Advice Needed on Maid Problems HElp!!!!

i got a transfer maid from one of the mummies here. I went up to her house and interviewed the maid. The mummy said that due to work issues, she will be resigning from her job to takecare of her newborn and toddler.

I took over the maid on Sat. On Sun, I orientated her in the house and gave her a timetable. I saw her taking out her timetable to check which I thought was good. She is slow and cannot understand English well. That I can accept however, I dont think she is able to take care of children.

On Sun and this morning, this is what happened.
1. She saw my younger boy (18mts old) running to the toilet. She just stood there and watch my son running into the toilet.

2. I told her to bath my child. But I know my boy will cry so I went into the toilet with her and I wanted to teach her how to bath my child. I told her to hold my child. While I turned my back to take shampoo, my child wanted to play with the water in the toilet bowl. She did nothing until I told her to grab hold of him.

3. At my mum house, she just sat on the sofa throughout. I told her she must followed whenever my child goes closely. So I demonsrated what distance she should be at and I told her to follow my child from that distance. So she did. I followed behind her and my child. My child started to take something from the kitchen top and put in his mouth. Still she did nothing. WHen I told her to take it away, my son put up a struggle and she just stood there.

4. At night, I told her that she must help me look after my child as he is very cranky after beig in CC for one week. She said ok. My boy and I sleeps 1 m away from her. Yesterday, my boy cried. She was asleep. I called her to make milk. Immediately, she woke up. (Yes really immediately, which made me suspect that she is pretending to be asleep.)

Should I change this maid? I never scolded my previous maid before. Even when she wet the floor and caused my son to fall down, I did not say a thing. But this maid is mag me impatient. I told myself to give her time but I am nt confident if child minding skills can be taught!

This morning,
1.I told her to feed my child milk. My child cried. Again, she sat at the side of the bed looking at my crying child. She did not pacify him and just sat there like a dummy.

2. After I left the house, my mum came. She jut stood there like a dummy again! She did not offer to help take the bag or the shoes.

FYI, this current maidis ex saudi, and worked i sg for a mth. Should I return her??

You can advertise for her to transfer with older kids or no kids..where she can just follow her timetable and SOP and dont have to use her brains....its no advisable to keep her.....

I had hired a maid she was utterly useless in taking care of my kid...even though she was mother of 2...I didnt wanted to go thru transfer process and spend money but ultimately cannot take it any more and have to send her back in extreme situation...hence i have to pay for her ticktes....better is to transfer and have peace of mind.....

Hi

Just to add on day 2 of hiring her ..... She spoiled my fridge. She didn't close the door properly n the cool air leaked for one whole day.

Actually yesterday when I saw her , my heart softened. I asked if I had too high expectations. I went home yesterday n saw her following my instructions by following my child around in my mum place. She did. The house was neat too. My heart wavered abit n when I went home I saw the fridge. Arghhhhhh.

I spent alot of money just because my previous maid needs to go home due to famiy issues. I placed my child in CC. Cost me $2K for deposit, school fees and miscellaneous, another $4K for the current maid loan. Now I still need to replace the fridge!

Life in Sg is already stressful enough. And I still need to deal with all these maid issues.

Me too..stress... Share the same problem with you..

I just send back my maid after trotered all her nonsense of 9 days. I think enough for me....

First, she don't know how to off my fan... Instead press the switch button to off it. She just simply go and pluck out the point socket to off it which give me a shocked.

Secondly, she say she can not walk otherwise she will have stomach pain.

Thirdly, she cannot take care of my children. Even I give her the time table what time drink milk. When time up, she still didn't make my children milk.
Her reasons is she don't know how to read time. What a joke... Can you believe it..

Fourth, she never use soap to wash all the blows, spoon, cup and even her hands... Is really yuck to me.. Having oily plates and spoon.

Fifth, she say she don't know how to cross the road and don't know how to see traffic light. Even teach her a lot of times, she still don't know. Still like to walk and cross the road with her head down.

