Advice needed! - Cherryland School House @ Sembawang Mart

jeannie07

Hi!

Anyone has experiences with Cherryland School House?

I'm thinking of sending my boy there when he's 18 mth old, he's now 11 mth old.

Please share...thank you so much.

hi...I would like to find out more from mummies who have or are still having children at:

1. Star Learners
2. Perform @ Junior
3. Glory Joy

All these centres are at Sembawang.

I would like to hear from you b4 deciding where to put my boy...

Thank you so much...

hi mummies

Pls share with me if your child is in Cherryland...
really hope to find out more before sending my boy there for childcare as he's now 18 month old.

thank you so much.

I m stayin Sembawang too. Visited cheeryland but overall e classroom condition not v well for thematic class. They also have montessori which charge differently. Frankly speaking all childcare at sembawang are long wait list! Wonder how can appeal to mcys to have more and how long usually it takes to open a childcare centre? The waiting list for my first skool, little campus, and others can b more than 20!

Cynthia

Yes, that's really true. I have called up practically all the childcare centres in Sembawang & they are full except for Cherryland which I wonder why.

But since I'm only sending my boy there for abt 1 yr so I will see how it goes.

So where is your child studying at now or someone is taking care for u?

Hi there, my child is in cheeryland, good school. my child attending there since playgroup. now in kindergarten

oh hi Keisha

My boy has started Cherryland since 11 Jan and he's adapting well. He's in the thematic class. ..

Do they have diff teaching method for kindergarten?

Hi Mummies

i heard that Cherryland keep changing teachers

luckily that i didnt register my baby at there

Jeannie u can try the Admiral Hill Pre School .

u can refer to their website , personally i find their enviroment is good . n alot of things for our kids to learn
i do compare with cherry land and Glory Joy

www.cambridgeadmiralhill.com

came across this thread from a fren.
can i knw if cheeryland schoolhouse is gd or nt?
changeing teachers is nt good?
hw is the environment and overall like?

good
- structured curriculum compared to another ccc in the same vicinity (i made the switch 3 yrs ago)
areas tt may not attract you
- turnover rate of teachers
- admin not so strong

hi ladies, yes different pricing for montessori and thematic. but as far as i know i think they are full also.
very good school, the curriculum is stronger than neighbouring school. the teachers are friendly. they look simple and down to earth. my boy has been attending since toddler and now in k class.
do they have admin pandora? haha i thought run by principal? anyways no complains. my boy has all his needs reached. very satisfied and definately recommend.

hi mummies
my boy has been in the playgroup since Feb, seems ok to me.

the teachers are friendly & my boy seems happy there.

hi mommies,
you have to register earlier for your child to be in the school. say, if you plan for your child to go into the school in 2012, you'd probably have to register your child end of 2010.

schools are limited in sbwg area, what's more of good school, even more limited. i've enrolled my dd into my little campus, above sbwg mart. hopefully it's a good choice for she's in little footprints in yishun now.

good luck to you all.

Dear mommies in Sembawang

I can fully understand your difficulties in finding a good and caring infant/childcare centre in Sembawang. I have been in the same situation 1 year ago. I was searching high and low for all the infant and childcare centre in the sembawang area and none of them were available except for Modern Motessori at Canberra Road. I was delighted that finally I was able to put my little girl (then 11 months) under good care as nobody look after her if I go to work.

At first, she was happy there as the 2 infant care teachers, Ms Rebecca and Jennifer were very caring and they love children. However, after one month plus Ms Jennifer left and followed by Ms Rebecca. After their departure, things went terrible, the new infant care teachers were very unprofessional and could tell from her face that she don seems to like children. I ever saw one little boy walking towards her and wanted her attention, she immediately stared at the boy fiecely and simply refused to hold or even speak to the boy, just use her eyes and turn him away. The little boy got scared and immediately walk away crying. The little boy was about 16 months old then.

My little girl was always crying when I went to fetch her everyday after work. She will rush to the gate and tried to push herself out of the door grill whenever I arrived at the doorstep. She would cry non-stop and I can tell that she was not happy there. And when I bring her there every morning, she will have fear in her eyes when I want to leave and do not want the teachers to touch her. I sensed that something must be wrong and it really broke my heart to see her in this state. So a few times, after I put my girl in the centre, I did not go to work immediately, I waited for a few minutes and returned to the centre secretly to observe what happened. From the window I saw the teacher punished my little girl, asked her to sit and cross her legs put her hand at the sides and demanded her to hide at one corner of the room. I was really heartbroken when I saw this, I wonder any other child care centre teacher use this kind of method to deal with a little baby (she was just a 15 months baby) wanting to be comforted because her parent just left and she was feeling insecured and needed some caring. What has she done wrong that deserved this kind of treatment, is this the way to deal with a little baby who is helpless? and I immediately searching "crazily" for a new childcare centre.

