Advice on pre & post natal massage

sindyee

hi mummies

me and my friends looking for one, need some advice frm u guys. any shop or person to recommend.

I had this experience with this massge lady called MAS. She was recommended by my gf for post natal massage. I want to share my experience with u all so that you all will not be conned by her service. She tells stories, borrow money, takes advance payment and keep postponing sessions after taking your advance payments for the massage and even borrows money in the name of helping her sick mother or neighbour or son.

At first she will tell u she charge $55 per session which is cheap, however, when she comes for the 1st session, she will tell u you need slimming cream, add $5, you need the epidural drops another $5 and you need the stretch mark cream anotehr $5 so all add up to $70! very dishonest n not up front about her charges.
She will also tell you she uses massage oil which is made from 101 herbs etc......

She also will be very fren with you while massaging and tell you about her family very poor, but she learnt her massage from her father who is a gynae..she will say she has a mother who is paralysed and need medical attention, need to buy special bed and ask you for advance payment for your massage. SInce it was for massage we thought it was ok, so just advance pay her my sessions. Pls do not ADVANCE PAY cos she will keep postpone her sessions. This is what i learnt. PAY everyday for your massge lady is the best method.

Also she will say she has a son who is in Temasek poly and going to Oxford university to study LAW.....which i find it ridiculous...go poly can go OXFORD to study LAW???..then she will tell stories of how much money she need for her son's edu , fees etc and find ways to ask for more advance payments and even borrow money .
She wills ay its a pity if her son who is so clever is denied of a chance to study cos of no money.....i was duped by it!

Anotehr story she will tell you is she has a neighbour from Malaysia who just divorced husband left her with child no money for food etc and want to help her financially. SHe will ask you for moeny to help her.Saying what Chinese shd help Chinese since she is Malay already helping her.

Lastly she will keep postponing the last few sessions and not come due to fever, sick QUARANTINED!!! duno till when depends!! and this was how i was never given my full service but paid in full by advance payment to her cos of all her sad stories cos i was stupid! and i even borrowed her money on top of that!

Pls all mothers to be who wan to do pre or post natal massge beware of this MAS lady who live in Woodlands St60 Blk 786E, her hp 90845556. She is a plump short malay lady. pls do not engage this person for your massge she is a CHEAT!!!

Evening ladies.Tanti is my name
I'm a Malay Massage Therapist.
I provide home services for:
Normal Massage, Pre-Natal Massage and Post-Natal Massage
To make an appointment, please call 91000548
Do visit my blog :
[email protected]
U may also email me : [email protected]
My massage session includes Breast Massage(to clear blocked milk ducts), Tummy Massage(lifting of the womb/cellulite & wind reduction) and Binding.
I will also teach new mummies on BABY MASSAGE!

~~I have a Portable Massage Bed for my customers's comfort & convenience~~

**I do not charge transportation fee.**

Additional charges will be:
SGD$25 for your personal binder to keep.

With best regards.

Hi borozuzu,
I had my postnatal done by jamumassage.com therapist and really satisfied with their service. They are trained specially by the company founder Mdm Rokiah who has many yrs experience and many mummies had her service since few yrs back in this forum. As this is my 1st pregnancy, I don't mind paying for such service. I even till now still email them if I've quires abt my baby or get their advise on BF.

Hi,
I have tried malayheritagejamumassage for my postnatal. Went personally to the boss hse to pay my deposit. Happy with their service. My therapist was very gd with her massage. I had the 10 days package and extend 4 more days later as I felt so relax during my sessions.

Hi ladies,
Just to share my experience with all the MTBs.
I have tried the pre-natal massage by Afond Leisure Spa. I felt it's quite good. If you encounter calf cramps, water retention, lower backache & have insomnia (as problem like me), you can consider to give it a trial for only $88. So far i have went for 2 sessions and i felt that it has slightly improved as i can sleep better now in the night. I just go for once a week as i am now in my 8 months of pregnancy. I have bought some sessions from them too.
I am very happy with my therapist, Susan. She is skilful and I intend to go back to them for my post-natal massage after my confinement. Their sales person is also not pushy unlike some massage/beauty salon.

They have 2 outlets, one in Holland Village & the other at South Bridge Road(beside Maxwell Market).

Had my postnatal done by traditional holistic postnatal centre. Very professional service as I can say and I enjoy my sessions throughout my whole package. So relaxing and I sometimes fall a sleep during my sessions. Paiseh sometime.

Hi mothers-to-be,

Pregnancy massage is great! It not only helps with posture, but allows the mothers to relax and even connect with the baby. Let me know if you'll like to find out more about pregnancy massage.