Sixth, yestherday afternoon, she suddenly cry and say to save her cos her stomach pain due to the last six years ago operation. Then ask me send her back... Then after that change her mind... Say she want to work in my house... But say she cannot featch my gal to and back from school as she cannot walk. Hello... My gal school is just one bus stop away. Is it very far to her? She say she could only walk one block away ONLY.

Seventh, she could only speck bahaas only. English is 99% don't understand. Because of her, I try to learn bahassa with her during the 9 days and she simply don't want to learn English at all.
she can't commicate with my gal... How am i going to go out and work to let the maid with my children at home...

When talk to her, she can only say yes mdm... I understand... But in the end, still don't understand...

Arrrrhhh..... I think I had enough Liao.... Even she beg me to let her stay, but I cannot hack care Liao... She is really wasting my time.... Before, I send her back, she keep on lock herself inside my common toilet... I ask her to come out and she don't want...

What I can say is yestheday is a really a drama day for me....

Hi Snow,

So sorry to hear that. Is there someone at home to watch over the maid? Is she new to sg? I think she is very cunning, trying to make you return her to the agent.

My previous maid is an indo. Though she has her shortcomings, she is very alert and my kids adore her. Every morning, she will put my watch and comb in the living room so that I will not waste time searching for them and be late from work. She also feeds my kids medicaton on the dot. At night, if my kids are sick, she will check their temp once every 2 hours,even at night.

But too bad. She needs to leave due to family issues. I know getting a transfer maid has problems too. I told myself the good thing is that if mummies here pm me, I can interviewed them and also their employers. (COmpared to at the agent's, I can only interview the maid.)

Sigh.....I am also scared that if I changed her, I will get a worse one. Argh

Hi chelsa,

For me is 长痛不如short pain. Change one and forget it. Actualy I work from home so I still can oversea her.
but sometime still need to go on site inspection.

Her behavior really made me get out of my nevse. Even my very good and paintent current maid who is going back tomorrow morning also could not trotted her anymore.
Everyday my maid and I spent a lot of time teach her what is now and later til the day she was send back still don't understand. How to work.

She even almost throw away my important document even thought I had repat myself to her : this one throw, this is keep. She still do the wrong one.

I had no choice but to send her back.
Tomorrow onwards, I don't have maid.
Now I am still searching. Might want to get a phillipno maid in order to slove the lauage problem.

Hazi....., why is our pervious maid always the best but got family problem too...

Had you try phillipo maid?

Snow, my current one is a philipina who dont understand English. I ask her to top up water. She went to wash the cup. Almost every instruction I have to repeat at least twice. Yes. Twice. I told her to switch on the lights. She said huh. Argh. Today my mum asked her if she know how to walk
Back from my kids cc. She don't understand my mum.

I am a ftwm. Younger one in half day cc n older one in full day. Mum works 4 hrs in the morning. I hired a maid just so that there is a pair of helping hands to bring the kids to n Fro
School n help out some housework. Wanted to go
Maid less n hired pt maid but worried my mum
Can't handle. She has to take her bag n two other bags for my kids in the morning. If that problem is resolved.... I dont need a maid.

Ya many employers lied or cover the truth just to get rid of their unwanted maids.They want to take back maids existing loans n even ask for xtras cos they pay agency fee.If u lucky still can get gd ones.

Why got so many liar? Really feel betrayed. The agent even tell me if I want to change a new maid, I had to pay another $400 for the what transfer insurance. Really feel it is an unfair deal.. Like that you are just trying to push all the lousy maid to me, then you are earning every $400 for changing.

Chelsa,
Before you employ your maid, you got interview her right?
I find that lauage and commication is very important after I had the 9 days old maid.
So this time round, I will carefully chose the person who can talk to me. Hopefully I can get the right maid....

She really waste everyone time....

@snow,

Yes. I interviewed her at her previous employer house. The employer told me that she is resigning from her job to look after her kids and her daughter dont like her. Despite her daughter being rude to the maid, the maid was never fierce towards her. The maid is also supposed to cook daily (according to employer). I dont need her to cook daily as my mum will cook but I told her she will need to help out when my mum is cooking.