I went to the Cherryland and look at the environment, the classroom indeed is not so well condition but the principal is very friendly.
The teachers there are also very nice.

My girl has been there for about one month plus since Nov and I could see that she is happy there and no longer has the fear in the eyes whenever I bring her there in the morning.

Hi Life is Rich mummy

Thanks for sharing abt MMI . . . sad to hear what happened to your girl and glad that she's enjoying herself at Cherryland . . . the teachers there are really friendly & my boy used to be so loved by them . . .

He has just joined My Little Campus @Blk 406 & he seems happy there too . . .

Hope that there will be more infant care and childcare centres opening in Sembawang . .

Hi Hopeful,

You can contat my mum at 90463764 for more details. She has many years of experience in babies-sitting. We are staying opp sun plaza. Reasonable rate.

Just want to share with you a childcare centre I found that is so sincere and true in inculcating moral values in our children. Do check out Xiyao Childcare at kaki bt ave 1, even parents in Woodlands send their kid there! The teachers are very dedicated and I am very touched by the education there, they even teach parents, a very wholesome education!

Point to share for the C Childcare:-

Cons:-
1) Teachers turnover high, mostly foreigners
2) Principle not responsive in complain and pro- active
3) Run down
4) Toilet not very clean
5) No second gate at the reception area and dangerous for younger kid and close to escalator because parent might keep the grill open during pickup time and some leave it unlock. Commented but nothing done so far.
6) Insufficient teachers for children during going pickup time. Might have overlook younger kids that go roam around. Dangerous for PG group.
7) TV area too close for the kids and still using those old type TV .
8)Unhygienic using the same alcohol wipe over n over again for the ear termometer. Not sure if cleaned as they just poke into the the tiny piece of alcohol swipe and turn once and repeat the same process using same tiny piece in wrapper with a small opening.
9) Few Times Diaper too full at pickup time till leak and underwear have trace of faeces.
10) Delay toilet training.. Some older kids at 4 or 5 yrs still using diaper but not sure parents or teachers to blame.

Pros:-
1) Teachers and principle basically friendly
2) Child seems to be happy in School and wanted to go to school
3) Big area
4) At least have play area outside but it is hard semen and I have seen PG child fell and knock his head on the floor by accident.

Basically every CC have pro n cons .
But Sembawang area childcare mostly fully taken and you can choose if you have a car or willing to travel far and pay very high cost for it.

I guess if you enrol your kids at 3 years old, no matter which CC it should be better off. Just monitor if they are happy with it and it is an acceptable standard.

my son is in cheeryland too..
the teacher is not very clean in handling kid milk bottle... alway got milk residue n black when i see the milk bottle at home.

when my son is still on diaper, by the time we fetch it damn full till his diaper will drop out kind.

i tink toilet training is to be done by parent. teacher help abit..

i see no improvement in the sch but the sch fee keep increasing. now at 450$ after subsidy, even more exp den little campus.

i am trying to find another cc but all fully booked. and long waiting list.

Hi Cherly,

Ya reminds me of the dirty milk bottle with milk residue now and then and they even swap the teat and casing once. I have to buy a new bottle, imagine that extra cost.
I know it doesn't belongs to my kid because it is with dirty black stain and a lot of scratches. I wash daily with soap and ensure no stain daily.

Agree that parent need to help train on the toilet train part.

Agree too on the School fees increasing but no improvement eventhough we gave feedback.

I have been looking around for other alternatives long ago but fail. Hope there will be more new Childcare centre in this area soon.

Hi
Just to share my experience with Cheeryland....my son has been there for about 2 mths now (started putting him there for the PG class since he turned 18-mth old). It is true that the cc classroom condition is run down, and the admin is not strong. But what matters to me at my son's age is that he is happy there and he is well taken off. I can see that he enjoys interacting with his new friends and teachers in the PG class are very caring and attentive as well. One of my neighbours even told me that she wants to place her son there in half a year time when he turns 18-mth old but was told that the PG class (i.e. for 18-mth to 3-yr old) is full and she will have to wait till 2014 or if there is withdrawal by another child in that class.

Basically, all the childcare in Sembawang are full. Parent with no choice still will go to C Childcare like myself. All others on waiting list.