Have a wonderful pregnancy =)

If you are looking for a professional and effective post natal massage, I have one good recommendation. She is Nit, still doing massage for me now till 12th Feb. She is recommended to me by my friend who manage to slim down to S size from L size after giving birth. After seeing the effect on my friend, I deceided to give it a try although it cost $1900 a week 4-5hr per day.

Within 1 week, I manage to slim down 6kg and able to wear back my s size pants. Her massage is very intensive and use many different technics like herbal steam and bamboo toning massage to tone body. The best thing is I do not need to be wrap up around the waist the entire day and my waist is getting more tone up every day with the massage. As compare to my first postnatal massage lady I have to wrap my waist up every day for 10 session at $500, which is very itchy and sweaty plus the effect is not much cos I still can't wear my S size pants after that.

Her charges is high but after you experience her service and seeing the results, it's worth the price. She have different package price from $700 onwards. You may call or sms her at 93906921 or 62430145, usually I'll sms her cos she unable to answer when she is massaging for customer.

silverpink - personally i tried this company service for my 2 kids... and my cousin also thru my recommendation she engage their services currently... for my personal exp, although i had different therapists for 2 pregancies but their service and skills are up to my expectation. i like the services they provide and some of the product they carry, until now i am still using some them . one thing good abt is their package include eveything ( ha although my hubb paid for it )
happy.gif
i enquired from other company they have transportation charge which they charge like $10 or more per session depending on location. this can come up to quite a lot just to somthing to pay extra... you can see my review here as well ( mine doesnot have pic cos i am still the shy type to take my tummy with so many "rail way lines) on it
sad.gif
http://www.originsjamumassage.com/Testimonies.html

I agreed with Mummyangie, Nit is good. I agreed her service is a bit expensive than other place but you can see the result. I try her pre and post natal during last June.
happy.gif

Dont ever try MONA, its bullshit though its only 100+ for 5 sessions. I tried her for my 1st delivery and i cant control my bladder.

this time,i tried this lady, she is gd, she pushed my uterus up. This lady massage me for 2 days n I can see my waistline and my tummy shrink. On the 4th day I carried by boy who is abt 12kg and my uterus drop back. I can feel the tremendous pain lucky I'm still having my massage n she pushed itcvack for me and the pain goes off. of course shes not cheap like Mona but it really pays to be more expensive "yi fen qian yi fen huo" haha

Ladies, tell u .... Never never carry heavy stuffs ok.. My boy fell from playpen I panic tats y I carry him...

so ladies...must do a proper massage ok....uterus is very important to us ladies...if it drop you will have to get it operated and remove i.e. cant have bb anymore....

Hi mummies. I recommend to try my massage lady. Her name is Nadia 81004091. I really see my tummy and hips slim down and after every session, I will either burp or let out air. haha...so I know it works.

shop4stuff..it true you pay for what you get although sometime not say cheap is really not good. My sil had a bad experience with her freelance massasge lady just last month. the massage lady uses cooking oil to massage her and its was used cooking oil somemore, she simply freked out and cancel her service immediately,. she was lucky she found out early cos the smell was so weird when she massage her and when she ask the lady , she say its her own " herbal oil " which she make.... from her shocking experience, she now understand why it pays to be more assured.

i recommended my massage therapist to one of my friend last year and she shared her experience on her blog
http://mompreneurasia.com/my-after-birth-postnatal-jamu-massage-experience/

Hi I'm recomm my lady I'm currently using her
as my per-natal massage and post-natal
She vergood her use Bigstone put on my tummy
make me slimdown you see her in FaceBook
Jitsinee Nit Therapy

Hi I'm recomm my lady I'm currently using her
as my per-natal massage and post-natal
She is very good her use Bigstone put on my tummy
make me slimdown you see her in FaceBook
Jitsinee Nit Therapy

I agree with shop4stuffs. DON'T EVER USE MONA OR HER SISTER LISA.

I had a terrible experience and am still paying for it. Mona called last min to say that she had flu so recommend her sister Lisa to do the massage and said that she was just as good. Did 3 sessions and Lisa burnt my skin on the tummy and still blamed me for it. She said that it was just bad rashes and asked to continue massaging. I was having blisters everywhere and she said it's ok to continue? Luckily I said no and went to see a doctor who confirmed that she used to much abrasion on my tummy and the herbs used must be burning to have caused such an extensive burn. My tummy is still sagging now and am not even sure if the uterus is back in place and I can't massage until my skin is well again. I hope the next massage lady can help me recover.

