Advice need..maid or childcare?

hi steven

congrats on your baby coming soon in june. :)

my opinion is that if you should have a maid, it is better to have someone oversee them, Such such your wife, or your mum, mil etc to ensure that they do the best they can. this is especially they are taking care of your new born. Should they misbehave with your new born, your babe cannot speak up for herself or himself.

however, the pros are such that a maid can free you up from washing napkins, bottles, clothes, housework, cooking and gives you and your wife valuable time in bonding with your child.

Infant care is good if you really do not have someone to oversee your maid. however, i had read a couple of books that says that kids who go to childcare too early for too long hours can have adverse effect on their characters in future when they are grown up.

therefore, the best option - that i will choose for myself is :- homecare plus a maid. hahaha.

do let us know an update what your final decision is. if you need the title of the books, i can post here later. in fact, you can borrow from sengkang library :)

Well, I do have problem if my maid going away and I have to take care of 3 childrens by myself with work out there and inside home.

Maid is cheaper than child care service, but Singapore government or the people, seems to rise the standard of everything. Thus day off comes in, maid fee increase, child care increase....etc. Our pay never increase!

Now with new maid $400 - $450 , compare to $300 after deduction for working mother for childcare service multiple by 3 childrens. Can we affort to pay that price??? Can the governement levis reducted to $80 instead?

I am hope that Singapore government have strong control over this than just talk only .

Nowadaes most maids are quite educated. If they can speak english it may be possible for the maid to even coach the child.

Understand how u ladies feel. tough choice having 2 kids and no one free to help supervise. I personally prefer to care for them myself than rely on maid or send to childcare.

Back