me more.)

Understand the above are common symptoms, however, experiencing them is way different from reading from Google and getting ready for it. I cannot imagine to go on up to 40 weeks especially with a hectic full time job if the symptoms are going to prolong. Please to all those experienced ones, do you have any tips for new mum-to-be (yes. my first) to get through this very challenging period. I do want to eat healthily but cant even stand the sight of a Filet-o-Fish.

Grateful for your advice. Thanks.

Hi all,

- Currently c. 7 - 8 wks
- No appetite
- Fatigue
- Extremely emotional (i may scold loved ones for no apparent reason and the fact that he is giving in every time is fuelling me more.)

Understand the above are common symptoms, however, experiencing them is way different from reading from Google and getting ready for it. I cannot imagine to go on up to 40 weeks especially with a hectic full time job if the symptoms are going to prolong. Please to all those experienced ones, do you have any tips for new mum-to-be (yes. my first) to get through this very challenging period. I do want to eat healthily but cant even stand the sight of a Filet-o-Fish.

Consult a gynae to get some pills for your nausea? I don’t think fillet-o-fish is the best food currently looking at the nausea. Avoid anything fried, spicy and strong smelling. They trigger nausea badly. Plain crackers work well actually to keep your stomach juices in check to reduce a bit of nausea feel, hopefully also digestable. Ginger water may help too. Actually at this stage, either you just resign to this nausea which may subside by second trimester or some medication from gynae should do the trick if it is not that bad. The fatigue should get better by second trimester too! Just hang in there!

If it helps you feel better and gives you some comfort, my hyperemesis gravidarum landed me in hospital for the first trimester so you are not alone (and maybe yours not that bad. I was vomitting 24/7 and even being on two types of anti-nausea medicines did not help).

Hi all,

- Currently c. 7 - 8 wks
- No appetite
- Fatigue

Hi.

For your no appetite and nausea, it is normal in first trimster for some. For me, it was the same. The mere thought or mention of food was enough for me to feel nausea or throw up, not to mention the sight. But still, as time passes, it should get better or i should say some symptoms may even only subside after giving birth!

I had severe nausea issues also and was prescribed Diclectin which worked for me. It is very safe for pregnancy and to take 1 to 3 tabs a day to prevent nausea and vomitting. You could perhaps go read up or ask your gynae about it. I used this from around week 10 all the way until around week 32, the down side is that is is very costly, $3 a tablet after gst. Without it, i also not sure how I could cope. Hope this info helps.

Thanks for sharing. My gynae appointment has been confirmed but it is 2 weeks from today. Nurse has advised unless emergency, she recommends to wait until the confirmed appointment, which technically will be c. 9 to 10 weeks. Hence the agony to battle nausea and loss of appetite. Will look up at Diclectin but shall consult gynae beforehand. Thanks.

Back