Hi ttmom,
Sorry to hear about you experience with your massage lady. Hope that no other mummies had the same experience like yours. When I had my massage from malay heritage jamu massage, every time after the massage and binding, she will remind me not to keep on the binder for more than 8hrs. And usually once I took out, she advise me to apply baby powder so that the tummy won't have allergy to the jamu, as so far I really enjoy my sessions with her and I still continue with the binder after my sessions completed as was advise to use it till atleast 2 or 3 mths for better result. Maybe after your skin get better, you may start again your massage. You can try call my massage lady company at 94876229 or visit their website malayheritagejamumassage.com

Thanks Jovina, you're very kind. Will definitely try out the more reputable ones now like malayheritagejamumassage although I heard that Mona has more than 20 years experience and that was why i went to her. Hopefully, once i recover, it won't be too late. It's so dreadful to see the big tummy sagging.
sad.gif

Hi,
I was searching from few website for postnatal massage for my 2nd bb when I saw these add Professional traditional holistic jamu postnatal massage. I also saw traditional & holistic postnatal centre too. Try to call both as got 2 different contact no and got to know that both are different com. For traditional holistic postnatal centre, they are longer for postnatal service, as got to know the company founder Mdm Rokiah has been many yrs serving clients in these forum and now she only support mothers with bf problem. All her therapists are experience, certified and personally trained by her As for Professional traditional holistic jamu postnatal massage, they are new in these market but seem their add look like they are much more longer into these biz and they don't have any shop. So make quires 1st before you sign up as its have about the same name, that will make ppl confuse. Even saw their add as singapore jamu postnatal massage. I and my hubby decide to get traditional holistic postnatal centre service, after visit the shop in kovan that makes me really sure of the company status. Their website jamumassage.com for more information. They have also promotions going on now.

Hi Nouri,
Lucky you make calls to both companies and decide the company that is longer in these market. Its really make someone confuse with the extra professional words and traditional holistic.Its makes it looked like they are same company. Me too had my postnatal by traditional holistic shop in kovan. My therapist is Mdm Eja. Experience lady and frenly. She work in slimming centre last time. Will sure get their service again for my next pergnancy.

Hi Nouri,
Lucky you make calls to both companies and decide the company that is longer in these market. Its really make someone confuse with the extra professional words and traditional holistic.Its makes it looked like they are same company. Me too had my postnatal by traditional holistic shop in kovan. My therapist is Mdm Eja. Experience lady and frenly. She work in slimming centre last time. Will sure get their service again for my next pergnancy.

how about rustic nirvana? i am with them for prenatal massage but wonder how is their post natal home visits and slimming/detox session at their shop.

Hi all,

im currently enganging nit as my post natal masseur. She is very expensive but REALLY good. After each session, you can tell your tummy smaller and waistline reduces too. Even my mil and CL can tell the diff after each session. I think its worth all the money paid for as i can slim down, wear back my old clothes and also healthier as the techniques she uses can release water retention, wind and also toxic in your body. Good luck to all mummies !

I recommend house of javanese massage. I had very good experience with my pre and post natal massages. The therapist I used has left, went home to Indonesia. But the others are good too. I go there for regular massage now.

hi all mummies, i engaged Nit after my 2nd delivery in Dec 2010, i agree that though her charges is on the higher side as compare to those normal malay massage but she is good. after the 22 sessions of post natal massage, i can wear back my pre-prenancy jeans. Best part is you do not have to wrap up in those oily sticky clothes for the night.
My tummy is toner than before cos for my 1st baby i engaged those malay massage abt $600 but no effect at all so my tummy is very flabbly and even worst after the 2nd child. So having the past experience, i find that it is worth it to pay for the slimming massage after my 2nd delivery since my tummy is even flabbier.

Hi Snowball 123, can provide more details on this Nit? how much you pay? and any website to view? heeee, cos i also searching for a massage lady for this Sept!
thanks

Hi Py
I paid $6k for the treatment. She will go to your hse for consecutive 22 days during your confinement to do the treatment. She has other different packages to suit your budget. You can find Jitsinee Spa or Jitsinee Nit in Facebook.

hi mummy. soory to distrubing, i would like to recomended my massage lady hername jenny contact no 83305461, she is malay lady with skiulfull and experiance massage lady, i been engage her for at last 7yrs my sis and my family too. till now we still keep touch with her for our relaxing massage,she does for me pre and post natal massage for my sis in laws also my own sister,with reasonable price very frendy and humble person. u will love her massage and the result, guaranted

Back