Today, I found out what her employer meant by cooking is actually CUTTING VEGGIES!

This is what she did today.

1. She actually poured water used for mopping onto the toilet floor. I asked her why. She said because tommorrow she is going to wash the floor. So now my toilet floor looks like mud stained tiles.

2. she was ironing my working clothes. I asked her to get something as I was attending to my crying boy. She left without switching off the iron. This is the third time I have told her.

3. I told her to prepare clothes for my son as I wanted to bath him. Half an hour later, still no clothes.

4. While my mum was cooking, she sat on the sofa.

I am prepared to give chances to her maid if she is slow but child minding skills is not something that can be taught. She is just not someone who can bond with kids.

My boy cries like there is no tommorrow when he goes to CC. When I asked him if he would like to go to school, he nodded his head. Today when I asked him if he likes kaka (the name for the maid), he shook his head and said he was scared. His reaction was the same every time I asked him. So now I cannot trust what the previous employer said that the maid was ok despite the kid being rude to her. My boy is terrified of going to CC and yet he never indicated that he was scared. But he keeps saying that he is scared of the new maid.

The maid is definitely going. We will be getting a new maid We will keep her to go the housework but she will not handle my child from now on.

Chelsa,

Which nationality are you going take in a new maid?
I think I will take in a filliop maid who work in Singapore before and had experince with children and must be tall.

I personally found out that after hiring my old maid and the 9 days maid the difference a lot.

My old maid is tall, so she can reach and touch the things without difficult. That maid I send her off is shorter than me like 10 cm what ever she do she had too tip top a lot. I myself is not tall...
Only 154cm. So I think tall is a plus to me.

Secondly, why must had experience in Singapore? Cos the headache maid is easily homesick and not used to Singapore culture and enviroment.

Thirdly, language is important so that we can talk easily without pointing and acting like playing Win Lose or Draw Game.

Fourth, must had experience taking care of my 2 children. And she must be 30 years old above so that she will be mature and seriouse in her work.

I think these are the important things I will look for.

How about you? Are you going through agent?

Snow,

To me, nationality is not an issue. As long as the maid is willing to learn, I am willing to teach. Just now my kid woke up. The maid woke up sitting like a dummy and went back to sleep after I walked into the room. My previous Indo maid will never do that. If I take over the baby, she will stand in the living room or sit on her bed to be standby just in case I need any help.

Today I was talking to my mum and my hb and we all realised that my previous maid was such a darling. We treat her very well too. There was once my son went into fits due to high fever from urinary tract infection. My son stayed in hospital for 2 weeks and the bills came to 10 K. We never scolded her too because she knew that it was an oversight because other than this, she really takes good care of my kid.

This current one, I have not scolded her yet but I am really tolerating. I do not know how long I can take it!

PS: 5 minutes ago, I was in the toilet. I heard my child crying and coughing. When I picked him up, he was wailing. The maid who was sleeping 1 m away from him was sleeping throughout. Arghhhh....

Dear Mummies,
I have a maid for trsf too. I'm helping her find a new employer not cos I wanted retrieve part of the placement fee loan since she has finished her loan and also not because i wanted to save any money as since loan completed I can just send her back to agent w/o forking a single cents or effot. Agent will be more then happy to have her back since they will charge her 2 months for finding a new employer. And thats the reason I wanted help her. Imagine no pay for 8 months and again being trsf and additional 2 months. Which I feel very guilty espcially when she is really a nice girl, pleasant and obedient(among my 5 maids hire). I feel very guilty to do that..just a pity my mum expectation is too high and she will be with my mum daily..even she meet my expectation I have to let go and find a new maid who is really smart and my mum likes..haiz. my advise is if you are getting a trsf maid directly..take only those w/o maid loan..so u only need to pay for the documentation..and insurances...else which employer will want to take the trouble to help maid find a suitable employer if she gain nothing..maybe perhape wont feel bad or guilty..