Recently C Childcare gone from acceptable to bad.
Principle, admin staff and teachers turnover very high. Things has gone messy. Fees paid few months ago also said haven't and have to check with us again and again.

Reach school we have to call the teacher out to do the routine check to our kid and long waiting time since 2 months back.
No new principle incharge and the Manager in charge doesnt pick up calls on her hp.
Anything happen to our child, teachers are not aware until we ask them and the asnwer is 'sorry i didn't notice'(the object is very noticeable, very obvious).After that saying dunno and push to each other. After few days asking also still come back with no answer. Prove that teachers are not observant at all but of course don't apply to all the teachers there. This is not the first time but at least 3 times.

My child English pronounciation not good. Have other foreign language accent too. We have to correct her again and again at home.

Finally manage to change to new Childcare centre after a long waiting. Phew.. what a relief. Heard a lot of them also change to a new child care centre nearby. But mine not the new child care nearby.

Now I can really compare and give my opinion.
New Childcare is much more professional, Teachers speak good English, well organised, meals are better, environment very bright , clean and cheery, upgrading of the place done up to date and looks very new, parents are well informed of their child behaviour in details, they will make sure each child finished up 2 bottles of water daily, really worth the school fees we are paying by looking at the higher quality and standard of everything in general.

Hi, I hope all mummies are still following the tread. My son turning
2year on this may. I intend to put him in cc on the June but I think
it's too late to search a sch now. ): Intend to put him in my lil
campus at wellington brauch but its full, sec choice mfs at wellington
brauch but it's full too. Is PCF really good? Cos I heard feedback
from other that pcf not much standard & teachers all look young with
no experience. & also for cherry land I heard that the teachers alway
change? I'm staying at Wellington circle. Hope to find a sch nearby to
me. As well as affordable & good!

Lynn3992, from what I know the youngest my little campus is those born in 2010. you can try to enrol him for 2014 intake.

My girl just joined in Jan. She always came home with new rhymes and songs. I could tell that she enjoys school.

Hi Mummies, any more recent updates/feedback for Cherryland @sembawang?

After reading the above posts, I am quite concerned. :(
Is the school really not up to standard?
I will be enrolling my 2 kids there .. one in PG and one in N1. Have no other options as the rest of the CCs in Sembawang area are all either full or only have vacancies for 24months and above.

Hi mummies,

My little campus is good. My boy graduated from Wellington branch.
Cherryland @ Wellington was the first infant care that my boy attended, but contracted with HFMD there at 5th month.
At age 2, put him at MLC, now he's at MLC BASC too. I like the way MLC teaches the curriculum. Try calling MLC to have them to put u on waiting list.

Hi Mummies, My boy is with Cheeyland since PG. Now he's in K1 already. The School just changed management to Berry Tree Preschool in March. I heard they have been operating another branch in Sengkang and running full cap. I browsed their website (www.berrytreepreschool.com.sg) and found a lot of interesting stuff the school has been doing for their kids in their Sengkang branch.

Within a week, I have seen many positive changes - physical environment became neat and clean; they bring in many new story books and create a reading corner. The Directors and principal are friendly and very responsive. When I fetch my boy after work, I can see he is either watching a cartoon learning program with other children behind projector or busy reading story books besides the bookshelf. I'm expecting more improvement can be initiated by the new management. So far well done!

Hi Li Ke/ like?? sorry... I just like your name.. yah... I'm not sure if your child knows mine. I just enrol my child (N2 A). Thanks for your info... Actually, I transferred my son from a nearby childcare centre. After visiting the place and talked to the principle, I decided to let my son to grow and learn with Berry Tree... 2 things really impressed me. One is the spacious and cozy environment with beautiful performance stage and various indoor activity corners e.g. arts atelier; cookery room; dance studio, multi-media interactive learning centre, science corners... When my son exposed to the "Hall", he became very exited and running around till he was sticked to the arts atelier touching here and there... The second thing persuaded me to move my son here was the top class curriculums e.g. letterland phonics; growing with mathematics; rapid Chinese character recognition programs.... Many enrichment lessons are also included and integrated with daily activities with no extra charges. All are included in the standard school fees.

I will ask the school to pay me for saying so much good word ;)) anyway, I'm pleased to share something good over here...

by the way...I'm a daddy...

Hi mummies,
Is Berry Tree Preschool in Sembawang good? Intend to enroll my boy (14m now) when he reaches 18m.
Is the teacher turn over rate there high?
Is their curriculum good?

Back