Jeslyn,

You may be one of the responsible employers around. Actually, I think your mum should be thankful for getting a nice maid. There are not many maids out there who are like that.

There are some who will find other employers for the maid because

1. they do not want to pay for the $10 /day charge if the maid is returned to the agency.

2. the remaining maid loan can be returned asap

I too feel very guilty. I kept telling myself that my expectations are high and that I cannot expect her to be like my previous maid. But I really need to let her go despite her being a very soft spoken maid and clean maid. I took her for a week only and all the following has happened.

1. My fridge is spoilt.

2. When we told her to bring my son out to pacify his crying, she expected us to open the door for her. My 60 yr old mum brings my kids to and fro school. My maid expects my mum to help her carry my son's bag while she carries my younger child. My mum still needs to take care of the older one and carry his bag.

3. When my son is crying, she either stands there or continues with her chores or continue to sleep.

4. She sits around my mum's house and watched my mum cook and take care of my younger son at the same time. Despite us reminding her, she still continues to stare into blank space. My mum caught her playing with my son's transformer toys while my son was crying. Sigh....

Hi Xuan,

I went to the agent yesterday. When I was taking over the maid, OMG, claimed to provide good service. When I called him on the phone, he said he will select some biodata for me. When I went to the agent yesterday, he did not select any suitable biodata for me.

What he did was to take all the biodata and ask me to select despite me telling him my preferences. I had to go through more than 100 biodata yesterday. Where is the good service I was promised!!!

You shld return the maid..she basically living in her own wotld. mine will faster pacify my son if he cry or etc. my agebt dont charge us the daily rate of 10 either for food n acvomodation except levy

@jeslyn,

If I returned the maid, I need to pay $10/day. I just called to check, the maid that I have shortlisted can only reach Sg in May 24th.

I m a newbie looking for a maid. I m tinking of getting a fresh new maid fr the agency. Anyone cn advise wat shld I look out for in selecting a gd maid n wat r the things tat I shld clarify w the agency? Thks.

I'd like to share my bad experience with the maid agency 1-connect of 756 Upper Serangoon Road. Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre #04-12. Singapore 534626 (www.1-connect.com.sg) and the owners Lynn Kueh and William Chua. This is only a very short excerpt, which excludes many unpleasant incidents that have taken place.

Everyone should take care when dealing with 1-connect Pte Ltd and the owners Lynn Kueh and William Chua. They have avoided my phone calls and emails and SMSes and still have not returned me almost $2,000 in loans and insurance refunds etc for 3 months now.

The first maid that 1-connect highly recommended to me was a 38 year old Indonesian by the name of Almira Bonga Cagas and that was a very bad experience. She was lazy (among other things, she didn’t wash the babies clothes as instructed, only soaking the clothes in water and them hanging up to dry) and is extremely careless as she likes to take short cuts (accidentally hurting my baby on several occasions). I told Lynn Kueh, the owner of the 1-connect maid agency that I was planning on returning Almira to the agency and told Lynn that I hadn't told Almira yet. Lynn was very unprofessional by telling Almira of my intentions and in doing so, created a potentially dangerous situation for me as Almira, who became very spiteful, was looking after my 6month old baby son. Almira could have hurt my son without my knowledge. The second maid Lynn Kueh and William Chua sent me was 25 year old Indonesian by the name of Kartini. Kartini was even worse than Almira. Her looks are deceiving as she looks sweet and demure but lies all the time. She came to Singapore to find her husband but did not tell the agency nor us. After signing a contract based on $430 per mth and 1 time a month off day starting from after paying off the loan (month 6), she told us that she wanted every week off from month two and it had to be from 9am till 10pm so that she could meet her husband. We asked Kartini if it was ok that she came back at 8pm and she said No. Kartini has now changed 2-3 employers since we let her go in 2 Feb 2012 and the agency continued to defend her and imply that the problem lied with us, the employer. Lynn Kueh and William Chua highly recommended her to a friend of mine. That is so unbelievably unprofessional.

Back